Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General Admission vs. seats beside the stage..
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Admission vs. seats beside the stage..  (Read 12119 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: November 07, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »

I had general admission in New York back in 06' and Vegas in 01'  (first GN'R show when I was 17), but this time I bought tickets 10 rows back from the stage in Cincinnati, Ohio.  I am thinking about taking them back, seeing that general admission is still available.  Do you think this is a wise choice?  I'm in the section right beside the stage (Section 128), but the more I think about it, the more I want to get up front!  I guess the only advantage is not having to wait.  Anyone know who the opener for this show is yet?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »

I will ALWAYS take GA, unless I have a front row seat, which is damn near impossible to get.  There are several reasons I enjoy GA, but the biggest one is freedom.  You can get any view of the stage you want, and if someone is drunk or obnoxious next to you, you are not forced to sit next to them for 3 hours, you can just walk away and find someplace else.  I love it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »

Im somewhat short though and find it hard to do GA cause I normally get behind the tall assholes. hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »

Im somewhat short though and find it hard to do GA cause I normally get behind the tall assholes. hihi

thats funny I was just talking to a coworker about this like 2 hours ago, he thinks there should be a section for tall assholes.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »

I'm one of those tall assholes..I'm 6'5".  I'm going with three others and we have seats next to each other...still up in the air about it, because GA is still available for this show!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 06:15:25 PM »

I'm really debating on taking my tickets back and getting GA.  Did you wait until they opened the doors and then rush the stage to get your spot?  What time did you get there?  Did you wait in line at least 5 hours, or how did it work?  I know in Vegas, we waited around 7 hours to get front row.  I thought it might be different this time around, just not sure how to go about it.  It's the girlfriends first show and I know I'll want to drink it up while I'm there...just a toss up and I need opionions!  Thanks...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »

without even being a dick, you can get within about 5 rows of the stage if you get there an hour before it starts.

i'm fine with 5-10 rows away. you're still extremely close, you feel part of the show, you actually have a better view than row 1, and like Bhodi said you have some freedom to roam a little bit. you're not locked in to one spot that you waited 7 hours for. i also just like seeing the crowd a bit, dancing, moshing, etc.

at that vegas show, i walked in just a little early and i easily got within 5 rows of the stage, and about 3 feet from the center stage (it was a small venue and many in that crowd were laid back).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 06:53:52 PM »

without even being a dick, you can get within about 5 rows of the stage if you get there an hour before it starts.

i'm fine with 5-10 rows away. you're still extremely close, you feel part of the show, you actually have a better view than row 1, and like Bhodi said you have some freedom to roam a little bit. you're not locked in to one spot that you waited 7 hours for. i also just like seeing the crowd a bit, dancing, moshing, etc.

at that vegas show, i walked in just a little early and i easily got within 5 rows of the stage, and about 3 feet from the center stage (it was a small venue and many in that crowd were laid back).

Yep, screw that standing in line for 7 hours crap, hahaha. I LOVE ga, for the freedom and how close I can get. Your also right about row 1, a lot of times the stage is so high you can't see anything unless they're standing right on the edge. (Was that way in Sturgis, the stage seemed extremely high) I get antsy too, it's hard for me to stand in one spot for an extended period of time. I like to wander.

Axl is God.
Annie
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »

I'm too old and little to do GA anymore.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »

In all the times I've seen GN'R, I've only had seats twice, and that wasn't by primariy choice either. In my view the best way to experience a GN'R show is GA, you are in the Jungle, every man for himself. I love the anticipation that anything could happen, where you don't get the same danger when your sat down.

Don't get me wrong, I know some folks love seating for that very reason (for it being safe). But for me, I will always try to get GA, before I get seats.  Cheesy
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »

For bands I'm really into I will go for GA to get as close as I want but if I'm just a casual fan I'll get seats to sit back and relax more. I'm 6'6" so I have no problem on the GA floor except for short people complaining that I'm too tall.  Grin
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 07:19:58 PM »

I only do GA for Guns shows because I want to be as close as I can to the band and I love the energy.  But if you've never done GA before for this band, you need to train and commit!

Training schedule:  *ride the A,C,E subway line during rush hour-standing in a packed car for 4 hours
                            *Run a 5k in 90 degree weather without any water
                            *Drink 6 glasses water or a 6-pak of beer, and don't go to the bathroom for 6 hours!!!!

Annie
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »

I only do GA for Guns shows because I want to be as close as I can to the band and I love the energy.  But if you've never done GA before for this band, you need to train and commit!

Training schedule:  *ride the A,C,E subway line during rush hour-standing in a packed car for 4 hours
                            *Drink 6 glasses water or a 6-pak of beer, and don't go to the bathroom for 6 hours!!!!

Quite possibly the BEST POST EVER on this board.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »

The bathroom part would kill me

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »

I prefer a seat.. you don't lose it as the show starts..
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »

Haha nice, except I think the 6 train during rush hour would prepare you more!
lagr08
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »

I've always bgotten seats before but wanted GA this time.  My wife said no way no how.  KC Nov. 12th, and now my wife is considering giving her ticket to my 17 yer old son....damn!

KC: 2011
Portland: 2006
Tacoma: 2002
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »

hmmmm...what to do.  I might trade someone or just take them back since GA is still available..I remember how good front row was when I went..maybe I can sneak a pint in?  Is security pretty tight?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »

hmmmm...what to do.  I might trade someone or just take them back since GA is still available..I remember how good front row was when I went..maybe I can sneak a pint in?  Is security pretty tight?

The guy in front of me had a flask, the security guy asked him if there was liquor inside of it. Then security told him not to tell anyone, gave him a wink, and let him through. Depends if the security guy is cool or not.

I got to the Houston show 5 minutes before the doors opened and I was only 5 rows back. Got up to 3 rows back by the time the encore started.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:07:30 PM by Robman? » Logged
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 02:00:21 AM »

This thread is awesome! I have seen Guns twice both with chair seats! Me and 7 friends have floor seats for Chicago ! This will be the first time they have seen Axl and the first time I'm down front! I really like the conversation about pro's/con's about floor! I was wondering what time we should arrive/if the stage was high in front! Love the few rows back idea and actually thought about flasks! Did they have metal detectors ?
I guess I can get an all plastic one but I do have a metal GN'R flask hihi (that is filled with crown for the trip!)
 Thanks guys for the tips

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14