Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492404 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »

The Important Is GN'R In HOF And TONIGHT Play In Salt Lake!@

Good Night Babys

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2011, 07:04:37 AM »

@ estebanf,
no disrespect or trying to insult you,but we don't know anything.
Didn't Axl said that due to internet us fans think we know all the band's interns ? I don't know if you talk directly to Axl,if you do then,great!
We all love everything about Axl and GN'R the same.
(BTW thans for all the great uploads  Smiley)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:11:47 AM by nick6sic6 » Logged

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »

I think people are being naive of thinking they're gonna play together...

That will never happen... and i don't even think Axl is gonna be there...He might join it via Satellite, but i don't think he will be there in person.

And playing together would result in more lawsuits...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »

That will never happen... and i don't even think Axl is gonna be there...He might join it via Satellite, but i don't think he will be there in person.

And it will stop once and for all, all the rumors about the reunion

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2011, 08:28:37 AM »

[...]Any kind of brief reunion will add fuel to the fire of reunion cries and undermine the current band.

Ali

adding Duff as support act doesnt add fuel??

Re-Union time, baby!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2011, 09:06:14 AM »

And it will stop once and for all, all the rumors about the reunion

Never Play Together, GUNS N' ROSES Continue 2012 Post HOF

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #406 on: December 13, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »

Ok, so I didn?t read all these posts, but I?ve noticed that there are huge different opinions on the matter. Here are my 2 cents too, sorry if the idea has been brought up in previous posts:

Like it or not, Guns N Roses has been around from 1985-2011.
You can agree or disagree with the band not changing name in 2000, but GnR it still is.
So, what has happened the last 26 years?
The band has reinvented itself, changed, evolved, but it is still GnR!

So, how should they solve the predicament here?
By honouring all sides and timeframes of GnR and the members who have played!

My idea: Play 3 songs that night.
First song: Old lineup (87), an Appetite song, maybe Jungle or Sweet Child.
Second song: Illusion lineup, with both Izzy and Gilby playing, maybe Estranged?
Third song: Current lineup (2011), playing a CD song, or maybe a totally new song (one of the "big guns").

Then the "thank you"-speech afterwards with Axl on the left side, Slash on the right, and Dizzy (representing both "eras") in the middle, sort of like a "chaperone?, or middleman.

For one day, they should leave all differences aside, and salute this amazing band, which they have all contributed too in various ways. Look forward, move on, things have changed, but that doesn?t mean we can?t have one nostalgic moment and evening embracing 26 years of great music!

-Eirik

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2011, 02:54:35 PM »

Second song: Illusion lineup, with both Izzy and Gilby playing, maybe Estranged?
Third song: Current lineup (2011), playing a CD song, or maybe a totally new song (one of the "big guns").
[/b]

Pretty cool idea - hadn't thought of that, but I like your thinking  yes
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #408 on: December 13, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »

Ok, so I didn?t read all these posts, but I?ve noticed that there are huge different opinions on the matter. Here are my 2 cents too, sorry if the idea has been brought up in previous posts:

Like it or not, Guns N Roses has been around from 1985-2011.
You can agree or disagree with the band not changing name in 2000, but GnR it still is.
So, what has happened the last 26 years?
The band has reinvented itself, changed, evolved, but it is still GnR!

So, how should they solve the predicament here?
By honouring all sides and timeframes of GnR and the members who have played!

Then the "thank you"-speech afterwards with Axl on the left side, Slash on the right, and Dizzy (representing both "eras") in the middle, sort of like a "chaperone?, or middleman.

For one day, they should leave all differences aside, and salute this amazing band, which they have all contributed too in various ways. Look forward, move on, things have changed, but that doesn?t mean we can?t have one nostalgic moment and evening embracing 26 years of great music!

-Eirik

As I've stated before, I'm of the opinion that no lineup post 1992 belongs on the stage this one night, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it if they decided to play eras as you mention. The only problem is the order. The current lineup would certainly not be the main event.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #409 on: December 13, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »

[...]Any kind of brief reunion will add fuel to the fire of reunion cries and undermine the current band.

Ali

No, it doesn't because it's a show with the current lineup.

Ali
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #410 on: December 13, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »

I think that Axl will make a comment (pre-recorded) about what an honor it is, how the fans deserve the credit for their success, that in respect to the new members, he'll not add to the speculation that would arise should he had been there in person that in playing with the fellow inductees that a re-union is up for grabs.  Adding that the guys he has just toured with are the real guns n roses of the 21st century, the band has evolved, and that he respects the opportunities that came from the Appetite and UYI line-ups, as should the inductees. Like it or not, he has no desire to return to being with what would be his divorced partners and reminisce about "the good ole' days, when the truth is it nearly killed at least 4 if not all of 'em.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #411 on: December 13, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »

[/b]

You Believe This Is MC DONALD Huh

NOT

hihi hihi hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #412 on: December 13, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »

it's pretty clear who the public (present company not included) wants/expects in the Hall of fame.
The  "famous" Guns N Roses members... hence the name Hall of fame.

there's no doubt that GNR deserves to be in it... how ever... the people who are most responsible for GNR being famous is the AFD lineup... and no matter how much we wanted it to be someone else... the original lineup; even minus Matt and Duff are it. The "Fame" is not related to quality of the music, but the impact not only for the public but the band it self, and IMHO the ground breaking moment for GNR was AFD... after that even in the turbulent years of CD it was pure sailing... since the band was aestablished, and the biggest breakthrough (the finances, and the "brand") has already been accuired.

I like the new band, and would/have do anything for them, but I think that any of the new members considers them to be HOF worthy yet... and I bet they'd all like to prove it with their work, not through legacy or pure chance.... ; Lets be serious, with the guitar player changes it was pure chance which guitar player would be at the time of the introduction in the band... could have happened to any of the players in the past 10 years... with or without merrits.

I dont know, and would like that question to come up in any future interviews with Axl... but does Axl care for "fame" anymore, and does he care weather his band is "famous" or not? Personally I'm a little bit sad to see Metallica/RHCP being considered hotter/more attractive bands in this day and age and hope it will be different, but it's not something that is important for me, as long as the band is still out touring, and hopefully soon workin on new music Smiley

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #413 on: December 13, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »

[/b]

You Believe This Is MC DONALD Huh

NOT

hihi hihi hihi

I think you mean Burger King

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #414 on: December 13, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »

Ali

Ali

i disagree. any closer contact to the real classic GN'R members will add fuel. add that there is a good chance of Duff playing with Axl those nights, too.  

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #415 on: December 13, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »

Ali

Ali

i disagree. any closer contact to the real classic GN'R members will add fuel. add that there is a good chance of Duff playing with Axl those nights, too.  

I think you're right. Duff playing with Axl last year has been mentioned in a bunch of the HOF articles I've read in reference to reunion chances.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #416 on: December 13, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »

The reunion talk will end when Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Matt are underground.
I think they all realize this. They've had a good 15 years to figure it out.

The success of VR did nothing to squash it. Nothing Axl does with this lineup will either.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #417 on: December 13, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »

I like this idea.  I thought of this a while back as well.  I don't think Gilby would need to be included, but everyone else is good.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #418 on: December 13, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »

Decent idea, but waaaaay too confusing for anyone who isn't intimately familiar with the constant lineup changes.  I think people on this site get a little (or a lot) overzealous when it comes to the general public's interpretation of Guns N Roses, and this is one of those times.  The majority of the world outside this site isn't all that familiar with the new lineup, and I've met several people recently who thought that Chinese Democracy and its tours were the original lineup.

For one day, they should leave all differences aside

If they were truly leaving their differences aside, then why would Slash and Axl need to be separated onstage like two little boys who were just fighting on a playground?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #419 on: December 13, 2011, 09:13:25 PM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Fantasies Merry Melodies, From Some Htrs

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »