Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492231 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #520 on: December 20, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »

the latest lineup shares the same name, but it's a different band.

No it's not. i'm fucking sick of frustrated slash fans like you who keep disrespecting the current members of the band.

We have Guns because of Dizzy, Chris, Tommy and Axl, and the new guys who joined the band later. Show some fucking respect for the guys who kept the band alive and still do it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #521 on: December 20, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »

My question is.  If Matt Sorum is invited there...I wonder why all the band memebers now should not be there?  COME ON!  MATT SORUM?  pfffff

Might as well have Gilby CLarke there, and josh Freeze...WTF is those discussions!

For the next few months, a lot of fucking drama will happen with fans of the band now, and band of the band then!  And I think it sucks.  It puts the focus away from the amazing band we have in our hands now, and put the focus on a band that was good THEN!

I hope Axl doesn't go there!  If he goes, I hope he says straight in the microphone:  Thanks for the nice induction...BUT, I'm sorry for all the fans, but the old line up doesn't exist anymore, and will never be living again for 1 minute on stage ever again!

That would shut the trap of all the fucking wappers, and put the main focus on a GREAT band that is living NOW!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #522 on: December 20, 2011, 09:44:57 PM »

I Believe In EX-Gunners Presents:

SLASH/STEVEN/MATT/GILBY

Maybe:

IZZY/DUFF

GUNS N' ROSES ?? I Don't Believe !@!@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #523 on: December 20, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »

My question is.  If Matt Sorum is invited there...I wonder why all the band memebers now should not be there?  COME ON!  MATT SORUM?

Because Sorum played on the Use Your Illusion albums with all four remaining original members, that's why.

I hope Axl doesn't go there!  If he goes, I hope he says straight in the microphone:  Thanks for the nice induction...BUT, I'm sorry for all the fans, but the old line up doesn't exist anymore, and will never be living again for 1 minute on stage ever again!

That would shut the trap of all the fucking wappers, and put the main focus on a GREAT band that is living NOW!

No it wouldn't.  It would just make Axl look like a childish jackass.  In other words, kinda like you.
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #524 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

My question is.  If Matt Sorum is invited there...I wonder why all the band memebers now should not be there?  COME ON!  MATT SORUM?

Because Sorum played on the Use Your Illusion albums with all four remaining original members, that's why.

No it wouldn't.  It would just make Axl look like a childish jackass.  In other words, kinda like you.

Wow.  lol....Atacking people like this surely doesn't make YOU childish!...lol

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #525 on: December 20, 2011, 10:09:55 PM »

That's exactly what european media wants to tell the people, and that makes me sick, because they have no idea, how good new gnr is right now.  I have many friends in Germany who wants a reunion, because they didn't saw the current line up live. I always telling them, go to a GN'R concert, then you will have a different point of view.

Axl continuing to use the name Guns N' Roses is not a very popular decision, not just amongst the media as you put it, but most music fans in general.  Just read posts on any non GNR related music board and you will see the overwhelming response to Axl and his new guns is negative.  They don't care how talented the new band is, they consider the 87-95 era Guns N Roses, and nothing will ever change this.  NOTHING.

So what are fans like us supposed to do?  NOTHING.  Just ignore the negativity.  We can tell people until we are blue in the face how good DJ or Ron are, its not going to matter to majority of rock fans because they aren't Slash.  It is what it is.  Most rock fans would rather have a show or new album that is not as  technically proficient if it meant having Slash, Izzy or Duff back in the band.   They are willing to make the trade.  Reunion rumors will never stop, Hall of Fame or not.  It has been this way for the last 20 years.  Getting worked up about it does nothing.  Just enjoy the new music and the shows when they happen. 

At the end of the day this is a great honor for Guns N' Roses.  For every shithead journalist who tried to deny their influence, or lump them in with the glam bands of the late 80's, or talk about how Nirvana made them irrelevant etc.. this award is a huge middle finger to all of them.  It shows how influential they are and how their music stands the test of time.  I truly believe that GNR have recorded some of the greatest music in history, greater than the Beatles, Stones, you name it.  We should enjoy this day.

Exactly.  People keep saying how they don't want Axl to join Slash, etc. onstage, even if it's only for one night because it will ruin what the current lineup has achieved to this point.  I just don't think it will.  MOST people have made up their minds and do not accept the current lineup as Guns N' Roses.  We have to accept that.  It wouldn't make a difference if the new band is there, the old band, the 2002 lineup, the 1985 lineup.  People have it set in their minds what GNR is to them.  I suggest we stop caring about the public perception and just enjoy the awesome shows the guys continue to put on.  They will continue on regardless of what happens in April and that's all that we should care about.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #526 on: December 20, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »

SLASH/STEVEN/MATT/GILBY

Maybe:

IZZY/DUFF

smoking
you never believe in anything haha
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #527 on: December 20, 2011, 11:11:39 PM »

I swear..I'm a day or two away from just spamming random shit into this thread to get it locked. Guys, get a grip. All you're doing is fighting over pointless speculation at this point. Whatever is decided, is decided. It's not your call at the end of the day. You're not now, never have been, and never will be an actual member of Guns N' Roses, no matter how many albums, shirts, stickers, and posters that you've purchased that make you feel as though you were the 6th member (or 7th in the Illusion days, or 12th in the early C.D. days, etc. etc.....that last part was a joke....don't bother trying to correct my assessment of the number of members in the band....just kinda futile)

Just let it happen guys. It's bickering like this that ruins it for everyone.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #528 on: December 20, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »

SLASH/STEVEN/MATT/GILBY

Maybe:

IZZY/DUFF

smoking
you never believe in anything haha

"There is no plan yet. There really is no plan. We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy ? we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

AXL

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #529 on: December 21, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »

I, for one, care very much about present GN'R. I saw them last year in Belgium, it was my first ever GN'R show (though my first CD ever was UYI II), and I was following all the ups and downs since the band resurfaced in Rio 2001.

I don't want this band to go away, I find them better than the original lineup (AFD). You can torch me for that, it's okay I'd understand Wink

I understand very well the RRHOF honor, and I know who played on my fav' GN'R songs (that includes RQ, ISE, Don't Damn Me, Estranged, Prostitute, Coma, Sorry, etc.). so I don't want to erase or deny the past at all, I just want what we have now to go on AND be recognized for what it is in spirit and name: GN'R.

Just my two cents anyway ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #530 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »

the latest lineup shares the same name, but it's a different band.

No it's not. i'm fucking sick of frustrated slash fans like you who keep disrespecting the current members of the band.

We have Guns because of Dizzy, Chris, Tommy and Axl, and the new guys who joined the band later. Show some fucking respect for the guys who kept the band alive and still do it.

Easy, big fella.
No need to get all worked up. I'm having a difficult time understanding how you could find what I said to be offensive.
I did not disrespect the current members. Everything I have said about them has been positive.
They are irrelevant to this thread, that's all.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #531 on: December 21, 2011, 09:20:55 AM »

I swear..I'm a day or two away from just spamming random shit into this thread to get it locked. Guys, get a grip. All you're doing is fighting over pointless speculation at this point. Whatever is decided, is decided. It's not your call at the end of the day. You're not now, never have been, and never will be an actual member of Guns N' Roses, no matter how many albums, shirts, stickers, and posters that you've purchased that make you feel as though you were the 6th member (or 7th in the Illusion days, or 12th in the early C.D. days, etc. etc.....that last part was a joke....don't bother trying to correct my assessment of the number of members in the band....just kinda futile)

Just let it happen guys. It's bickering like this that ruins it for everyone.
Agreed...

The band lineup was inducted because 25+ years ago they released an album that arguably changed the music scene.  The lineup that put that album together should be the lineup that gets inducted.  No disrespect to any current and former members of the band, they were all part of the legacy.  So let's move along...
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #532 on: December 21, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »

ok, i love the now band........but........they have no place at the rrhof induction.  it should be the 5 from AFD only and no one else. it was them that started this.  without them, the band of today wouldn't exist nor would the legacy.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #533 on: December 21, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »

ok, i love the now band........but........they have no place at the rrhof induction.  it should be the 5 from AFD only and no one else. it was them that started this.  without them, the band of today wouldn't exist nor would the legacy.

I'm with you on the five, but Sorum and Dizzy are also no brainers to me...they both hands down deserve it.  Gilby for me was on the cusp, I mean he played on the majority of the 3 year Use Your Illusion tour, was on all the DVD's, in most of the videos, but at the end of the day he was never on an original GNR album.  I think Gilby was on the cusp, where if you put him in, it leads to the slippery slope that the next 20 guys could be in. 

Whereas there is no logical debate that can be made about the 7 the Rock Hall decided on.  Notice I used to word logical.  There are some people on this board who think Zakk Wylde is more deserving than Slash because he played on stage with GNR twice last week..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:51:45 PM by Bodhi » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #534 on: December 21, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »

if everybody is in, is josh freese in?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #535 on: December 21, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »

Does anybody think that maybe - maybe i say  Wink - the current line-up doesnt want to be inducted ?

I mean, for all i know, these guys ( i mean the current line-up) have shown SO MUCH respect for the old members. Never said anything negative about them, were more than respectfull for any old-member sharing the stage with them (Duff, Izzy) and kept a low profile as far as the never-ending speculation of a reunion concerns! And that s the second reason i love them all so much - first is that they are fantqastic musicians and they are the reason that Axl is happy today, continuing to carrying on the GNR name....

We have people here fighting for or against the new-line up. and i thought that we ve never took under consideration what THEY think about it... I m sure that if they were on the stage in the ceremony, they would be behind the scenes clapping their hands together for the old line-up just because they have so much respect for them...

I dont know what Axl is going to do, but i m not here to fight for every decission he ll make. I wish that he d show up , thanx everybody - even talk to Slash with a smile - and then continue on with the tour - hopefully in Europe! Smiley

Even if he wont do that, i m still with him, nothing else counts or matters... Some people take very seriously the RNRHOF and i suspect that some of them just find another opportunity to attack Axl for whatever reasons they have....

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #536 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »

Does anybody think that maybe - maybe i say  Wink - the current line-up doesnt want to be inducted ?

I mean, for all i know, these guys ( i mean the current line-up) have shown SO MUCH respect for the old members. Never said anything negative about them, were more than respectfull for any old-member sharing the stage with them (Duff, Izzy) and kept a low profile as far as the never-ending speculation of a reunion concerns! And that s the second reason i love them all so much - first is that they are fantqastic musicians and they are the reason that Axl is happy today, continuing to carrying on the GNR name....

We have people here fighting for or against the new-line up. and i thought that we ve never took under consideration what THEY think about it... I m sure that if they were on the stage in the ceremony, they would be behind the scenes clapping their hands together for the old line-up just because they have so much respect for them...

I dont know what Axl is going to do, but i m not here to fight for every decission he ll make. I wish that he d show up , thanx everybody - even talk to Slash with a smile - and then continue on with the tour - hopefully in Europe! Smiley

Even if he wont do that, i m still with him, nothing else counts or matters... Some people take very seriously the RNRHOF and i suspect that some of them just find another opportunity to attack Axl for whatever reasons they have....

And...

GILBY/2000 - STEVEN/2006

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #537 on: December 21, 2011, 11:30:58 PM »

GILBY/2000 - STEVEN/2006

ok

Gilby and Steven didn't share the stage with the new lineup.  At least Steven didn't, he and Axl just met at a Vegas show in 2006 and talked.  I don't recall Gilby sharing the stage with any current version of the band either, though I could be wrong.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »

no dissrespect to anyone;

but, as I said earlier, I dont think any of the new members wants to be introduced, since they are well aware that they are not yet hall of FAME worthy. no matter what we say, they are not yet Famous... and I think that's one of the requirements for HOF. I think they all want to deserve their respect, and not hitch hike a ride on GNR name.

I think its obvious who the house of fame wants.
 they "represent" the public, and wide audience... and they are a publicity gig... and I dont expect them to be breaking their head over who should be in HOF.Old lineup is what HOF wants.
its up to Axl to decide weather he wants to be seen with them and weather that would be of any benefit to him.

The new guys getting introduced would be an akward if not carrer/ego breaking situation since they probably want to stand behind their achievements instead  of getting undeserved rewards. I dont think that any musician wants to take someone elses credits... except metallica that is Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:44:06 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »

^^thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: