Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112296 times)
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »

WOW. axl's first TV on camera interview since...i don't remember when

since MTV Video Music Awards in 2006 when he introduced The Killers maybe?

wasn't an on camera interview
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »

I just hope Axl doesn't see all the whiny bitchy Tweets from Trunk and decide to pull the interview.

Seriously, I have no idea how this guy *Trunk* is famous.  Worst/corniest shit I've ever seen. Hopefully Axl's interview is shown in its entirety.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 02:30:50 PM »

WOW. axl's first TV on camera interview since...i don't remember when

since MTV Video Music Awards in 2006 when he introduced The Killers maybe?

wasn't an on camera interview

last on camera interview i remember is from 2006 VMA's with John Norris.  Last proper sit down TV interview I remember is in the summer of 1992 for the GNR/Metallica Live and Loud Special on MTV with Tabitha Soren?  Can anyone think of one after this?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »

I just hope Axl doesn't see all the whiny bitchy Tweets from Trunk and decide to pull the interview.

Seriously, I have no idea how this guy *Trunk* is famous.  Worst/corniest shit I've ever seen. Hopefully Axl's interview is shown in its entirety.

I do this for a living, if those appearance releases were not signed before Trunk and his team left Florida someone will be fired.  There is the possibility that Axl would have final say on the edit, but if that were the case they would not have given an air date already.  Also having a say on the edit is very rare and would be an extra pain in the ass for Axl, I'm assuming he signed off on Trunk using whatever he wanted from the interview

Also you are right, I dont understand how this Trunk dude is famous, he is god awful, but at least he seems to get Axl to talk now and then, so thumbs up to him for that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:37:57 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »

Honestly, if Sebastian hadn't been in studio, that legendary interview would've been terrible and prob lasted 10 minutes. Trunk had terrible questions, He didn't GET some of Axl's brilliant humor/wit such as when he said Piazza played for the "Pirates" Trunk said, NO the padres.... Completely oblivious to a classic zinger

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

That's sorta what I've been trying to say (except for the 'pull the interview' part).

I 100% support and believe that every business decision Axl makes is what he believes, at the time, to be in the best interest of GNR "Incorporated" and his loyalty n' commitment to everyone and everything therein.

Obviously, sometimes I do not agree with those decisions but I totally understand that it is a business and that I don't know the entirety of the situation and, as in any business, sometimes you have to do things just because "the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few or the one."

Like I said, I 100% trust that Axl is doing what he believes to be best for GNR and us fans.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »

Honestly, if Sebastian hadn't been in studio, that legendary interview would've been terrible and prob lasted 10 minutes. Trunk had terrible questions, He didn't GET some of Axl's brilliant humor/wit such as when he said Piazza played for the "Pirates" Trunk said, NO the padres.... Completely oblivious to a classic zinger

yeah he is a big fan boy who gets lost in interviews sometimes and asks terrible questions.  But i have to give credit where credit is due, he flew to Florida last minute to get an interview that is almost impossible to get.  I'm sure it cost VH1 a pretty penny to do all that last minute and to have a crew on standby for however long it was, but it is the biggest musical "get" of the year.  It should do some great things for their show.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »

C'mon Eddie Sto Your complaining..Tell us what you thought of the concert!!!
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »

Ya i loved that !! got it right away , went right over Eddies head!! Also loved the "we invented splinda" comment and the Japanese Teatsy fly story !! good stuff, Eddie can come off as a corn ball , but credit to Florentine and Don Jamerson who have always given this current line up and Axl props!!  ok

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »

not a big fan of that metal show even thou i saw a cool episode with lars ulrich
but still pretty fucking awesome ! cant wait
hope they air the whole thing!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »

Really hope we get to see it in the uk mtv and vh1 are crap here never watch them vh1 just plays video`s it doesn`t have any programmes with interviews in them. So happy Axl agreed to do it the one thing you can predict about him is that he is unpredictable Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »

This episode sums the show and those guys up perfectly:

They were doing top 5 songs that mentioned the "Devil"  dude was wearing a Motley Shout At The Devil Tshirt and NO BODY had it in their top 5.

HELLO!! Oblivious

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2011, 05:30:44 PM »

IMO Eddie is lame interviewer, but I'm looking forward to it. After all, even when Axl is coughing it's interesting to me.  Tongue
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »

IMO Eddie is lame interviewer, but I'm looking forward to it. After all, even when Axl is coughing it's interesting to me.  Tongue

axl might start coughing after hearing some of questions asked of him lol but i think axl will listen to each question from the guys and answer in full detail
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this.  11.11.11!

And Eddie may not be the greatest interviewer, but I'm definitely interested in hearing about all of these topics which he tweeted they discussed.

R&R Hall, new music, his lateness, this lineup, playing with Duff (said Loaded will open shows) and more.

If they show the entire interview, this should be very good.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:51:39 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »

This episode sums the show and those guys up perfectly:

They were doing top 5 songs that mentioned the "Devil"  dude was wearing a Motley Shout At The Devil Tshirt and NO BODY had it in their top 5.

HELLO!! Oblivious

I remember that episode! i was thinking the same thing!

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »

I wanna know if he's dating anyone at the moment.  Grin
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »

@EddieTrunk
Eddie Trunk
"Tons of questions about Axl interview. He was in great spirits, wide awake at 6A (unlike us), & talked about everything. You will see 11/11"
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »

@EddieTrunk
Eddie Trunk
"Tons of questions about Axl interview. He was in great spirits, wide awake at 6A (unlike us), & talked about everything. You will see 11/11"

sounds like the full interview will take up the hour on vh1 and not just ten minutes of interview
lagr08
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2011, 11:36:51 PM »

@EddieTrunk
Eddie Trunk
Ah, a fellow nightowl, but I guess we already knew that.

KC: 2011
Portland: 2006
Tacoma: 2002
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: