Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112332 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2011, 11:47:23 PM »

Eddie says how he was at the arena for 15 hours, some details were a little hazy. Waited til 6AM.

"Got to be ready to be on Axl time" - Trunk of when Axl goes on.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »

Will broadcast a song or two from the live show!!

"Live and Let Die" to be played...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2011, 11:49:12 PM »

Live and Let Die will be on show

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »

Axl talking about his voice-exercises

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:35 PM »

Before and after show

libertad
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:38 PM »

A little snippet...

Clip 1: Trunk asking Axl about his voice.
Axl - "I had a good night. Not an anomaly but I did have a good night, taking care of my voice. Warm ups before, warm downs after."

Clip 2: Warm-up Process
Axl - "Everybody in this band has their own physical regimne. I do cardio when I can force myself to. You got to get your wind up, head in the right place to go out and do it." (asked about being discipline) "No...it's not just me. They're coming to me wanting to add more songs in the set - tell Frank no one asked!"

Take it for what it's worth, it's what I was able to type up while listening to it.

Can't wait for the full!! ok
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »

"tell frank nobody asked!"lol

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »

Not much-short clips-band came to him on this run asking to add songs

libertad
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »

good lord ... who coughed at the end of that first clip? sounded bad.  didn't Fernando tweet something about Axl having bronchitis? hope that wasn't Axl ... not that I wish anyone else ill but better it be one of them instead of him.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »

Anyone recorded those excerpts for those of us who don't live in the US? Thanks! Wink

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »

Anyone recorded those excerpts for those of us who don't live in the US? Thanks! Wink

Try 6 mins in.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8wpUMqpsA&feature=player_embedded  smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »

I stayed up to hear this last night, and I'm glad I did!  Eddie talked a bit about his trip down there and played album version of Chinese D.  They then played the clips from the VH-1 Classic interview.  He and Jim Florentine spoke glowingly about Axl's performance in Miami, and spoke about Axl being cool, down to earth, and funny.

I can't wait to see this interview.  Axl's not your typical hermit/recluse.  The guy's got such a killer sense of humor and ability to communicate thoughtfully and thoroughly...part of the reason in my opinion he's had so much shit thrown his way (with much of it sticking) has been his unwillingness to speak publicly.  I'm just glad he's finally starting to get out there again...hopefully it's not the only interview he'll do for another 5 years!   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »

Axl's not your typical hermit/recluse. 

You're right... Just cause he stays out of the media eye, doesn't mean he sits in his house by himself, hoarding everything...

He obviously has friends and family around him, and Eddie Trunk is not one of those
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »

Looking forward to see the interview & hope someone capture it... don't have VH1 here on my tele ;-)

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »

Looking forward to hearing the whole interview

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »

AXL ROSE's Interview With VH1 CLASSIC's 'That Metal Show'; Teaser Audio Clips Available - Nov. 5, 2011

GUNS N' ROSES singer and sole original member Axl Rose taped an hour-long interview with VH1's "That Metal Show" following the band's show in Miami on October 29, the second of its newly launched U.S. tour. The talk will air on Friday, November 11 as part of VH1 Classic's "National Metal Day" and will also include a live performance of "Live And Let Die" from the Florida concert.

On last night's (Friday, November 4) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Trunk ? who co-hosts "That Metal Show" ? talked about the interview and played a few teaser clips for listeners (hear audio in YouTube clip below).

After Trunk told Axl that he was impressed with the singer's performance throughout the three-hour set, calling Rose's vocals flawless and "spot on," Rose responded by saying, "I had a good night. It's not an anomaly, but I did have a good night, and I have been taking care of my voice. I do warm-ups before the show, I do warm-downs after the show, I do those religiously."

When asked about his pre-show rituals and preparations, Rose said, "Well, everybody in this band has their own physical regimen they have to go through . . . I do a lot of cardio when I can, or when I can force myself to. But yeah, you've got to get your wind up, and you've got to get your head in the right place and go out and do it."

Trunk also spoke about other vocalists who painted themselves into a corner by singing classic songs in a higher register and then having to perform them live 20 or 30 years later. "I did that with 'You Could Be Mine'," Axl admitted, before adding that "The first time I had to play that live, I was like, 'What did I do? What have I done, I have to sing this live now!'"

Rose was reportedly asked during the session about the band's possible induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, the chances of hearing new music, his notorious lateness at concerts, the current GUNS lineup and more.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165685

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2011, 03:41:36 PM »

possibility of hearing new music. hearing new music live? or hearing new music on a new guns n roses cd?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »

Just made sure my DVR was recording That Metal Show on 11-11-11 @11(PM)..Got the chills when the only description was "Axl Rose"!!!!But we have to wait until 11PM....Guess it wouldn't be Axl if it went on at 11AM..
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »

Just made sure my DVR was recording That Metal Show on 11-11-11 @11(PM)..Got the chills when the only description was "Axl Rose"!!!!But we have to wait until 11PM....Guess it wouldn't be Axl if it went on at 11AM..

i'll record live. in case there is a mistake. dvr makes mistakes. i hope new music means a new cd this year. live tour is great. what does it for me is new albums. i bought every rolling stone LP. i was pumped. hoping mick jagger would put out a new record. i'm hoping axl will do the same like mick and put out a new record this year! i hope it'll be announced in front of the world with eddie trunk on tms VH1 show! 
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »

How great would it be if VH1 Classic was black from 11-11:45, waiting for Axl to come on hihi
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: