Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 470475 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »

Matt... Ugh, I hate when this fools name is brought up. He better not be there fuck him.

Unless they just do a strict AFD lineup with those 5 guys, Matt Sorum would definitely be there.  Remember, if you keep Matt Sorum out, it would be very hard to make a case for ANY GNR member who joined the band after him.  His resume with GNR is very impressive.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »

Hold on stop the clock. Did someone say that LL Cool J was in the Hall of fame? Hahahahaha!

he is and so is madonna
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »

Hold on stop the clock. Did someone say that LL Cool J was in the Hall of fame? Hahahahaha!

he is and so is madonna

no he's not in, just got nominated one year I think.

Are you saying Madonna, the most successful and iconic female artist in the history of music doesnt belong in the Hall of Fame?
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »

I can see Steven outside of the venue already, rehearsing his speech.The day after overdosing of excitement and gratitude.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2011/12/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame-bou.html

This says that Matt Sorum is in.

"From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group?s heyday in the late ?80s and early ?90s."
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2011/12/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame-bou.html

"From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group?s heyday in the late ?80s and early ?90s."

Aaaand cue the angry mob.
JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »

I feel absolutely horrible for Axl.  They're forcing him into something, most likely against his will.  It's like being forced into having sex with your ex-wife after she left you, and you're now married to someone else.  Yeesh....
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »

I feel absolutely horrible for Axl.  They're forcing him into something, most likely against his will.  It's like being forced into having sex with your ex-wife after she left you, and you're now married to someone else.  Yeesh....

They're not forcing him into shit. They'll extend an invitation to him... he doesn't have to accept it. It'd be nice if he does, but if the above is true, I can see him telling them to fuck off.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »

I thought it was common knowledge that those were the guys who would be inducted. If true I'm even surprised and happy they would be inducting Matt & Dizzy
JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »

They're not forcing him into shit. They'll extend an invitation to him... he doesn't have to accept it. It'd be nice if he does, but if the above is true, I can see him telling them to fuck off.

Good point; he doesn't HAVE to go, but given that he IS Guns N' Roses, and that he will "look" like an asshole if he doesn't show and Slash & Adler are up there, etc., it's almost like he has to go. 
I guess we'll see how this plays out.  I just feel bad for him that they're giving him this "great honor" but then dictating the terms.  Awkward to say the least.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »

Good point; he doesn't HAVE to go, but given that he IS Guns N' Roses, and that he will "look" like an asshole if he doesn't show and Slash & Adler are up there, etc., it's almost like he has to go. 
I guess we'll see how this plays out.  I just feel bad for him that they're giving him this "great honor" but then dictating the terms.  Awkward to say the least.

Of course they're going to dictate the terms. They're giving the honor.

That being said, the lineup they invited pretty much says Chinese Democracy doesn't even exist in the HOF's eyes. I don't see Axl taking part in this in any way.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »

That's what I figured.  It makes the most sense.  No Gilby, I thought he MIGHT get some consideration, but can understand he's on the outside looking in.  As much as I love the current lineup, Chinese Democracy, and the future of this band, the current lineup simply does not have enough output to be considered for induction.  Granted they've toured a bunch over the last decade but only one album during that time.  If they had released 3 or 4, we may be having a different discussion.

However, before people get pissed at me.  The lineups during the CD era have kept the GNR "brand" in the forefront and have allowed the band to go on.  So they should be thanked and recognized for that.  People can discount GNR 1994-present all they want, but without that even more people would've forgotten about this band.  The fact that they're still active, albeit with an array of different musicians over the years, has carried on the passion and legacy for many of us here.  I'd much rather have had what we've gotten over the last decade than nothing at all.  That, in my mind, cannot be debated.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »

It hasn't really been a consideration what his actions mean for his public image before now, I don't see that changing.

One of the things I like most about Axl is that he does what he's gonna do without bothering about how much of an asshole it makes himlook like.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:02 PM »

I can see Gnr been on tour that night so i figure a satellite link sounds plausable. Slash etc at the awards and Axl via video link. I can just imagine slash playing first few chords of jungle and video link to axl goes dead....but then all of a sudden axl bounds on stage "you know where the Fuck you are"...!!!! Now that would be a fucking entrance!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »

Axl doesn't HAVE to go. He sure as hell shouldn't go, and I hope to hell he doesn't go. He should stay as far away as possible from this thing. People already think he's an asshole, so who gives a fuck if they call him that again. This came at a shittiest possible time for him. Gn'R as a band now is finally starting to get some mainstream acceptance, this will just become a huge setback to that progress. I hope Guns N' Roses is on tour on the other side of the world when the ex-members are in Cleavelend.

Axl is God.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

Gn'R is clearly split into two eras, the original era (87-93) and the Axl era (2000-present). 

Bullshit.

Oh, and ignoring / underestimating what has happened between 1993 and 2000 is unforgivable for a true GNR fan. If we have an active band right now (GNR played yesterday in Ohio), its because there were people who believed in this band and supported it in that period of time (while certain other people who NOW wants to be at the induction ceremony were trying to terminate with the band with lawyers and kawsuits and shit like that).

There is one band, that was born in 1985 without Slash and that's still active also without him (he left the band on his own, no-one fired him). One band, several lineups, like the million of similar cases there are out there (Pink Floyd, Metallica, AC/DC, Kiss, Stones, Manson, etc)

READ. Some of you seem to suffer amnesia: http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »

It has to be original lineup to receive this honour. That's the only reason why they've been inducted into the Rock n roll Hall of Fame.

source?

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »

I think in light of HOF dictating who can be there
 maybe Axl shouldn't do much more then a prerecorded video saying thanks n shit. No matter what he does people will call him an asshole. Why the fuck should he start caring now?

Fuck 'em Axl. We got your back! peace

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2011, 02:45:49 PM »

It has to be original lineup to receive this honour. That's the only reason why they've been inducted into the Rock n roll Hall of Fame. Of course the new band is great but seeing these guys together again for one night would just be a dream come true for so many Guns fans. Hell won't freeze over, the world won't stop turning but it would be something very special in Guns N' Roses history if the original lineup were to perform together once more.

No no no. Not only the original lineup. Guns n' Roses the "institution" should be inducted. We can't split and separate Guns n' Roses. Gn'R is what it is, it's not one "old" Guns n' Roses and one new, it's not two bands. In that case, should it be possible to induct this lineup in the future? No, they're already inducted together with the rest that is Gn'R. Guns n' Roses is something bigger than one simple lineup. I think everyone from Adler to Buckethead to Brain to Ashba should be invited to join the induction. They've all played their part in this fantastic band.

great post.

Chinese Democracy is not a debut album.

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »

I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory. - Axl Rose

From Gn'R's facebook. Axl has spoken, he needs to do NO MORE on this subject.

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: