Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 469311 times)
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2011, 05:59:16 AM »

My vote goes to Elton John to induct GN'R, would be a huge honor for Axl !

As far as a live show I believe it would be fair if today's GN'R would be present & if a former members are there have em join in for a few songs & move on again as if it was today.
Also believe it's gonna be up to the fans to knock down any speculations or rumors that might pop up ... guess you all now what kind of speculations that could be ! screw that !

As Bumblefoot puts it nicely, " we can love it all, old, new, future "

In the mean time congratulation the GN'R family & fans... we are all GN'R remember  peace

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2011, 06:13:30 AM »

I think we all know,that GNR became famous with the original members,and i think we all know that Hall of fame wants the original band.

Of course its true that the other members are part of GNR,and should at least be there as family,but the parents of all are Slash,Izzy,Duff,Steven and Axl.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2011, 06:32:39 AM »

Congratulations to Guns n'Roses  beer  beer !! Whoever goes to the actual ceremony (with Steven  Grin) and whatever happens, it IS an industry honour which they absolutely deserve.  Elton is a great idea to induct them, or maybe Robert Plant?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »

Congrats to Guns N' Roses! It should be the original lineup.
They started this. As good as the current lineup is, there
The chemistry between the original band that can't be replaced.
I also think it should be Elton John, Mick Jagger, or Steven
Tyler inducting GNR.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2011, 07:38:43 AM »

Whatever Axl decide to do it'll be the best decision. In him we trust

Definitely.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »

Congrats to Guns N' Roses! It should be the original lineup.
They started this. As good as the current lineup is, there
The chemistry between the original band that can't be replaced.
I also think it should be Elton John, Mick Jagger, or Steven
Tyler inducting GNR.

Tyler has blown his credibility.  Forget that guy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »

For me two things are logical...

1.Members who have done appetite for destruction should get an award,
2.  new band members should  to perform "sweet child of mine" live,with some guests from the old band (everyone except Slash)

I don't see  any reason for old lineup live performance
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2011, 08:38:04 AM »

you seriously think that the new band should perform SCOM with "everyone but Slash"? Slash sitting/watching in the crowd on such an event with people performing his riff and his ("THE") solo GN'R is known for in the first place along with other old band members? come on, even the new members wouldnt like to do such an unrespectful thing, they repeately praised what old Guns had archieved and stuff.

IMO there are several options to do it in some fair way, but it depends mostly on Axl and if he is man enough to bury his hatred towards his former friend - at least for that night. it will be interesting, entertaining and hopefully not too disgusting like the VH thing.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Silex
Headliner

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »

IMO Axl, Slash, Izzy, Dizzy, Duff, Steven and Matt should at least get inducted.

And I think that Slash, Duff and Steven (and Matt if he's inducted) will be there for sure. Not sure about Izzy. Axl should be on there and play along. If not, he's gonna look like a bitter asshole in public's eye and that's gonna do harm for the current lineup. I think the hate what the new GNR gets from some idiots has a lot to do Slash vs. Axl feud (duh?) and not because "it's not the original band anymore" crap. This could be great way to silence these idiots.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »

Congratulations to Guns n'Roses  beer  beer !! Whoever goes to the actual ceremony (with Steven  Grin) and whatever happens, it IS an industry honour which they absolutely deserve.  Elton is a great idea to induct them, or maybe Robert Plant?

Plant would be an amazing thing, if he's willing - and an absolute honor.
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »

IMO Axl, Slash, Izzy, Dizzy, Duff, Steven and Matt should at least get inducted.

And I think that Slash, Duff and Steven (and Matt if he's inducted) will be there for sure. Not sure about Izzy. Axl should be on there and play along. If not, he's gonna look like a bitter asshole in public's eye and that's gonna do harm for the current lineup. I think the hate what the new GNR gets from some idiots has a lot to do Slash vs. Axl feud (duh?) and not because "it's not the original band anymore" crap. This could be great way to silence these idiots.

I'd like to see Axl there even if it's for 5 minutes.  Roger Waters wasn't there for The Pink Floyd induction even though he single handedly wrote the wall.  Diamond Dave or EVH didn't show up either.  Let's hope this is not the case.
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2011, 10:13:17 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, the inducter is usually an artist that comes *after* the inductee that would be an admirer. So I don't picture Elton John, Mick Jagger, et al...

It might be somebody along the lines of Kid Rock, Fred Durst (*gasp*), Josh Todd... um.......................

Were there ANY good rock bands after the early 90's? hahhaha
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, the inducter is usually an artist that comes *after* the inductee that would be an admirer. So I don't picture Elton John, Mick Jagger, et al...

It might be somebody along the lines of Kid Rock, Fred Durst (*gasp*), Josh Todd... um.......................

Trent Reznor.
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »

Avenged Sevenfold?  They trumpet their influence quite a bit....

Weezer? Lenny Kravitz? The Killers? (Axl announced them on some MTV awards one time)

Or if you're hardcore in camp Slash, it could be Fergie or Myles Kennedy or Daughtry.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

Trent Reznor.

It won't be Reznor. He has badmouthed Axl on multiple occasions. Stole his guitar player back too.....twice.

I could see it being Kid Rock. He's on good terms with the band members. I actually think he would give a decent speech too.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »

Hold on stop the clock. Did someone say that LL Cool J was in the Hall of fame? Hahahahaha!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »

Trent Reznor.

It won't be Reznor. He has badmouthed Axl on multiple occasions. Stole his guitar player back too.....twice.

I could see it being Kid Rock. He's on good terms with the band members. I actually think he would give a decent speech too.

I forgot about that.  What about Maynard James Keenen?  I could definently see Kid Rock, I think he performed with guns.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »

Hold on stop the clock. Did someone say that LL Cool J was in the Hall of fame? Hahahahaha!

I'm mistaken. He's made the list of finalists but has never been inducted.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »

Whatever Axl decide to do it'll be the best decision. In him we trust

Definitely.

Will you still be saying that when Axl does absolutely nothing and Slash performs Sweet Child with Fergie?

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2011, 10:50:36 AM »

Guns N' Roses Play CIVIL WAR & Now Only...

WAR

rofl hihi rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: