Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:15:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495183 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1340 on: March 26, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »

You forgot the part just before your last Q&A that asked Slash "Who says that you aren't going to play?  Is that Axl?"  Slash replies "No, not necessarily Axl."   The interviewer then says "So Axl's people?"  Slash chooses not to respond.

Deja Vu All Over Again!!!

This is just like the time he went up to Axl's house and said he didn't then said he did then said he didn't till Perla said she drove him there so then he said he did again.

That time he blamed "not necessarily Axl" too.   hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1341 on: March 26, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »

Slash was just on Trunks's Monday night Hair Nation show.  As far as HOF discussion, Slash said that he would like to play just for all the fans, but recofirmed that it is his understanding that there is nothing in the works for them to play.  He will have his guitar there though, as he has been talking to Ronnie Wood about jamming.

He and Eddie did a pretty good job of bashing the HOF due to bands like Deep Purple that aren't in yet.  Slash still doesn't know how anything will go down as far as inductor of GnR or how they will accept their awards.

So more of the same..."No one knows what will go down until April 14 actually arrives".
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1342 on: March 26, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

Slash was just on Trunks's Monday night Hair Nation show.  .....  He will have his guitar there though, as he has been talking to Ronnie Wood about jamming.

He and Eddie did a pretty good job of bashing the HOF due to bands like Deep Purple that aren't in yet. .....  

So he's bashing the HOF but is honored to be inducted and will bring his guitar to be part of any jam that might occur?  confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #1343 on: March 26, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »

Slash was just on Trunks's Monday night Hair Nation show.  .....  He will have his guitar there though, as he has been talking to Ronnie Wood about jamming.

He and Eddie did a pretty good job of bashing the HOF due to bands like Deep Purple that aren't in yet. .....  

So he's bashing the HOF but is honored to be inducted and will bring his guitar to be part of any jam that might occur?  confused

Yes he is bashing the HOF! Musicans have been doing this for years now since so many great bands/musicans have been over looked.  Slash is not the first to take up their cause where have you been? With that being said he and a lot of other musicans consider the HOF induction an honor. And yes he will be part of the jam that has never been a doubt of that.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1344 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »

How dare the dude have an opinion.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1345 on: March 26, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »

Yes he is bashing the HOF! Musicans have been doing this for years now since so many great bands/musicans have been over looked.  Slash is not the first to take up their cause where have you been? With that being said he and a lot of other musicans consider the HOF induction an honor. And yes he will be part of the jam that has never been a doubt of that.

ummm ... hypocritical much?

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #1346 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »

ummm ... hypocritical much?

How so? Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1347 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »

Yes he is bashing the HOF! Musicans have been doing this for years now since so many great bands/musicans have been over looked.  Slash is not the first to take up their cause where have you been?

Like the Sex Pistols:

They decided not to attend.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1348 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »

U can be honored to be in ,but also bash for the bands they haven't put in yet that have came before you!

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #1349 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:20 PM »

Yes he is bashing the HOF! Musicans have been doing this for years now since so many great bands/musicans have been over looked.  Slash is not the first to take up their cause where have you been?

Like the Sex Pistols:

They decided not to attend.  Wink

/jarmo

True that - also the VH thing and a few others. But most chose to voice their opionin and go ahead with accepting the honor. Smiley
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1350 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »

That Sex Pistols statement that Jarmo posted says it all.  

IMO, it's hypocritical to bash the HOF and take up the cause of the bands they haven't put in yet but you're still showing up with bells on cause they're honoring you!

Doesn't showing up just show how you're basically supporting them not including those artists?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1351 on: March 26, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »

Slash to attend rock hall induction but asks, Where?s Rush?

He feels honoured but also a bit turned off given that the hall has overlooked so many other great rock bands.

?It's sort of a bittersweet thing too because there's so many artists that aren't inducted, that came way before Guns did, that really actually almost deserve more to be in there and they're not in there, the guitarist said in an interview Wednesday, listing off Canadian band Rush, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick and Kiss as examples.

?So it's really hard to sort of feel victorious ... that to me just doesn't seem right.?

Continue here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/music/slash-to-attend-rock-hall-induction-but-asks-wheres-rush/article2376934/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #1352 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:52 PM »

That Sex Pistols statement that Jarmo posted says it all.  

IMO, it's hypocritical to bash the HOF and take up the cause of the bands they haven't put in yet but you're still showing up with bells on cause they're honoring you!

Doesn't showing up just show how you're basically supporting them not including those artists?

You can look at it that way but apparantly a lot of the artist that disagree with the induction process still want to be inducted. It is not unusual to hear statements just like Slash's every year at induction time.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #1353 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »

Actually, think about it-how many other bands that were inducted like the Pistols said the "thanks but no thanks" method? Anyone?

Even bands like the Talking Heads, Mamas and Papas, John Paul Jones with Led Zeppelin and especially Blondie, with inducted members being acrimonious, STILL showed up, warts and all. They all appeared onstage, albeit some bickering, and some of them even played live together.

So, to show the Pistols letter-not the best example. They were voted in, but then didn't attend or play. A collective flip off, which I can admire. A letter was sent, read by Jann Wenner. And that's it with the Pistols. APPLAUSE.

With Guns-the original 5, nay, 7 are REPORTEDLY showing up. They, at least until that night occurs, will not be sending a letter like the Pistols. Or, who knows. It could happen. Or not.

No one here knows. Not me. Not you.

I will be attending the Hall of Fame concert. I saw them the original GNR 5 in '88. I've seen the updated line up. I love both. I love the new line up and their respective solo and previous bands too (GOD KNOWS the Replacements should be in the f'n Hall of Fame). What do I want?

Who cares! Let's wait and find out!!!!!

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1354 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »

Even bands like the Talking Heads, Mamas and Papas, John Paul Jones with Led Zeppelin and especially Blondie, with inducted members being acrimonious, STILL showed up, warts and all. They all appeared onstage, albeit some bickering, and some of them even played live together.

But none of them bashed the HOF process.  They only bashed their own band, right?

Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1355 on: March 26, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »

But none of them bashed the HOF process.  They only bashed their own band, right?

i'm pretty sure the hall and some both!

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1356 on: March 26, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

Slash to attend rock hall induction but asks, Where?s Rush?

He feels honoured but also a bit turned off given that the hall has overlooked so many other great rock bands.

?It's sort of a bittersweet thing too because there's so many artists that aren't inducted, that came way before Guns did, that really actually almost deserve more to be in there and they're not in there, the guitarist said in an interview Wednesday, listing off Canadian band Rush, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick and Kiss as examples.

?So it's really hard to sort of feel victorious ... that to me just doesn't seem right.?

Continue here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/music/slash-to-attend-rock-hall-induction-but-asks-wheres-rush/article2376934/

Silence... Stop Please !@!@

crying

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1357 on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »

I forgot the Sex Pistols were in due to one record, that is a perfect example of a band getting in because of the influence they had.  Their influence is huge, as they are responsible for countless bands we enjoy today.  Its funny, I actually don't like the Sex Pistols, I also don't dislike them, but I like a ton of bands that came about as a result of them.

Also it is lame to bash a place and then show up there to receive the award.  Do one or the other.  I didn't hear the interview and I can only assume Eddie Trunk was egging him on since he never fucking shuts up about Rush and Kiss not being in there.  Even so, do one or the other.  Do what the Sex Pistols did, or if you want to speak your mind, do it at the podium during your speech like Metallica did.  Metallica did not rip the Hall but made it known the bands they thought were overlooked, which is a classy way of doing it.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1358 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:36 AM »

This Slash interview on Trunks show was a REPLAY! I heard it fucking months ago. I think afterwards Trunk played a live version of Rocketqueen from some Slash concert. It was weird as fuck hearing a different singer though he did it alright. Musically it was pretty great admittedly. Like there was a great band arrangement in the middle where they were jamming. Slash sounded great.

But yea this was a replay. Listing different bands overlooked like Deep Purple.

Just wanted to get that straight. I am now in the camp of wanting Axl to perform at the HOF. Would be a very special moment. It will be a great moment regardless but, just saying.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #1359 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:09 AM »

Do what the Sex Pistols did, or if you want to speak your mind, do it at the podium during your speech like Metallica did.  Metallica did not rip the Hall but made it known the bands they thought were overlooked, which is a classy way of doing it.

I totally agree! I wish GN'R band members (old or/and new) could be able to do this in classy way but i think this isn't happening. So now we got to read how Slash wants Rush to be on HOF and Axl is honored by this thing but i can still read between the lines that he can't be on the stage with the classic lineup.. Hopefully i'm wrong about this. Anyway, GN'R fans deserve something better than this.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:36:51 AM by Jude » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: