Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 468322 times)
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »

Congrats gnr!

Original lineup. Option for axl to invite new lineup to be recognized but not accept. Three songs. One old lineup. One new lineup. One with anyone from either group involved. They practically have done this one already. Izzy has joined and tommy let duff play bass not that long ago. No issues with sharing.

To say Paul Tobias should be there is just fucking stupid. I'm sorry. He may have helped write, but so did Wes, del, Elton John, and many others. Some bands who are in didn't even write most of their own music but the writers are inducted separately.

Mike
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »

Dj ASHBA?
IT'S OFFICIAL: Guns N' Roses WILL be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in April 2012. My sincerest congratulations to Axl Rose and everyone else who has been apart of this bands history. Time To Deck The Halls With Destruction!

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »

Congratulations to Guns N' Roses (current and alumni)!!! ok

Very well deserved! beer

Now... on to the ceremony. I think Axl should play it "smart" here:

(1) Show-up (so nobody can use that against him);

(2) Express sincere gratitude to the RNR HOF;

(3) Say some nice things about Old Guns (e.g. "very proud of what we were all able to achieve", "just glad we're all still alive", etc.);

(4) maybe comment on how he enjoyed playing with Izzy and Duff in recent years;

(5) mention how proud he and Dizzy (who hopefully gets an induction too) are that GN'R continues on and use it as an opportunity to casually plug Chinese Democracy, any plans for new music  drool and maybe the Summer European Tour (if that should be coming together at that point); and

(6) get the heck out of Dodge and by NO MEANS take the stage with the alumni. Not out of spite- just b/c it's not worth the hassle and it's NOT worth risking messing up the AMAZING thing Guns has going today with a bunch of bs reunion rumors (which will only end up making Axl look like the bad guy)!!!

In short- a nice opportunity to have a brief look back and celebrate... and then ONWARD AND UPWARD!!!! ok

Dj ASHBA?
IT'S OFFICIAL: Guns N' Roses WILL be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in April 2012. My sincerest congratulations to Axl Rose and everyone else who has been apart of this bands history. Time To Deck The Halls With Destruction!

Wow DJ is so amazing. That?s EXACTLY the spirit/vibe I?m talking about?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:55:34 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »

CONGRATS GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES Grin This is much deserved for everyone past and present

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »

I agree with estebanf: Axl should just to a video saying thanks, and call it good. Don't even show up. That way there's no awkward situations. (Of course, Slash would probably take it upon himself to call the dude from Cypress Hill to sing....that's embarrassing enough)

Sending a video would be an embarrassment

Sending a video would be epic.

That would be the undefeatable way to show the world he's not still active ''for the money'', and that he believes in and supports the band he forms part.

I can see Axl saying thanks in a fabulous ''i dont give a fuck about this award'' tone and mood.

I couldn't agree more with a lot of things estebanf have said, especially his comments about the guys from the old lineup doing harm to GNR as an institution in rock history.

I just wanna say I'm happy for Guns N' Roses for the honoring induction and let "them" deal with the rest of the shit.

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »

I've always thought that if this time came it would be great to see a few songs performed. Maybe Axl fronting the old band for and AFD era tune (Slash on SCOM), then Axl fronting the new lineup for a CD era tune, then put them all on stage for either one song or a followup medley.

There is friction between Axl and Slash, but for the most part all of the new members and all of the old members have a mutual respect for each other so it could be a great one time moment. After all with the exception of Steven and Slash they have pretty much played together at one time or another.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »

Axl is the only one that was there since the very beginning.
He never gave up on Guns.
He never gave up on the fans.
He?s out there, giving to the world the best incarnation this band ever had.

If Guns plays at the RNRHOF I think it?s only fair to have the current line up . Period.  A few guests, like Izzy n? Duff at the past live gigs could be ok ? no more than that.

People should NOT forget that almost all the former members are not in the band because THEY wanted to leave. They left the band and the fans by their own freewill.

If Guns N? Roses plays there?  Guns N? Roses is (like it or not ? I love it!) Axl, DJ, Bumble, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris n? Frank!

IDOL MAN !@!!@ Congratulations...

HALL OF FAME - The Great Van Halen No-Show

In 2007, Van Halen ? a group no stranger to in-fighting ? made the Hall, and speculation quickly swirled about just who would show up to perform at the induction ceremony. Would guitarist Eddie Van Halen (who, in the months leading up to the gala, had entered a rehabilitation center for treatment) put aside his ill-will for dynamic former frontman David Lee Roth? Would the band?s other frontman, Sammy Hagar, who had been jettisoned (or quit) in 1996 (but reunited with the band for a 2004 tour), show up? How about former bassist Michael Anthony? And what of poor Gary Cherone?

In the end, it was just Hagar and Anthony who made the trip to New York, and though they were gracious in accepting the award (and thanked all their former bandmates), their performance with Paul Shaffer (which was separate from a tribute perf by Velvet Revolver) left fans wanting more. Luckily, they?d get it on a subsequent reunion tour with Roth fronting the band ? and Eddie?s son Wolfgang on bass.

hihi rofl hihi rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »

I've always thought that if this time came it would be great to see a few songs performed. Maybe Axl fronting the old band for and AFD era tune (Slash on SCOM), then Axl fronting the new lineup for a CD era tune, then put them all on stage for either one song or a followup medley.

There is friction between Axl and Slash, but for the most part all of the new members and all of the old members have a mutual respect for each other so it could be a great one time moment. After all with the exception of Steven and Slash they have pretty much played together at one time or another.

I believe the current team has gone out of their way, to a man, to show an enormous amount of respect for Slash and Duff

Unfortunately, I've only heard Duff return the favor. Slash, to my knowledge, has praised the album, but has never exactly gone out of his way to compliment anyone the band since he left...starting from Bucket and up until now. Very possible that he has, and I just haven't seen that..but I can't recall him saying much other than playing guitar on a song with Ozzy, in which Ozzy basically calls all of these guys puppets, or Axl's yes men, or whatever..... which was dissapointing to say the least

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »

Congratulations:

GUNS N' ROSES !@

beer beer beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »

Not to be an asshole here, but without taking everything away from GnR, who deserve this, but to me the RnRHoF just wants a soap opera, same with VH its a good way to sell tickets and see what might happen

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »

Not to be an asshole here, but without taking everything away from GnR, who deserve this, but to me the RnRHoF just wants a soap opera, same with VH its a good way to sell tickets and see what might happen

How so?  Guns N Roses are eligible for the HOF this year and got in.  Thats the way it supposed to be.  They are better than every other band who did not make the cut.  Drama has nothing to do with it.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »

the original 5 should be there to accept, no one else-no dis on the current lineup

I agree with you. All the orignal five should accept the award and say thank you and all that, but not play. If GN'R's to play some song then it should be the current line up. Simple as that.

''Jungle, baby!''  peace

**lame joke alert** well i hope that rob gardner and tracii guns will be avaible  Undecided .... sorry

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »

Didn't I start this thread Yesterday??? Huh Huh Huh Huh

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2011, 06:08:07 PM »

What I dont understand is how some of you 'fans' have an anti 'pre-Chinese Democracy Guns members' attitude. Some of you seem to think "fuck Izzy, fuck Duff, fuck Slash and fuck Steven, they're not there anymore so they dont matter. Thats bollocks.
The fact is Guns are finally eligible due to Appetite which means the people who worked on that album regardless of where they are now are to ones who should be accepting, Axl, Izzy, Duff, Steve N' Slash.
Why should Ashba accept when hes only been in the band a couple of years? Thats a bit cheecky now.

Dont get me wrong I like Chinese and think the current band are an extrodinary group of musicians who gave me one of the best gigs I've ever been to in Belfast last August, but its not their honour its the classic lineup's.

What should happen is the original 5 accept each say something, share the stage for old times sake play 'Jungle' 'Sweet Child' n' maybe 'Paradise'. Then with the possiblity of Matt, Dizzy N' Gilby joining and playing something from the Illusions (Steven would leave but Izzy should stay).
And of course the current lineup should get a mention and credit for what there doing.

Those of you that are saying the old members have no right are the very ones who would blow there load at the sight of an original reunion. Stop being Double Talkin' Jive motherfuckers...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »

Could we please get one thing clear... it isn't a case of "these guys recorded Appetite, therefore it's their award and fuck the new guys", or "these guys are in the band now so it's their award and fuck the old guys". It's an award for the bands entire 25 year career. Therefore no member, old or new should be getting fucked (unless it's by their wives/girlfriends).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »

If you don't want to see the Original band accept the highest honor for the amazing works they did together..... I feel sad for u.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2011, 07:33:34 PM »

If you don't want to see the Original band accept the highest honor for the amazing works they did together..... I feel sad for u.

the highest honor? are you high?  Huh

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »

Ajaj This Topic Is Funny

hihi rofl hihi

I Only Happy By GN'R !@!@

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »

the highest honor? are you high?  Huh
Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is an extraordinary honor for any musician.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »

Like it or not, it's what the majority think that dictates this sort of thing.

That's right, and the majority remembers the original lineup and still knows them as Guns N Roses.  Only the world unto this website believes differently.

To say Paul Tobias should be there is just fucking stupid. I'm sorry.

I agree, and I'm NOT sorry.  You know you've been drinking too much Axl kool-aid when you believe Tobias has a significant place in GNR history.

Its so funny reading posts from so many nervous people speculating like they know anything, there are 5 people that deserve to receive that award. Who ever else is included is up for grabs!

This is 100% correct.... the original five members will be inducted for the very reason that they are the original five members.  Anyone else is up to the Hall of Fame, not anyone else, certainly not any rabid new-lineup defenders.

Correct me if I am wrong but the band was inducted on the back of AFD, UYI I & II, and Lies. The band which created these works of art are Axl/Duff/Slash/Izzy/ and Matt/Steven.  The band is inducted not members x and y and not z.

Exactly.  The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame WILL NOT dissect and separate the original five members from this honor.  It just won't happen, no matter how many people on this site (who obviously believe THEY represent the majority of GNR fans) disagree.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:16:06 PM by Bridge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: