Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112259 times)
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »

All Axl said was "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'" and we get all of this. hihi

Looking forward the interview and discussion. Cheesy

we'll see means like i don't know when new music's coming out or be performed live
Problem is, if DJ, Dizzy, Tommy, etc. say they have plenty of material and hope to put out another album soon, you get people complaining they shouldn't say anything unless it's certain.  Then you have a vague statement like "we'll see" and you just assume it's never going to happen.  Maybe they want to play it safe and not go through the decade long saga that went along with Chinese Democracy.

I get it, you want new music.  You want more albums, DVD's, interviews, music videos, etc.  GREAT!  Who wouldn't?  Obviously though, if you've been paying the slightest bit of attention over the years, things don't happen at a rapid pace with this band.  So my advice to you, enjoy what you have and stop bitching about what you don't.

from 1987-1992 things went at a rapid pace for guns n roses fans with new records, singles, music videos, interviews etc........
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

All Axl said was "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'" and we get all of this. hihi

we'll see means like i don't know when new music's coming out or be performed live
Problem is, if DJ, Dizzy, Tommy, etc. say they have plenty of material and hope to put out another album soon, you get people complaining they shouldn't say anything unless it's certain.  Then you have a vague statement like "we'll see" and you just assume it's never going to happen.  Maybe they want to play it safe and not go through the decade long saga that went along with Chinese Democracy.

I get it, you want new music.  You want more albums, DVD's, interviews, music videos, etc.  GREAT!  Who wouldn't?  Obviously though, if you've been paying the slightest bit of attention over the years, things don't happen at a rapid pace with this band.  So my advice to you, enjoy what you have and stop bitching about what you don't.

from 1987-1992 things went at a rapid pace for guns n roses fans with new records, singles, music videos, interviews etc........

it's 2011, time to move on...

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »

YEP.

So.... does anyone want to talk about the Trunk interview and the FOUR new clips released from it?

Ya know... rather than one person's same old same old opinions on GN'R?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »

If Axl doesn't want to commit to anything specific at this stage, which is perfectly understandable given the way his every comment is pounced upon and scrutinised by both fans and media, then that's his prerogative. He's always been very clear about making announcements only when the time is right. What excites me about this interview, and the positivity radiating from the live performances, is how enthusiastic he sounds about continuing to create new music and his commitment and determination to drive forward with the ongoing evolution of GN'R. I'll admit that there have been times over the past 5 years or so where I thought that CD might well have been the final offering, but I've never been so pleased to have been proved wrong by the way that its release and the subsequent touring schedule appear to have reinvigorated Axl and reignited the spark of musical genius that lies at the heart of the band. Credit must be given as well to the amazing group of musicians who have shouldered their share of the responsibility of bringing GN'R to a whole new audience. Their efforts are a huge part of the story and I'm glad that they're being recognised as such in the show reviews I've seen.

I'm looking forward to watching this interview immensely. It's been far too long since Axl in conversation graced my telly screen!  Cool

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01:35 PM »

the op said "things don't happen at a rapid pace with guns n roses." i'm letting the op know things did happen at a rapid pace with the band. it's a fact. the illusions took the world by storm. the you could be mine hit single. terminator 2 judgement day. arnold targeting axl for termination. a kick ass music video on MTV. one of my fav music vids ever! maybe the best. november rain did go on a pretty mean tear on MTV and television. november rain put thriller to rest. november rain was on a rapid pace in the rock community. use your illusion 1 and 2 was on a big time rapid pace in music and stores. everybody went to Tower and all other music stores to buy the illusions. a hott ticket. a hott item. hott cds. a rapid pace for fans. a wonderful rapid time for fans...................
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »

If Axl doesn't want to commit to anything specific at this stage, which is perfectly understandable given the way his every comment is pounced upon and scrutinised by both fans and media, then that's his prerogative. He's always been very clear about making announcements only when the time is right. What excites me about this interview, and the positivity radiating from the live performances, is how enthusiastic he sounds about continuing to create new music and his commitment and determination to drive forward with the ongoing evolution of GN'R. I'll admit that there have been times over the past 5 years or so where I thought that CD might well have been the final offering, but I've never been so pleased to have been proved wrong by the way that its release and the subsequent touring schedule appear to have reinvigorated Axl and reignited the spark of musical genius that lies at the heart of the band. Credit must be given as well to the amazing group of musicians who have shouldered their share of the responsibility of bringing GN'R to a whole new audience. Their efforts are a huge part of the story and I'm glad that they're being recognised as such in the show reviews I've seen.

I'm looking forward to watching this interview immensely. It's been far too long since Axl in conversation graced my telly screen!  Cool

hey. i respect what you say about axl with time being right. but in the 90's this wasn't the case. fans were comfortable. they knew illusions was coming out. there wasn't a doubt. what you describe with axl wanting to wait isn't how it was in the 90's. axl did lots of interviews in the 90's. the illusions came out at a rapid pace for fans

when it comes to recognizing musicians on the first chinese democracy album. i want that too. i'm looking for axl to recognize robin's efforts on songs like this i love live. robin should be recognized for this song. brain and bucket should be recognized live for songs like sorry and shackler's

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »

YEP.

So.... does anyone want to talk about the Trunk interview and the FOUR new clips released from it?

Good point, enough with the thread jacking.

Thanks for posting those new clips.  First I've seen them.  Can't WAIT for this interview.  Not that it'll be anything groundbreaking.  It'll just be cool to see, and who knows when/if we'll ever get to see something like this again.  So let's enjoy it.

Does anybody know, was DJ asked anything during this interview or was he just sitting there for moral support?  Not that it matters, just wondering.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2011, 08:18:08 PM »

YEP.

Good point, enough with the thread jacking.

Thanks for posting those new clips.  First I've seen them.  Can't WAIT for this interview.  Not that it'll be anything groundbreaking.  It'll just be cool to see, and who knows when/if we'll ever get to see something like this again.  So let's enjoy it.

Does anybody know, was DJ asked anything during this interview or was he just sitting there for moral support?  Not that it matters, just wondering.

Not that I've seen. But I wonder myself how much of the actual hour will be the Axl interview and how much will be the other stuff they taped.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »

Yeah they did say they taped a lot of other stuff, just in case they never got the interview with Axl.  But since they did score the sit down, I would think the majority of the time will be Axl.  The other stuff they can use for a bonus show, or going into or coming out of breaks.  They said they spoke to him for 90 minutes or so I believe, so I'm sure they'd want to use as much of that as they could.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »

Yeah they did say they taped a lot of other stuff, just in case they never got the interview with Axl.  But since they did score the sit down, I would think the majority of the time will be Axl.  The other stuff they can use for a bonus show, or going into or coming out of breaks.  They said they spoke to him for 90 minutes or so I believe, so I'm sure they'd want to use as much of that as they could.

That's what I'm hoping for too.

I've been kinda hoping that maybe not all the clips we've seen will be in the actual broadcast too. I read (on rollingstone.com I think) that the actual interview was 90 minutes so hopefully there's plenty of footage to show.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:35 PM »

I've been kinda hoping that maybe not all the clips we've seen will be in the actual broadcast too. I read (on rollingstone.com I think) that the actual interview was 90 minutes so hopefully there's plenty of footage to show.
Yeah, as evidenced by his pop in on Eddie's radio show, when Axl DOES sit down for an interview, he likes to talk.  He'll go on and on.  It's just a matter of getting him to agree to the interview.  I'm sure we won't be disappointed, well most of us at least.

buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »

Yeah, as evidenced by his pop in on Eddie's radio show, when Axl DOES sit down for an interview, he likes to talk.  He'll go on and on.  It's just a matter of getting him to agree to the interview.  I'm sure we won't be disappointed, well most of us at least.

maybe i shouldn't watch it. i know the answer to what new music really means. and it has me really upset
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »

hey. i respect what you say about axl with time being right. but in the 90's this wasn't the case. fans were comfortable. they knew illusions was coming out. there wasn't a doubt. what you describe with axl wanting to wait isn't how it was in the 90's. axl did lots of interviews in the 90's. the illusions came out at a rapid pace for fans

when it comes to recognizing musicians on the first chinese democracy album. i want that too. i'm looking for axl to recognize robin's efforts on songs like this i love live. robin should be recognized for this song. brain and bucket should be recognized live for songs like sorry and shackler's
I may be getting on a bit and my memory isn't what it was, but I can assure you that the wait for the Illusions albums had its fair share of uncertainties too. In the pre-internet days news was very hard to come by, here in the UK at any rate, and the future of the band was never a foregone conclusion. I don't want to sidetrack this thread any more than necessary but must challenge your statement that Axl did lots of interviews in the 90s. I think you'll find that he's always been pretty selective in this area.

And when I mentioned crediting the band, I was referring specifically to the current line-up and the chemistry between them that makes the live show such an amazing event. The previous band members were credited on the album, as was their right, but it's the present members who, in my opinion, are fulfilling the promise that was intimated on the album. This line-up brings drama and passion to all the material, old and new, and I can't remember when I've ever seen Guns perform better.

Like you, faldor, I was wondering whether Dj will get to talk, or whether they'll air the whole thing. Hope so as he's an interesting guy. Guess time will tell...

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »

I may be getting on a bit and my memory isn't what it was, but I can assure you that the wait for the Illusions albums had its fair share of uncertainties too. In the pre-internet days news was very hard to come by, here in the UK at any rate, and the future of the band was never a foregone conclusion. I don't want to sidetrack this thread any more than necessary but must challenge your statement that Axl did lots of interviews in the 90s. I think you'll find that he's always been pretty selective in this area.

And when I mentioned crediting the band, I was referring specifically to the current line-up and the chemistry between them that makes the live show such an amazing event. The previous band members were credited on the album, as was their right, but it's the present members who, in my opinion, are fulfilling the promise that was intimated on the album. This line-up brings drama and passion to all the material, old and new, and I can't remember when I've ever seen Guns perform better.

Like you, faldor, I was wondering whether Dj will get to talk, or whether they'll air the whole thing. Hope so as he's an interesting guy. Guess time will tell...

there was never a doubt illusions coming out. the gnr album which was doubtful was appetite. the rest was a slam dunk. i was on top of everything at the time. kurt loder was too. so was MTV

brain, bucket, and robin credited on the physical cd. but has axl credited each of them live? axl hasn't credited robin for this i love live yet. axl hasn't credited brain and bucket for songs axl does live in 2011 like sorry, shackler's, and the chinese democracy songs.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »

Axl gave plenty of credit, love, etc. to Robin, Bucket, Brain in his online chats.  I doubt he'll ever do so in a live setting.  Why would he?  To please YOU and 5 other people.  Doesn't make any sense.

Seriously, why are we talking about this?  It has NO relevance to the topic at hand.  Make your own thread about Robin being disrespected if you wish.

buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:03 PM »

Axl gave plenty of credit, love, etc. to Robin, Bucket, Brain in his online chats.  I doubt he'll ever do so in a live setting.  Why would he?  To please YOU and 5 other people.  Doesn't make any sense.

Seriously, why are we talking about this?  It has NO relevance to the topic at hand.  Make your own thread about Robin being disrespected if you wish.

talking about it cause maybe it's a topic eddie trunk brings up with axl on TV. or maybe axl talks about robin in the interview

maybe eddie looks at dj and asks about mr. robin finck. asks axl why robin isn't here with him for the interview

live credit during a concert is what does it for me. when axl first performed this i love live. no mention of robin. no talk or credit. brain and bucket didn't get live credit either for songs axl does on the tour

where's the love?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:23:18 PM by buymoreguns » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »

talking about it cause maybe it's a topic eddie trunk brings up with axl on TV. or maybe axl talks about robin in the interview

live credit during a concert is what does it for me. when axl first performed this i love live. no mention of robin. no talk or credit. brain and bucket didn't get live credit either for songs axl does on the tour

where's the love?
That's fine if it works for you, but the other thousands of people in attendance would be saying "who the F cares?"  He's not playing these shows for just you.  And how about we just wait 2 more days to find out what is discussed during the interview instead of speculating on what might be. 

buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:50 PM »

where's the love?
That's fine if it works for you, but the other thousands of people in attendance would be saying "who the F cares?"  He's not playing these shows for just you.  And how about we just wait 2 more days to find out what is discussed during the interview instead of speculating on what might be. 

i'm speculating because with everything previewed and leaked, it doesn't look good for the main thing i'm looking for which is new music. i have bad vibes from what eddie has told spin and rolling stone about it.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2011, 10:27:19 PM »

this is a why i don't have good vibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQ-Mc2b68M&feature=player_embedded

axl asks "what does that mean?" with putting out a new album. it means for the fans to enjoy another new album of guns n roses music. it's time for a record of new music. live show is great. tv interview is cool. but it's about new records. the rolling stones put out 29 new records for the fans. mick jagger did it all. i wish axl would know it means to put out new records. there was no problem with axl putting out records from 1987-1993. during that period.....appetite, lies, illusions, and spaghetti comes out. 5 records during a short period. then a black out. until 2008 chinese democracy comes. watching this clip....you get the feeling it's going to be another black out. another long wait like chinese democracy was. i don't get positive vibes from these clips about records. do you get positive vibes? i'm not feeling the good vibes 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »

What I think he means is....by people saying "put out an album"
  He's happy that people want music from him...but at the same time, these people are telling the artist to put music out.  "What does that mean?". Are people telling me that I "Must" put out music or they won't like me? 

Its up to the artist, not the people

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: