Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112597 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »

wtf,he wasn't ready in 1991...Axl in 1991 you were the biggest frontman...fuck that shit...you're the biggest now...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »

wtf,he wasn't ready in 1991...Axl in 1991 you were the biggest frontman...fuck that shit...you're the biggest now...

I think he meant that he wasn't mentally ready for a tour of that magnitude. Especially not one that went on for nearly three years.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »

I must say, I just love this guy (Axl)!  ok

Loved to hearing him again doing interviews!
But, what really marked this interview, was Axl's saying what was the original idea for Appetite album cover!
This picture gave him idea for AFD cover album:

Did anybody knew that?!?!

And it was cool to hear him mentioning Duff and Izzy (who btw was planed to play with them that night)!  Wink

That would of been a sweet album cover for AFD... too bad at the time they wouldn't let them do it. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

After watching this over a few times, I got to say that it's great seeing Axl looking in great shape and looking very healthy. I thought it was interesting hearing Axl's views regarding fans from different countries seeing him in a certain way. I also find it cool knowing Axl has an ipod, I would love to see his full playlist.

I loved Axl's comment about the right people making Chinese Democracy, and he also said something to the effect of "everyone who is here, wants to be here". So I regard that comment, as sign that Axl would love to have the band back who made CD, but realises that those member choose to not be part of it anymore for whatever reasons. But he is happy with the current band, and that's all that matters..... I also loved all of the in-between bits like with Ron, and also Chinese Democracy live from Miami.

My only complaint is the range of questioning, I honestly felt more questions could have been asked on certain subjects. Eddie did well, but felt the other 2 guys asked boring and generic type of questions. DJ was pretty silent throughout, but that's not surprising as this interview was all about God himself Axl Rose.  Wink

Really nice bit of footage, to watch over and over again.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:24:43 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »

I think the problem is, as GNR fans we expected/hoped for more from the interview.  You have to take a step back and view it as an outsider.  I highly doubt a non-GNR fan who saw the interview is being so critical in saying how the interviewers sucked and didn't ask the right questions.  It is "That Metal Show", not the "GNR fansite show".  I thought they did a fine job considering the circumstances.  Sure they could've delved in and asked a few more follow up questions, eg. the Abu Dhabi situation.  Time was obviously a factor though, having to squeeze ALL that footage into 45 minutes or so.  I think that's what the biggest problem was, there just wasn't enough time.

I salute the TMS guys for pulling off this interview, a job well done.  Hopefully we get to see some more down the road.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:59 AM »

It was great to watch this interview. I also missed some more follow-ups and maybe deeper-going answers on some subjects, but what the hell! Axl seems to be in good mood these days, and Gn'R is really a well-functional band, and that shows both on-stage and in interviews. I have never watched/listened to TMS before, so I didn't get a great impression of Eddie Trunk and his crew of this, but he did make this happen, so I have to admire him for that, plus he and his crew probably were really tired at the time the interview went down.

Also cool to see the Live and let die footage, plus Chinese Democracy. And great to hear GnR get some cred for their long lasting show and their stamina! Really understand some of Axl's love/hate towards MTV. How can we love someone who give Katy Perry a best "live-performance" award?  rofl

I prefer AFD cover the way it is. Crazy idea for a cover that Challenger photo  yes
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:21:35 AM by westcoast_junkie » Logged

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2011, 06:52:01 AM »

If Axl thinks Chinese can "do more" do you think he will try releasing a video or 2 and promoting some singles at some point?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #387 on: November 13, 2011, 07:35:38 AM »

If Axl thinks Chinese can "do more" do you think he will try releasing a video or 2 and promoting some singles at some point?
When Axl said that, the first thing that crossed my mind was "I wonder if anyone has even told him that you can't even buy Chinese in the US right now"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #388 on: November 13, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »

Is it possible we could get to see the whole interview at some point? Not sure what was edited out, but must be a lot of additional footage.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2011, 07:56:44 AM »

But, what really marked this interview, was Axl's saying what was the original idea for Appetite album cover!

And it was cool to hear him mentioning Duff and Izzy (who btw was planed to play with them that night)!  Wink

That would of been a sweet album cover for AFD... too bad at the time they wouldn't let them do it. 

Yeah that was news too me. I guess at the time it would have been in poor taste. I remember that day. I was actually watching it live on tv at school when it happened.
I also would like to know what the Abu Dhabi thing was about. I never heard anything at the time. Sounds like they may have been fucked over on that one.
Axl is always great at telling stories. lol

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
meanmachine78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »

I think he meant that he wasn't mentally ready for a tour of that magnitude. Especially not one that went on for nearly three years.
[/quote]

All you have to do is listen to the Chicago '92 rant just before Live and Let Die. He was going through a lot of stuff personally and so fourth. I agree with AxlReznor where I think mentally he wasn't there. Not a performance or unsure of himself thing.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2011, 08:26:29 AM »

When Axl said that, the first thing that crossed my mind was "I wonder if anyone has even told him that you can't even buy Chinese in the US right now"

You can't buy it in the US??  Doesn't Best Buy still have shit loads in there stores?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »

I really hope a DVDR version of the Axl TMS-episode surfaces soon, cause this is a must to have in your collection. The quality of the avi-file sucks balls.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »

how disappointing

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #394 on: November 13, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »

Annie
« Reply #395 on: November 13, 2011, 10:32:22 AM »

Not true. You can still buy it on amazon.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »

Got another YouTube link of the interview to throw in the mix.

Full interview conveniently placed in one video! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XUKRZGVW6Q

Thanks for this.  ok  Really enjoyed watching it.  I'm not going to critique the interviewing skills of these guys because to be honest, Axl could sit and recite the phone book and I'd be happy to listen.   Wink  So just want to say thanks to everyone involved in setting it up, and especially to Axl, Dj and Ron for taking part.

I adored the snippet of onstage action right at the end of the programme when Axl was thanking the crowd, clinking bottles with Dj and then giving that heart-melting smile as he left the stage. The man has charisma oozing from every pore and yet, as shown by his self-deprecating comments during the interview, he remains modest and humble about his achievements and delights in refusing to take seriously the effect his presence has upon thousands of his fans.

Cool, sexy and immensely talented. Axl Rose, deny it all you want, but in my eyes you are, and always will be, the ultimate rock god.   love

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #397 on: November 13, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »

i think its a great interview

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »

Appetite For Destruction was the name of the painting/postcard...If the cover were of the Challenger explosion, chances are it would have been a differant title...Perhaps "excuse me, what does this button do?"
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: November 13, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »

Im glad to finally see Axl in a sit down interview after all these years. He seemed in good spirits and very relaxed. On the other hand Trunk and the other guys looked very tense like they were terrified of asking the wrong question, that would piss off Axl. As a result, they seemed unprepared and with the exception of a couple of questions, the interview was a little disappointing IMHO, but expected. Hopefully, this was a good experience for Axl and he will be more open to doing some more interviews in the future.

I agree with a previous poster, that he does not seem against the RRHOF, and views it as an honor to be inducted. The AFD and Challenger picture was interesting, so was the part of Get in the Ring. The part of the illusion tour was interesting as well because Duff and Slash also mentioned in their books that management should have taken the band off the road during that tour. I think the band dealt with some crazy pressures at that time, and management and the powers that be wanted to make as much money as possible without taking into consideration what the band was going through.

I think it was rude that they did not even ask DJ one question during that interview. It was completely awkward. It would have been cool to talk to some of the other guys as well and get their take of the dynamic of the band. All in all, I am happy we finally got to watch an Axl interview.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: