Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 07:01:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 468327 times)
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »

If you don't want to see the Original band accept the highest honor for the amazing works they did together..... I feel sad for u.

the highest honor? are you high?  Huh
Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is an extraordinary honor for any musician.

yeah just ask LL Cool J. lol. Cmon really?? You must be high
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

If you don't want to see the Original band accept the highest honor for the amazing works they did together..... I feel sad for u.

That depends on the recipient.

Who votes for those inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?  I have no idea.

I'm guessing the vote was based on the AFD/UYI era of GNR. Is the Rock N Roll HOF even paying attention to the GNR that lives on?

Is the panel of voters made up of former rock legends? Those in the business?

They are definitely deserving of any and every historical recognition which exists. I'm just wondering if they care. I guess we're gonna find out.

I'm more excited about what's next, the next time I get to see them live, and Chinese Democracy II.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »

Who votes for those inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?  I have no idea.

Neither does anyone else.  They are notoriously clandestine about such things.

I'm guessing the vote was based on the AFD/UYI era of GNR. Is the Rock N Roll HOF even paying attention to the GNR that lives on?

I assure you that the Hall of Fame doesn't give one good golly damn about the current lineup.  Fans of said lineup may resent that, but GNR is being inducted for the same reason every band is inducted, for its illustrious PAST and lasting impact the past left on music as a whole.  With all due respect to the new lineup, they haven't even come close to accomplishing this, in musical terms or longevity.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »

Sending a video would be epic.

That would be the undefeatable way to show the world he's not still active ''for the money'', and that he believes in and supports the band he forms part.

I can see Axl saying thanks in a fabulous ''i dont give a fuck about this award'' tone and mood.

This is nonsensical.  If Axl doesn't give a fuck about the award (or what anyone thinks), he wouldn't bother wasting any time on making a video or making any "epic" statements to the press that he's not in it for the money.  He would just continue going on about his business and not caring.

Your statement is a total contradiction, because people who truly don't care what others think, do not go out of their way to say that they don't care what others think!
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »

Neither does anyone else.  They are notoriously clandestine about such things.

I assure you that the Hall of Fame doesn't give one good golly damn about the current lineup.  Fans of said lineup may resent that, but GNR is being inducted for the same reason every band is inducted, for its illustrious PAST and lasting impact the past left on music as a whole.  With all due respect to the new lineup, they haven't even come close to accomplishing this, in musical terms or longevity.

EXACTLY. I mean kiss,deep purple,motley crue are not in the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. But rappers are. lol it's a joke.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame_inductees

Some excerpts from the Wikipedia page:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has garnered criticism for allegedly allowing the nomination process to be controlled by a few individuals, nominating too many artists in too many genres that are not entirely rock, ignoring entire rock genres, and using technicalities to induct groups who may not have been among the top vote getters. The surviving members of the Sex Pistols, who were inducted in 2006, refused to attend the ceremony, calling the museum a "piss stain.".

The performers category is meant for recording artists and bands that have "influence and significance to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll."

Ballots are sent to 500 "rock experts" who then evaluate the candidates and vote on who should be inducted.

Madonna & Michael Jackson are inductees. I'm not getting how they had, "influence and significance to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll."

But in the end, I guess what's important is what Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, & Steven think about it. Well, we can safely assume Steven is happy.

In my world, Guns N' Roses was and is the best band to ever exist, and Appetite For Destruction & Chinese Democracy are the two greatest albums ever made.

This doesn't excite me that much but kudos to those it does.

The band deserves whatever top-notch awards it can get.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »

Time for Axl to do some real soul searching.

Celebrate at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony with the band members who helped get you there, or avoid the ceremony altogether and continue the current tour. The current lineup, save for Axl and Dizzy, should be nowhere near Cleveland on April 14th.

Even if the old band doesn't play a single note of music that night, millions of fans, including myself, would embrace the sight of them onstage together, for perhaps the last time. If anything, it would bring a sense of closure to the past, and allow more people to accept the current band.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

Congratulations!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »

yeah just ask LL Cool J. lol. Cmon really?? You must be high

The Rock N Roll HOF is the highest honor/award for any musician...period.  Does it have its faults?  Sure.  Are there some bands in there that are questionable?  Of course.  But it is the biggest honor a band can receive, unless you can name a bigger award, cause I would love to hear it.  I'm not saying it is more important than anything else in the world, Im saying it is rocks biggest honor, as you can look at the long list of legends who are in there, and legends who still can't seem to get in.  As far as awards go, this is the only one that really matters.  

The voting is done by a group of 500 critics, musicians, and other types of people in the music business, which is why you generally get a very diverse group in there year after year.
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »

I can't wait to see the band on stage again after all these years. We know Slash, Duff, and Steven will show but what about Izzy and Axl? I think Izzy will especially if it's a one off. Axl? Well.... we'll see.

Either way congrats to Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Steven!!!

(and Matt and Dizzy)

I'm sure they'll mention the new band, too. Maybe during the credits when everyone is getting their coat.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »

This vote was based on the legendary album, Appetite For Destruction. 25 years from now, those are the songs that will still reign supreme to future generations of listeners. The new lineup of gys are great players, but let's be serious, they in no way shape or form can take any credit for GNR being inducted into the HOF.

I know Axl said he does not/ will not play with Slash. But Slash, along with Duff,Izzy and Steven all 100% deserve to be onstage to accept that award. They do not have to play anything, just accept the award.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

Sending a video would be epic.

That would be the undefeatable way to show the world he's not still active ''for the money'', and that he believes in and supports the band he forms part.

I can see Axl saying thanks in a fabulous ''i dont give a fuck about this award'' tone and mood.

This is nonsensical.  If Axl doesn't give a fuck about the award (or what anyone thinks), he wouldn't bother wasting any time on making a video or making any "epic" statements to the press that he's not in it for the money.  He would just continue going on about his business and not caring.

Your statement is a total contradiction, because people who truly don't care what others think, do not go out of their way to say that they don't care what others think!

after two quotes to my posts from your part, I felt curiosity about you and who you are and checked your lasts posts... and discovered you're talking about Velvet Revolver at the end of 2011, and praising Myles Kennedy for how well Myles handled all the vocals on the old GNR songs  rofl

Oh, and found this memorable post too: [...] Axl's 1999 cover of "Sweet Child o Mine" [LINK]

sorry, cant take you seriously.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:13:28 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »

It's a good day to be a Gunner.  yes

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »

After reading the whole http://rockhall.com website I wonder why are you all talking about an hypothetical reunion of the AFD lineup (I refuse to call it ''original'' because... eerrrrr...  it's not.) Have you read the ''bio'' in that site? They are mentioning all eras, all lineups, and they include Chinese Democracy and the current touring... they are inducting an ACTIVE artist with a SOLID lineup and a SOLID present, an artist that just closed the final night of Rock In Rio in front of 90.000 people (which means we're still talking about a heavyweight)... why someone could think Axl would dismantle his current band (after all the bad things he got to go through all these years) and reunite an old lineup just to receive a simple award? We should know Axl at this point, come on!

They're not inducting AFD nor the persons who wrote AFD. The RNRHOF inducts ARTISTS, and they become eligible when 25 years have passed from their debut album. AFD is Guns debut album, and that's it: ni NO WAY it means that lineup MUST reunite ''if they want to grab the award''. No way at all. And if that was the case, Axl would simply move on without the prize, do you really think Axl can care that much about an award? Axl? Nah...

If the band is accepting the award, everyone involved in GN'Rs success should be there.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »

Is there a standard protocol?
Are bands inducted into this Hall required to perform music?
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having every single GNR member present (who wants to be there) to accept the award.
...that said, Slash best not get too close to Axl.  I can't see that ending well for Slash.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »

I would be happy o have the new lineup there, too bad people can't take the fact that Slash will be there as well.

libertad
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:10 PM »

Is there a standard protocol?
Are bands inducted into this Hall required to perform music?
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having every single GNR member present (who wants to be there) to accept the award.
...that said, Slash best not get too close to Axl.  I can't see that ending well for Slash.

I'm starting to feel bad for the poor bastard who inducts GNR:

"Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke, Paul Tobias, Brian Mantia, Chris Pitman, Tommy Stinson, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Ron Bumblefoot Thal, Frank Ferrer and DJ Ashba... It is my pleasure to FINALLY FINISH inducting you all into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame"

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »

You forgot Paul Tobias, Tracii Guns Rob Gardner, Schneider etc hihi
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »

I'm so happy for the guys. This is such a huge honor, to be alongside the Beatles and the Stones and all the other greats.  beer
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »

I knew I wouldn't be disappointed by the Kool-Aid drinkers around here. =D  If there's anyone on the planet who thinks the CURRENT lineup should be inducted alongside the AFD/UYI lineup(s), those people would be here on this site.   rofl

By all means, the new Guns should be invited to the event-- to sit in the crowd and support Axl.  But they shouldn't be invited on stage, and damn sure shouldn't be inducted.

Debbie Harry embarrassed herself-- and gave her induction a black eye-- by not allowing certain past members to share the stage with her when Blondie was inducted.  And Van Halen's induction was an embarrassment, b/c only Sammy and Mike were there.  I really, REALLY hope everyone involved in this case can be professional enough to just get on the fucking stage, say thanks, and pretend to get along for one night.

...And it's long past time for people to get over the fact that there are non-rock acts in the HOF.  Michael Jackson is bigger than a lot of the rock acts in the HOF.  OK, maybe they need to change the name to the Music Hall of Fame, but MJ's impact on popular music is without question.  The same goes with early rap acts-- Grandmaster Flash, etc.  That said, I still don't understand why Madonna and ABBA are in the HOF.  That's pretty silly.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: