Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228507 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492870 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #840 on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

Letdown? Who told YOU that the ex-members and Axl were going to play?

No one did-I'm sure it will be a blast to see all the other bands play-wow-I guess you must have read Paul Shaffer's comment with happiness?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:17:06 PM by Fingers » Logged

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #841 on: March 08, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

It will still be very cool to see them all accept the award -- hopefully that's still the plan. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #842 on: March 08, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »

It will still be very cool to see them all accept the award -- hopefully that's still the plan. Smiley

Duff is already in town the night before.

libertad
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »

for what its worth, looks like Shaffer deleted that tweet. detweeted it
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »

hopefully they at least accept the award

I would love to see a performance.. but now i think about it.. if it was anything like that half hearted VR one off reunion.. prob best to not.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #845 on: March 08, 2012, 10:53:46 PM »

for what its worth, looks like Shaffer deleted that tweet. detweeted it

It looks like he deleted it-I'm sure the rock hall was a little more than miffed he tweeted that-I know Blabbermouth picked it up, by the morning it will be everywhere.

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »

yeah, prob would hurt ticket sales if they reveal that info.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

No one did-I'm sure it will be a blast to see all the other bands play-wow-I guess you must have read Paul Shaffer's comment with happiness?

Yes I did. Happiness and relief. I love the old band, but nostalgia is not for me.

I truly believe in the present of GN'R. And GN'R is what it is today.

Axl playing with the old guys would be thousand of steps back with the process that began in 2001.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:10:14 PM by Ulises » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

Yes I did. Happiness and relief. I love the old band, but nostalgia is not for me.

Axl playing with the old guys would be thousand of steps back with the process that began in 2001.

True OR it could tie a nice bow on the old era, give fans a proper goodbye and once and for all quiet reunion talk and allow Axl and everybody to truly move on 100 percent.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

Halll of Fame and nostalgia..what was I thinking??

libertad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »

I too am happy that a performance is not going to happen, I honestly don't see the good it will do the current Guns N' Roses and GN'R's legacy as a whole. If Axl decided to do this, you will have the media and certain fans calling for a full on reunion, and they will never stop.

For the last 14 years, Axl has worked hard to make Guns N' Roses relevant and continue with success, despite the original core members choosing to leave. And for what it's worth, I think Axl has done the impossible..... he has brought in new players, and wrote new music, and has made millions and millions of fans favour the GN'R post 1997.

Why on earth should Axl put all that progress on the line, for a one night performance with the original band..... which will almost certainly be counter productive in moving forward, and the last 14 years' progress?.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:22:55 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #851 on: March 08, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

Cause the potential negative backlash for not could hurt what he has built up since then.

whether he does or doesn't.... press,media etc are never gonna shut up about a reunion.

Just as Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour constantly still get asked, Page, Plant etc etc etc

when u are one of the greatest bands of all time.. People tend to not give up on wanting to see it one more time.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #852 on: March 08, 2012, 11:32:20 PM »

John Frushate quit the Chili Peppers, I know some RHCP fans say the band is not the same without him, yet the band still invited him to come-they weren't worried about hurting the new guys feelings, or "confusing the fans"-I know Axl has said that Slash is like cancer, or is "up in his ass", or whatever, but I was hoping a 4 minute song was possible.

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #853 on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:34 PM »

I too am happy that a performance is not going to happen, I honestly don't see the good it will do the current Guns N' Roses and GN'R's legacy as a whole. If Axl decided to do this, you will have the media and certain fans calling for a full on reunion, and they will never stop.

Hate to break it to you, but they're not going to stop talking about a reunion.  Regardless of what does or doesn't happen at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The cry for a reunion is NEVER going to go away.  People still pine for a Pink Floyd reunion, a TRUE Van Halen reunion, Kiss, Sabbath, go on down the line.  It's inevitable, and nothing can be done to make it go away.

So if Axl decides he doesn't want to perform for a multitude of reasons, that's his right.  But if his reason is solely so people won't talk about a reunion anymore.  I'm sorry, but things ain't going down like that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: March 08, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »

Hate to break it to you, but they're not going to stop talking about a reunion.  Regardless of what does or doesn't happen at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The cry for a reunion is NEVER going to go away.  People still pine for a Pink Floyd reunion, a TRUE Van Halen reunion, Kiss, Sabbath, go on down the line.  It's inevitable, and nothing can be done to make it go away.

So if Axl decides he doesn't want to perform for a multitude of reasons, that's his right.  But if his reason is solely so people won't talk about a reunion anymore.  I'm sorry, but things ain't going down like that.

Exactly-Eddie Trunk even in his review of a Van Halen concert how he misses Michael Anthony.

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #855 on: March 08, 2012, 11:39:53 PM »

Cause the potential negative backlash for not could hurt what he has built up since then.

I agree with the rest of your point.  BUT, not this part.  Sure there's the potential for negative backlash if Axl chooses not to perform.  But that can also work the other way.  If he does perform and then goes back to the current lineup, which inevitably he will, there could certainly be negative backlash that he should just reunite.  It really is a no win situation when you break it down.  I don't know what the right play is to be honest, but selfishly I'd love to see them play together for One More Night.  Cue the Phil Collins.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #856 on: March 08, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »

I know all too well how certain "fans" still pine for a reunion, and always will. So that's my point, why would Axl want to encourage that and put more of a focus on a potential "reunion", so that more fans and the media have more ammo to fire the "GN'R Reunion" bullcrap.  Tongue

Guns N' Roses are successfully touring, and are promoting Chinese Democracy. And are hopefully working on releasing a follow up, in the next few years. So, the last thing Axl wants to do is to put more attention on something that is already a problem in terms of moving Guns N' Roses forward.

He doesn't NEED to do it, he should NEVER consider anything like it, and I'm almost certain it WON'T happen.  Cheesy
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #857 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »

I know all too well how certain "fans" still pine for a reunion, and always will. So that's my point, why would Axl want to encourage that and put more of a focus on a potential "reunion", so that more fans and the media have more ammo to fire the "GN'R Reunion" bullcrap.  Tongue

Guns N' Roses are successfully touring, and are promoting Chinese Democracy. And are hopefully working on releasing a follow up, in the next few years. So, the last thing Axl wants to do is to put more attention on something that is already a problem in terms of moving Guns N' Roses forward.

He doesn't NEED to do it, he should NEVER consider anything like it, and I'm almost certain it WON'T happen.  Cheesy

Maybe he should stop bringing up Slash's name in the interviews he does-that would be a good first step.

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #858 on: March 08, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »

I get that point, but to play devil's advocate.  Why not take it to the extreme?  Why even show up for, or acknowledge the honor?  If it's for the PAST, and the focus is on the FUTURE.  Why go to accept the award at all?

I don't know.  I kind of think he should go all in, or not go at all.  People would soon forget about the ONE NIGHT ONLY performance once Axl goes back out on the road with the current lineup and Slash goes on tour with Myles, and Duff is out with Loaded, etc., etc.  Sure the initial cries for a reunion would be loud and possibly overwhelming.  But it would die down to where it is now and has been for over a decade.  I honestly don't think THAT much would change.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #859 on: March 09, 2012, 12:41:47 AM »

I get that point, but to play devil's advocate.  Why not take it to the extreme?  Why even show up for, or acknowledge the honor?  If it's for the PAST, and the focus is on the FUTURE.  Why go to accept the award at all?

I don't know.  I kind of think he should go all in, or not go at all.  People would soon forget about the ONE NIGHT ONLY performance once Axl goes back out on the road with the current lineup and Slash goes on tour with Myles, and Duff is out with Loaded, etc., etc.  Sure the initial cries for a reunion would be loud and possibly overwhelming.  But it would die down to where it is now and has been for over a decade.  I honestly don't think THAT much would change.
I think performing once with the old band would definitely intensify the cries for a reunion and serve as a distraction and therefore undermining factor to the new band. I also don't think it would be as benign as you make it out to be. People would get their hopes up for a larger scale reunion. When that doesn't happen, they will whine and whine endlessly about being mislead and whatnot. It's a no win situation.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: