Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:21:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495201 times)
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1360 on: March 27, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »

This Slash interview on Trunks show was a REPLAY! I heard it fucking months ago. I think afterwards Trunk played a live version of Rocketqueen from some Slash concert. It was weird as fuck hearing a different singer though he did it alright. Musically it was pretty great admittedly. Like there was a great band arrangement in the middle where they were jamming. Slash sounded great.

But yea this was a replay. Listing different bands overlooked like Deep Purple.

Just wanted to get that straight. I am now in the camp of wanting Axl to perform at the HOF. Would be a very special moment. It will be a great moment regardless but, just saying.

I don't know man we all have an opinion I guess...I find Slash, Myles and their Rocket Queen garbage.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1361 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »

Slash was just on Trunks's Monday night Hair Nation show.  .....  He will have his guitar there though, as he has been talking to Ronnie Wood about jamming.

He and Eddie did a pretty good job of bashing the HOF due to bands like Deep Purple that aren't in yet. .....  

So he's bashing the HOF but is honored to be inducted and will bring his guitar to be part of any jam that might occur?  confused

I guess it just goes to show you can find fault with anything if you're looking for it.

A guitarist in a rock n roll band says he would like to play his guitar at a rock n roll award ceremony.

He (paraphrasing) says it's bittersweet because there's so many bands that deserve it more than GN'R that are not in the HOF, so it's hard to feel victorious.

Sounds pretty humble to me. Hardly "ripping" the hall.

The Sex Pistols thing is tough to look at as cool, in my opinion.
To me it looked like 50 year olds acting like they were 12.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1362 on: March 27, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »

I thought that, too. But then for some reason people always thought their childish bullshit was "cool".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1363 on: March 27, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »

This Slash interview on Trunks show was a REPLAY! I heard it fucking months ago. I think afterwards Trunk played a live version of Rocketqueen from some Slash concert. It was weird as fuck hearing a different singer though he did it alright. Musically it was pretty great admittedly. Like there was a great band arrangement in the middle where they were jamming. Slash sounded great.

But yea this was a replay. Listing different bands overlooked like Deep Purple.

Just wanted to get that straight. I am now in the camp of wanting Axl to perform at the HOF. Would be a very special moment. It will be a great moment regardless but, just saying.
I'm pretty sure that was live last night. Slash was on a month ago, but was on again last night. Now I didn't actually hear thge interview, but I tuned in later and the show was definitely live. Both Eddie and Slash tweeted about him being on the show. I doubt they would have done that for a replay.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1364 on: March 27, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »

I thought that, too. But then for some reason people always thought their childish bullshit was "cool".

So having beliefs and sticking to those is now childish bullshit? Doing things your way, instead of playing along is childish bullshit?

At least they had the guts to not attend because they don't agree with the whole idea.

Too bad many of the bands who think they are "punk rock" only copied the hair styles.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1365 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »

That Sex Pistols statement that Jarmo posted says it all.  

IMO, it's hypocritical to bash the HOF and take up the cause of the bands they haven't put in yet but you're still showing up with bells on cause they're honoring you!

Doesn't showing up just show how you're basically supporting them not including those artists?

Axl also told Del James there's "zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty", but sounds like now he is at the very least showing up to be inducted into the Rock n Roll hall of fame with him-but Slash is hypocritical. Ok.

libertad
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1366 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

So having beliefs and sticking to those is now childish bullshit? Doing things your way, instead of playing along is childish bullshit?

At least they had the guts to not attend because they don't agree with the whole idea.

Too bad many of the bands who think they are "punk rock" only copied the hair styles.

/jarmo

I think the Sex Pistols in general is childish bullshit, but that's just me.
I know a lot of people ate it up, but they were essentially a boy band, and capitalized on a scene that was around before them, not vice versa.
Their influence on popular culture is still undeniable, and if people like the sound of their music, how the band came together is irrelevant.
I totally get that.
Their music just never did it for me.
I am a huge fan of punk rock music. Some of my favorite bands are MC5, Stooges, New York Dolls etc, but always thought the pistols were a bit of a gimmick.

But I guess you could say it's admirable that Johnny sticks to his guns and continues to do what he does best.
Make shitty music and act (and write, if that's his handwriting) like he's 12.

To answer your question though, no, obviously it's not childish to stick to your beliefs.
I was referring the to the way the Pistols handled it.
Little over the top, wouldn't you say? Could have just not shown up.
But sure, if they really felt that strongly about it, good for them.
My feeling was it was more likely done for attention.

But anyways, it really couldn't be any more irrelevant to Slash's situation.
Slash is not the Sex Pistols., and he hasn't come out and said he's totally against the HOF like the Pistols.

Not sure he'd take that dramatic of an approach even if he was.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1367 on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »

Anybody who's watched a commercial TV channel over the last couple of years in the UK would know what Johnny Rotten's "beliefs" are worth... apparently less than a fucking butter company were willing to give him to promote them. Seriously.

But still... the way they handled the Hall Of Fame thing was childish bullshit. There are other ways to go about it instead of a poorly worded handwritten letter that a 6 year old would be embarrassed about. And everything they did to get publicity back when they existed? Childish bullshit.

For the record, I do like their music. But absolutely nothing else about them can ever be described as "cool"... or punk rock for that matter.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1368 on: March 27, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »

The Sex Pistols letter was like " We're punk, we kick ass, music industry suck".  crying

"Signed by some multi milionare middle aged men, one of whom will take part in a reality show in few years"   Roll Eyes

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1369 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »

To answer your question though, no, obviously it's not childish to stick to your beliefs.
I was referring the to the way the Pistols handled it.
Little over the top, wouldn't you say? Could have just not shown up.
But sure, if they really felt that strongly about it, good for them.
My feeling was it was more likely done for attention.

Wouldn't be the first time they do something that gets them attention.

But anyways, it really couldn't be any more irrelevant to Slash's situation.
Slash is not the Sex Pistols., and he hasn't come out and said he's totally against the HOF like the Pistols.

Not sure he'd take that dramatic of an approach even if he was.

The point was, a lot of people don't like something, criticize it and then support it.

A win-win situation. You get to act "cool", like you're against the uncool thing, but then you play ball anyway.

Anybody who's watched a commercial TV channel over the last couple of years in the UK would know what Johnny Rotten's "beliefs" are worth... apparently less than a fucking butter company were willing to give him to promote them. Seriously.

But still... the way they handled the Hall Of Fame thing was childish bullshit. There are other ways to go about it instead of a poorly worded handwritten letter that a 6 year old would be embarrassed about. And everything they did to get publicity back when they existed? Childish bullshit.

That's funny.

Maybe the whole idea about their "beliefs" is that it doesn't matter if the letter looks poorly written, if it's their beliefs.

Maybe your opinion shouldn't be worth less because you don't use a computer to type the words or don't use big words you looked up in the Oxford Dictionary of English?

But absolutely nothing else about them can ever be described as "cool"... or punk rock for that matter.

Like wearing a lock on a chain around your neck?

Somebody you know thought it was cool at one time.... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1370 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »

the sex pistols r&r hof thing was an embarrassment to them.  made them look like huge dorks still trying to be edgy.  but, that's how they've always come off.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1371 on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »

Like wearing a lock on a chain around your neck?

Somebody you know thought it was cool at one time.... Wink

One of the many things we agree to disagree on. Wink
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1372 on: March 27, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

You can stand up for what you believe in without being a dick.

Standing up for what you believe in doesn't mean you have to take your ball and go home. There are a lot more constructive ways to get your point across and get something accomplished.

But I guess it's way more "punk" or "rock and roll" to throw a hissy fit instead.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1373 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

Maybe the butter company is more worth to Johnny than HoF? You know, like, he's really enjoying butter more than beeing in a Hall of FAME ?  hihi

Seriously, Pistols had a brain behind them who knew how to make money. I still consider them pretty punk. And good songwriters too ok

Another thing. Why are people being so judgmental on saying one thing at one point, and then saying something different at another? Opinions can change. Don't need to be hypocritical for that.....It's pretty understandable that members/ex-members of Gn'R watch their mouth and are careful of giving their fans and hopes, y'know because we are a ticking bomb, ready to explode the minute we're able to analyze something being said as some kinda hint of a new album/re-union/live shows etc. That goes for the media too.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1374 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »

I thought the Sex Pistols letter was perfect. The HOF was exactly the type of music industry establishment they were railing against when they came out. If you've never watched the Filth and the Fury documentary I suggest you do. It gives you a certain appreciation for the Pistols.

On another note.....everyone is talking about Axl showing up for the HOF ceremony. Has this actually been confirmed by Axl or anyone close to him?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1375 on: March 27, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

I thought the Sex Pistols letter was perfect. The HOF was exactly the type of music industry establishment they were railing against when they came out. If you've never watched the Filth and the Fury documentary I suggest you do. It gives you a certain appreciation for the Pistols.

On another note.....everyone is talking about Axl showing up for the HOF ceremony. Has this actually been confirmed by Axl or anyone close to him?

Apparently Dizzy said he'd be there. And the people at the HOF confirmed that they've received a yes from all seven that were invited.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1376 on: March 27, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »

Apparently Dizzy said he'd be there. And the people at the HOF confirmed that they've received a yes from all seven that were invited.

Ok, I wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking on some people's parts.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1377 on: March 27, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »

You can stand up for what you believe in without being a dick.

Standing up for what you believe in doesn't mean you have to take your ball and go home. There are a lot more constructive ways to get your point across and get something accomplished.

But I guess it's way more "punk" or "rock and roll" to throw a hissy fit instead.

I think the whole point of being "a dick" about it is that the people who run these kind of awards and such are part of the establishment. The same group of people who were against a band like the Sex Pistols back in the day.

You use your power and influence to try to stop and sabotage an artist. Decades later when you failed, you're cheering them on and welcoming them to award shows and ceremonies...

This is exactly how things work. Artists kiss the media's big ass all the fucking time, and how does the media return the favor? By reporting negative bullshit and twisting things to suit their agendas.

You got journalists writing reviews on gigs and focus on what it's not rather than what it is. Thousands of people who paid for their tickets are having a great time, but these people who get free tickets and do their job choose to go ahead and write the "review" they could've written without attending.

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1378 on: March 27, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »

but all invited Guns members (except Izzy i think) have repeatedly said that HOF is an honor to them, too!
so its not like they totally dont care like the Sex Pistols wanted to make us believe with their letter.

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1379 on: March 27, 2012, 01:19:48 PM »

Part of the problem the Sex Pistols had was that their "attitude" and "rebellion" which was genuine to them was packaged and sold by managers and record companies. They realized at some point that they were viewed as a product by certain people instead of a real band. The same kind of people that choose who goes into a certain Hall of Fame.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: