Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:18:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228507 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492857 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #820 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »

It has nothing to do with drama but can we please be realistic?  Steven is a serious drug addict that lets his Mom hawk his old memorabilia.  Who in their right mind would want to get involved with that?  No one hates the guy but let's face it:  he is a hot mess.  The last thing he needs right now is to be thinking he is going to be part of some massive reunion.  I don't think he would honestly get that it would be a one off thing.  Duff? YES.  Izzy?  YES.  Slash?  PROBABLY.  But how can you say yes to one but not another---it would just be weird.

It's not a massive reunion tour, it's one night. Steven is (supposedly) sober. He is still an active drummer. Really no reason in the world to think he couldn't handle playing a couple songs. He knows them better than anyone, he helped shape em. If he wasn't physically able to, I doubt he'd want the opportunity as badly as he clearly does. To say he doesn't deserve to play sounds ridiculous to me. If Axl and the others could get over what happened 20+ years ago, why would you care? I think he's done his time. I for one think it could make for a great story if it happened, him coming full circle.

Still don't think it's gonna happen, but my friend convinced me to bid on some ebay tickets last night (after a few alcoholic beverages).
Was outbid at the last second by $1. I was pissed at the time, but kind of glad I have that extra thousand in my pocket right now.

The Faces have been beating around the bush for years about a reunion. Would love to see them.

Does anyone know how the RRHOF format works?
Will they announce who is performing, in what order, how many songs beforehand?
Probably wishful thinking. I'd just hate to drop the cash, then have my worst case scenario unfold.

GNR and the Faces don't play, and I'm stuck watching the god awful ear raping Beastie Boys...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #821 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »

I don't mean to be mean about it even though that is how it is coming off.  Steven deserves to be there as he is part of the legacy regardless of why he had to exit the band.  Anything I say is just wild speculation, anyway as I don't really claim to be in the know about it.  I think I am just really gung-ho about the current line-up and how well they play together that it would freak me out to see anything happen that could jeopardize that. 

I also wonder what Axl thinks.  He doesn't discuss the induction at shows or anything like that---just as part of that interview he had a few months back where he said he knew it was important to the fans.  I think everyone is afraid to speak up or make an assumption as to what is going to happen.  It can all go wrong so easily.  I just hope it goes smoothly no matter what is decided.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #822 on: February 20, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »

I don't mean to be mean about it even though that is how it is coming off.  Steven deserves to be there as he is part of the legacy regardless of why he had to exit the band.  Anything I say is just wild speculation, anyway as I don't really claim to be in the know about it.  I think I am just really gung-ho about the current line-up and how well they play together that it would freak me out to see anything happen that could jeopardize that. 

I also wonder what Axl thinks.  He doesn't discuss the induction at shows or anything like that---just as part of that interview he had a few months back where he said he knew it was important to the fans.  I think everyone is afraid to speak up or make an assumption as to what is going to happen.  It can all go wrong so easily.  I just hope it goes smoothly no matter what is decided.

I hear you.
It seems no one knows, not even the members. Sounds like GN'R.
If there is any inclination to play a reunion show, and their hearts were really into it, I think this would be the perfect scenario.
It would clearly not be a cash grab.
They could accept the award, play, then go back to their respective careers. The current lineup already has shows booked, and so does Slash and Myles. Could be a clean break. People seem concerned it'll stoke the reunion tour flames, but that fires never going out until one, or all of them die.

I don't think I would want a new album from the classic lineup. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy it, but I think their legacy is cool as is. Maybe the HOF could be the proper send off. I don't expect to know beforehand, as it seems you never really know anyhting beforehand with GN'R, and in some ways it add to the allure. I might spring for the RRHOF ticket, and if so, it would be amazing to see classic GN'R and the Faces on the same stage, but I know going in it's far from a given. Just trying to decide if spending a weekend in Ohio is worth $1,000+ if they don't.

I'm personally looking forward to the Slash and Myles record, as well as whatever the latest lineup has up their sleeves, so a one off would be more than cool with me.

If not, a Rod Stewart/Axl collaboration would make it worth the trip. I'm sure Izzy would be down for it.
Maybe Sailing?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »

I don't think any of us would object to seeing the original line up bury the hatchet and accept the award together.  After all that is the band that most of us became a fan of in the first place.  It would be cool if they played together, maybe even played a few shows together.  But as far as new music goes, I like the path that GNR is on today, and I like the stuff that Slash is doing today.  If a new GN'R record is going to come out, I want it to be the current line up.  I feel the old line up has nothing more to prove, or add to their legacy, "Appetite" and "Illusions" are 3 of the greatest hard rock records of all time.  I don't really see a point in them making any new music, they will never top what they accomplished from 87-93.  When you see GNR live in 2012, and listen to "CD" it is very exciting to think of what this band is going to be capable of doing.

I am not anti-old line up or a new band extremist, I just like where the band is at right now, and don't want that to change.  The tours, "CD", fan club, website are all things I have waited what feels like forever for,  there has never been a better time than 2012 to be a GNR fan.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #824 on: February 20, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »

It has nothing to do with drama but can we please be realistic?  Steven is a serious drug addict that lets his Mom hawk his old memorabilia.  Who in their right mind would want to get involved with that?  No one hates the guy but let's face it:  he is a hot mess.  The last thing he needs right now is to be thinking he is going to be part of some massive reunion.  I don't think he would honestly get that it would be a one off thing.  Duff? YES.  Izzy?  YES.  Slash?  PROBABLY.  But how can you say yes to one but not another---it would just be weird.

It's not a massive reunion tour, it's one night. Steven is (supposedly) sober. He is still an active drummer. Really no reason in the world to think he couldn't handle playing a couple songs. He knows them better than anyone, he helped shape em. If he wasn't physically able to, I doubt he'd want the opportunity as badly as he clearly does. To say he doesn't deserve to play sounds ridiculous to me. If Axl and the others could get over what happened 20+ years ago, why would you care? I think he's done his time. I for one think it could make for a great story if it happened, him coming full circle.

Still don't think it's gonna happen, but my friend convinced me to bid on some ebay tickets last night (after a few alcoholic beverages).
Was outbid at the last second by $1. I was pissed at the time, but kind of glad I have that extra thousand in my pocket right now.

The Faces have been beating around the bush for years about a reunion. Would love to see them.

Does anyone know how the RRHOF format works?
Will they announce who is performing, in what order, how many songs beforehand?
Probably wishful thinking. I'd just hate to drop the cash, then have my worst case scenario unfold.

GNR and the Faces don't play, and I'm stuck watching the god awful ear raping Beastie Boys...

Just don't ask him to do Civil War  hihi

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #825 on: March 08, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »

There you go, the old lineup won't play that night

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #826 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

libertad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #827 on: March 08, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

That is true for all those people wishing this would happen...

But everyone needs to realise that no one in Guns N' Roses past or present has said that they would be performing. Again fans have let their hopes build up based on hope more than anything. And no it's not a bad thing to hope, but don't cling onto something that probably weren't going to happen.

Again there's still a chance that they will all be there, so there's no reason to get down about this really.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #828 on: March 08, 2012, 07:15:18 PM »

Does that mean someone else will perform for them?  Or just no performance?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #829 on: March 08, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

That is true for all those people wishing this would happen...

But everyone needs to realise that no one in Guns N' Roses past or present has said that they would be performing. Again fans have let their hopes build up based on hope more than anything. And no it's not a bad thing to hope, but don't cling onto something that probably weren't going to happen.

Again there's still a chance that they will all be there, so there's no reason to get down about this really.

Fans of any band would hope for the same thing, but as usual, egos get in the way I guess

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #830 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Will Not Perform At ROCK HALL Induction, Says Event's Musical Director - Mar. 8, 2012

Paul Shaffer, the Canadian-American musician who has served as musical director and producer for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony since its inception in 1986, has shot down the possibility of a performance by the reunited classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES when the group is inducted into the Rock Hall in Cleveland on April 14.

When asked by the Future Rock Legends web site via Twitter if he had any idea how long the Rock Hall ceremony was going to be this year with so many inductees, Shaffer replied, "GUNS N' ROSES will not be performing, so not as long as you would think."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170898

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #831 on: March 08, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

the little hope I had is obviously gone now, dont get me wrong I love the new band and I have only seen them in my lifetime being 23 years old. But I truely wanted to see the old members get up there and jam out for a song or 2 thats it! not asking for a world tour! upset is not the word, but I will keep rocking on and supporting this incarnation of Guns which is a good one.

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #832 on: March 08, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »

Im still not closing door.

something that monumental would best be left a "Secret/Surprise"

oh well. I can live with just them all accepting award on stage together.

just hope  some lame new band doesn't butcher their material.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #833 on: March 08, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »

If true, what a letdown.

Letdown? Who told YOU that the ex-members and Axl were going to play?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #834 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »

This is not unexpected. Probably better than seeing a performance from people who really do not want to be on the same stage playing together. It would probably show in any performance they would do.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #835 on: March 08, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

This whole thing is one of those "can't win" situations. No matter what Axl does, it'll be criticized in one way or another.

As usual.

As a fan, I'm happy for the band, and for the fans. No matter what you think of awards and accolades such as this, it's a pretty nice honor. For a band that's been written off as "hair metal" and whatever else by people trying to rewrite history. The band did make an impact and influenced others. Denying that is just silly.

With that in mind, I'm happy Axl has kept going and keeps making people happy by doing what he believes in.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #836 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »

This whole thing is one of those "can't win" situations. No matter what Axl does, it'll be criticized in one way or another.

As usual.

As a fan, I'm happy for the band, and for the fans. No matter what you think of awards and accolades such as this, it's a pretty nice honor. For a band that's been written off as "hair metal" and whatever else by people trying to rewrite history. The band did make an impact and influenced others. Denying that is just silly.

With that in mind, I'm happy Axl has kept going and keeps making people happy by doing what he believes in.  Smiley

/jarmo

Well said, Jarmo! I agree 100%!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #837 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »

I really think this is the best possible outcome.  It is a great honor to be inducted and it should be left at that.  If no one performs, no one "gets hurt" or fuels any made up rumors.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #838 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »

Bummer.
On the bright side, glad I was outbid at the last possible second on those ebay tix!!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #839 on: March 08, 2012, 09:07:51 PM »

Hopefully this makes room for a Faces performance.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: