Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General Admission vs. seats beside the stage..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Admission vs. seats beside the stage..  (Read 12089 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 03:18:23 AM »

Im somewhat short though and find it hard to do GA cause I normally get behind the tall assholes. hihi

thats funny I was just talking to a coworker about this like 2 hours ago, he thinks there should be a section for tall assholes.

im one of those tall assholes lol. i hate when im on the front and people ask me if they could stand in front of me, fuck that shit, i dont wait outside for hours to give up my front row spot haha
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 06:23:32 AM »

? I hate tall assholes  rant

JK, I'm quite small so unless I act a little aggressive I don't get to see much.

So I always aim for front row, if my friends are up for it too, of course.

But I would definitely take GA over seats by the stage any day of the week.

It's a whole different experience.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »

My thing with buying floor this time around was I can choose what I want to do when I want to do it. If I decide I wanna be all up close by the stage, I can go there. If I wanna chill back by the sound board, I can do that.

Having said that, I'm "a tall asshole" as well. I try pretty hard to be considerate of that and watch for those around and behind me who wanna see the show too.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 08:13:45 AM »

The four times i seen GNR twice in 2006 in Halifax and New Brunswick and the same in 2010 i had seats in the lower bowl in the closest section to the stage.  i ended up getting row a and b both times and it was the best view i ever had plus the relaxation of having a seat to sit in as the GA were standing.  Now keep in mind me and my wife attended and in 2006 we were 30 and 34 in 2010 so we wernt into the whole floor scene where theres pushing etc.  The lower bowl is only good if you can get the closest section beside the stage and in first few rows,  ok
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »

I'm in the 12th row I believe, right beside the stage so I hope its just as good.  I might try for two flasks if you guys think its possible?Huh
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »

I'm in the 12th row I believe, right beside the stage so I hope its just as good.  I might try for two flasks if you guys think its possible?Huh
As you empty one at one end, you can then "refill" it from the other  Lips Sealed rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »

I need whiskey..not beer haha.  Does security pat you down pretty good?
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »

Yep, screw that standing in line for 7 hours crap, hahaha. I LOVE ga, for the freedom and how close I can get. Your also right about row 1, a lot of times the stage is so high you can't see anything unless they're standing right on the edge. (Was that way in Sturgis, the stage seemed extremely high) I get antsy too, it's hard for me to stand in one spot for an extended period of time. I like to wander.

I'd never wait for hours simply because it doesn't help at all, it's very true that you can easily sneak very close to the stage without annoying anyone. But then on the other hand, the journey itself is often as cool as the destination, so I kind of see why people wait. I only hope that people aren't queing for the wrong reasons thinking it's the only way to do it.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »

To keep the tickets or not keep the tickets...that is the question?!?  Ha..
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »

To keep the tickets or not keep the tickets...that is the question?!?  Ha..

Exchange them. You know you want too. Smiley

Axl is God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »

Of course i had lower arena seats to the RHCP and this one fucking KID, he couldn't have been 15 was at least 6'6 and I couldn't see SHIT! LOL I had to stand at the perfect angle to see past him. It was a nightmare.

I also don't like drunk people.. so the thought of some asshole drunk pushing and bumping into me on the floor isn't a good situation for me to be in as I got somewhat of a short fuse...

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »

I hear ya..I guess that's why the lower bowl seats are sold out and GA is still available.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »

I have been to quite a few GA shows and I have always found that even though it is a little rough people are for the most part respect full if people fall down or anything else.Personally though I would rather sit.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

I always said go big or go home.  Love GA seating nothing better then being shoulder to shoulder rocking out.  I've had seats and it forced me to sit down. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »

I only do GA for Guns shows because I want to be as close as I can to the band and I love the energy.  But if you've never done GA before for this band, you need to train and commit!

Training schedule:  *ride the A,C,E subway line during rush hour-standing in a packed car for 4 hours
                            *Run a 5k in 90 degree weather without any water
                            *Drink 6 glasses water or a 6-pak of beer, and don't go to the bathroom for 6 hours!!!!

I also only GA for the shows. I can stay I have done 2 out of the 3 on the list.  :hihi:Have not done the subway for 4 hours but have drove in traffic on 495 (DC area) and GW (NJ/NYC area) for 4 hours. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »

I prefer seating along the stage..If you need to go to the b/r your seat is reserved, your GA standing spot isn't..
fishtifer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:08 AM »

I prefer seating right by the stage, GNR Calgary 2006 I had row 1 right at the front corner of the stage, Axl came over a few times to that edge and it was awesome. Some idiots came down to my row and tried to stand right in front of me, had to get security to remove them. I've always tried to get similar seats for all my concerts but I have had bad luck a few times with getting too close to the side of the stage and having speakers and big cables blocking my view. You can't trust the seating charts on Ticketmaster, the stage is always further back or closer up. It's a big gamble.

I've never enjoyed general admisson, if you leave a little breathing room in front of you you get people cutting right in front of you and suddenly you are way further back then you started. Plus being a shorter guy you can't see much, you spend the whole night trying to see past peoples heads.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 05:56:46 PM »

i was in the front for the first san francisco show in 2006... waited in line forever

it was cool at first like when sebastian was playing but when gnr went onstage everyone lost their minds and started pushing and shoving toward the front so i had to fall back a few rows just to be able to breath and not  have to worry about being crushed since im such a small guy.  i know the warfield is a much smaller venue compared to the arena shows they are doing now so i don't know if it will be any better in the front this time since there is going to be more floor space or if it would be worse because of more people

i can't wait to find out tho  beer

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »

Any other band I would go GA.. But it's GNR.. I'd rather party then stay on line all night.

The only one in the game that's lost is you
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »

I had seats beside the stage last year in Chile, gotta say I enjoyed the fact that I could see the band the whole concert without nobody in front of me.
But this year I bought g.a tickets and I don't regret it, you can really feel the jungle from there  hihi (I'm tall so I didn't really have much problem seeing them)

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: