Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 471218 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »

The "source?" questioning is getting kind of boring now, it's safe to say until a link is posted claiming this, there is no source.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #241 on: December 08, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »

Hold on stop the clock. Did someone say that LL Cool J was in the Hall of fame? Hahahahaha!

he is and so is madonna

no he's not in, just got nominated one year I think.

Are you saying Madonna, the most successful and iconic female artist in the history of music doesnt belong in the Hall of Fame?

rock and roll hall of fame no she doesn't
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #242 on: December 08, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »

the original 5 should be there to accept, no one else-no dis on the current lineup

I agree with you. All the orignal five should accept the award and say thank you and all that, but not play. If GN'R's to play some song then it should be the current line up. Simple as that.

''Jungle, baby!''  peace

**lame joke alert** well i hope that rob gardner and tracii guns will be avaible  Undecided .... sorry

Lame!

Yeah, why don't you go tell them? They might be thinking they won't get inducted.

''Jungle, baby!''  smoking
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #243 on: December 08, 2011, 06:41:06 PM »

The "source?" questioning is getting kind of boring now, it's safe to say until a link is posted claiming this, there is no source.

i think its an elegant way to tell some people ''stop imagining and inventing things and stating them as the inquestionable truth''. With the ''source'' question, you dont need to tell them anyhing directly: they reach the conclussion they are bullshitting by their own.

Anyway, at the end of the day, im not here to entertain you...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gnrfan1797
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »

Hold on stop the clock. Did someone say that LL Cool J was in the Hall of fame? Hahahahaha!

he is and so is madonna

Are you saying Madonna, the most successful and iconic female artist in the history of music doesnt belong in the Hall of Fame?

especially when bands like rush and heart get ignored or even kiss
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »

If I see one more person bitch about Rush or Kiss not getting in...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2011/12/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame-bou.html

This says that Matt Sorum is in.

"From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group?s heyday in the late ?80s and early ?90s."

This is exactly as it should be.

The band was eligible for induction because twenty-five years had passed since the release of their first record, which was actually the "Live Like A Suicide" EP, but obviously 2012 marks the 25th anniversary of "Appetite For Destruction". Matt Sorum deserves to be there because he's played drums on more GN'R songs than anyone else ( the "Illusion" double discs and "The Spaghetti Incident"), and Dizzy deserves to be there because he's the second longest tenured member of the band.

Any talk of the current lineup besides Axl and Dizzy being on stage at the ceremony is ridiculous. Just let the other guys who helped put the band on the fucking map have their due for one night.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2011, 07:28:52 PM »

It has to be original lineup to receive this honour. That's the only reason why they've been inducted into the Rock n roll Hall of Fame.

source?

If you think they are being inducted because of Chinese Democracy, you are beyond delusional my friend.
Their induction into the HOF has been a hot topic since long before Democracy was even released.

You LOVE the band post '94. That's great.
GN'R's legacy had been cemented before '94.
They would be on the ballot whether Axl continued all these years or not.

Pretty sure the HOF couldn't give two shits about the lawsuits between Slash and Axl.

a source or GTFO.

PS: Pretty sure Axl Rose couldn't give two shits about HOF  ok

Oh, so you're "pretty sure" Axl doesn't care about the Hall Of Fame?  Who's YOUR source?  Roll Eyes

I disagree, and also think you're trying to be a shit-stirrer.

If you have bothered to read the recent GN'R Facebook posts, or saw the Eddie Trunk interview on VH1 Classic, it appears Axl is quite honored by nomination, and now, induction. The man's also smart enough to know the induction isn't for "Chinese Democracy", so the right thing him to do for ALL the fans throughout the band's history is to celebrate the honor with the musicians who helped to bring worldwide recognition and fame in the band's early days.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

Axl,Izzy,Duff,Steven and Slash should speak to each other,and talk about all these years of fights and find the way to be there.It has been 18 years since they split up.I think it has to end next year.Its like winning and oscar. ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM »

he is and so is madonna

especially when bands like rush and heart get ignored or even kiss

for the thousandth time, the "Rock N Roll" part obviously doesnt mean rock music, it means popular/mainstream music, as their are several different genres inducted.  Not one of those bands you listed even touch Madonna's popularity or influence on mainstream music.  I think Kiss and Rush both should be in by the way, and they will be, but they certainly arent first ballot hall of famers.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: December 08, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »

This is really absurd to read some posts on this thread. GNR would not exist without Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. This FACT!!! As good as the current lineup is, they do not belong in the HOF. I can totally see Matt and Dizzy as well since they were part of the UYI days. The zenith of popularity for Guns N' Roses was in the 87-93 era. Let the original band have their moment in the sun for creating one of the GREATEST albums ever!!!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #251 on: December 08, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »

This is exactly as it should be.

The band was eligible for induction because twenty-five years had passed since the release of their first record, which was actually the "Live Like A Suicide" EP, but obviously 2012 marks the 25th anniversary of "Appetite For Destruction". Matt Sorum deserves to be there because he's played drums on more GN'R songs than anyone else ( the "Illusion" double discs and "The Spaghetti Incident"), and Dizzy deserves to be there because he's the second longest tenured member of the band.

This is 100% correct.  As much as I'm a fan of the original five, I have to concede that Sorum does deserve to be there for the very reasons you listed.  I suppose Dizzy deserves it as well since he was there through that time period as well.  But the Hall of Fame is all about celebrating the original five who initiated it all.

Any talk of the current lineup besides Axl and Dizzy being on stage at the ceremony is ridiculous. Just let the other guys who helped put the band on the fucking map have their due for one night.

Cool  ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #252 on: December 08, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »

The AFD/Illusion era lineup is being inducted

source?
http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2011/12/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame-bou.html

Still checking to see how accurate that is, but that is the source that everyone is going with at this point.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »

Here is the deal:

5 years ago... I prob would've advised Axl to not join the Old band onstage for anything. hell, I bitched about him having old members like Izzy jam with them in concert just cause of the new band trying to find their way and gain their own credibility.

5 years ago, it would've been a bad idea.

Today,however, I think it does nothing but help Axl and GNR.  This band has established themselves as a "Real" band. They got the chemistry, fans dig this lineup, other members speak on behalf of the band, its way more fan friendly with the Twitter etc.  Axl has proven he still has IT. The US tour is doing really well, the South American Tour did really well.

I think Axl has established this new band to the point, that joining the old one last time for the fans, to accept this enormous honor could really only HELP.

A lot of people need closure. I think accepting the award together ties a nice beautiful bow on top of the past and allows EVERYONE, from the band to the fans to properly move on to the next chapters of not only GNR, but Slash's solo stuff, Duff's stuff etc.

If Axl no shows the HOF, it kind of destroys all the great will he has built over the past 4-6 years. I feel Axl has TONS of momentum right now. U won't find a bigger Old band fan than I am, and After the Nashville show, even I want Axl to move forward with this current lineup and make albums, tour some more. *If they do another US Tour, I will go to EVERY show within a 5 hour radius.

If he no shows the R R HOF, I don't know... I mean i Know he and Slash had whatever issues and he doesn't want anything to do with him, but sometimes u gotta put personal grudges aside for your fans. What their relationship is today, has nothing to do with the Hall of Fame legacy they all created together.

So, u don't have to forgive Slash, don't have to be buddy buddy or reunite or any of that shit, but for the fans, I want to see them accept this honor.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:46 PM »

source?

Still checking to see how accurate that is, but that is the source that everyone is going with at this point.

you want me to take seriously an article that starts with...

Guns N? Roses -- or at least what passes for GN?R these days --

...and follows

the new GN?R just might be the ultimate bar band

They?re just not the real GN?R, according to some purists.

This is 100% correct.  As much as I'm a fan of the original five, I have to concede that Sorum does deserve to be there for the very reasons you listed.  I suppose Dizzy deserves it as well since he was there through that time period as well.  But the Hall of Fame is all about celebrating the original five who initiated it all.

This is just incredible for me... you say Sorum deserves to be there and (with that being said) you DARE to DOUBT (''i suppose'') if Dizzy should be there too?

Do you realise that Dizzy entered the band officialy the same day than Sorum? That he was a close person to the band from day zero? That has been a full member of GNR for almost 22 years? That helped write songs, including one of the greatest masterpieces of all the GNR catalogue, There Was A Time, voted in this same forum as the best song of Chinese Democracy, just to mention one? Do you know that Dizzy was the only fucking person in the band that believed in Axl and in GNR and stayed loyal to the band that made him as an artist instead of choosing the easiest way (squeeze GNR's fame in a new/solo project and act like a crow attacking the band for financial purposes with lawyers like Slash and Duff did?)

How can you let you doubt if Dizzy should be there, if you say Matt should? You must be insane or too noob. Sorry.

I can understand the RNRHOF people not giving two shits about this. i can understand all the media whores not giving a shit either. I can understand casual rock fans. These people want blood, want the morbo, want the mediatic thing. Its the same kind of people that would love to put Tyson and Holyfield again in a ring with 50 years...

But can't understand this from a so called GNR fan. You guys seem amnesic. You would throw 15 years of pain and suffering and hard work for a simple award.

I am happy GNR is being recognized. All I ask from the deep of my heart to Axl is not to sell his soul and reunite onstage with Slash. I dont care who goes there, who receives the award, who performs and who gives a speech as long as Axl dont share a stage with $la$h.

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »

Tommy could EASILY get in to the Hall for The Replacements. And why the Replacements  are NOT in yet BEFORE GNR is a BIGGER crime. Tommy was an original member of the Replacements.

Tommy's playing with Soul Asylum (not an original member, but someone who is currently playing with and part of). Soul Asylum are already eligible for the Hall. If Soul Asylum gets in, should Tommy be there?

Richard Fortus has been with the Psychedelic Furs off and on and off since the early 90s. Frank too. Psych Furs are also candidates for the Hall. Should 4tus and Frank be there if the Furs are inducted?

DJ was in the Bulletboys for like a hot second. The Bulletboys debut album came out in '88. Eligible next year. (I know, not HIGH on the list, or even LOW on the list, but.....)

Now, you all can say, 'but wait Sneady, NONE of those acts are being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year! GUNS N' ROSES is!'

Face the facts-Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, REGARDLESS of current status or overall feelings with ANY of us at the very least deserve entry. There would be no Chinese Democracy or Oh My God unless there was SOME sort of Guns n' Roses history before '99. Isn't the name of this site associate with GNR "Here Today Gone To Hell!" from the Use Your Illusion days? When Slash, Duff, etc were in the band?

My thought: Either have EVERYONE NEW AND OLD on the stage or nobody at all. Write a letter flipping off the Hall like the Sex Pistols did. You'd have my back.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »

source?

you want me to take seriously an article that starts with...

Guns N? Roses -- or at least what passes for GN?R these days --

...and follows

the new GN?R just might be the ultimate bar band

They?re just not the real GN?R, according to some purists.

This is just incredible for me... you say Sorum deserves to be there and (with that being said) you DARE to DOUBT (''i suppose'') if Dizzy should be there too?

Do you realise that Dizzy entered the band officialy the same day than Sorum? That he was a close person to the band from day zero? That has been a full member of GNR for almost 22 years? That helped write songs, including one of the greatest masterpieces of all the GNR catalogue, There Was A Time, voted in this same forum as the best song of Chinese Democracy, just to mention one? Do you know that Dizzy was the only fucking person in the band that believed in Axl and in GNR and stayed loyal to the band that made him as an artist instead of choosing the easiest way (squeeze GNR's fame in a new/solo project and act like a crow attacking the band for financial purposes with lawyers like Slash and Duff did?)

How can you let you doubt if Dizzy should be there, if you say Matt should? You must be insane or too noob. Sorry.

I can understand the RNRHOF people not giving two shits about this. i can understand all the media whores not giving a shit either. I can understand casual rock fans. These people want blood, want the morbo, want the mediatic thing. Its the same kind of people that would love to put Tyson and Holyfield again in a ring with 50 years...

But can't understand this from a so called GNR fan. You guys seem amnesic. You would throw 15 years of pain and suffering and hard work for a simple award.

I am happy GNR is being recognized. All I ask from the deep of my heart to Axl is not to sell his soul and reunite onstage with Slash. I dont care who goes there, who receives the award, who performs and who gives a speech as long as Axl dont share a stage with $la$h.

Esteban, I REALLY don't understand what your issue is if Axl and Slash reunite for one evening! The original 5 +Matt and Dizzy were part of GNR success.

Now as far the 94-present lineup,  Brain was in it for the money and fame. He didn't care about the GNR legacy. He even said it as a joke. Robin and Buckethead were BAD choices for GNR. They simply didn't fit in. This current lineup is great, but they do not have an album yet.

Let the band be. If they do a performance for one night that would be great! If they decide to reunite, that would also be great. If they decide not to and go their separate ways then that's cool. Point being is that the guys who created this band and AFD, UYI and II, should get their achievement!
gunsnboston
Opening Act

« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »

I've been following this message board since it started, but I've never registered.  Until now.

I just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion about who belongs on stage at the HOF.

While I am a huge fan of this new band, I just saw them three times (Hartford, Worcester, New Jersey- was suppose to be in Albany-)  and I whole heartedly agree with the anger toward Slash and the other members (with the exception of Duff and Izzy)  I think for a moment such as this it would be quite a dishonor to the legacy of Guns N' Roses to have anyone on the stage other than Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve, Dizzy, Matt.
Here's why:

Yes, you can argue that Tommy Stintson is a big part of the legacy, as is Robin and Bucket and Bumble and DJ etc... the thing is, without the seven guys mentioned prior, there would be no legacy.

DJ doesn't belong on that stage, because DJ wasn't in that van on the way back from Seattle on the "Hell Tour".  Robin Finck wasn't in the van when Slash strummed the chords that eventually became Paradise City.  Buckethead wasn't in the room when Axl told Slash that the little warm-up exercise he was doing sounded great and eventually became the opening of Sweet Child O' Mine.

Tommy Stintson wasn't sitting on the floor when Paul Stanley told Axl and Duff that Welcome To The Jungle needed to be re-written, and Bumblefoot wasn't there when Axl and Duff told him to fuck off.

Guns N' Roses are going into the Hall Of Fame because of a legacy builty by Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy and Matt and Dizzy.

THose are the only people that belong there.  They built the legacy that the current band is keeping alive, but without that core, there is no Guns N' Roses.

Let me add, however, Axl should not play with the old members.  Simply accept whatever award they get, say thank you and call it a night.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:40:21 PM by gunsnboston » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2011, 08:37:01 PM »

Here is the deal:

5 years ago... I prob would've advised Axl to not join the Old band onstage for anything. hell, I bitched about him having old members like Izzy jam with them in concert just cause of the new band trying to find their way and gain their own credibility.

5 years ago, it would've been a bad idea.

Today,however, I think it does nothing but help Axl and GNR.  This band has established themselves as a "Real" band. They got the chemistry, fans dig this lineup, other members speak on behalf of the band, its way more fan friendly with the Twitter etc.  Axl has proven he still has IT. The US tour is doing really well, the South American Tour did really well.

I think Axl has established this new band to the point, that joining the old one last time for the fans, to accept this enormous honor could really only HELP.

A lot of people need closure. I think accepting the award together ties a nice beautiful bow on top of the past and allows EVERYONE, from the band to the fans to properly move on to the next chapters of not only GNR, but Slash's solo stuff, Duff's stuff etc.

If Axl no shows the HOF, it kind of destroys all the great will he has built over the past 4-6 years. I feel Axl has TONS of momentum right now. U won't find a bigger Old band fan than I am, and After the Nashville show, even I want Axl to move forward with this current lineup and make albums, tour some more. *If they do another US Tour, I will go to EVERY show within a 5 hour radius.

If he no shows the R R HOF, I don't know... I mean i Know he and Slash had whatever issues and he doesn't want anything to do with him, but sometimes u gotta put personal grudges aside for your fans. What their relationship is today, has nothing to do with the Hall of Fame legacy they all created together.

So, u don't have to forgive Slash, don't have to be buddy buddy or reunite or any of that shit, but for the fans, I want to see them accept this honor.

I don't agree at all.  Axl going on stage will have the exact opposite effect you think it will.  It will serve as a distraction and only heighten the cries for a reunion.  It will not bring about closure, it will only help fuel the fire for the endless streams of questions about a reunion.

Axl going on stage with the old band will not help the new band.  I think it will be undermining, if anything.  Honestly, if at some point in the last 14-15 years since Duff and Slash left, if someone hasn't made peace with the non-existence of the old band - they never will.

Ali
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:44:08 PM by Ali » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »

Either have EVERYONE NEW AND OLD on the stage or nobody at all.

Exactly.

Now as far the 94-present lineup,  Brain was in it for the money and fame. He didn't care about the GNR legacy. He even said it as a joke. Robin and Buckethead were BAD choices for GNR. They simply didn't fit in. This current lineup is great, but they do not have an album yet.

That's simply not understading Brain's humour, because of not knowing him. You cant state he was for the money just because of that joke episode. Come the fuck on.

To say Robin and Buckethead were bad choices for GNR is just one among several opinions possible. To me, its the most ridicule thing any GNR fan can say because to my eyes they were the 2 most talented guitar players GNR has ever had and I highly doubt Axl can find two better performers and writters than them in the future. But I know: this is just my opinion.

To your eyes, ''Chinese Democracy'' is an album made by an inexistant lineup. What lineup made CD? I'll wait for a reply from your part...

Let the band be. If they do a performance for one night that would be great! If they decide to reunite, that would also be great.

If the AFD lineup reunites under the GNR name, it would be the biggest disrespect EVER MADE to a group of musicians and human beings (the ones that helped reconstruct a band that had been destroyed, among other things, by AFD members), and the biggest disrespect EVER MADE to a group of fans who tolerated the untolerable a decade long and supported the band blindly when there were no reasons to believe (i remember 2004... after the Rock in Rio cancellation... )

If the AFD lineup reunites, I'd say bye bye to GNR (this is being said for a person who saw the band live 10 times in 5 different countries... not a joke at all).

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: