Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112635 times)
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #400 on: November 13, 2011, 07:54:14 PM »

Im glad to finally see Axl in a sit down interview after all these years. He seemed in good spirits and very relaxed. On the other hand Trunk and the other guys looked very tense like they were terrified of asking the wrong question, that would piss off Axl. As a result, they seemed unprepared and with the exception of a couple of questions, the interview was a little disappointing IMHO, but expected. Hopefully, this was a good experience for Axl and he will be more open to doing some more interviews in the future.

I agree with a previous poster, that he does not seem against the RRHOF, and views it as an honor to be inducted. The AFD and Challenger picture was interesting, so was the part of Get in the Ring. The part of the illusion tour was interesting as well because Duff and Slash also mentioned in their books that management should have taken the band off the road during that tour. I think the band dealt with some crazy pressures at that time, and management and the powers that be wanted to make as much money as possible without taking into consideration what the band was going through.

I think it was rude that they did not even ask DJ one question during that interview. It was completely awkward. It would have been cool to talk to some of the other guys as well and get their take of the dynamic of the band. All in all, I am happy we finally got to watch an Axl interview.
I can't remember if it was on his twitter or in an interview but Eddie said they interviewed DJ separately but it didn't make the show.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: November 14, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »

After all these years, just getting him on TV was a win for Trunk.  Just for that alone, I enjoyed it.  Still, I don't understand the 'walking on eggshells' treatment; all they had to do was research Axl's 2008 board postings to realize that Axl's willing to discuss just about anything. 
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #402 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »

Looks like the good quality clips of the interview have now disappeared from YouTube.  crying
meanmachine78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: November 14, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »

I'm confused about the "walking on eggshells" comments to. I did not notice any of that. What I THINK people may be seeing (unless they are looking way to into things or have a hidden agenda) is that it was 0530 in the morning and they were tired. I don't know, I think it was a great interview and I think Eddie and co are getting too much flack. All I know is I can't wait until tomorrow so I can see Guns live in Chicago!!!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #404 on: November 14, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »

Looks like the good quality clips of the interview have now disappeared from YouTube.  crying

The video is still available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XUKRZGVW6Q

You can download the video here too (AVI format, 400MB): http://www.multiupload.com/M0IO422YLS

Thanks to the original uploaders!

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #405 on: November 14, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »

I'm confused about the "walking on eggshells" comments to. I did not notice any of that. What I THINK people may be seeing (unless they are looking way to into things or have a hidden agenda) is that it was 0530 in the morning and they were tired. I don't know, I think it was a great interview and I think Eddie and co are getting too much flack. All I know is I can't wait until tomorrow so I can see Guns live in Chicago!!!

I don't know if they were walking on eggshells but they started every question with a overlong ass kissy lead-up. And that one guy's sideburns are annoying.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #406 on: November 14, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »

I don't know if they were walking on eggshells but they started every question with a overlong ass kissy lead-up. And that one guy's sideburns are annoying.

I have a hard time watching those guys because they seem totally unaware of the fact that no one, outside of maybe their own families, cares what they have to say.
I had heard of the show, but never really sat through one before Axl's. I watched a Dave Mustaine and Slash episode with them afterwards, and you could just tell Dave was thinking, what the fuck am I doing here?". He got maybe 3 sentences in before those donkeys starting debating whether the Scorpions were better than some other band.. Neither band was in anyway relevant with Dave Mustaine or Megadeth. I actually thought they were on their best behavior with Axl, compared to the others..
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #407 on: November 14, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

I thought it was funny when Trunk went off about the Rock N Roll HOF.  He thought Axl knew had about his negative look at the HOF.  Then Axl had to ask him and that is Huh   rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #408 on: November 14, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »

The video is still available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XUKRZGVW6Q

You can download the video here too (AVI format, 400MB): http://www.multiupload.com/M0IO422YLS

Thanks to the original uploaders!

Thank you Will, I had the 3 clip version.  Wink
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »

I thought it was funny when Trunk went off about the Rock N Roll HOF.  He thought Axl knew had about his negative look at the HOF.  Then Axl had to ask him and that is Huh   rofl

lol yea i was gonna mention that too... eddie is always going on about the HOF

axl looked at him like, 'no i dont know wtf your opinions are nor do i care'  rofl

the challenger photo... why couldn't they put it on the cover?  time magazine did

and yea eddie did come across like he was somewhat nervous, don jamieson seemed like he was in awe during the interview, and florentine looked like he was just exhausted and ready to pass out at any time lol... it was an overall great interview though
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:26:32 PM by Jeramy » Logged

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »

the challenger photo... why couldn't they put it on the cover?  time magazine did

I'm glad they didn't use the challenger, because people would probably have focused on that more than the music.  It also would be a little too similar to Led Zeppelin's first album cover.  The painting they used was great because it inspired a timeless album title, and the cross logo they used as the alternate cover is now iconic.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2011, 05:57:26 PM »

As Axl said, they thought it was in poor taste to use it on the record. Which is true...

Not in poor taste for a magazine though.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »

I'm glad that they did not use the challenger pic. I think the original cover was more representative of the element of danger associated with the band as well as the songs. The cross as the previous poster mentioned has become an iconic symbol and also representative of the original members of the band.

I wish Trunk and the guys would have asked more substantive questions about the promotion or lack there of for CD. If he does not enjoy give interviews or does not promote the band more aggresively. It seems he used to do many interviews prior to CD. Does it have anything to do with some of the experiences he has had with the media. If he plans on performing on any late night shows or SNL. If not why not. Does he want take a more underground approach. How do they work on writing music these days. Why did CD take so long to make, and what was his writing process like with the members. How did he audition musicians or what did he look for when hired new members in 2000 and then in 2006. How was that like. What made him change from wearing jerseys to wearing jeans and a shirt. What is going on in his social life. Does he want to get married or have kids.

I don't think these questions r out of line or would have upset Axl.I think these guys were just really unprepared especially considering the fact that Axl was in such a great mood.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »

lol yea i was gonna mention that too... eddie is always going on about the HOF

axl looked at him like, 'no i dont know wtf your opinions are nor do i care'  rofl

and yea eddie did come across like he was somewhat nervous, don jamieson seemed like he was in awe during the interview, and florentine looked like he was just exhausted and ready to pass out at any time lol... it was an overall great interview though

I'd have been all 3 of those things rolled into one!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #414 on: November 14, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »

Eddie admitted they would have liked to be sharper mentally as it was almost 6AM when the interview started.  They looked pretty beat in the interview. Axl looked like it was 5PM! And that was after a 3 hr show.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #415 on: November 14, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »

I'm glad they didn't use the challenger, because people would probably have focused on that more than the music.  It also would be a little too similar to Led Zeppelin's first album cover.  The painting they used was great because it inspired a timeless album title, and the cross logo they used as the alternate cover is now iconic.

i agree with you.... everything happens for a reason, the cross cover was meant to be

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #416 on: November 14, 2011, 10:41:27 PM »

I'm glad that they did not use the challenger pic. I think the original cover was more representative of the element of danger associated with the band as well as the songs. The cross as the previous poster mentioned has become an iconic symbol and also representative of the original members of the band.

I wish Trunk and the guys would have asked more substantive questions about the promotion or lack there of for CD. If he does not enjoy give interviews or does not promote the band more aggresively. It seems he used to do many interviews prior to CD. Does it have anything to do with some of the experiences he has had with the media. If he plans on performing on any late night shows or SNL. If not why not. Does he want take a more underground approach. How do they work on writing music these days. Why did CD take so long to make, and what was his writing process like with the members. How did he audition musicians or what did he look for when hired new members in 2000 and then in 2006. How was that like. What made him change from wearing jerseys to wearing jeans and a shirt. What is going on in his social life. Does he want to get married or have kids.

I don't think these questions r out of line or would have upset Axl.I think these guys were just really unprepared especially considering the fact that Axl was in such a great mood.

I listened to a little bit of Eddie's radio show tonight on Sirius and he said that the main reason for the interview was because Axl felt good about THIS version of the band and really wanted to push that and get that across to people.  So you could take out of that, the point of the interview wasn't to find out why there was little to no promo for CD, or the making of the album. etc.  It was more about NOW and the future, so I guess overall they tried to focus their attention that way.

He said that Axl wanted DJ there with him for the interview and that they had no problem with that, but obviously all of the questions were going to be directed at Axl since the man does an interview once every five years.  He said they did interview DJ, Tommy, Dizzy, and Ron separately without Axl and he thinks those interviews may pop up on websites (VH1) sometime.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #417 on: November 15, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »

Ok, be honest.

How many times have u guys watched the interview so far?  Grin
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2011, 03:57:12 AM »

I'm a little late to the party on this, but I thought that the interview was amazing! It was killer to have Axl back on TV!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »

Questions were too naive, but i liked to see the show. It would be good if this sets a pattern of more interviews coming  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: