Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Norman, OK Updates?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Norman, OK Updates?  (Read 13122 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 01:25:36 AM »

jam (brick)/axl piano solo (someone/yellow)/nr,

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:38:55 AM »

Bbf solo, don't cry

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 01:50:07 AM »

Fernando Lebeis
Lil' Rosie.... @gunsnroses yfrog.com/ob8dghj
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 01:59:08 AM »

rosie, kohd, jam/nightrain

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 02:06:48 AM »

Encore: jam/Madagascar

angeles
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 02:12:28 AM »

htgth Jarmo | HTGTH.com
Madagascar pic.twitter.com/TWep15cF
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 02:16:16 AM »

Shacklers

angeles
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 02:22:33 AM »

Fernando Lebeis
Little Dizzy Fuckin' Reed yfrog.com/nvz8ilj
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 02:22:57 AM »

Jam/patience

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 02:32:05 AM »

Encore: jam/Madagascar, Shacklers,jam/patience, otgm, nice boys

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:45 AM »

Jam/PC

Boromir
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:00 AM »

Nice boys don't play rock n roll  peace

Sounds like a hell of a show, thanks for the updates Jarmo  ok

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »

THANKS for the updates Jarmo!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 03:20:01 AM »

Does anybody know that instrumental jam Ron and Richard play before patience on this tour ? Sounds familiar...   thanks for the updates Jarmo.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 07:52:08 AM »

Concert review: Guns N' Roses play Lloyd Noble Center

BY GEORGE LANG Staff Writer
Published: November 10, 2011

But what a difference a month makes.

When Rose took the stage at 10:45 p.m. after an opening set by Oklahoma City's Hinder, he looked fit and sounded much like the snake-dancing dervish who dominated stadiums in the late-1980s and early 1990s. Launching into the title track from 2008's "Chinese Democracy" and immediately hitting the crowd with "Jungle," he seemed to have no trouble reaching the high notes and, just as importantly, sustaining them. And he kept doing it for three solid hours, a massive march through "Appetite for Destruction," "G N' R Lies," "Use Your Illusion" and "Chinese Democracy" that drove roughly half the crowd back to their beds before the last explosive notes of "Paradise City" rang out at 1:45 a.m. Thursday morning.

This has been standard operating procedure for Guns N' Roses on this tour: start late, play long. Rose seemed to relish the wee hours, telling the crowd at the start of the 1 a.m. encore, "I hope all those who left early enjoyed their Lady Gaga albums."

But along the way, the 49-year-old Rose gave the audience nearly everything on their wish lists, running through "Appetite" classics such as "It's So Easy," "Mr. Brownstone" and "Rocket Queen" and carefully dispensing tracks from "Chinese Democracy" such as "Sorry" and "Better" in between the crowd pleasers.
Of course, that wry title for G N' R's most recent album almost describes what the band has become. Thanks to a legal maneuver dating back two decades, Rose owns Guns N' Roses, but by all appearances he is a benevolent dictator, showcasing his band members throughout the set.

While most Guns N' Roses fans acknowledge that the quintessential lineup would include Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and either Steven Adler or Matt Sorum playing behind Rose, the current lineup is more than up to the task of performing G N' R's back catalog. Rose first ceded the spotlight to guitarist Richard Fortus for a hard-edged take on the James Bond theme before segueing into "Live and Let Die." Bassist Tommy Stinson sang lead on The Who's "My Generation" and longtime keyboardist Dizzy Reed played a solo version of The Who's "Baba O'Riley." Lead guitarist D.J. Ashba took an extended lead before playing the familiar opening notes of "Sweet Child O' Mine," and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal played "The Pink Panther Theme" as a lead-in to "Don't Cry."

Along the way, Rose indulged in two choice AC/DC covers from the Bon Scott era: "Riff Raff" and "Whole Lotta Rosie." All these detours pushed the running time for the concert into endurance test territory, but just when energy started to lag in the arena, a stone-cold classic like "November Rain" or "Nightrain" would shock the crowd back to life.

Rose, who frequently left the stage to change hats or leather jackets, kept a quick pace, running up and down the stage ramps during the encore -- Ashba couldn't quite keep up, tumbling down a ramp near the end of the show. But Rose's pace was better than the concert's as a whole: as much as he might resist it, trimming some "Chinese Democracy" tracks in favor of the better and better-known early material would keep more people in the seats, even late into the night. But Rose proved that he could still cut it, and that the online evidence of his decline was either greatly exaggerated or simply no longer true.

Read more: http://newsok.com/concert-review-guns-n-roses-play-lloyd-noble-center/article/3621607#ixzz1dJ3dHLuM

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »

Was Twat played at thius show??   drool
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 08:35:19 AM »

Was Twat played at thius show??   drool

No

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 08:38:40 AM »

Thank you very much for taking the time to do updates, it is greatly appreciated!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 09:21:18 AM »

When Rose took the stage at 10:45 p.m. after an opening set by Oklahoma City's Hinder, he looked fit and sounded much like the snake-dancing dervish who dominated stadiums in the late-1980s and early 1990s.

But along the way, the 49-year-old Rose gave the audience nearly everything on their wish lists, running through "Appetite" classics such as "It's So Easy," "Mr. Brownstone" and "Rocket Queen" and carefully dispensing tracks from "Chinese Democracy" such as "Sorry" and "Better" in between the crowd pleasers.

But Rose proved that he could still cut it, and that the online evidence of his decline was either greatly exaggerated or simply no longer true.

Nice to see the band getting more and more positive reviews. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »

I liked Axl's Lady Gaga line. If in fact he did say that.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: