Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:22:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492403 times)
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2011, 01:54:48 AM »

[...]Any kind of brief reunion will add fuel to the fire of reunion cries and undermine the current band.

Ali

adding Duff as support act doesnt add fuel??

No, it doesn't because it's a show with the current lineup.

Ali

i disagree. any closer contact to the real classic GN'R members will add fuel. add that there is a good chance of Duff playing with Axl those nights, too.  

I don?t know about the adding fuel thing.

Comparison: Think of it as a married couple that split up 17 years ago, after lots of feuds and conflicts.
So the x-husband went and did his own things, and so did the x-wife. Both more happy then when they were a couple, with of course some badmouthing of each other over the years.

However, that doesn?t mean that they can?t consider spending one X-mas Eve together, along with their kids (read: fans), without everyone thinking they would get back together as a couple. Especially if they had both started new relationships on each end?
-Eirik

Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2011, 02:00:50 AM »

My idea: Play 3 songs that night.
First song: Old lineup (87), an Appetite song, maybe Jungle or Sweet Child.
Second song: Illusion lineup, with both Izzy and Gilby playing, maybe Estranged?
Third song: Current lineup (2011), playing a CD song, or maybe a totally new song (one of the "big guns").

Decent idea, but waaaaay too confusing for anyone who isn't intimately familiar with the constant lineup changes.  I think people on this site get a little (or a lot) overzealous when it comes to the general public's interpretation of Guns N Roses, and this is one of those times.  The majority of the world outside this site isn't all that familiar with the new lineup, and I've met several people recently who thought that Chinese Democracy and its tours were the original lineup.

Then the "thank you"-speech afterwards with Axl on the left side, Slash on the right, and Dizzy (representing both "eras") in the middle, sort of like a "chaperone?, or middleman.

For one day, they should leave all differences aside

If they were truly leaving their differences aside, then why would Slash and Axl need to be separated onstage like two little boys who were just fighting on a playground?

Playing together is one thing... standing shoulder to shoulder is another.
But of course, woulde be cool if they could actually let the past be the past, and just enjoy one night of recognition..

-Eirik

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »

Eirik, sure it could work. but for other people not knowing their difference that much and knowing them for their outstanding marriage/relationship years back it will surely be confusing. as for GN'R and Duff the media and the general public will jump on it somehow, exspecially now as they are officially inducted (like: "he repeately made peace with Duff and also played live with him again, will Slash finally be the next one?" or so). i like the idea with Duff playing with Axl this month. however if the intention (some fans here think Axl has to have), was to not give the media more fuel for re-union talking, exspecially with the HOF-rumour goin around for longer, adding Duff as support act was not a good strategy. concludingly and knowing Axl being smart as he is, he didnt seem to have that intention, even if he didnt care much and is mostly in there for fun.

we'll see if Axl and Slash both will be men enough for the HOF night and leave their difference behind and dont let their egos and pride ruin that night....its about their honour  and their fans in the end.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »

I think the media lives its own life, regarding what is true and not, and speculating about things and not getting fact straight has been haunting gnr since (almost) the start.
So, I don't really think Axl give a s... about what the press writes or don't write regarding this.

But it will be exciting to see how they (axl) respond to this further more.

-Eirik

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »

Eirik, sure it could work. but for other people not knowing their difference that much and knowing them for their outstanding marriage/relationship years back it will surely be confusing. as for GN'R and Duff the media and the general public will jump on it somehow, exspecially now as they are officially inducted (like: "he repeately made peace with Duff and also played live with him again, will Slash finally be the next one?" or so). i like the idea with Duff playing with Axl this month. however if the intention (some fans here think Axl has to have), was to not give the media more fuel for re-union talking, exspecially with the HOF-rumour goin around for longer, adding Duff as support act was not a good strategy. concludingly and knowing Axl being smart as he is, he didnt seem to have that intention, even if he didnt care much and is mostly in there for fun.

we'll see if Axl and Slash both will be men enough for the HOF night and leave their difference behind and dont let their egos and pride ruin that night....its about their honour  and their fans in the end.

Man... Explain Differences Of AXL Whit Slash ?? New Info For Me.

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2011, 09:05:18 PM »

I say give the fans what they want. Who knows this could be a good thing for both Axl and Slash to be able talk face to face and maybe play. Lets face it. As much as we are fans of the new band. We would all love to see Axl N' Slash play at lest one more time live. BTW i think if it does happen someone will give them guys alot of money to get back together. Sabbath got 150 million to do what they about to do and they dont even hater one another. Guns could get 200 million to just tour.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2011, 09:28:06 PM »

[...]Any kind of brief reunion will add fuel to the fire of reunion cries and undermine the current band.

Ali

adding Duff as support act doesnt add fuel??

No, it doesn't because it's a show with the current lineup.

Ali

i disagree. any closer contact to the real classic GN'R members will add fuel. add that there is a good chance of Duff playing with Axl those nights, too.  

And I completely disagree. It's one thing for an old band member to guest on a song or two at a show with the current lineup - clearly showcasing the current lineup - and, it's yet another for the entire old lineup to be together. As an example think of what happened in 1996 at the VMAs with Van Halen. The reaction of the crowd was immediate and the expectation that move created was unequivocal.

Ali
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2011, 02:17:54 AM »

I say give the fans what they want. Who knows this could be a good thing for both Axl and Slash to be able talk face to face and maybe play. Lets face it. As much as we are fans of the new band. We would all love to see Axl N' Slash play at lest one more time live. BTW i think if it does happen someone will give them guys alot of money to get back together. Sabbath got 150 million to do what they about to do and they dont even hater one another. Guns could get 200 million to just tour.

And I say don't. Fans opinion should not matter in a decision like this. We've chose to be fans (or not necessarily, can just not help ourselves), so to demand anything, or believe we should have just about anything to say is just stupid. I really think that a one night "reunion" work against it's intentions. Even if it's just for the case of pleasing the fans, the fans could be even more demanding and speculating afterwards. No, not now, when the current members finally are getting some of that credibility by media/average joe that they deserve.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »

Fans opinion should not matter in a decision like this.

it was partly our decicion already, even Axl sees it this way:

"I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory"

Re-Union time, baby!!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2011, 04:00:29 AM »

And I completely disagree. It's one thing for an old band member to guest on a song or two at a show with the current lineup - clearly showcasing the current lineup - and, it's yet another for the entire old lineup to be together. As an example think of what happened in 1996 at the VMAs with Van Halen. The reaction of the crowd was immediate and the expectation that move created was unequivocal.

Ali

it wasnt about being different - which is surely is. it was about adding fuel to re-union talking! that was the case in 2010 with Duff/Axl already, re-read the hype about it last year! if a re-union is REALLY totally out of Axl's mind ever and he doesnt want "to add fuel in this", then adding Duff as support act wasnt the best strategy right now with all the HOF talking.
still if Axl choose to be and/or play with old Guns that one HOF night (only), re-union talking can be taking care of in advance, and wayyy more easy than in 1996 where internet wasnt that common at all. for example press releases by both sides, video/audio-interviews and live-talking at the HOF could clear that up easily. like: (on stage) "this is a thank-you for all the fans worldwide, you've made it. we've talked and are in some good terms but, as already told in interviews before, there wont be any re-union tour! everybody will go back to what he's done the last few years!"

smth. like that would clearly say its a one-off only.

also who the hell knows, maybe it'd be even ok for Axl to do 1 year re-union worldwide some later? he seems to be in an unbitter mood the last ~2 years, and he also could surprise people here and there. add that people change, even Axl. also its not like the current band members never had years off  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2011, 04:45:16 AM »

I won't be reading through 22 pages and I am sure someone as made this point.

1. Yes, there is a "new" line-up of Guns. They are fucking incredible.

2. The line up that is going in the Hall of Fame is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and maybe Matt.

The rest doesn't concern me. We will see what happens.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #431 on: December 15, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »

2. The line up that is going in the Hall of Fame is

FUck that shit...There are only one gnr line up now :Axl,Dizzy,DJ,Ron,Richard,Tommy,Frank ...
There are no line up as  Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and maybe Matt. Maybe these guys recieve award,but this is not line up.There are 5 individuals and nothing else.
These guys made amazing records,and made amazing band Guns n Roses.But now,these guys are not a band.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #432 on: December 15, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »

FUck that shit...There are only one gnr line up now :Axl,Dizzy,DJ,Ron,Richard,Tommy,Frank ...
There are no line up as  Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and maybe Matt. Maybe these guys recieve award,but this is not line up.There are 5 individuals and nothing else.
These guys made amazing records,and made amazing band Guns n Roses.But now,these guys are not a band.

What are you taking about? That is the previous line up! The classic Guns N'Roses 'appetite' line up who will hopefully stand together for one night next year. Now grow up!
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #433 on: December 15, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »

2. The line up that is going in the Hall of Fame is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and maybe Matt.

Yes to all. ok People saying that the actual line up should go to hall of fame INSTEAD of  Slash,Izzy,Duff,Steven and ( matt?) are ....i dont know what they are,but at least completly mad.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:54:42 AM by kukol1978 » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #434 on: December 15, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

Ali

it wasnt about being different - which is surely is. it was about adding fuel to re-union talking! that was the case in 2010 with Duff/Axl already, re-read the hype about it last year! if a re-union is REALLY totally out of Axl's mind ever and he doesnt want "to add fuel in this", then adding Duff as support act wasnt the best strategy right now with all the HOF talking.
still if Axl choose to be and/or play with old Guns that one HOF night (only), re-union talking can be taking care of in advance, and wayyy more easy than in 1996 where internet wasnt that common at all. for example press releases by both sides, video/audio-interviews and live-talking at the HOF could clear that up easily. like: (on stage) "this is a thank-you for all the fans worldwide, you've made it. we've talked and are in some good terms but, as already told in interviews before, there wont be any re-union tour! everybody will go back to what he's done the last few years!"

smth. like that would clearly say its a one-off only.

also who the hell knows, maybe it'd be even ok for Axl to do 1 year re-union worldwide some later? he seems to be in an unbitter mood the last ~2 years, and he also could surprise people here and there. add that people change, even Axl. also its not like the current band members never had years off  hihi

I think you're grossly mistaken about the impact of having Duff or Izzy guest with the new band vs the entire old band getting together on stage.

Ali
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #435 on: December 15, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »

I think you're grossly mistaken about the impact of having Duff or Izzy guest with the new band vs the entire old band getting together on stage.

Ali

yes and no.  To people like us who frequent the boards having Duff or Izzy guest with the band is just a cool fun thing that the band does.  To the rest of the population who doesn't know any better  it kicks the reunion rumors into high gear.  It goes something like this.....  in this order

1."oh wait, Axl is cool with Duff now?  I thought he hated the old band."
2."Oh wait, Duff is cool with Slash, and now he is cool with Axl, thats the missing link!!
3."Duff will be the go between  to reason with  Axl and Slash and get the band back together now!!"
4."Where do I buy my reunion tickets."

or

"Hey Axl is cool with Duff now?  He is totally going to kick Tommy out of the band now, because he is a tyrannical dictator who calls all the shots and doesn't care about anyone but himself"

That is exactly how it goes.  And like a previous poster said, it will go on forever.  It wont stop until it is impossible and the band members are all dead.  Try and find one article about the GNR Rock Hall induction that doesn't have the words reunion, Slash or original line-up in it.  Not possible.

All of us on the boards know better, but we are in the minority. 
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »

What are you taking about? That is the previous line up! The classic Guns N'Roses 'appetite' line up who will hopefully stand together for one night next year. Now grow up!
they were line-uo,not they are line-u...there are very diferent things...You really think in 2012 there will be chemistry between Axl and Slash,guys which didn't play tohether since Argentina 1993...No way...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »

Ali

yes and no.  To people like us who frequent the boards having Duff or Izzy guest with the band is just a cool fun thing that the band does.  To the rest of the population who doesn't know any better  it kicks the reunion rumors into high gear.  It goes something like this.....  in this order

1."oh wait, Axl is cool with Duff now?  I thought he hated the old band."
2."Oh wait, Duff is cool with Slash, and now he is cool with Axl, thats the missing link!!
3."Duff will be the go between  to reason with  Axl and Slash and get the band back together now!!"
4."Where do I buy my reunion tickets."

or

"Hey Axl is cool with Duff now?  He is totally going to kick Tommy out of the band now, because he is a tyrannical dictator who calls all the shots and doesn't care about anyone but himself"

That is exactly how it goes.  And like a previous poster said, it will go on forever.  It wont stop until it is impossible and the band members are all dead.  Try and find one article about the GNR Rock Hall induction that doesn't have the words reunion, Slash or original line-up in it.  Not possible.

All of us on the boards know better, but we are in the minority. 

I don't think that's how it goes.  I think if anything it makes people think that this old member will rejoin the band, not that there will be a full-on reunion of the original lineup.  Whereas I think the old band standing together on stage even to accept an induction or perform at the induction ceremony will make people think that a complete, full-on reunion is in the works.

Ali
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #438 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »

Not if they make it explicitly clear that this is not the case, and it's merely a long overdue celebration of the success they achieved together in a past that will remain the past.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #439 on: December 15, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »

they were line-uo,not they are line-u...there are very diferent things...You really think in 2012 there will be chemistry between Axl and Slash,guys which didn't play tohether since Argentina 1993...No way...

And this is where I toss in a granade and stand back  Cool If somehow the AFD/UYI band do get rail-roaded into playing together, I really hope that the world gets to see that the chemistry between these guys as a band is dead.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:53:46 PM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: