Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496744 times)
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2500 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »

Just glad Axl won't be there to be embarrassed. It has all the makings of an utter disaster. I personally don't think the former members should perform, especially under the GN'R name, because they are no longer GN'R members. Mostly by choice. This will only serve to re-affirm the casual listener's association of them with the band. GN'R is alive and well and heading out on tour.......
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2501 on: April 14, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »

Just glad Axl won't be there to be embarrassed. It has all the makings of an utter disaster. I personally don't think the former members should perform, especially under the GN'R name, because they are no longer GN'R members. Mostly by choice. This will only serve to re-affirm the casual listener's association of them with the band. GN'R is alive and well and heading out on tour.......

why shouldnt they perform, thats ridicules!!

this thing is really bringing out the worst in some of you....there is absolutely no reason at all why anyone would cry over this celebration....those guys have every right to perform ...THEY WROTE THE FUCKING MUSIC!!!

like it or not it doesnt have to be called anything, but its the former members having fun, and that really cuts a lot of you Axl obsessed
 people!
i so support Axl n' GNR TODAY but why are you people so up set with the old members having some fun?Huh? i really dont get this!!!
PATHETIC!!   

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2502 on: April 14, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »

this thing is really bringing out the worst in some of you....there is absolutely no reason at all why anyone would cry over this celebration....those guys have every right to perform ...THEY WROTE THE FUCKING MUSIC!!!

like it or not it doesnt have to be called anything, but its the former members having fun, and that really cuts a lot of you Axl obsessed
 people!
i so support Axl n' GNR TODAY but why are you people so up set with the old members having some fun?Huh? i really dont get this!!!
PATHETIC!!   

I don't mind if they perform....however, the Rock Hall shouldn't allow Miles Kennedy to sing!  They didn't invite him!  Just like they didn't invite any current GNR members other than Axl or DIzzy.  You think the Hall would allow Tommy to play??  How is Miles any different??  Matter of fact, it's worse....because he was NEVER in GNR.  So with that said, maybe they shouldn't have anyone sing...therefor, not play...out of respect for the name, band, and fans.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #2503 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »

Little Stevie Adler's been running his mouth again...

Former GN?R Drummer Steven Adler Says Axl Should?ve "Put the Fans First" and Performed at Rock Hall Induction (calls new line-up 'scabs'):

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/04/13/former-gnr-drummer-steven-adler-says-axl-shouldve-put-the-fans-first-and-performed-at-rock-hall-induction/

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #2504 on: April 14, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »

Little Stevie Adler's been running his mouth again...

Former GN?R Drummer Steven Adler Says Axl Should?ve "Put the Fans First" and Performed at Rock Hall Induction (calls new line-up 'scabs'):

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/04/13/former-gnr-drummer-steven-adler-says-axl-shouldve-put-the-fans-first-and-performed-at-rock-hall-induction/

Adler is a complete idiot, this guy sound like someone with 3 gallons wodka intus. LMFAO
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:51:37 AM by new gnr fan » Logged

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2505 on: April 14, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »

the mood between the jamming people is surely lots better without Axl in there, so hopefully its becoming some cool performance - even if set-up had to be done shortly.

have fun everyone @HOF tonight  beer

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2506 on: April 14, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »

Steven Adler giving others lessons about respect is just funny.

The same guy who attacks the people in the band who never said a bad word about him.

We were told for months how we deserve a reunion and now they'll offer us a yet another "Slash feat. Myles Kennedy" show feat. Steven Adler of Adler and Duff McKagan of Duff Mckagan's Loaded with a possible surprise appearance of Baron Von Storm of Diamond Baby?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't care if they play. But this has all been done before. Nothing special...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2507 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

This has all been done before. Nothing special...

/jarmo

Like the "chinese democracy never ending world tour" and the 3 hours show with no new songs but covers of songs made 40 years ago?
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #2508 on: April 14, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »

We were told for months how we deserve a reunion and now they'll offer us a yet another "Slash feat. Myles Kennedy" show feat. Steven Adler of Adler and Duff McKagan of Duff Mckagan's Loaded with a possible surprise appearance of Baron Von Storm of Diamond Baby?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't care if they play. But this has all been done before. Nothing special...

/jarmo

Done before, has it? Post a link pls, I don't recall having seen this..?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2509 on: April 14, 2012, 12:17:09 PM »

/jarmo

Like the "chinese democracy never ending world tour" and the 3 hours show with no new songs but covers of songs made 40 years ago?

That's all you got?  hihi

As a fan I love the 3 hour shows....imagine that?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #2510 on: April 14, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »

Steven Adler giving others lessons about respect is just funny.

The same guy who attacks the people in the band who never said a bad word about him.

/jarmo

Yes, and after that Bumblefoot has accepted the apology. It had everything to be good, but Steven had to mess up everything.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2511 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »

people!
PATHETIC!!   

I don't mind if they perform....however, the Rock Hall shouldn't allow Miles Kennedy to sing!  They didn't invite him!  Just like they didn't invite any current GNR members other than Axl or DIzzy.  You think the Hall would allow Tommy to play??  How is Miles any different??  Matter of fact, it's worse....because he was NEVER in GNR.  So with that said, maybe they shouldn't have anyone sing...therefor, not play...out of respect for the name, band, and fans.

BULLSHIT!!

they would have bent over backwards for Axl, if he demanded the current line up at least be invited they would have.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2512 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

/jarmo

That's all you got?  hihi

As a fan I love the 3 hour shows....imagine that?

And maybe a new song in 4 years, you know, just to focus more on the new band and move on. Finck buck and brain they're not there anymore
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #2513 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »

"why shouldnt they perform, thats ridicules!!

people!
PATHETIC!!"
[/quote]

I agree with u man. The guys getting inducted today is the reason I bacame a fan in the first place. I LOVE THE NEW GNR!!!!! I FOLLOWED THEM TO VEGAS CUZ I LOVE THEM!!! BUT, it all started with the guys gttn inducted today! Some people forget that.... I respect and understand Axl's reason fr not going. That does not mean im
Not excited for tonight! WITH THAT SAID, I hope my money is right so I can go to Europe and catch GNR again!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:24:18 PM by Jbat81 » Logged

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2514 on: April 14, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »

I would suggest that those of you who support Axl's decision not watch or follow the RRHOF on Sunday. Axl, Dizzy & Izzy won't be there. Nothing to see here move along
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2515 on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »

Who said dizzy is not going?  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2516 on: April 14, 2012, 12:26:31 PM »

/jarmo

So you have a problem with your favorite bands playing live?

Weird.

You obviously didn't get it. Nothing new there.

Fact: Bands tour, rarely do they only play the new album on each tour. They often play old material as well.
Fact: Not many bands play three hour shows.
Fact: For example Pearl Jam and Metallica are heading out on tour this summer without new albums out. Does it bother their fans? No. Only biased GN'R fans object to their favorite band playing live for their fans.

You're thinking just like the RNRHOF. "If GN'R is here, they must reunite".
But in your case it's "If they're not on tour, they must record". Silly!

Also, the whole idea of the RNRHOF was that it was supposed to be a one night only special event. It's not a tour.

So they couldn't get what they wanted and they'll serve the same grilled cheese sandwich you got before instead of the lobster they were saying you deserved...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2517 on: April 14, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »

/jarmo

Done before, has it? Post a link pls, I don't recall having seen this..?

It has been done before, and it was done better than it will be Tonight. Remember when izzy joined velvet revolver for a few songs? That was basically an old gnr reunion.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2518 on: April 14, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »

I would suggest that those of you who support Axl's decision not watch or follow the RRHOF on Sunday. Axl, Dizzy & Izzy won't be there. Nothing to see here move along
so you say that this event is not for guns n roses fans just for ex guns goes solo fans.

matter of fact i really like velvet revolver and duff loaded so im still interested in this
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:30:38 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2519 on: April 14, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »

/jarmo

So you have a problem with your favorite bands playing live?

Weird.

You obviously didn't get it. Nothing new there.

Fact: Bands tour, rarely do they only play the new album on each tour. They often play old material as well.
Fact: Not many bands play three hour shows.
Fact: For example Pearl Jam and Metallica are heading out on tour this summer without new albums out. Does it bother their fans? No. Only biased GN'R fans object to their favorite band playing live for their fans.

You're thinking just like the RNRHOF. "If GN'R is here, they must reunite".
But in your case it's "If they're not on tour, they must record". Silly!

Also, the whole idea of the RNRHOF was that it was supposed to be a one night only special event. It's not a tour.

So they couldn't get what they wanted and they'll serve the same grilled cheese sandwich you got before instead of the lobster they were saying you deserved...

/jarmo

Dude u can clutch at straws forever, i don't care. Anyway i love grilled cheese and sandwich, and i really didn't expected nothing more. peace At least tonight i'll have a nice dinner.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: