Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and GN'R on VH1's That Metal Show 11.11.11 (was: So Eddie Trunk's in FL)  (Read 112253 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »

They are tour supporting an album that came out 3 years ago. Logical right?

Nope.

They're just playing shows to be playing shows. Spreading the band to more people. It doesn't make a lot of sense compared to what most bands do, but whatever.

no

They haven't toured the U.S. since the album came out in 2008.  It makes perfect sense, last show I saw they didn't play Sorry, Shackler's, This I love.  Being a fan I want to see those songs played and a couple new one's added to the setlist Don't Cry, Estranged.  When Guns is ready to put out a new album they will put one out, until then enjoy this North American Tour.

the problem is sorry, shackler's, and this i love is 2008 songs. not 2011 songs. this i love is a robin finck song. robin is out of the band. with don't cry and estranged, those are classic guns n roses songs from 1991. use your illusion 1 and 2. don't cry and estranged are not new guns n roses songs

This I love is actually a Axl Rose song, with Robin playing the solo.  Don't Cry and Estranged I meant are added new to the setlist since the last time I saw them.  Doesn't matter what year the song came out... they still haven't toured under their latest album.

this i love feels like a robin song. feels robin put in a lot of time and effort in the studio making the solo. i'd like to know the complete story with this song with mr. robin finck. when axl performed this i love live before the u.s. tour in 2010.....he didn't talk about robin's contributions on the song

yeah. don't cry and estranged is added. but they're not new songs. they're classic songs. but not new under the chinese democracy era banner

axl's toured under the chinese democracy label in the usa and abroad in 2002, 2006, 2010, and 2011. this is the fourth tour under the chinese democracy 1 album

everyone thought a new album would come. a new tour. you think "new album." it's what the rolling stones always did. mick jagger did it for years for fans all over the planet. make sense?

it's not just hardcore fans. every fan would love to have a new record out for this tour. everybody who likes the band bought chinese democracy 1 at bestbuy. and with a new tour....they wanna go to stores and buy chinese democracy 2 tonight! all fans wanna do this. not just a select few. guns n roses is most popular band in the world. not just in a small town

it's surprising when eddie trunk asks about "new music" axl doesn't say there will be new music live or in stores soon!     

You going to any of these shows Huh 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »

You seem to assume Axl is stupid.

He knows that everything he says will be picked apart and analyzed. If he even hints at new material being planned for release, some will start the "count down" to its release.

"He promised a new album soon" and so on will also follow.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »

What planet are you from? Haha. We would all like a new album. Yes. But it's not gonna happen anytime soon. We know this, we don't expect it to happen tomorrow. Christ, CD has only been out 3 years. That's like a weekend in Gn'R time. They are doing a highly successful tour. Playing songs and providing a stage show THAT HAVE NOT been shown to US audiences yet. Alright, I'm done commenting to you about "Chinese Democracy 2." I have to go pack to get ready to go see a couple rock shows from my favorite band. THAT'S what I'm excited about. Peace.

i'm on planet earth. i agree with you. it's a cool tour. but at the same time it would be cool to have an album out. hey. mick jagger put out record after record after record. so did the beatles. aerosmith. big legendary rock bands. they always put out records. they toured with new records out in stores. this is rock n' roll. how rock n' roll bands have been successful in mainstream music here in the states. makes sense for axl to do what mick jagger did before him. put out a fresh record of new music and tour the world! the rolling stones did it. pink floyd did it. metallica did it. U2 did it. it's what Elton John does! in fact, elton john debut a new song at this year's rio! elton introduced a new song! i think it be rockin' rollin' if axl like elton plays new songs live. introduces new songs on the tour. while at the same time releases a new album. it's what everybody else in rock n' roll is doing. lenny kravitz does it too. all the big rock names do!   
molinari
Opening Act

« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »

yes, and Axl knew in 2002 that CD is coming up in 2008. There is always something to bitch about isnt it? People wanted NA tour, they got one, people wanted Estranged in set list, they got it. I bet if Axl put like 4 new songs in the setlist u will bitch about not hearing Rocket Queen or Live and let Die.
the same shit every year with every thing going on in GNR
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »

From another interview with Eddie Trunk on his chat with Axl.  At least I think it is...he's done so many of these I'm loosing track. hihi

EDDIE TRUNK TEASES AXL ROSE INTERVIEW: FORMER GN?R MEMBERS, TARDINESS + MORE

Eddie Trunk and VH1 Classic?s ?That Metal Show? nailed the mother of all interviews when they sat down with press-shy Guns N? Roses frontman Axl Rose, who had not granted a televised interview in a decade.? We checked in with Trunk about the sit down with Axl ? we know, that sounds so very ?Godfather? ? and he gave us an inkling of what to expect (no reunion talk, humor regarding his notorious tardiness, his positive energy about the band in 2011 and more) when the episode airs on a special time and date, which is this Friday, Nov. 11, at 11PM ET on VH1 Classic.

When you finally got face time with Axl, it was 6 AM.

That?s Axl time.

I know. His world. We live in it. Were you ever at your boiling point, like ?Eff this? or did you think, ?We gotta hold on and see if we get him?? Since by 6 AM, I can imagine you were petty cranky and fatigued by waiting so many hours.

I?d be lying if I didn?t say I was ready to pack it in a couple of times, but I was not mad at Axl. I was not ?Eff this guy.? There was lots of conflicting information. We went there without a firm commitment. It was something we were told by his people ? that if you come, there is a chance you could get him to sit down. We were never given a time. It was very loose. The network felt it was worth taking a shot.

Axl and I have history. Five years ago, he walked into my radio show. We were ready to go for this interview from 3 PM on. We were ready to go at 3:30 or 5:30, whenever. The only thing that would have gotten us to leave was if he left. When he went onstage at midnight and played a three-hour set, the minute he took the stage, I turned to everyone in the crew and said, ?This is not going to happen tonight.?

Why? Axl seems like a night owl?

This could be the last thing he is going to do. He likes to go out, hit South Beach. I thought, ?If we don?t get him before he goes onstage ? we won?t.? But credit my producer Jeff, who was not giving it up. We were going to stay until were were told he had left the building!

Waiting for the ?Gentlemen, Axl has left the building? declaration, Elvis Presley-style!

When he got offstage at 3, some of the guys in the band that I know were texting, ?He is still here, having a drink, winding down.? I kept hearing, from his camp, that he didn?t know that we?re here. So communication was blurry.

Was any topic off limits with him? Did you have to submit a list of questions? Did you have any leeway with him or your line of questioning?

There was nothing we could not talk about with the exception that someone requested we did not ask about reunion tours. The reason being ? and I get this ? the fact that Axl really feels he is into this lineup of the band. He feels this is a great time for this version of the band and is optimistic about how this band is sounding, the connection and fun they are having. They feel it is disrespectful to those guys, the minute he sits down, to ask, ?Reunion? Reunion? Reunion?? He wanted to show where he is today instead of dwelling on past. We respected that.

He might have stormed off if you asked about it and then you?d get nothing.

There really was enough to talk about! The thing that should not get lost is that his band was really good. If the show sucked, he sucked or the band sucked, we would have to have asked about the reunion. He is in a good place and it was he who brought up old members of Guns N? Roses. He was positive and reflective about them, and excited about what he is doing now!

Did he share anything super revelatory?

The thing I took away the most is that he is into this version of the band. He is a misunderstood guy. I asked him about going on so late, and he joked how that has been a 20-year problem, and even referred back to him being a child, working next door to where he grew up, and couldn?t get there on time, either! People will get the feeling that he feels good about new management he has. He feels good about this band. He feels that ?Chinese Democracy? has settled in. And his crowd is now a lot of young people, and that is the case outside of America. How the music has turned over is interesting when it comes to him.

http://loudwire.com/eddie-trunk-teases-axl-rose-interview/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »

You seem to assume Axl is stupid.

He knows that everything he says will be picked apart and analyzed. If he even hints at new material being planned for release, some will start the "count down" to its release.

"He promised a new album soon" and so on will also follow.

/jarmo

axl isn't stupid. but i remember in the 90's axl released the illusions and then toured. the november rain music video was taking MTV and TV by storm. the november rain and you could be mine singles were tearing up the charts. terminator 2 judgement day. arnold. MTV movie awards. guns n roses made the rolling stone magazine cover. axl did talk shows. they performed at award shows. MTV vma. ama. freddie mercury tribute concert. live in paris. arsenio hall. guns n roses was rocking n rolling in the 90's. the illusions debut #1 and #2 at same time. selling millions of records here and abroad. guns n roses was on fire! i wish axl would do this under guns n roses in 2011!  
molinari
Opening Act

« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »

[/quote]

axl isn't stupid. but i remember in the 90's axl released the illusions and then toured. the november rain music video was taking MTV and TV by storm. the november rain and you could be mine singles were tearing up the charts. terminator 2 judgement day. arnold. MTV movie awards. guns n roses made the rolling stone magazine cover. axl did talk shows. they performed at award shows. MTV vma. ama. freddie mercury tribute concert. live in paris. arsenio hall. guns n roses was rocking n rolling in the 90's. the illusions debut #1 and #2 at same time. selling millions of records here and abroad. guns n roses was on fire! i wish axl would do this under guns n roses in 2011!  
[/quote]

yes, 20 years ago, wake up. I reckon there were some problems with illusion albums as well.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »

yes, and Axl knew in 2002 that CD is coming up in 2008. There is always something to bitch about isnt it? People wanted NA tour, they got one, people wanted Estranged in set list, they got it. I bet if Axl put like 4 new songs in the setlist u will bitch about not hearing Rocket Queen or Live and let Die.
the same shit every year with every thing going on in GNR

if it was really known...nothing was said in 2002 about chinese democracy. they performed the mtv vma 2002. brain, bucket, and robin on fire at the mtv vma with guns n roses in 2002. but management didn't say a record was coming. great performance. one of the best. axl, robin, bucket, tommy, richard, reed, pittman, and brain. guns n roses!

i would love 4 new songs. that would be awesome. is axl gonna play 4 new songs on this tour?

be freakin' awesome...get me STOKED!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2011, 05:11:10 PM »

yes, 20 years ago, wake up. I reckon there were some problems with illusion albums as well.

there wasn't anything reported on tv, printed in newspaper or anywhere the illusions had problems. geffen gave a deadline. the albums came out on time. everyone was waiting around the block at Tower Records at midnight to buy the illusions. Kurt Loder was ready and on the scene. live MTV coverage. you could be mine single smoking the charts. terminator 2 judgement day. arnold. arnold. terminators. guns n roses blazin' fires all over. guns hott! guns n' fucking roses!
molinari
Opening Act

« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »

"i would love 4 new songs. that would be awesome. is axl gonna play 4 new songs on this tour?"
there u go, that exactly what would happen if Axl said anything.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2011, 05:13:50 PM »

there u go, that exactly what would happen if Axl said anything.

in 1991 axl didn't say anything and i went into Tower Records at MIDNIGHT and bought Use Your Illusion 1 and 2! fucking great night buying new guns n roses albums!   
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »

All Axl said was "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'" and we get all of this. hihi

Looking forward the interview and discussion. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »

All Axl said was "When I asked him about a new record he just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'" and we get all of this. hihi

we'll see means like i don't know when new music's coming out or be performed live
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »

I understand him going on late, I've been to 4 GNR concerts, but he danced around the question, going back to 1991, and kind of blaming Slash, and yet another tour he was "talked" into-he also said he was talked into the 2002 tour, talked into releasing the Illusion albums early-I like Axl, and this lineup, but he needs to stop blaming everyone else for past tour problems.

libertad
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »

Dude I think you need to stop posting.  

UYI was delayed multiple times for well over a year.  

That was a different incarnation of the band.  Regardless of your opinion of the lineups, that band sold more tickets to shows at that time.  They were still a young band.  

Guns N Roses 2011 is an amazing lineup, but is in a stage of their careers where they are both playing new music and music from 25 years ago.  Any new music is amazing, but the timing isn't nearly as important.  Aerosmith hasn't put out an album in 10 years, does that make them any different? They've toured every year since Just Push Play (honking on bobo doesn't count) without new material.

Back on topic, can't wait to hear the whole interview.

Mike
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »

Dude I think you need to stop posting.  

UYI was delayed multiple times for well over a year.  

That was a different incarnation of the band.  Regardless of your opinion of the lineups, that band sold more tickets to shows at that time.  They were still a young band.  

Guns N Roses 2011 is an amazing lineup, but is in a stage of their careers where they are both playing new music and music from 25 years ago.  Any new music is amazing, but the timing isn't nearly as important.  Aerosmith hasn't put out an album in 10 years, does that make them any different? They've toured every year since Just Push Play (honking on bobo doesn't count) without new material.

Back on topic, can't wait to hear the whole interview.

hey. how many albums did mick jagger release with the rolling stones? answer is 29 albums

how many albums did axl release with slash and robin? answer is 6!

mick released 29. axl released 6.

how many live albums did mick release? mick released 10. axl 1!

how many best of or greatest hits for mick? answer is 31! axl 1!

axl rose was said to be the next mick jagger. guns n roses was gonna be the next rolling stones. the rolling stones released albums and toured. what axl has on mick is more MTV music videos!

in 2008....robin finck was out of the band. axl hasn't told us why. it's 2011. when axl did this i love in 2010 on a international tour.....axl talked about what he called "a stupid wind part" but never mentioned or talked about robin's efforts on this i love when this i love was first performed live. robin put in the time and effort on the solo. robin spent years in the studio with axl rose recording the this i love solo. robin's efforts are not talked about live at a guns n roses live show?

it's about new music. new music in stores. new music live. when the rolling stones toured...they only perform their classic hits catalogs mainly? no. mick jagger performed new music live. when a new album was in stores at the same time

this is rock n' roll....rock n' roll i wish axl would apply with the band in 2011!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:29:35 PM by buymoreguns » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2011, 07:27:36 PM »

we'll see means like i don't know when new music's coming out or be performed live

You never responded to my question when I asked if you're going to any of the shows.  If you complain about songs, new material, and don't go, then maybe you shouldn't complain at all.  These people who go to the shows want to hear those songs.  

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH

No one cares about your posts insulting GN'R and Axl even if they're thinly veiled as supposedly caring about the future success of GN'R.

Can one of the leadership members here please cut this clown off so we can keep discussing Axl's interview on That Metal Show??

Speaking of which, there's even more sneak peak clips up now at:
http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/708799/that-metal-show-season-9-episode-1-axl-rose-misconceptions-sneak.jhtml#id=1673987

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »

You never responded to my question when I asked if you're going to any of the shows.  If you complain about songs, new material, and don't go, then maybe you shouldn't complain at all.  These people who go to the shows want to hear those songs.  

well. fair question. i saw them in usa for 2002 chinese democracy tour. saw the chinese democracy show again in 2006. i saw them overseas for another chinese democracy tour in 2010. i've seen axl live on the chinese democracy tour many times. i saw axl back in the 80's perform live at the roxy. i saw axl kickin' ass in the 90's with the stadium shows.

i haven't seen axl in 2011 live yet. reasons are brain, robin, and bucket out of the band. robin's departure hasn't been explained. when axl does this i love live in 2011....he doesn't talk about or mention robin. when it was robin who put it in blood, sweat, and tears on that solo for years in the studio. i'm not a big fan of dj ashba or nikki sixx. before this year...i didn't really know who dj ashba was. didn't know until axl introduced him on stage. bumblefoot is all right. i can tell he's dedicated on stage. especially with estranged. but i feel the best lineup for guns n roses live under chinese demoracy banner was brain, bucket, and robin. the album should've come out in 2002. before the mtv vma. feels a big missed opportunity. i think about it a lot. i've seen axl do chinese democracy show in the past. i don't know. if a new album was out. or a single. a music video on FUSE. or if i knew for sure new music would be played...i might buy a ticket! i've seen axl do this a lot. you know. i'm waiting for a new record and new music first!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »

Problem is, if DJ, Dizzy, Tommy, etc. say they have plenty of material and hope to put out another album soon, you get people complaining they shouldn't say anything unless it's certain.  Then you have a vague statement like "we'll see" and you just assume it's never going to happen.  Maybe they want to play it safe and not go through the decade long saga that went along with Chinese Democracy.

I get it, you want new music.  You want more albums, DVD's, interviews, music videos, etc.  GREAT!  Who wouldn't?  Obviously though, if you've been paying the slightest bit of attention over the years, things don't happen at a rapid pace with this band.  So my advice to you, enjoy what you have and stop bitching about what you don't.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: