Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:52:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 471208 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »

Either have EVERYONE NEW AND OLD on the stage or nobody at all.

Exactly.

Now as far the 94-present lineup,  Brain was in it for the money and fame. He didn't care about the GNR legacy. He even said it as a joke. Robin and Buckethead were BAD choices for GNR. They simply didn't fit in. This current lineup is great, but they do not have an album yet.

That's simply not understading Brain's humour, because of not knowing him. You cant state he was for the money just because of that joke episode. Come the fuck on.

To say Robin and Buckethead were bad choices for GNR is just one among several opinions possible. To me, its the most ridicule thing any GNR fan can say because to my eyes they were the 2 most talented guitar players GNR has ever had and I highly doubt Axl can find two better performers and writters than them in the future. But I know: this is just my opinion.

To your eyes, ''Chinese Democracy'' is an album made by an inexistant lineup. What lineup made CD? I'll wait for a reply from your part...

Let the band be. If they do a performance for one night that would be great! If they decide to reunite, that would also be great.

If the AFD lineup reunites under the GNR name, it would be the biggest disrespect EVER MADE to a group of musicians and human beings (the ones that helped reconstruct a band that had been destroyed, among other things, by AFD members), and the biggest disrespect EVER MADE to a group of fans who tolerated the untolerable a decade long and supported the band blindly when there were no reasons to believe (i remember 2004... after the Rock in Rio cancellation... )

If the AFD lineup reunites, I'd say bye bye to GNR (this is being said for a person who saw the band live 10 times in 5 different countries... not a joke at all).

I hope they reunite just for this hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »

Either have EVERYONE NEW AND OLD on the stage or nobody at all.

Exactly.

Now as far the 94-present lineup,  Brain was in it for the money and fame. He didn't care about the GNR legacy. He even said it as a joke. Robin and Buckethead were BAD choices for GNR. They simply didn't fit in. This current lineup is great, but they do not have an album yet.

That's simply not understading Brain's humour, because of not knowing him. You cant state he was for the money just because of that joke episode. Come the fuck on.

To say Robin and Buckethead were bad choices for GNR is just one among several opinions possible. To me, its the most ridicule thing any GNR fan can say because to my eyes they were the 2 most talented guitar players GNR has ever had and I highly doubt Axl can find two better performers and writters than them in the future. But I know: this is just my opinion.

To your eyes, ''Chinese Democracy'' is an album made by an inexistant lineup. What lineup made CD? I'll wait for a reply from your part...

Let the band be. If they do a performance for one night that would be great! If they decide to reunite, that would also be great.

If the AFD lineup reunites under the GNR name, it would be the biggest disrespect EVER MADE to a group of musicians and human beings (the ones that helped reconstruct a band that had been destroyed, among other things, by AFD members), and the biggest disrespect EVER MADE to a group of fans who tolerated the untolerable a decade long and supported the band blindly when there were no reasons to believe (i remember 2004... after the Rock in Rio cancellation... )

If the AFD lineup reunites, I'd say bye bye to GNR (this is being said for a person who saw the band live 10 times in 5 different countries... not a joke at all).

I hope they reunite just for this hihi hihi hihi

It won't happen. Axl has gave us too many reasons to believe in him. Sorry.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »

Ur post is ridiculous though

U don't like Appetite,Lies and Use Your Illusions?

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

I'm in love with them. I just love them all, specially the illusions.

Trying to figure out what does that have to do with ANYTHING here...

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »

Estban- I'm not going to keep arguing with you. You have your opinion and I have mine.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »

Whatever Axl chooses to do, it's up to him.

It doesn't have to mean A or B.

For example: Just because you go to a high school reunion, and hang out for one evening, doesn't mean you'll start spending more time with the old friends.

And if you decide not to go, doesn't mean you'll never see them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »

I'm in love with them. I just love them all, specially the illusions.

Trying to figure out what does that have to do with ANYTHING here...

just tired of u shitting on the old guys that created all these all time classics u love and listen to today.

Great high school reunion analogy. Went to mine. was friendly with a bunch of dickheads i couldn't stand.. haven't spoken to them since.

smokinGun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »

People talk a lot about the "Axl chats" and dissect every sentence he says regarding the old band, but it's common for people to have a change of heart on things...I can just imagine everyone fuming if the old band played, got along, decided to tour, etc. using things Axl said years ago against him...I mean I may have said things a few years ago that I changed my mind about...it's not a big deal. I hope the old band will at least play a song or two, to give the fans what they've wanted to see for almost 20 years...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »

I've been following this message board since it started, but I've never registered.  Until now.

I just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion about who belongs on stage at the HOF.

While I am a huge fan of this new band, I just saw them three times (Hartford, Worcester, New Jersey- was suppose to be in Albany-)  and I whole heartedly agree with the anger toward Slash and the other members (with the exception of Duff and Izzy)  I think for a moment such as this it would be quite a dishonor to the legacy of Guns N' Roses to have anyone on the stage other than Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve, Dizzy, Matt.
Here's why:

Yes, you can argue that Tommy Stintson is a big part of the legacy, as is Robin and Bucket and Bumble and DJ etc... the thing is, without the seven guys mentioned prior, there would be no legacy.

DJ doesn't belong on that stage, because DJ wasn't in that van on the way back from Seattle on the "Hell Tour".  Robin Finck wasn't in the van when Slash strummed the chords that eventually became Paradise City.  Buckethead wasn't in the room when Axl told Slash that the little warm-up exercise he was doing sounded great and eventually became the opening of Sweet Child O' Mine.

Tommy Stintson wasn't sitting on the floor when Paul Stanley told Axl and Duff that Welcome To The Jungle needed to be re-written, and Bumblefoot wasn't there when Axl and Duff told him to fuck off.

Guns N' Roses are going into the Hall Of Fame because of a legacy builty by Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy and Matt and Dizzy.

THose are the only people that belong there.  They built the legacy that the current band is keeping alive, but without that core, there is no Guns N' Roses.

Let me add, however, Axl should not play with the old members.  Simply accept whatever award they get, say thank you and call it a night.

You sure seem to know a lot.

I agree though. No way they should play. Accept and move on. Whomever chooses to show up.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »

People talk a lot about the "Axl chats" and dissect every sentence he says regarding the old band, but it's common for people to have a change of heart on things...I can just imagine everyone fuming if the old band played, got along, decided to tour, etc. using things Axl said years ago against him...I mean I may have said things a few years ago that I changed my mind about...it's not a big deal. I hope the old band will at least play a song or two, to give the fans what they've wanted to see for almost 20 years...

Call me batsh*t  crazy, but I wouldn't even consider the possibility of him actually touring with the original lineup or old band. I can see Axl agreeing to jam for the HOF, as a respect thing for the legacy...but why on Earth would it have to go any further than that? Has anyone seriously not noticed how damn focused and determined Axl seems on stage? The guy is like a f*cking machine out there right now, and I think people are fooling themselves if they think that it is not at least in large part to who he has surrounded himself with.

Go on an actual tour with the old band? Travel the country or world with Slash? For money? Doesn't even seem thinkable that Axl would consider it
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »

For example: Just because you go to a high school reunion, and hang out for one evening, doesn't mean you'll start spending more time with the old friends.

/jarmo

+100

This is a decision that is totally up to Axl.  We have watched Axl Rose do whatever he wants for the last 25 years.  It baffles me how some of you think that if he does A or B then he is going to be forced into something, or will HAVE get back with the old guys, or HAVE to do anything for that matter, otherwise the press will think this or that, etc.. For all we know he could show up to the induction, go on stage with the old guys and feel like doing a one off reunion tour OR he could feel like telling them to fuck off, OR none of the above.  I think Axl has proven to us over the years that he doesn't HAVE to do anything he doesn't want to do and doesn't care about how he is perceived or what people say about him, especially the media.  Isn't that why we love the guy??

Whatever Axl decides to do in this situation I know one thing is true, the day after the induction he is going to continue doing whatever the fuck he wants no matter what, as always.  That is why we are all here supporting him after so many years.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2011, 12:24:08 AM »

Congratulations GNR.

Hope to see 1-2 songs from the OG's.  If not that's cool to.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2011, 12:57:24 AM »

This hasn't been just his band.

Of course not. But the fact HE (and not Slash or Steven or Duff) created it, plus the fact that HE (and not Slash or Steven or Duff) supported it in the bad times and worked hard to got it back from the coma between 1994 and 2000, plus the fact that HE (and not Slash or Steven or Duff) is the only one fighting for giving the band a present and a future (new album, touring, interviews, etc) gives him way more credits than Slash, Steven or Duff (i refuse to even mention Sorum or Gilby in all this subject)

This was not his band, as you said. Slash was in this band, Robin Finck was in this band, Izzy Stradlin was in this band and Brain Mantia was in this band. Everyone who played a part in this game should be there or nothing, IMO.

Wow - you're briefs or boxers or whatever you wear must be gettin' a little too bunched up there to be comfortable for ya', ya' think?   You really have to refer to Axl as "HE" (like he's God or something)?    HE didn't create this band on his own, you know that.  You didn't even mention Izzy in the first paragraph about creators, let alone some others who ended up having nothing to do with the seminal album that launched this band into rock n' roll history.  I won't go any further than that on that paragraph because it's not worth getting into a petty argument over the same shit that's been discussed over and over.   

"I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory."

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:23 AM »

/jarmo

+100

This is a decision that is totally up to Axl.  We have watched Axl Rose do whatever he wants for the last 25 years.  It baffles me how some of you think that if he does A or B then he is going to be forced into something, or will HAVE get back with the old guys, or HAVE to do anything for that matter, otherwise the press will think this or that, etc.. For all we know he could show up to the induction, go on stage with the old guys and feel like doing a one off reunion tour OR he could feel like telling them to fuck off, OR none of the above.  I think Axl has proven to us over the years that he doesn't HAVE to do anything he doesn't want to do and doesn't care about how he is perceived or what people say about him, especially the media.  Isn't that why we love the guy??

Whatever Axl decides to do in this situation I know one thing is true, the day after the induction he is going to continue doing whatever the fuck he wants no matter what, as always.  That is why we are all here supporting him after so many years.

I don't get this either - that this is a decision that is totally up to just Axl Rose.  Really?  I don't think so.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »

I'm sure that Axl will do something completely Rock n Roll or do something so understated that people will go uhh?  Either way one thing we do know about Axl is that he knows who his mates are, and the best and current line-up will feature somewhere.  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:49 AM »

This hasn't been just his band.

Of course not. But the fact HE (and not Slash or Steven or Duff) created it, plus the fact that HE (and not Slash or Steven or Duff) supported it in the bad times and worked hard to got it back from the coma between 1994 and 2000, plus the fact that HE (and not Slash or Steven or Duff) is the only one fighting for giving the band a present and a future (new album, touring, interviews, etc) gives him way more credits than Slash, Steven or Duff (i refuse to even mention Sorum or Gilby in all this subject)

This was not his band, as you said. Slash was in this band, Robin Finck was in this band, Izzy Stradlin was in this band and Brain Mantia was in this band. Everyone who played a part in this game should be there or nothing, IMO.

Wow - you're briefs or boxers or whatever you wear must be gettin' a little too bunched up there to be comfortable for ya', ya' think? 

im pretty sure you're trying to insult me or something, but my english is not good enough to understand that ^^

I know he didn't create this band on his own, but I do know Slash, Duff, Steven, Scrotum and Gilby were not there at the begining of everything. And I do know they are not in the band anymore too. And I do know all the efforts these people have done to stop the GNR resurrection in the first years of the last decade. And I do know who were the ones who supported the band you and me and everybody here love when these people were trying to destroy it. I also know the RNRHOF will not give 2 shits about this, but what truly amazes me is how we, the fans, forget these things so quickly. Maybe you weren't there, supporting the band, all those years, and you didnt suffer what some of us did.

The band I saw 10 times between 2010 and 2011 is not a farse. It cant be ignored and its members cant be used like some of you propose with the reunion of the AFD lineup.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:03 AM »

I don't get this either - that this is a decision that is totally up to just Axl Rose.  Really?  I don't think so.

I think you misunderstood my previous post.  I am saying that whether or not Axl Rose goes to the induction is totally his decision, no?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:47 AM »

I think you misunderstood my previous post.  I am saying that whether or not Axl Rose goes to the induction is totally his decision, no?

I did misunderstand.  When you put it that way - I get it.  I thought you were trying to say that what happens and who shows up or who doesn't and how it all goes is up to him. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2011, 01:55:28 AM »

I did misunderstand.  When you put it that way - I get it.  I thought you were trying to say that what happens and who shows up or who doesn't and how it all goes is up to him. 

oh no, it was reported(although I am yet to see that it is confirmed) that Axl,Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy, Steven, Dizzy  are the ones who are getting in, so I was just referring to the possibility of Axl taking part in it.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2011, 04:02:27 AM »

Congrats GNR!

Would love to see Axl, Steven, Slash, Duff and Izzy on stage for a couple of songs that night only.

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: