Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492282 times)
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »

I will be online tomorrow to get my tickets ! Hope I can get a couple!  ok

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #461 on: December 16, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

Eddie Trunk comments on the induction to Artisan News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkoiYtRA76o

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #462 on: December 16, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »

I think you're grossly mistaken about the impact of having Duff or Izzy guest with the new band vs the entire old band getting together on stage.

Ali

yes and no.  To people like us who frequent the boards having Duff or Izzy guest with the band is just a cool fun thing that the band does.  To the rest of the population who doesn't know any better  it kicks the reunion rumors into high gear.  It goes something like this.....  in this order

1."oh wait, Axl is cool with Duff now?  I thought he hated the old band."
2."Oh wait, Duff is cool with Slash, and now he is cool with Axl, thats the missing link!!
3."Duff will be the go between  to reason with  Axl and Slash and get the band back together now!!"
4."Where do I buy my reunion tickets."

or

"Hey Axl is cool with Duff now?  He is totally going to kick Tommy out of the band now, because he is a tyrannical dictator who calls all the shots and doesn't care about anyone but himself"

That is exactly how it goes.  And like a previous poster said, it will go on forever.  It wont stop until it is impossible and the band members are all dead.  Try and find one article about the GNR Rock Hall induction that doesn't have the words reunion, Slash or original line-up in it.  Not possible.

All of us on the boards know better, but we are in the minority. 

I don't think that's how it goes.  I think if anything it makes people think that this old member will rejoin the band, not that there will be a full-on reunion of the original lineup.  Whereas I think the old band standing together on stage even to accept an induction or perform at the induction ceremony will make people think that a complete, full-on reunion is in the works.

Ali
And if they do?  What exactly will that change?  Lots of people have been clamoring for a "reunion" for some time now.  What does it really matter if they get their hopes up that something like that might actually happen?  It only matters if it does or doesn't happen.  GNR will continue on regardless of what happens at the induction ceremony.  People will get over whatever happens, or doesn't.  Again, I firmly believe that Axl will not be "pressured" into doing something he doesn't want to do.  If he decides to show up and share the stage with Slash and co., then so be it.  That doesn't mean a "reunion" is inevitable, and it doesn't matter if that's what Average Joe believes.  Chances are people who wish/hope/believe that weren't supporting the current lineup anyway, so it's no big loss.
I didn't say it will "change" anything.  I do however think that the intensity of the reunion cries will increase in the near term if everyone is present at the induction ceremony. That, in turn, will serve to be a distraction/undermining element to the current band.

Ali
I disagree.  Again, people who are pining away for a reunion are always going to undermine the current lineup regardless.  We who support them will continue to do so.  Reunion rumors will always persist.  As far as I can tell, it's never going to happen, but some people will never be convinced of that regardless of what they may see or hear.

If you don't think that seeing the entire original lineup onstage to accept the induction will intensify the reunion cries and the question of whether or not a reunion will happen (and when and why/why not), and in turn take away from the focus on the current lineup and their activities, then I don't know what to say other than I strongly disagree. 

I say that based on what I observed with Van Halen in 1996.  Stepping onstage together at the VMAs set off an almost palpable, immediate expectation that a full-on reunion was in the works.  Everyone I know that is a rock fan, that I spoke to afterwards had that expectation after seeing that.  Clearly, that was not the case.  But, there is  no question that was the end result of the band being onstage together.

Ali
The Van Halen situation was in a different time though.  Rumors could swirl and nobody would speak up to knock them down.  Axl has been adamant that a reunion is not in the works.  Yet people STILL bring up the possibility.  That possibility will always exist, whether they all go and accept the honor, 2 of them go, they all go and punch each other in the face, Axl goes but issues a statement that it was only a one night thing and he's going on with the current lineup.  It doesn't matter.  Whatever goes down, people will continue on with their dreams of a reunion.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #463 on: December 17, 2011, 03:38:29 AM »

For those who got tickets, did you get them online or through the phone?  Any idea how the tickets are that you got?  I was thinking of trying tomorrow when they go on sale to the public.  Seems like a tough ticket to get though.
I got mine online, too. Wish you the best! Hope you are able to get a ticket!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #464 on: December 17, 2011, 08:47:53 AM »

I will be online tomorrow to get my tickets ! Hope I can get a couple!  ok

I'm gonna take a shot via phone this morning as I'll be out on the road and not near a computer. Good luck to everyone!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #465 on: December 17, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »

I got 2... my friend got 2 as well.  Should be an interesting time!
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #466 on: December 17, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »

What kind of seat locations did people get today?

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #467 on: December 17, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »

Damn it to hell, they were sold out! Looks like a tough ticket to get. Congrats to all that we're able to snag a ticket  Cry

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #468 on: December 17, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »

Guns N' Roses From TV Satelite

Ex.Members (AFD Line Up) In Stage

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #469 on: December 17, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »

Section 26, Row K.  Looks like nosebleeds, but after striking out yesterday, I'm just glad I'll be in the building.

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #470 on: December 17, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »

Section 26, Row K.  Looks like nosebleeds, but after striking out yesterday, I'm just glad I'll be in the building.
Yeah, I got seats on the opposite side, section 46 row J.  It's tough to tell how the seats are going to be from the seating chart but it seems like a small place.

Now I just hope this isn't an epic disaster like Van Halen.  Whatever happens, happens.  Should be cool to see regardless.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #471 on: December 17, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »

Doesn't look like a bad seat in the house.  It is an intimate venue for sure.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #472 on: December 17, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

Got fucked and ended up with no tickets... Looking for one if anyone's got one for a die hard Gunner.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #473 on: December 17, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »

Got fucked and ended up with no tickets... Looking for one if anyone's got one for a die hard Gunner.
According to their twitter, there may be chances to get tickets down the line.

rock_hall Rock Hall
#RockHall2012 tickets sold out in 4 mins. Sorry to all not able to get a ticket. There may be other opps to see the event we'll announce.

WAR41
VIP

« Reply #474 on: December 17, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »

sucks to everyone who didn't get tix.  I got 2 tickets in section 20 Row D.  My friend got 2 tix in section 26.  I am pumped.  Got some hotel rooms booked already.  I cannot wait to get these tix in the mail.  Its going to be great. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #475 on: December 17, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »

I didn't get tickets either, which sucks.

On the subject of "what happens?", the more I think on this, the more I think Axl should pull an MJ: Motown 25. Say, yeah, I'll perform with them if I get to do my thing right after.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »

rock_hall Rock Hall
#RockHall2012 tickets sold out in 4 mins. Sorry to all not able to get a ticket. There may be other opps to see the event we'll announce.

Called, was on two computers and their website crashed and restarted my browser. Hung up on by one of the ticket agents on accident, I'm hoping.

Royal fuck up.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #477 on: December 17, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »

People will be selling them on Ebay a few weeks before the show. Might be expensive, tho
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #478 on: December 17, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »

rock_hall Rock Hall

I think they may just be referring to the HBO broadcast announcement.  There are tickets available on stubhub for those that still need them, but they are $350 each.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #479 on: December 17, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »

Wow, didn't realize how lucky I got with these.  Like I said, me and my friend got 2 tickets each, although my friend might sell his once he sees how much people are getting for them haha.  I see its an 8 hour drive from the LES in NYC.  Maybe Frank or Richard can give me a ride out there. 
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: