Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112313 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #340 on: November 12, 2011, 12:52:21 AM »

I was wondering that too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #341 on: November 12, 2011, 01:06:17 AM »

What's the story with the troubles in Abu Dhabi?  Was that known before tonight?  I don't remember reading about that.
Was that right during the Azoff lawsuit thing??

bout the only thing i can think of...

There was a show where Tommy or someone got mad right and threw his bass or something..... or was that something different?

Axl said they were being fed lies etc and can't remember exactly what he said on interview tonight....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #342 on: November 12, 2011, 01:20:07 AM »

What's the story with the troubles in Abu Dhabi?  Was that known before tonight?  I don't remember reading about that.
Was that right during the Azoff lawsuit thing??

bout the only thing i can think of...

There was a show where Tommy or someone got mad right and threw his bass or something..... or was that something different?

Axl said they were being fed lies etc and can't remember exactly what he said on interview tonight....

Is that when Tommy came up with "One Man Mutiny"?  I just don't know, I'm confused.  The one thing I heard tonight and went, huh!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #343 on: November 12, 2011, 01:23:25 AM »

It's somewhat rough, but the interview at YouTube:

GN'R That Metal Show part 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/artbia#p/u/4/VGuXGFyWge4

GN'R That Metal Show part 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/artbia#p/u/3/x35sgD3qROs

GN'R That Metal Show part 3

http://www.youtube.com/user/artbia#p/u/2/1YyNdOq-u7g

GN'R That Metal Show part 4

http://www.youtube.com/user/artbia#p/u/1/tP-vxSFTP4E

GN'R That Metal Show part 5

http://www.youtube.com/user/artbia#p/u/0/DoSsVkYYVz8

Thanx a lot FunkyMonkey!  Kiss

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #344 on: November 12, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »

I just watched it and thought it was good.  I liked the Bumblefoot section and thought he came off really well.  Talked about the fans badgering him about Estranged lol   Axl said some pretty funny jokes that made me laugh out loud.   That is cool that he also mentioned Duff and Izzy maybe showing up at some point.  I think Eddie asked the right questions and Axl was pretty honest.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2011, 01:27:45 AM »

i just wish dj would have let axl talk some  Tongue

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #346 on: November 12, 2011, 02:29:21 AM »

in which part is live and let die
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #347 on: November 12, 2011, 03:14:12 AM »

in which part is live and let die

Part 4 at the begining.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #348 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:13 AM »

Will someone post the questions and answers?...........for the people that dont speak english as you guys..... Grin
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2011, 04:14:37 AM »

It's just me or Trunk looks like Y. Malmsteen in civilian clothes ?Cheesy
georgie_beans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:34 AM »

Cool interview. So good to see Axl do a TV interview.

I noticed 'Going Down' was included on the set list they filmed at the beginning, so hopefully we'll hear that at one of the upcoming shows.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #351 on: November 12, 2011, 04:59:03 AM »

great interview, i do think eddie etc have low IQs and missed alot of axl's subtle wit. but i think they asked the right questions, and i think it was fuckin' cool.

I lolled at "next time, thogh, if DJ would just, like not keep speaking over me"!! poor DJ
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2011, 05:12:23 AM »

Well, this interview was all about Axl and I think Dj knew it  ok ok
Trunk doesn't even try to answer something to ashba  Grin
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »

That was a great interview, loved it. I got it on DVD for posterity.

Could you upload it in a torrent or something, please, for non-US fans? Smiley

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2011, 06:45:54 AM »

A PITA VH1 block's foreign IP's !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »

It's always a pleasure to hear from Axl, he's very entertaining to listen to. The guy could probably talk about a Snickers bar and either make it funny or interesting. But! But! But! I have to say the interview was terrible. Anyone else notice that Trunk made the whole thing about Eddie Trunk? I mean, early on, when they were showing a montage of their travels and it momentarily held a shot of an airplane wing, I knew we weren't going to get the interview that we deserved. It came off as less about Axl than using him to push TMS. I get that to an extent, but the whole affair could have come off better. It should have been an hour of Axl, not 20 minutes of Axl and a lot of filler. I don't know, kill me, but I just could help having my wife laugh at me the whole time grousing that Trunk was making it all about himself and not the man that had us all tuning in to watch, listen, and be entertained by. I'll go back now and listen to the '06 radio interview to cleanse my palate. Oh, Sorry just come on my stereo mix. Awesome.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »

Curious what the Neilson Ratings will be for the Axl Episode..
Just got this from Eddie Trunks page:
11/11/11: just wanted to drop a note about tonights much anticipated premiere of the Axl Rose TMS Special. I have done press all week on radio and print talking about the special but some of the articles obviously take on the tone of the writer, and not always how it was said. Much has been made about the hour the interview happened. Yes it is true we were there a very long time and the interview took place between 5:30-7AM on 10/30/11, however we went there with no promise or set time to even get the interview. Axl told us a few times he was not aware this was something his reps had even set up for him to do. Yes it was late (early) and I would have personally been a little more fresh for an interview of this magnitude, but the idea Axl intentionally had us wait is not accurate. We got there so early because we shot footage with many people in the event we didnt get Axl. Maybe some of that footage will be seen later in a different show. Axl was willing to talk about everything with us and was very generous with his time when he finally did join us.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »

There's a little more on Eddie's blog.

The show was shot in HD, however VH1 Classic does not broadcast in HD. At some point another channel may air it in the VH1 family that will show it in that format. I have no control over where, when and how this show, or any TMS airs. I also have no control over the various internet laws that block it in some places.

There will be some music from the show that night in the special.

Axl requested new guitarist DJ Ashba sit with him during the interview. Thanks to DJ for being cool and joining us. We actually shot a solo interview with him I hope we can use at some pioint, but Axl for obvious reasons is the focus of the interview. We also spoke to Bumblefoot, various crew and band members, fans and more. Some will be seen, some maybe used another time. Again, this was about Axl once he joined us.

We were only asked by Axl's camp to not ask about an ioriginal reunion. The focus of the interview is about this version of the band that he feels strongly about and turned in a great performance. That being said, Axl does mention past members in the discussion.

I hope you guys enjoy this special and I thank Axl, all of GnR camp and crew, the Buckcherry guys (who opened), and all of our crew for a long but successful shoot. I will be on the air tonight from 11P-2A ET so if you want to call in and talk about it after it airs tune in and I'll take some calls. You can listen online at www.q1043.com or with the iheartradio app

And do not forget this is only one of 9 new shows coming your way. Our new season features Slash, Marilyn Manson, Brian Johnson and more! Full schedule on my site. Enjoy and thanks!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »

Very good quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG596SeKY0M&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5sAWI0GI5w&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTWYtnm_Y9k&feature=player_embedded

fishtifer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »

The whole show is on Demonoid, just search Axl Rose. That's how this Canadian is going to watch it....
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: