Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:26:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112638 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2011, 06:46:10 AM »

This is some serious journalism going on here.  Roll Eyes

I think the interview would be so much better without Eddie and his 2 buddies there.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:09:16 AM by Lara » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »

I think the interview would be so much better without Eddie and his 2 buddies there.

I just hope that Eddie lets Axl do the talking. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »

Well with all these samples we almost heard the whole thing  hihi

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »

I agree, his question asking is a little long winded at times. It's like "Dude, shut up! Axl Rose is sitting right there!!"

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2011, 11:50:10 AM »

This is some serious journalism going on here.  Roll Eyes

So who would be doing the interview then? Dj maybe :-)

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »

I agree, his question asking is a little long winded at times. It's like "Dude, shut up! Axl Rose is sitting right there!!"

That's what I was thinking. The asshole in me sometimes thinks he only wanted this interview to put himself in the spotlight.

Axl is God.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2011, 12:06:03 PM »

^Of course he did. Yet he's trying to sound like a huge fan and wastes so much precious time on kissing Axl's ass.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »

I kind of gotta agree with what some of you are saying considering that Trunk mentioned during his radio show last week that he didn't even watch the entire GN'R concert he was at.  I'm sorry, but film crew or not, I wouldn't allow anyone to stop me from seeing the entire concert, unless you didn't want to see it in the first place! 

Sometimes I feel it is all about Trunk, when I don't really even know who the guy is, other than he interviewed Axl once before.  Along with other things he mentioned on his show last week, borderline complaints, I just don't think he appreciated how lucky he really was to be able to do the interview. 

Also Trunk and this other guy mentioned money and not getting paid when joking about other things they have done in the past, which leads me to believe that he was paid the exact same amount as if he was just doing a regular VH1 show, his job btw.  Absolutely nothing to be disappointed about there, unless someone was hoping for a big check.

Regardless I'm really looking forward to the interview and hope to be able to see it soon!!  Respects..       

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »

I actually like Trunk's style, its hard work having a conversation when its all about asking questions, sometimes the interviewer needs to coax an answer from the interviewee... If Axl was put into a place where it was just "Who, when, why, where, what and how?" to every question without the human element to the conversation, the interview would last about half an hour.  This is a return to, what hopefully is the first of many interviews we are gonna hear, let this start begin in such a way that he'll open up some more at a later date.  love

Some of you guy seem to live on a "can't wait -won't wait" time scale, guess what, you need a little patience... smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

From what I've seen, they are asking good questions, Axl is the one who seems to be doing more of the kidding around

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »

The question about whether or not he felt outside pressure to put CD out, Axl laughed and kidded around at first, but finally admitted he did, which in the past he basically would say stuff like "wait for Jesus, I hear the payoff is better".

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2011, 01:03:03 PM »

I guess I should give Trunk the benefit of the doubt and see the whole interview first.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »

From what I gather, he has asked (that we know of ) so far, about if new music is coming out, what he thinks of Chinese Democracy today, why he comes out late, Hall of Fame, Izzy, was he able complete CD with blinders on and not feel pressure from public (which got the answer, surprisingly, he did, and read posts about it during the time)-and remember, TMS is geared toward more a general VH! audience-for example, Eddie is not going to ask about a new version of Silkworms, or why Oh My God is not on the setlist right now-I think they are actually asking great questions.

libertad
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »

how many hours left till the show?
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »

how many hours left till the show?

i don't know. like eddie trunk says "it's on axl time"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

AXL ROSE Explains GUNS N' ROSES' Concert Tardiness (Video) - Nov. 10, 2011

GUNS N' ROSES singer and sole original member Axl Rose taped an hour-long interview with VH1's "That Metal Show" following the band's show in Miami on October 29, the second of its newly launched U.S. tour. The talk will air on Friday, November 11 as part of VH1 Classic's "National Metal Day" and will also include a live performance of "Live And Let Die" from the Florida concert.

Several new preview video clips of the interview can be seen below.

When asked about GUNS N' ROSES' continual stage tardiness, with long waits for Axl just as much a definite at a the band's concert as hearing "Paradise City" or "Welcome To The Jungle", Rose said, "Well, [I'm] not complaining or [saying this] to be a wuss or whatever, but a lot of times, the day of show, for some reason, [that's when] things start going wrong. People are making mistakes ? you're making mistakes, they're making mistakes ? and nobody even knows why. It's like things that you go, 'Well, I should know this.' It's like everybody gets hit by A.D.D. or whatever. And so, you're trying to sort through that, and get yourself in the right headspace and physical, whatever, that you've got to work through? It's more like sports and having to play the big game. I think we're doing better as far as that goes [nowadays]."

He continued, "A lot of this goes way, way back, though, to 1991 when we were super-late going on stage. And that really more has to do with I should not have been on tour. I only went on tour because of three reasons. My manager had booked a tour without authorization ? he just booked a tour ? and then I'm gonna be sued for it. He was also telling me that if [then-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] Slash dies of [a] heroin [overdose], or whatever, it's my fault. And Slash pushing me. I should not have agreed to that tour, but I didn't know how to get out of it after it was booked. And the only thing that started cutting down the late times was when I realized it was really being hard on the crew. The band didn't care about me, so my head wasn't about them. The public, like I said, it was a different kind of violent crowd; it was a back-and-forth thing whether they wanted you to succeed or tear you apart. But the big thing was that the crew was having trouble, that was really supportive of me, and they weren't getting enough sleep. And I didn't want anybody getting hurt. And once that happened, I started getting myself? figuring out a way to get there sooner. But it was also about trying to get the album done, get the album out. There was a lot to what was going on there. And then, I lived right behind my school and I couldn't make it to the class in grade school. I had a job at the grocery store down the street and I'm running down the street with wet hair, trying to tie my tie, and a sandwich in one hand."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165942

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »

I'm having people over from about 6pm on to have some drinks, celebrate National Metal Day and hang out leading up to the interview airing at 11!

beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2011, 01:13:10 AM »

I'm having people over from about 6pm on to have some drinks, celebrate National Metal Day and hang out leading up to the interview airing at 11!

beer

then you're making them leave when it comes on haha
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »

Anybody know how we (people from outside America) can watch this live? It's not possible on their streaming @ their site Sad

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »

There's got to be a way to watch it outside the US.

Maybe justin.tv or things like that...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: