Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 07:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492507 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #380 on: December 12, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

The problem is, fans and media would speculate, if they can do one night, maybe they'll decide to do more.  They'll speculate that maybe the ice is broken enough to do the reunion.  As cool as it would be, its too much drama.  Axl certainly has a lot to think about in how he approaches this thing.  If I were him, I'd deliver an acceptance by video to avoid it.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #381 on: December 12, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »

It will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Dizzy getting inducted.  I  was just informed that  the information from the article posted earlier in the thread  came straight from the Rock Hall.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:34:01 PM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »

It will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Dizzy getting inducted.  I  was just informed that  the information from the article posted earlier in the thread  came straight from the Rock Hall.

Cool by me.

Esteban will not be pleased.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »

Just curious. Didn't gilby participate in just as many albums as Matt? I don't think Matt should be there personally but just wondering why not Gilby then.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »

Gilby didn't perform on UYI.  He joined the band during the UYI tours...  He is on Spaghetti though....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2011, 05:48:58 PM »

Just curious. Didn't gilby participate in just as many albums as Matt? I don't think Matt should be there personally but just wondering why not Gilby then.

Guns N Roses albums with Matt Sorum on drums sold around 20 million copies in the U.S alone..that is why he is  a no brainer for the Hall of Fame.  All Gilby did was tour with them and play on one album, that was a cover album.

I think some of you are missing the point of the Hall of Fame.  It is not a popularity contest among fans or who is the most loyal band mate or who was in the band the longest, it is which members had the most critical acclaim, influence and success..like or not Matt had all of those things when he was in GNR.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:55:21 PM by Bodhi » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »

Think it's important not to go the other way and over-state Matt Sorum's value to Gn'r at the same time.

I don't think any of us really know how much of the Illusion drumming was his original work and how much was him just re-doing Adler parts.

Solid guy, probably deserving, but I think some of his post-Gn'r ramblings have left a bad taste in many fan's mouth, and that is why you are seeing some negativity regarding him.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »

Cool by me.

Esteban will not be pleased.

I dont care who gets inducted, as long as Axl dont share the stage with Slash.

And to be honest, I don't give a shit at all (firstly, I let myself doubt about ''Bodhi'' as a source of ANYTHING) 'cause I think I know Axl pretty well and I know he has dignity. It won't happen. Sorry.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »

Then..

Guns N' Roses = AXL & DIZZY From Satelite Whit Bandmates > Ron, Richard, Dj, Tommy, Frank, Pitman

Ex.Members = Duff, Slash, Steven Whit Matt In Stage, Good Luck.

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #389 on: December 12, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »

Solid guy, probably deserving, but I think some of his post-Gn'r ramblings have left a bad taste in many fan's mouth, and that is why you are seeing some negativity regarding him.

Again, his ramblings are irrelevant.  His success in the band is not even debatable.  He stepped up at a huge time for the band after Steven (in his own words) let the rest of the guys down.  

You can argue till you are blue in the face over how much someone contributed to this or that, the bottom line is he was in the studio and played on the record.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »

add this:

"Matt saved the band!!"  = there are multiple quotes from Slash and Axl available in video-interviews in 1990/91!!
so regardless of how you look at him over the years he definatley helped the band big time when they lost their first gun (Adler) in 1990!

estebanf,
whats when Slash and Axl decide to please the many fans ("our victory") with goin' along on good terms that night or even more often?
dont hang yourself please  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »

Not sure I said anything about his behavior being a factor. Was pointing out that his behavior may have pissed off the fans, thus that's what you're running into on message boards.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »

Some do not understand is that SLASH will Not Enter In GUNS N 'ROSES !@

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »

And to be honest, I don't give a shit at all (firstly, I let myself doubt about ''Bodhi'' as a source of ANYTHING) 'cause I think I know Axl pretty well and I know he has dignity. It won't happen. Sorry.

You see the internet is a funny thing, what I did was I emailed the person who wrote the article about who was getting inducted and asked where his SOURCE was. He told me that came "Directly from the Rock Hall"...I really don't know what else you want....

I dont see what Axl's dignity has to do with WHO is getting inducted.  He obviously has no control over that.  Does that mean Axl is going to show up?  That is up to him.  But those are the band members that are going to be honored that night.

You are also the same person who claims to be such a fan of the band that you will stop listening to them if Axl shares a stage with Slash for one night...that makes no sense.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »

You see the internet is a funny thing, what I did was I emailed the person who wrote the article about who was getting inducted and asked where his SOURCE was. He told me that came "Directly from the Rock Hall"...I really don't know what else you want....

So... tell me you were expecting a ''to be honest, I have no source: that's just my own guess'' reply   Roll Eyes

I dont see what Axl's dignity has to do with WHO is getting inducted.  He obviously has no control over that.  Does that mean Axl is going to show up?  That is up to him.  But those are the band members that are going to be honored that night.

Maybe you didn't understand me because my english is not good enough. What I wanted to say is I fully trust Axl will not play with Slash in the same stage, and that I fully believe in the words he said not too much time ago:

http://www.spinner.ca/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

Would you consider a reunion with the 'Appetite' or 'Illusions' lineups?

No.

Why not?

[...] It'd be highly doubtful for us to have more than one of the alumni up with us at any given time. I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty.

Axl has dignity. I trust him and his word.

You are also the same person who claims to be such a fan of the band that you will stop listening to them if Axl shares a stage with Slash for one night...that makes no sense.

I don't claim anything. I love this band badly and I dont want it to be dismantled to create an inferior one with people that have sistematically harmed Guns all over this years.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »

One thing Axl has always seemed to be consistent with not taking much ownership over any wrong doing, in just about any situation.

Good observation.  The only "wrongdoing" I've ever seen Axl admit is "not knowing how to handle Slash's problems", which is a passing-the-buck admission of wrongdoing.  However, I think the other four original members could put that aside for one night.  Whether Axl can or not remains to be seen.

'cause I think I know Axl pretty well and I know he has dignity. It won't happen. Sorry.

You think you know Axl pretty well.
 rofl rofl rofl rofl
You know jack shit.  You've never met Axl Rose a day in your life and the only thing you know is what you've read on the internet, like the rest of us.

I don't think any of us really know how much of the Illusion drumming was his original work and how much was him just re-doing Adler parts.

Actually, Slash has mentioned multiple times that Sorum basically came in and played Steven's parts.  Sorum himself admitted when he first joined the band that the first thing he had to do was "learn about 30 tunes".

Personally, the only GNR drummer for me is Steven fuckin' Adler.

However, Bodhi is correct.  At the end of the day, Sorum STILL played drums on ALL the Use Your Illusion songs (minus "Civil War"), and ultimately recorded more final products with GNR than Steven did.  Add to that the fact that Sorum toured with GNR from January 1991- July 1993 on their huge world tour.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:47:10 PM by Bridge » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »

Children.  You are all Children.  Stop fighting over what might happen, what might not happen, and the inconsequential results thereof.  Celebrate the fact that GnR is headed to the HOF for whatever that is worth...if you give a damn about the HOF, then watch their show.  Maybe they can get Lady Gaga to do Sweet Child with NWA and a couple made for TV wardrobe malfunctions?  Whatever. My HOF is on my CD shelf and in my IPOD.  There is no controversy over who will be playing in my HOF...and they all get along just fine together.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2011, 09:18:07 PM »

Children.  You are all Children.  Stop fighting over what might happen, what might not happen, and the inconsequential results thereof.  Celebrate the fact that GnR is headed to the HOF for whatever that is worth...if you give a damn about the HOF, then watch their show.  Maybe they can get Lady Gaga to do Sweet Child with NWA and a couple made for TV wardrobe malfunctions?  Whatever. My HOF is on my CD shelf and in my IPOD.  There is no controversy over who will be playing in my HOF...and they all get along just fine together.

Great...

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:43 PM »

that could be some fixed in advance from both sides:
press release, some video/audio interview and also "live" words on the HOF itself that it's be a one-off only (Slash/Axl playing live together there), even with contracts (with 1st rule: NO SUING!!!  hihi )

and off course fans and media will never stop asking for a re-union as long as they're alive! and as they luckily are, at least some talking/hug could do it IMO. egos and pride shouldnt ruin that night.

Agreed.  I used to be of the belief that Axl sharing the stage with Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven/Matt would hinder what the current lineup has been/will be doing because the reunion cries and pleas would be at an all time level.  The more I think about it though, those are always going to be there regardless of what happens at the Rock Hall.  If Axl shows up, if he doesn't show up and tells everyone to F off.  Nothing will ever kill the reunion rumors, people have to come to grips with that.  I LOVE the new lineup.  Think they are totally awesome, put on a fantastic live show, and can't wait to see what they have in store down the line.  BUT, you can't erase how great the original lineup AND UYI lineup were.  They have their definite place in the bands history.  There are factions of people who prefer different versions of Guns, and the Appetite era will always be the most popular.  People LOVE nostalgia, and that's what they're most familiar with.  So personally I'd love to see them make peace for ONE night, and then they can all return to normal.  No harm, no foul.  Life will go on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »

that could be some fixed in advance from both sides:
press release, some video/audio interview and also "live" words on the HOF itself that it's be a one-off only (Slash/Axl playing live together there), even with contracts (with 1st rule: NO SUING!!!  hihi )

and off course fans and media will never stop asking for a re-union as long as they're alive! and as they luckily are, at least some talking/hug could do it IMO. egos and pride shouldnt ruin that night.

Agreed.  I used to be of the belief that Axl sharing the stage with Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven/Matt would hinder what the current lineup has been/will be doing because the reunion cries and pleas would be at an all time level.  The more I think about it though, those are always going to be there regardless of what happens at the Rock Hall.  If Axl shows up, if he doesn't show up and tells everyone to F off.  Nothing will ever kill the reunion rumors, people have to come to grips with that.  I LOVE the new lineup.  Think they are totally awesome, put on a fantastic live show, and can't wait to see what they have in store down the line.  BUT, you can't erase how great the original lineup AND UYI lineup were.  They have their definite place in the bands history.  There are factions of people who prefer different versions of Guns, and the Appetite era will always be the most popular.  People LOVE nostalgia, and that's what they're most familiar with.  So personally I'd love to see them make peace for ONE night, and then they can all return to normal.  No harm, no foul.  Life will go on.

You were right the first time. Any kind of brief reunion will add fuel to the fire of reunion cries and undermine the current band.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: