Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112260 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2011, 06:55:25 AM »

Could someone in the U.S. PLEASE capture this?

Also, it would be awesome if someone transcribe the interview so things would be easier for those who don't speak english and have to translate from english to spanish.

Can I count with some of you on here for that?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:02:12 AM by Ulises » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2011, 07:10:59 AM »

Please! I wanna see this too Lips Sealed

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:08 AM »

Also, it would be awesome if someone transcribe the interview so things would be easier for those who don't speak english and have to translate from english to spanish.

Can I count with some of you on here for that?

Thanks in advance.
I'm sure someone will put it on youtube, and there will be plenty of discussion going on covering everything that is said. I wouldn't worry about it.

I listened to Eddie's Sirius/XM show on Monday (when I finally got power back after 10 miserable days). On the late starts he said that people can and will feel however they want about it, but when Axl does take the stage it's well worth it. He puts all he has into the performance and plays for 3 hours or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »

^^ the people at vh1 tweeted guns to tell people to check out there facebook page for those who can`t access it from the countries outside the states, so hopefully between that and youtube we should be ok anyone on twitter should keep tweeting @vh1 to say we want to see it ok can`t wait 11/11/11@11 beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »

From Eddie Trunk to Rolling Stone:

Axl Rose
Interviewed On 'That Metal Show'

NOVEMBER 9, 2011

About two weeks ago, That Metal Show host Eddie Trunk got word from Axl Rose's new manager Peter Katsis that the Guns N' Roses frontman might be interested in appearing on the program. "It was all pretty loose," Trunk tells Rolling Stone. "They said, 'Well, we have a pretty good chance we can get Axl to you if Eddie's there and the crew is ready to go.' [VH1 Classic] was willing to roll the dice and give it a shot."

Trunk and the crew ? including co-hosts Don Jameson and Jim Florentine ? flew down to Miami, where G N' R would be performing, on October 29th. They arrived at American Airlines Arena at 3 p.m. and set up a set in the Miami Heat's dressing room. Axl arrived at around 8 p.m. and didn't take the stage until midnight, wrapping up the show at 3 a.m. "This whole time, there was a lot of conflicting information about whether or not the interview was going to happen," says Trunk. "So we interviewed the rest of the band, opening act Buckcherry and members of the crew so we'd definitely come back with a show, even if the Axl interview didn't work out."

At 5:45 a.m., Axl walked onto the set with new Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba. Trunk interviewed him for an hour and a half. "In a perfect world, with an interview of that magnitude, we'd like to be a little more fresh and not coming off 24 hours with no sleep," says Trunk. "But Axl was great. He was alert and awake. That's Axl time. He was in great spirits and friendly and much how I remember him from when I interviewed him on my radio show five years ago."

They covered a lot of ground during that 90 minutes. "He's still a staunch believer in Chinese Democracy," says Trunk. "He believes that the record is finding new fans and he feels that the material from that is going down better and better in the live show." Axl was less committal when asked about new music. "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

In this exclusive clip, Axl explains why he usually takes the stage so late.  "I think we?re doing better," he says.  "A lot of this goes way, way back to '91 when we were super late going onstage. That really has more to do with that I shouldn?t be on tour. I went on tour for three reasons, our manager had booked a tour without authorization and then I?m going to be sued for it. He also told me that if Slash does heroin, it?s my fault. And Slash is pressuring me. I should not have agreed to that tour."

Guns N' Roses are on this year's ballot for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If they get inducted, the ceremony is next April in Cleveland. "His attitude about that was, 'We'll see how it plays out if we're inducted. If that happens, we'll see what lineup of the band they like and what members they want and don't want,'" says Trunk. "He also said that he didn't know much about it. He did say that inducting Elton John back in 1994 was a big thrill for him. He took the whole thing as an honor and said, 'We'll see how it plays out.'"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/single/axl-rose-interviewed-on-that-metal-show-20111109#ixzz1dE3GNP41

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »

" Axl was less committal when asked about new music[/b]. "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

So much for the new record announcement everyone was sure about   rofl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »

" Axl was less committal when asked about new music[/b]. "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

yeah I never really understood where that certainty about a new record came from, I would be really shocked if there was a brand new album in the very near future.  They just started touring "Chinese" here in the states.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYGx7vM8HlI

edit : oops it was already posted, I don't delete it cause the quality is better here
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:21:02 PM by DeN » Logged

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »

Eddie's comments to Rolling Stone are interesting.  I was thinking the same thing...it will be nice to hear all this from Axl.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »

no new album coming to support the tour or new music from new album played live on the tour Cry
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »

They are tour supporting an album that came out 3 years ago. Logical right?

Nope.

They're just playing shows to be playing shows. Spreading the band to more people. It doesn't make a lot of sense compared to what most bands do, but whatever.

no
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2011, 03:31:11 PM »

Nope.

They're just playing shows to be playing shows. Spreading the band to more people. It doesn't make a lot of sense compared to what most bands do, but whatever.

no

They haven't toured the U.S. since the album came out in 2008.  It makes perfect sense, last show I saw they didn't play Sorry, Shackler's, This I love.  Being a fan I want to see those songs played and a couple new one's added to the setlist Don't Cry, Estranged.  When Guns is ready to put out a new album they will put one out, until then enjoy this North American Tour.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »

Nope.

no

chinese democracy was released in 2008. robin finck mysteriously left the band. chinese democracy song was released on radio. the only song i think played on radio stations. i haven't heard sorry or shackler's on radio yet. i respect the tour. i think there should be a new album in stores to support it. it's 2011. a new album, single, and music video should be out for the tour!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »

Nope.

no

They haven't toured the U.S. since the album came out in 2008.  It makes perfect sense, last show I saw they didn't play Sorry, Shackler's, This I love.  Being a fan I want to see those songs played and a couple new one's added to the setlist Don't Cry, Estranged.  When Guns is ready to put out a new album they will put one out, until then enjoy this North American Tour.

the problem is sorry, shackler's, and this i love is 2008 songs. not 2011 songs. this i love is a robin finck song. robin is out of the band. with don't cry and estranged, those are classic guns n roses songs from 1991. use your illusion 1 and 2. don't cry and estranged are not new guns n roses songs
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »

here we go again.......  Roll Eyes

Axl is God.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »

It`s billed as a greatest hits tour that`s why we`re getting epic 3 hour shows, i`m sure when the time is right we`ll hear new stuff ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »

It's not billed as anything other than North American tour. The first in five years.

Doesn't fucking matter if the album came out in 2008. A majority of the audiences attending the shows have not heard the songs from said album performed live.

Stop fucking whining.

It's silly.

The band is on tour playing amazing shows. They play the classics for the average rock fans, they play new stuff for the hardcore fans and throw in some fun stuff for everybody to enjoy.

What's the problem?

Further, I can't believe somebody feels the need to "hijack" a thread about the FIRST, soon to be televised, Axl interview in years to be about what songs the band plays.

Fucking pathetic. You choose to focus on that? Is it that important for you to have something to whine about?

Take your "problem" and take it somewhere else.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:28:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

Nope.

no

the problem is sorry, shackler's, and this i love is 2008 songs. not 2011 songs. this i love is a robin finck song. robin is out of the band. with don't cry and estranged, those are classic guns n roses songs from 1991. use your illusion 1 and 2. don't cry and estranged are not new guns n roses songs

This I love is actually a Axl Rose song, with Robin playing the solo.  Don't Cry and Estranged I meant are added new to the setlist since the last time I saw them.  Doesn't matter what year the song came out... they still haven't toured under their latest album.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2011, 04:44:37 PM »

Nope.

no

This I love is actually a Axl Rose song, with Robin playing the solo.  Don't Cry and Estranged I meant are added new to the setlist since the last time I saw them.  Doesn't matter what year the song came out... they still haven't toured under their latest album.

this i love feels like a robin song. feels robin put in a lot of time and effort in the studio making the solo. i'd like to know the complete story with this song with mr. robin finck. when axl performed this i love live before the u.s. tour in 2010.....he didn't talk about robin's contributions on the song

yeah. don't cry and estranged is added. but they're not new songs. they're classic songs. but not new under the chinese democracy era banner

axl's toured under the chinese democracy label in the usa and abroad in 2002, 2006, 2010, and 2011. this is the fourth tour under the chinese democracy 1 album

everyone thought a new album would come. a new tour. you think "new album." it's what the rolling stones always did. mick jagger did it for years for fans all over the planet. make sense?

it's not just hardcore fans. every fan would love to have a new record out for this tour. everybody who likes the band bought chinese democracy 1 at bestbuy. and with a new tour....they wanna go to stores and buy chinese democracy 2 tonight! all fans wanna do this. not just a select few. guns n roses is most popular band in the world. not just in a small town

it's surprising when eddie trunk asks about "new music" axl doesn't say there will be new music live or in stores soon!     
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:46:09 PM by buymoreguns » Logged
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »

What planet are you from? Haha. We would all like a new album. Yes. But it's not gonna happen anytime soon. We know this, we don't expect it to happen tomorrow. Christ, CD has only been out 3 years. That's like a weekend in Gn'R time. They are doing a highly successful tour. Playing songs and providing a stage show THAT HAVE NOT been shown to US audiences yet. Alright, I'm done commenting to you about "Chinese Democracy 2." I have to go pack to get ready to go see a couple rock shows from my favorite band. THAT'S what I'm excited about. Peace.

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: