Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 471829 times)
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »

Congrats GnR!! Hopefully if they all wanna go there then they can, and all get along... It'd be nice to see them all on the stage collecting the award etc, even if they don't perform
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »

I would love to see the current line up of Guns N' Roses, playing a 3/4 hours show, with special Quests like Robin, Buckethead, Brain, Paul Tobias, Brian May, and maybe Duff and Izzy. And maybe some other musicians like Lars Ulrich or Zakk Wylde.

I realised one thing over the years: People who wanted to have a reunion, also wanted to make the big money. Axl is true enough, to do the only right thing: Seeing the current line up as a real band (i mean, why not?) and don't give a fuck about someone who was in the band until '96 and then left the band, because he was on heroin.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »

ISeeing the current line up as a real band (i mean, why not?) and don't give a fuck about someone who was in the band until '96 and then left the band, because he was on heroin.

Wow, history is getting more creative and less literal all the time.

I don't get people who feel like they have to disrespect the orginal GNR to appreciate the current iteration of the band.  That original band is the reason we have the current band. People make it sound like they were Axl's sidemen throughout the 80's and early 90's, which is pretty far from the truth.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »

Jesus Christ. The way some of you guys talk about some ex members, you would think you caught them raping your wives and killing your children.
They had a falling out. It happens. Why are you picking sides? Do you honestly believe that you know Axl Rose or Slash personally? Just from reading what they say in interviews? Are you honestly that delusional?
Even if you did know either of them, why are you fighting their battles?
It's fucking music. Listen to it. Enjoy it. or don't.

Super fan of the current incarnation? Great! Enjoy their music. Hopefully they will continue to make more of it for you, and maybe one day they too will be worthy of the accolades the classic lineup has earned. Maybe they too will have their day at the RRHOF, and then everyone's problems will be solved, and the world will be just perfect.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »

ISeeing the current line up as a real band (i mean, why not?) and don't give a fuck about someone who was in the band until '96 and then left the band, because he was on heroin.

I don't get people who feel like they have to disrespect the orginal GNR to appreciate the current iteration of the band.  That original band is the reason we have the current band. People make it sound like they were Axl's sidemen throughout the 80's and early 90's, which is pretty far from the truth.
The reason we still have guns n roses is because of Axl, i don`t deny that the original members should be recognised it`s just the rest of the hype that goes with it steven adlers already been shooting his mouth off and that`s the part that will get annoying it`s almost like they`ve forgotten this isn`t there band anymore! coming from the uk we`ve heard of this event but is it a massive event in the states ?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »

coming from the uk we`ve heard of this event but is it a massive event in the states ?

Yes, its is the biggest award a group can receive in America.  When inductees are announced it is always on the front page of every news site in the states.  There is always a mix of popular and influential artists in it, which always sparks debate.  They don't just put in any band who had success in it, although if Eddie Trunk had his way thats exactly how it would work.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:54:30 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

Every time i want to get a laugh i read this topic  Tongue
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2011, 12:52:45 PM »

The reason we still have guns n roses is because of Axl, i don`t deny that the original members should be recognised it`s just the rest of the hype that goes with it steven adlers already been shooting his mouth off and that`s the part that will get annoying it`s almost like they`ve forgotten this isn`t there band anymore! coming from the uk we`ve heard of this event but is it a massive event in the states ?

Yeah, it's a pretty big deal here.
The HOF isn't celebrating that Guns N' Roses is still an active band. It's not relevant. They nominate defunct bands all the time. It's a big reason people care about it because there is an outside shot they will see said band reunite to accept the award, or possibly perform.

The Hall is not celebrating Guns N' Roses of 2011. I'm sure most if not all of you have been hearing rumblings of this possible induction for years. It was going to happen whether Axl decided to carry on or not. Nothing he has done since '93 has helped or hurt GN'Rs chances of being nominated for this award. As far as conspiracy theories go, I suppose you could argue that maybe they are not in first ballot, if there wasn't the small chance in hell of a shot of a reunion performance.
The HOF is selling tickets after all, though I can't imagine they would ever have had a tough time selling it out multiple times over.
gnr2k6
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »

god what a joke. just get the orig band up there, thats what everyone wants to see.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »

coming from the uk we`ve heard of this event but is it a massive event in the states ?

Yes, its is the biggest award a group can receive America.  When inductees are announced it is always on the front page of every news site in the states.  There is always a mix of popular and influential artists in it, which always sparks debate.  They don't just put in any band who had success in it, although if Eddie Trunk has his way thats exactly how it would work.
Thanks ok but surely this must`ve happened with other bands where people have left and some have fallen out i wouldn`t like Axl to miss out because of it, and let everyone else slap each other on the back when he`s struggled to keep the band going for 25 years that really would be unfair.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #310 on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »

RNRHOF rules are saying that the original band members who made the first album get the honor.

I know some of you are tired of me asking for sources, but come on! Where are the rules this guy is mentioning? I want to see them! If I actually see them, I'll leave this thread and just limit myself to wish Axl not to show up there with Sla$h.

The only "source" I've seen (or that I think any of us have seen ) was that article posted several pages back.  Anyway, why would you wish that?  I really don't want an answer - please no - I just don't get that sentiment from people.   I mean, if nothing else comes out of this - maybe it's an opportunity for those two to bury old arguments and put them in the past.   
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #311 on: December 09, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »

[The reason we still have guns n roses is because of Axl

That's not exactly true.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »

That's not exactly true.
why who would you say it is? "last man standing"
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

That's not exactly true.
why who would you say it is? "last man standing"

Well, yeah - but that's how he wanted it. It's not like he was trying desperately to hold the original band together. I think it's great that he got to realize his vision, but I wouldn't paint him as some compromising diplomat whose band didn't stick with him. I'm sure Slash would have been happy to keep on making more traditional hard rock albums in a huge band if Axl had been willing.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

Once a band is inducted into the hall of fame then the proven fact is:
1- record sales improve
2- merchandise sales improve
3- concerts attract bigger audiences
4- better and improved media

someone tell me that Axl or anyone else doesnt care

yes he does, for sure, but im also pretty sure he doesn't care enough to sell his soul to the devil. he will not allow ''anything'' to be able to receive an award. Its Axl Rose, never forget that. He's not a rule follower: he's a creator of them. It amazes a lot me how a lot of you seem to ignore who Axl Rose is after all these years...

did I mention selling his soul? no you put words in my mouth
"it amazes me how a lot of YOU seem to ignore who Axl Rose is" - so is that meaning ME?

your so up your own ass you twist every frikin thing to make fans seem shallow and narrow minded
TWIST THIS UP YOUR ASS!!!!!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #315 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »

I hate when people calling themselves fans disrespect the original members.

My personal view: I love the new Guns, totally support them.
But I always have seen them as they are: a great new band that thanx to Axl, gave birth to a new phase in GNR history.

But as a GNR fan since Appetite, I love and respect the original 5 as the UYI line up, they deserved to be recognized for the GNR legacy.

//JK
wadey
Legend

« Reply #316 on: December 09, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »

Once a band is inducted into the hall of fame then the proven fact is:
1- record sales improve
2- merchandise sales improve
3- concerts attract bigger audiences
4- better and improved media

someone tell me that Axl or anyone else doesnt care

yes he does, for sure, but im also pretty sure he doesn't care enough to sell his soul to the devil. he will not allow ''anything'' to be able to receive an award. Its Axl Rose, never forget that. He's not a rule follower: he's a creator of them. It amazes a lot me how a lot of you seem to ignore who Axl Rose is after all these years...

Why? If Nu GNR got inducted it would be up there, you can bet on that.

Sorry, but I need to correct you: Guns N' Roses has been inducted. Guns N' Roses is the band I saw live in 1993 in Buenos Aires and this year in Rock In Rio.

'NuGNR' will never been inducted 'cause it doesn't exist in the first place. 'Nu' GNR as an institution (and not as a simple and innocent way to differentiate two eras) is an invention of a bunch of resentful slashboys who cant tolerate the band to keep existing without him.  This message board is dedicated to one band and its called Guns N' Roses, no 'nu' nor '2.0' nor anything different than Guns N' Roses.

And I repeat: Chinese Democracy's not the debut album of NuGNR or any other band: is the sixth studio album of Guns N' Roses, the band that will be inducted to the hall of fame next year. The sixth studio album of The Rolling Stones is Their Satanic Majesties Request. The sixth studio album of Guns is Chinese. Period.

Stop Friend, This People Is Ignorant/Poser...

We Happy By GUNS N' ROSES !@!@

beer beer beer

is that aimed at me?  if so then why am i ignorant? if not me then dont quote me

and why call someone ignorant for giving their opinion? because its not how you feel, or not how you think....
looks to me like your the ignorant one!!!!

too many narrow minded self opinionated so called fans hell bent on jumping on anyone who feels like saying how they feel

ive been on here longer than you and estebanf but because you both post high numbers you seem to think you got a right to drag others down to your level and always twist shit and start arguements
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:22:04 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Annie
« Reply #317 on: December 09, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »

It is kind of bittersweet this happened now. I am very happy that GNR has received such a great honor and that their music has stood the test of time. It's just that the current lineup is giving some of the greatest live concerts in the history of rock and roll and I hate for them to not be getting the recognition that they deserve.

I like the way that the LES MISERABLES 25th anniversary concert was handled. They had the current cast perform the show and then they had all the members of the original cast perform 1 song together at the very end. There was also a song where the original Jean valjean, Colm Wilkinson  performed with 2 other actors and they all took turns singing BRING HIM HOME. it was very moving and a great way to pay tribute to ALL the actors involved with LES MIZ. The only thing that sucked was that awful Joe Jonas as Marius.

It might be cool to see the current lineup sing ESTRANGED and have a medly of GNR songs with the former members playing duets with the current members. Just a thought.

And I must be in the 1% who does not care to see the original members reunite. I am more than happy with this lineup!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:06:48 PM by Lumen » Logged
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: December 09, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

Why is everyone saying Nu Guns n roses??
They have been in the band for over ten years. ITs not NU!!!
Thats alot more than Slash , Adler , Izzy, Duff .
Who have also stuck with the band through the low points and still are playing with them.
I think Axl should mention the current members to congratulate them for sticking with axl all these years regardless of all the bad press.
AND the current lineup play live totally better than slash or Adler could do. Slash used to fuck up ALOT on solos. these guys rarely ever do.

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #319 on: December 09, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

AND the current lineup play live totally better than slash or Adler could do. Slash used to fuck up ALOT on solos. these guys rarely ever do.

No one's debating that. Ron Thal is in a fairly elite class of guitar players. Plus, they're older guys - they're not out partying like early Guns did. But, they co-wrote the songs that are getting a lot of people in the room to see the new band. *shrug*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:49:53 PM by requiem156 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: