Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:15:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 469292 times)
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2011, 11:21:07 PM »

You forgot Paul Tobias, Tracii Guns Rob Gardner, Schneider etc hihi

Maybe it wouldn't harm anyone if they actually induct Paul HUGE AND Paul Tobias...  hihi

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »

It may end up like lynyrd skynyrd.  Only the original band members were inducted including dead and a few still alive.  The long standing members like Johnnie Van Zant were not.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2011, 12:06:22 AM »

Not that what any of us says really matters, but here's my 2 cents.

Performing with the new line-up would be very disrespectful and not a good idea...

Performing with the old one could do a lot of damage to what Axl has been trying to do with GnR for so many years.

So I think performing would be a bad idea overall.

The only one who clearly deserves to be up there is Axl because he is the one who kept GnR going and if it wasn't for him (and the people he recruited), I don't think GnR would be getting this induction - being an idle band for almost 15 years.

I suppose RNRHOF is expecting to see the old line-up showing up and it's only fair, so I think they should all show up to accept the induction and call it a night.
Adler could do the talking since he's been preparing.  hihi

Anyway, it's not up to us to decide... thankfully!!!
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »

Axl deserves to stand up there as much as Slash, Duff, Steven/Matt, and Izzy do.  Nobody here is disputing that.

Sorry, but I dont agree with you at all.

And you have to be nuts (or very ignorant) to think Axl deserves to stand up there ''as much as'' Slash, Steven Adler and (specially) fuckin' Matt Sorum...

Anyway, there 's a huge northamerican tour with huge setlists and huge performances and other lot of huge things going on to care about. And an european tour is being arranged apparently. Too many exciting things to pay attention to a nostalgic, senseless and devaluated mediatic show.

Axl is the only one that was there since the very beginning.
He never gave up on Guns.
He never gave up on the fans.
He?s out there, giving to the world the best incarnation this band ever had.

If Guns plays at the RNRHOF I think it?s only fair to have the current line up . Period.  A few guests, like Izzy n? Duff at the past live gigs could be ok ? no more than that.

People should NOT forget that almost all the former members are not in the band because THEY wanted to leave. They left the band and the fans by their own freewill.

If Guns N? Roses plays there?  Guns N? Roses is (like it or not ? I love it!) Axl, DJ, Bumble, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris n? Frank!

So,why we can't see new guys on ceremony...Guns n Roses are inducted,and Guns n Roses is Axl,DJ,Ron,Richard,Frank...
I like to see new guys

If Myles Kennedy is on stage at the induction, singing G&R songs, I think I will throw up.

i'm throwing up just imagining it... for god's sake what a horrible mental image.

fuck this. reuniting with Slash would be the biggest backwards step in this neverending fight to give this band identity and integrity.

GN'R dont need this. I would respect and stand with the guys who actually suppported the band all this time rather than giving some free minutes of glory to persons who did nothing but harming the band all these years. They obviously NEED this. But GNR doesnt.

The good thing is that's safe to say that Axl Rose will never be on the same stage than Slash.

So how about this line up, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy, Frank & Dj.  Both Izzy n duff have performed on stage recently with guns so at least it would be 2/3 Afd line up.

ARTIST TO BE INDUCTED IN 2012 = GUNS N' ROSES  ok

GUNS N' ROSES 2012 = AXL - DJ - RON - RICHARD - TOMMY - DIZZY - CHRIS - FRANK  ok

so

ARTIST TO BE INDUCTED IN 2012 = GUNS N' ROSES = AXL - DJ - RON - RICHARD - TOMMY - DIZZY - CHRIS - FRANK  beer ok

PERIOD!  peace

The only one who clearly deserves to be up there is Axl because he is the one who kept GnR going and if it wasn't for him (and the people he recruited), I don't think GnR would be getting this induction - being an idle band for almost 15 years.

holy shit LOL  rofl rofl rofl

wtf.  How could any fan of Gn'R truly believe that the new band deserves this honor and the old band doesn't?

Gn'R is clearly split into two eras, the original era (87-93) and the Axl era (2000-present).  Both eras are good, I love the new guys, I love CD, I appreciate the fact that Axl is putting on great shows and a lot of people are enjoying it, but you gotta look at this through the eyes as the normal person.  Gn'R 2000 is considered a joke around the industry, they have trouble selling out small amphitheaters CD's sales were a joke, there's more people out there who refuse to look at this era as Gn'R or go see them.  Fuck, when I went to Camden half the people I talked to said they were at an Axl Rose show, not a Guns n' Roses show.

Truth be told if the original era got back together they'd be selling out stadiums, any new album they put out would easily go number 1.. not debut at number 3 on the charts behind an album that wasn't even debuting.  Look at how Greatest Hits sold.  Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise City, November Rain are all considered classics and you hear songs like WTTJ almost every day (in radio clips, at sports events, on tv, w/e).  This is the version of Gn'R everyone will remember, everyone will care about.  Still there are still diehards like us who love Axl, and accept the new band, but the new band is not R&RHoF material yet.  If they didn't have the original line up's legacy to hang on how many people would actually care about this band?  They are riding the coattails of the original era which is a legendary band.  THAT'S why they were elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Congratulations Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt and Dizzy.  Even though they were only together for a short time they did more than most bands could ever imagine.  They deserve this honor, and I hope they don't make a mockery of their legend.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2011, 01:17:25 AM »

It's simple reasoning.  This induction is based on the release of Appetite for Destruction, probably one of the best albums in rock history with songs on it which are still significant to this day, and an album which had a huge impact in the rock n' roll world.   It's a "no brainer" that this band will be inducted.  Despite the very long history of GnR, those that should be there for this ceremony are those who wrote and recorded that album - Steven, Izzy, Axl, Duff, Slash.   
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2011, 01:39:35 AM »

I think it would help the current lineup if the old lineup accepted the award and wished each other well on their future endeavors. It would be ackward but the fans won't be divided as much as they are now. They don't have to play together just accept the award shake hands and leave. Like a previous poster said, we will have closure and acceptance that the old line up is done for good.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2011, 01:53:51 AM »

Matt... Ugh, I hate when this fools name is brought up. He better not be there fuck him.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2011, 02:05:20 AM »

See what I said above.  There's no argument, here.  It is what it is.  It's based upon AFD.  And so, it should be about that.  Otherwise, how many "new" lineups and people would have to be on that stage?  Current line up.  Couple years' ago line up.  Few years' ago line up.  Just sayin'.  Sorum has nothing to do with it, either.   
Naty-Rose
Rocker

"Don?t you try to stop us now"

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2011, 02:15:18 AM »

axlrose Axl Rose
I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory.
8 minutes ago

03/22/10 BA, Arg
10/02/11 RIR 2011, Br
10/08/11 La Plata, Arg 10/10/11 Santa F?, Arg
10/12/11 C?rdoba, Arg
10/15/11 Asunci?n, Py
02/24/12 HOB, AC
11/02/12 HRH, LV
11/03/12 HRH, LV
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2011, 03:23:27 AM »

It has to be original lineup to receive this honour. That's the only reason why they've been inducted into the Rock n roll Hall of Fame. Of course the new band is great but seeing these guys together again for one night would just be a dream come true for so many Guns fans. Hell won't freeze over, the world won't stop turning but it would be something very special in Guns N' Roses history if the original lineup were to perform together once more.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2011, 04:04:25 AM »

It has to be original lineup to receive this honour. That's the only reason why they've been inducted into the Rock n roll Hall of Fame. Of course the new band is great but seeing these guys together again for one night would just be a dream come true for so many Guns fans. Hell won't freeze over, the world won't stop turning but it would be something very special in Guns N' Roses history if the original lineup were to perform together once more.

No no no. Not only the original lineup. Guns n' Roses the "institution" should be inducted. We can't split and separate Guns n' Roses. Gn'R is what it is, it's not one "old" Guns n' Roses and one new, it's not two bands. In that case, should it be possible to induct this lineup in the future? No, they're already inducted together with the rest that is Gn'R. Guns n' Roses is something bigger than one simple lineup. I think everyone from Adler to Buckethead to Brain to Ashba should be invited to join the induction. They've all played their part in this fantastic band.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2011, 04:05:52 AM »

Whatever Axl decide to do it'll be the best decision. In him we trust

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:26 AM »

I think the rule should be whoever was a member of guns n roses that wrote anything on any album.  When you are inducted into the HoF, even if it's one album that propelled you to the top, they are inducting your entire body of work, not one album, not just one era, but the entire body of work up to the induction.  So, even though Buckethead had only worked on one album and been the band a few years, like it or not, he still left his mark on the full GnR body of work. I don't even know if Ron contributed to Democracy and Ashba certainly hasn't contributed any music.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2011, 04:33:35 AM »

I second that.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2011, 05:05:42 AM »

Could we please get one thing clear... it isn't a case of "these guys recorded Appetite, therefore it's their award and fuck the new guys", or "these guys are in the band now so it's their award and fuck the old guys". It's an award for the bands entire 25 year career. Therefore no member, old or new should be getting fucked (unless it's by their wives/girlfriends).

Yeah, I'm quoting myself! Why? Because it obviously didn't sink in with you people the first time! Tongue
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2011, 05:08:53 AM »

What about a live performance with original Guns N' Roses performing Nightrain or Sweet Child and then joined onstage by new members to perform Estranged with old band and then finish up with something from Chinese Democracy. All I know is I really want to see a performance with original Guns or at least see Slash and Axl bury the hatchet. Say what you like, there was a special chemistry with the original Guns that can't be reproduced.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:39 AM »

+ 1

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
gnrfan1797
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2011, 05:44:50 AM »

If Myles Kennedy is on stage at the induction, singing G&R songs, I think I will throw up.

i'm throwing up just imagining it... for god's sake what a horrible mental image.

fuck this. reuniting with Slash would be the biggest backwards step in this neverending fight to give this band identity and integrity.

GN'R dont need this. I would respect and stand with the guys who actually suppported the band all this time rather than giving some free minutes of glory to persons who did nothing but harming the band all these years. They obviously NEED this. But GNR doesnt.

The good thing is that's safe to say that Axl Rose will never be on the same stage than Slash.

I'm all for the new band which is great, but guns n roses is getting in becasue of all the previouse members. they have a right to be there as well. i bet anybody on this board would crap there pants if axl and slash played again then you'd all forget about the current lineup.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2011, 05:45:38 AM »

What about a live performance with original Guns N' Roses performing Nightrain or Sweet Child and then joined onstage by new members to perform Estranged with old band and then finish up with something from Chinese Democracy. All I know is I really want to see a performance with original Guns or at least see Slash and Axl bury the hatchet. Say what you like, there was a special chemistry with the original Guns that can't be reproduced.

I totally agree with this. :-)
gnrfan1797
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2011, 05:48:45 AM »

yes 3 posts in a row sorry. i for one one wanna say that the rocl and roll hall of fame is crap, allthough i'm excited about this and its a thrill, the hall of fame doesnt mean anything anymore. they pur madonna and ll cool j in there but overlook heart, rush, and tons of others. that's crap. but none the less congrats gnr you DO! deserve it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: