Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492299 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #500 on: December 20, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »

I agree seeing them just put the stupid bs aside for just a few hours get up there and accept this honor would be enough. At least to give the past some closure for themselves and the fans.

To give the past a closure in public would be a good idea i guess. Playing together would of course be a big moment, but I doubt that would be very healthy for the reputation (which has grown on the current tour) of the current line-up. But shake hands and tell a couple of those old stories and reminisce 'bout em old days, then agree that thats history and be happy how well evolution have treated Guns n' Roses would be great.

Would be awesome if the members got to perform a set each with current bands, like Adler's Appetite starting, then Loaded play a couple of tunes, then Izzy with band, Slash with his band, and then at last, Guns n' Roses.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #501 on: December 20, 2011, 04:45:46 AM »

Slash tweeted he never RSVP'd anything, so not sure what that guy is talking about

libertad
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #502 on: December 20, 2011, 07:27:38 AM »

^^ I think the following weeks will be full of media / RRHOF reports like that, saying that the AFD lineup will be there etc.

Personally I will only believe what will come from Axl/GN'R official pages.

Man, must be such a difficult position. Fighting so hard for this lineup to exist, tours after tours and putting CD out etc. And there's always the past that comes back to haunt, now via the HOF.

I understand it means a lot to part of the fans, but I'd wish the focus to be only on the present.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #503 on: December 20, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »

I think Izzy is the wild card. He's the one I'd be worried most about not showing up, and it wouldn't be the same w/o him.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #504 on: December 20, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »

Slash tweeted he never RSVP'd anything, so not sure what that guy is talking about
That's what I kind of figured.  The guy was on a pretty highly publicized radio show, as Eddie has been promoting it for weeks.  He knew a lot of people were paying attention, so he probably wanted to put a positive spin on everything.  Saying, "I haven't heard from any of the guys in GNR, so I'm worried none of them will show up to accept the honor" wouldn't really cast the Hall of Fame in a positive light.  Then again, I'm not sure why the guy would outright lie.  Maybe he's heard through sources that they're all interested in showing up?  Maybe he heard Axl would show up and just assumed everyone else would?  Not really sure.  I hope he wouldn't just throw out that comment with nothing to base it on.  Wouldn't be the first time though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #505 on: December 20, 2011, 11:29:34 AM »

I listened to the interview.  He said they had spoken to the 'camps' (management people) for those 5 guys and they all indicated they were coming.  Meaning, someone in Slash's management apparently said "yeah, he'll be there" and didn't talk to Slash about it.  He did not claim the Hall of Fame had spoken to the 5 guys directly.  This also didn't sound like any kind of formal RSVP.  It was a more informal "yes, he is planning on coming right now" thing.

Or, maybe the HOF guy is really badly informed by his own people or just making things up.  Who knows.  I'd put money on miscommunication between Slash and his own management.  That sort of thing seems to happen a lot.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #506 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

wait, update is Axl is coming but not Slash? whats up with this world??!  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #507 on: December 20, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

And rumours of reunion have hit media here in Belgium because Duff played with the band  Angry

I don't want anything to jeopardize the lineup we have now. If they talk about it in Belgium what must it be in big markets  Undecided

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #508 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

That's exactly what european media wants to tell the people, and that makes me sick, because they have no idea, how good new gnr is right now.  I have many friends in Germany who wants a reunion, because they didn't saw the current line up live. I always telling them, go to a GN'R concert, then you will have a different point of view.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #509 on: December 20, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »

That's exactly what european media wants to tell the people, and that makes me sick, because they have no idea, how good new gnr is right now.  I have many friends in Germany who wants a reunion, because they didn't saw the current line up live. I always telling them, go to a GN'R concert, then you will have a different point of view.

Axl continuing to use the name Guns N' Roses is not a very popular decision, not just amongst the media as you put it, but most music fans in general.  Just read posts on any non GNR related music board and you will see the overwhelming response to Axl and his new guns is negative.  They don't care how talented the new band is, they consider the 87-95 era Guns N Roses, and nothing will ever change this.  NOTHING.

So what are fans like us supposed to do?  NOTHING.  Just ignore the negativity.  We can tell people until we are blue in the face how good DJ or Ron are, its not going to matter to majority of rock fans because they aren't Slash.  It is what it is.  Most rock fans would rather have a show or new album that is not as  technically proficient if it meant having Slash, Izzy or Duff back in the band.   They are willing to make the trade.  Reunion rumors will never stop, Hall of Fame or not.  It has been this way for the last 20 years.  Getting worked up about it does nothing.  Just enjoy the new music and the shows when they happen. 

At the end of the day this is a great honor for Guns N' Roses.  For every shithead journalist who tried to deny their influence, or lump them in with the glam bands of the late 80's, or talk about how Nirvana made them irrelevant etc.. this award is a huge middle finger to all of them.  It shows how influential they are and how their music stands the test of time.  I truly believe that GNR have recorded some of the greatest music in history, greater than the Beatles, Stones, you name it.  We should enjoy this day.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:32:53 PM by Bodhi » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #510 on: December 20, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »

I love how people are talking about "giving the past some closure". HAHAHA!! That's the last thing it would do. You are already seeing mainstream news sites reporting the GNR induction and talking about how it has "sparked rumors" of a original lineup reunion.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #511 on: December 20, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »

Axl continuing to use the name Guns N' Roses is not a very popular decision, not just amongst the media as you put it, but most music fans in general.  Just read posts on any non GNR related music board and you will see the overwhelming response to Axl and his new guns is negative.  They don't care how talented the new band is, they consider the 87-95 era Guns N Roses, and nothing will ever change this.  NOTHING.

So what are fans like us supposed to do?  NOTHING.  Just ignore the negativity.  We can tell people until we are blue in the face how good DJ or Ron are, its not going to matter to majority of rock fans because they aren't Slash.  It is what it is.  Most rock fans would rather have a show or new album that is not as  technically proficient if it meant having Slash, Izzy or Duff back in the band.   They are willing to make the trade.  Reunion rumors will never stop, Hall of Fame or not.  It has been this way for the last 20 years.  Getting worked up about it does nothing.  Just enjoy the new music and the shows when they happen. 

At the end of the day this is a great honor for Guns N' Roses.  For every shithead journalist who tried to deny their influence, or lump them in with the glam bands of the late 80's, or talk about how Nirvana made them irrelevant etc.. this award is a huge middle finger to all of them.  It shows how influential they are and how their music stands the test of time.  I truly believe that GNR have recorded some of the greatest music in history, greater than the Beatles, Stones, you name it.  We should enjoy this day.

I know, they aren't Slash. They are Bumblefoot, DJ and Fortus, and they bring their own individual sound into GN'R, the same with Buckethead n' Finck.
Axl should be there with the current line up, and Duff and Izzy as Special Guests. This would be actually the best way, i don't wanna see dead people on the stage.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #512 on: December 20, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »

I know, they aren't Slash. They are Bumblefoot, DJ and Fortus, and they bring their own individual sound into GN'R, the same with Buckethead n' Finck.
Axl should be there with the current line up, and Duff and Izzy as Special Guests. This would be actually the best way, i don't wanna see dead people on the stage.

The new band accepting the award makes about as much sense as having the Rolling Stones accept it.
Sure, the latest lineup shares the same name, but it's a different band. The lineup being inducted is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Matt.
Like it or not, the overwhelming majority of Guns N' Roses fans could care less about any members that have joined since the Illusions.

Axl doesn't deserve to be there anymore than the alumni, no matter how much people want to spin it otherwise.

The new lineup is great live, sure. A lot of people here think Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece. That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that they(sans Axl & Dizzy) have done nothing to warrant being nominated into the HOF. This takes nothing away from the new lineup, it just means that the night of April 14th belongs to the AFD-UYI era.
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #513 on: December 20, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »

The new band accepting the award makes about as much sense as having the Rolling Stones accept it.
Sure, the latest lineup shares the same name, but it's a different band. The lineup being inducted is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Matt.
Like it or not, the overwhelming majority of Guns N' Roses fans could care less about any members that have joined since the Illusions.

Axl doesn't deserve to be there anymore than the alumni, no matter how much people want to spin it otherwise.

The new lineup is great live, sure. A lot of people here think Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece. That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that they(sans Axl & Dizzy) have done nothing to warrant being nominated into the HOF. This takes nothing away from the new lineup, it just means that the night of April 14th belongs to the AFD-UYI era.

When you're saying this, you dont know nothing about Axl and Guns N' Roses. And it's not a "different" band. Frustated Slash Fans sayed that, because they didn't want any replacements for their guitar idol. So, i think, it's one band, with very different eras.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #514 on: December 20, 2011, 03:15:38 PM »

So only people YOU like should be on the stage?  You are saying Slash is not deserving of the Hall of Fame honor but every other person who has ever been in the band is?
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #515 on: December 20, 2011, 03:18:21 PM »

When you're saying this, you dont know nothing about Axl and Guns N' Roses. And it's not a "different" band. Frustated Slash Fans sayed that, because they didn't want any replacements for their guitar idol. So, i think, it's one band, with very different eras.

I don't pretend to know Axl or any member personally if that's what you're implying. I don't need to know them to come to my conclusions.
"Slash fans" as you put it, have nothing to be frustrated about here.
In my opinion, you come off as the one who is frustrated that certain members aren't getting a free pass into the hall of fame.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #516 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »

LOL, if that's the case I am going to beg Axl to be a member of GNR for a couple of days.  I will have a rock and roll hall of fame award under my belt!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #517 on: December 20, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »

LOL, if that's the case I am going to beg Axl to be a member of GNR for a couple of days.  I will have a rock and roll hall of fame award under my belt!

Hehe, it's not gonna be Hall of Fame if we (the fans) have anything to say....it's the HALL OF BLAME  rofl

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »

well i guess we shall just wait and see now, no reason to be flexing our muscles about who should be there and who shouldn't, we have no control, so just relax and be happy that they are getting inducted

It Tastes Good Don't It?
manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #519 on: December 20, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »

Jarmo, what do you think about all of these news?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: