Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:35:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR film soundtrack?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR film soundtrack?  (Read 5612 times)
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »

It is a real song but i dont think we are allowed to say why, i put something on here last night about how we know its a real tune that was taken down , my apologies to jarmo i didnt realise
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »

cant wait to hear this song! Going down.. the title reminds me of a Bruce Springsteen song

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »

hopefully this pans out, i love when bands put random singles out...i remember when" Oh my God" came out its all i listened to for months.
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »

a few days ago it also listed former Misfits vocalist Michale Graves as part of the cast, that page has been edited ALOT in the past few weeks listing all kinds of goofy stuff which is probably due to the 2nd movie just coming out and having alittle hype behind it
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »

It is a real song but i dont think we are allowed to say why, i put something on here last night about how we know its a real tune that was taken down , my apologies to jarmo i didnt realise
Interested in hearing what you had to say if you could PM me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »

Interested in hearing what you had to say if you could PM me.
not sure about the song appearing on this soundtrack, but I am in the camp of believing "Going Down" is indeed a real song. It was on the setlist that Rock In Rio provided. They provided setlists for every act that played and SOAD followed their setlist to a T. GNR obviously had a delay and weather to contend with, so maybe they originally planned on playing the setlist Rio provided. In fact, the broadcast mistakenly flashed "There Was A Time" on the screen when it was "supposed" to be played. I just don't see why Rio would make up a song and throw it into a setlist, or why GNR would provide Rio with a fake setlist. That doesn't make any sense to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »

IMO the song is real, but as far as it being released for a movie that wont be out until 2013 i don't see it happening.

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 09:12:22 AM »

As if 'The Human Centipede' could afford a GN'R song. The song would cost more than their entire budget.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »

As if 'The Human Centipede' could afford a GN'R song. The song would cost more than their entire budget.
And their budget is lower than "The Wrestler"? That was minute, but they still got a song. Ok an existing song, but nonetheless, the same issues apply.....

It's sometimes a case of who you know  Wink

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »

And their budget is lower than "The Wrestler"? That was minute, but they still got a song. Ok an existing song, but nonetheless, the same issues apply.....

you also have to factor in Darren Aronofsky is a respected director and Tom Six isn't.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »

you also have to factor in Darren Aronofsky is a respected director and Tom Six isn't.

Of course you have.  But without knowing this is relievent to Axl its all speculation. If he was a fan of the film, then it wouldn't be out of the question, that's all I'm saying. It's a story that's so off the wall, I could see him being impressed, convention and conformity forms no part of his agenda...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »

Of course you have.  But without knowing this is relievent to Axl its all speculation. If he was a fan of the film, then it wouldn't be out of the question, that's all I'm saying. It's a story that's so off the wall, I could see him being impressed, convention and conformity forms no part of his agenda...
I was more talking about the comparison between the movies The Wrestler and The Human Centipede. The Wrestler had a bigger budget somewhere around 6 million, some people with alittle name value, and a respected director and then The Human Centipede movies are low budget horror made for around 1.5 million each that don't even have soundtracks or any music in them other than stock score type of material. The Wrestler had more things going for it to get songs than The Human Centipede series. Like you were saying the only way I see the 3rd one getting any music is if somebody is just a big fan of it.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »

The Wikipedia entry doesn't even have a source.

Also, Bumble apparently confirmed in one of his live chats, that this song is a cover. That makes this even more unlikely - not going to happen (for so many reasons).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIptI2rcjg&feature=player_embedded#!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:30:48 PM by Axl8302 » Logged

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: