Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492303 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #440 on: December 15, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »

they were line-uo,not they are line-u...there are very diferent things...You really think in 2012 there will be chemistry between Axl and Slash,guys which didn't play tohether since Argentina 1993...No way...

And this is where I toss in a granade and stand back  Cool If somehow the AFD/UYI band do get rail-roaded into playing together, I really hope that the world gets to see that the chemistry between these guys as a band is dead.

Tough to say that. Musically, I never heard anything to suggest the chemistry wasn't there between Axl and Slash.
From what we have heard since, things weren't exactly all roses during the Illusion sessions. The relationship was deteriorating way back then, but they still managed to create some of rock's finest records. Maybe it's dead, maybe not. There are plenty of bands in history where personal relationships went cold, but the music didn't suffer. Now that I think about it, I can't think of any band off the top of my head worth a damn where the guitarist and lead singer were always on the same page.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2011, 04:16:57 PM »

they were line-uo,not they are line-u...there are very diferent things...You really think in 2012 there will be chemistry between Axl and Slash,guys which didn't play tohether since Argentina 1993...No way...

And this is where I toss in a granade and stand back  Cool If somehow the AFD/UYI band do get rail-roaded into playing together, I really hope that the world gets to see that the chemistry between these guys as a band is dead.

I support the current line up 100%. But I think the chemistry is still there. It's like peanut butter and jelly. There's no possible way the original lineup could mess up songs they created. For new material you might be correct. Slash's style and sound is different than his GnR days.

The reunion talk will always be there until one dies. It can only benefit Axl by showing up. If he doesn't the media is going to bash him yet again.

Give everyone closure. Say your goodbyes and endorse each others bands. Dave Mustaine and Metallica just played together and that was nice to see.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »

Stop Please...

Slash NOT Play Whit Axl... Not Play Whit GUNS N' ROSES !@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »

They keep going.....

And going.....

And going......

And going.......

*goes back to newspaper, again*

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Silex
Headliner

« Reply #444 on: December 16, 2011, 01:19:29 AM »

"Please don't put your life in the hands
Of a Rock 'n Roll band
and throw it all away"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #445 on: December 16, 2011, 01:21:44 AM »

I think you're grossly mistaken about the impact of having Duff or Izzy guest with the new band vs the entire old band getting together on stage.

Ali

yes and no.  To people like us who frequent the boards having Duff or Izzy guest with the band is just a cool fun thing that the band does.  To the rest of the population who doesn't know any better  it kicks the reunion rumors into high gear.  It goes something like this.....  in this order

1."oh wait, Axl is cool with Duff now?  I thought he hated the old band."
2."Oh wait, Duff is cool with Slash, and now he is cool with Axl, thats the missing link!!
3."Duff will be the go between  to reason with  Axl and Slash and get the band back together now!!"
4."Where do I buy my reunion tickets."

or

"Hey Axl is cool with Duff now?  He is totally going to kick Tommy out of the band now, because he is a tyrannical dictator who calls all the shots and doesn't care about anyone but himself"

That is exactly how it goes.  And like a previous poster said, it will go on forever.  It wont stop until it is impossible and the band members are all dead.  Try and find one article about the GNR Rock Hall induction that doesn't have the words reunion, Slash or original line-up in it.  Not possible.

All of us on the boards know better, but we are in the minority. 

I don't think that's how it goes.  I think if anything it makes people think that this old member will rejoin the band, not that there will be a full-on reunion of the original lineup.  Whereas I think the old band standing together on stage even to accept an induction or perform at the induction ceremony will make people think that a complete, full-on reunion is in the works.

Ali
And if they do?  What exactly will that change?  Lots of people have been clamoring for a "reunion" for some time now.  What does it really matter if they get their hopes up that something like that might actually happen?  It only matters if it does or doesn't happen.  GNR will continue on regardless of what happens at the induction ceremony.  People will get over whatever happens, or doesn't.  Again, I firmly believe that Axl will not be "pressured" into doing something he doesn't want to do.  If he decides to show up and share the stage with Slash and co., then so be it.  That doesn't mean a "reunion" is inevitable, and it doesn't matter if that's what Average Joe believes.  Chances are people who wish/hope/believe that weren't supporting the current lineup anyway, so it's no big loss.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2011, 03:09:14 AM »

Duff says:

I've done my best to avoid doing any interviews that pertain to our induction, and maybe this column will serve as all I really need to say for now. I am a grown-up now, and hope that we can achieve some grace and class when that ceremony comes. But in the end, I am only responsible for myself.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2011/12/hollywood_class_and_kids_in_th.php#more
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »

Ticket Booked...Will see what happens!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #448 on: December 16, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »

I made a small wager with a friend that Axl will in fact show up to the induction with the AFD/UYI guys without incident.   Not sure about them playing but my feeling is that they'll all be there. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #449 on: December 16, 2011, 10:49:34 AM »

Just got my tickets!   Grin

Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #450 on: December 16, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »

Literally called the hotline to get tickets 80 times with no luck.  Anyone have an extra they'd be willing to sell?

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #451 on: December 16, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »

No disrespect to the new band at all, they're amazing, Loved to meet them in Portugal, but i'm really hoping for a reunion, and i think that has never been so close   hihi Tongue

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #452 on: December 16, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

I think you're grossly mistaken about the impact of having Duff or Izzy guest with the new band vs the entire old band getting together on stage.

Ali

yes and no.  To people like us who frequent the boards having Duff or Izzy guest with the band is just a cool fun thing that the band does.  To the rest of the population who doesn't know any better  it kicks the reunion rumors into high gear.  It goes something like this.....  in this order

2."Oh wait, Duff is cool with Slash, and now he is cool with Axl, thats the missing link!!
3."Duff will be the go between  to reason with  Axl and Slash and get the band back together now!!"

or

"Hey Axl is cool with Duff now?  He is totally going to kick Tommy out of the band now, because he is a tyrannical dictator who calls all the shots and doesn't care about anyone but himself"

That is exactly how it goes.  And like a previous poster said, it will go on forever.  It wont stop until it is impossible and the band members are all dead.  Try and find one article about the GNR Rock Hall induction that doesn't have the words reunion, Slash or original line-up in it.  Not possible.

I don't think that's how it goes.  I think if anything it makes people think that this old member will rejoin the band, not that there will be a full-on reunion of the original lineup.  Whereas I think the old band standing together on stage even to accept an induction or perform at the induction ceremony will make people think that a complete, full-on reunion is in the works.

Ali
And if they do?  What exactly will that change?  Lots of people have been clamoring for a "reunion" for some time now.  What does it really matter if they get their hopes up that something like that might actually happen?  It only matters if it does or doesn't happen.  GNR will continue on regardless of what happens at the induction ceremony.  People will get over whatever happens, or doesn't.  Again, I firmly believe that Axl will not be "pressured" into doing something he doesn't want to do.  If he decides to show up and share the stage with Slash and co., then so be it.  That doesn't mean a "reunion" is inevitable, and it doesn't matter if that's what Average Joe believes.  Chances are people who wish/hope/believe that weren't supporting the current lineup anyway, so it's no big loss.
I didn't say it will "change" anything.  I do however think that the intensity of the reunion cries will increase in the near term if everyone is present at the induction ceremony. That, in turn, will serve to be a distraction/undermining element to the current band.

Ali
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #453 on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

I got my tickets and will be in the building.  Whatever happens, happens.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #454 on: December 16, 2011, 12:03:30 PM »

Ali

or

Ali
I didn't say it will "change" anything.  I do however think that the intensity of the reunion cries will increase in the near term if everyone is present at the induction ceremony. That, in turn, will serve to be a distraction/undermining element to the current band.

Ali
I disagree.  Again, people who are pining away for a reunion are always going to undermine the current lineup regardless.  We who support them will continue to do so.  Reunion rumors will always persist.  As far as I can tell, it's never going to happen, but some people will never be convinced of that regardless of what they may see or hear.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #455 on: December 16, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »

For those who got tickets, did you get them online or through the phone?  Any idea how the tickets are that you got?  I was thinking of trying tomorrow when they go on sale to the public.  Seems like a tough ticket to get though.

axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »

coolness!  i so figured they would not get in on their first nomination, just because, but they did, and I hope it is a reunion of the AFD guys.  i love the new band, but, sorry, if anyone should be on that stage that night, it should be the afd lineup and noone else. 
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »

For those who got tickets, did you get them online or through the phone?  Any idea how the tickets are that you got?  I was thinking of trying tomorrow when they go on sale to the public.  Seems like a tough ticket to get though.
Got it online. Relatively straight forward. Section 13. Top price ticket- $100.

I'm a massive fan of the current line up- I've traveled the world to see them but would I love to see the appetite line up get together for this...Hell Yeah! I think some people on this board are as guilty as the nay Sayers in that you like the conflict.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »

Ali

or

Ali

Ali
I disagree.  Again, people who are pining away for a reunion are always going to undermine the current lineup regardless.  We who support them will continue to do so.  Reunion rumors will always persist.  As far as I can tell, it's never going to happen, but some people will never be convinced of that regardless of what they may see or hear.

If you don't think that seeing the entire original lineup onstage to accept the induction will intensify the reunion cries and the question of whether or not a reunion will happen (and when and why/why not), and in turn take away from the focus on the current lineup and their activities, then I don't know what to say other than I strongly disagree. 

I say that based on what I observed with Van Halen in 1996.  Stepping onstage together at the VMAs set off an almost palpable, immediate expectation that a full-on reunion was in the works.  Everyone I know that is a rock fan, that I spoke to afterwards had that expectation after seeing that.  Clearly, that was not the case.  But, there is  no question that was the end result of the band being onstage together.

Ali
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »

I don't think worrying about what other people will say has ever been a problem for any of them in the past. If they want to do something, they'll do it, and fuck everyone else, for better or worse. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: