Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NHL 2011/2012 Season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2011/2012 Season  (Read 102904 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2012, 04:44:13 AM »

Yay Kings.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2012, 04:48:35 AM »

Ok NBC sports, calling Quick the best goalie in the NHL based on this playoff run is a bit silly. Yes he's been spectacular this postseason but neither he or the the kings were great during the regular season. He's gonna have to play this good a lot more then 17 games before he's considered as good as guys like Brodeur and Lundqvist.

And...

Ahhh man, Timothy.  You're a top guy.  Much respect to you.  But I'm going to have to insult you right now.

IDIOT!  You definitely didn't watch a single ding-danged Kings game during the regular season.  If you did, you would know that Quick BY HIMSELF got this team into the playoffs.  Singlehandedly!  He stood on his head for 82 games!  The team was so bad that ONE goal was enough to beat the Kings.  The man has been a brick wall all year long.

Well shit, he's definitely better than Brodeur and Lundqvist THIS year!

No one is saying that Quick is the best goalie ever.  He needs to win a few more Cups for that to happen, but he has monster, absolutely monster numbers this year and this postseason.

LOL, LeBron is better than Michael Jordan.  And Kobe Bryant. OK now....

Is game 4 a MUST win for the Devils too?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »

better than brodeur yes, hank? no. quick has surely been a beast but no king.

for career, no one will ever beat brodeur's stats. just imagine if it wouldn't have been for the lockout shortened season 94-95 or the no-season of 04-05. he would've had over 700 wins. then there's loads of more stats.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »

better than brodeur yes, hank? no. quick has surely been a beast but no king.

for career, no one will ever beat brodeur's stats. just imagine if it wouldn't have been for the lockout shortened season 94-95 or the no-season of 04-05. he would've had over 700 wins. then there's loads of more stats.

Nearly identical numbers and one win away from the unthinkable while Hank is playing golf somewhere.  I would say Quick has been the best this year.  Wink
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »

Ok NBC sports, calling Quick the best goalie in the NHL based on this playoff run is a bit silly. Yes he's been spectacular this postseason but neither he or the the kings were great during the regular season. He's gonna have to play this good a lot more then 17 games before he's considered as good as guys like Brodeur and Lundqvist.

And...

Ahhh man, Timothy.  You're a top guy.  Much respect to you.  But I'm going to have to insult you right now.

IDIOT!  You definitely didn't watch a single ding-danged Kings game during the regular season.  If you did, you would know that Quick BY HIMSELF got this team into the playoffs.  Singlehandedly!  He stood on his head for 82 games!  The team was so bad that ONE goal was enough to beat the Kings.  The man has been a brick wall all year long.

No one is saying that Quick is the best goalie ever.  He needs to win a few more Cups for that to happen, but he has monster, absolutely monster numbers this year and this postseason.

LOL, LeBron is better than Michael Jordan.  And Kobe Bryant. OK now....

Is game 4 a MUST win for the Devils too?

I wasn't saying that they said he was the best ever. They simply said he was the best in the league and that is just silly. There's no doubt he had a tremendous year and CheapJon is right. The numbers are nearly identical for this season. He's had one spectacular year. Until this year he was good but nothing special. Lundqvist has been putting up numbers like that since he entered the league and had a few seasons where he alone got the rangers in the playoffs like Quick did for his team this year. If Quick puts up numbers like this for the next several years i'll say he's the best in the league. He's certainly been the best in these playoffs but until he can prove he can play like this for more than a season he's not the best in the league. Hell earlier in the playoffs those idiots were saying Lundqvist is the best now they are saying Quick?

Well obviously it is. If they lose again they go home crying. Which will make me very happy.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »

On another note. It appears Marion Gaborik has a torn labrum and will be out six months. That puts him out until Janurary at least. That would explain his struggles during the postseason. He apparently played through it. Someone is gonna have to step up until he is back. Hopefully this gives us a chance to let another young kid have a shot.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »

Damn Devils. I guess i shouldn't be surprised the Kings get another chance to win another series on the road.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »

1 down 3 to go, still alive!  Yeah the Kings don't like winning series at home this year for some reason.  The Devils have also never been swept in 43 playoff series.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:49:46 PM by Bodhi » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2012, 03:31:44 AM »

1 down 3 to go, still alive!  Yeah the Kings don't like winning series at home this year for some reason.  The Devils have also never been swept in 43 playoff series.

They don't like game 4 either apparently. They've lost 3 of the 4. I still think the Kings are gonna win it and probably in game 5.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »

They don't like game 4 either apparently. They've lost 3 of the 4. I still think the Kings are gonna win it and probably in game 5.

I don't know about that, the Devils appear to be very focused now:  http://deadspin.com/5916449/new-jersey-devils-coach-peter-deboer-will-not-be-distracted

I actually saw that on TV as it happened and couldn't tell if it was real or a poster or something.  So I kept rewinding on the DVR to get a better look and then missed the Kings' tying goal. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »

I don't know about that, the Devils appear to be very focused now:  http://deadspin.com/5916449/new-jersey-devils-coach-peter-deboer-will-not-be-distracted

I actually saw that on TV as it happened and couldn't tell if it was real or a poster or something.  So I kept rewinding on the DVR to get a better look and then missed the Kings' tying goal. 

Focused or not the odds aren't in their favor. Only one team has ever come back from 3-0 in the Cup Finals.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2012, 09:12:32 PM »

Boo Kings.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »

Focused or not the odds aren't in their favor. Only one team has ever come back from 3-0 in the Cup Finals.

Well, the Kings are the Cubs of baseball, so if anyone can fail and fail so hard, it's the Kings!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »

Well, the Kings are the Cubs of baseball, so if anyone can fail and fail so hard, it's the Kings!

They just haven't been good in game 4 this postseason for whatever reason. Its like they enjoy clinching on the road. I'd love to see them skate the cup around Jersey's ice.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »

I'd love to see them skate the cup around Jersey's ice.

Of course you would, skating around Jersey's ice is about as close as that cup is getting to Madison Square Garden anytime soon, only about 10 miles...  hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »

Of course you would, skating around Jersey's ice is about as close as that cup is getting to Madison Square Garden anytime soon, only about 10 miles...  hihi

LOL that was low man. You can dislike all the rangers all you wan but you can't deny that's a good young team there that should be good for a long time.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »

Damnit LA you've let a dangerous team back in the series.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2012, 03:25:05 AM »

Boo Kings.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2012, 03:25:47 AM »

On another note, Slava Voynov is the leading goal scorer for the Devils!  rofl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »

LOL that was low man. You can dislike all the rangers all you wan but you can't deny that's a good young team there that should be good for a long time.

haha just messin with ya, I actually do like the Rangers as well, I know that is blasphemy in this area,  but if the Devils lost to the Rangers I would have been pissed but I would have been rooting for them in the Finals against LA. If the Devils are out of it Im more than happy if the Rangers win the title    I just wont root for the Islanders, fuck those guys, haha.

Another good game last night.  This is really a series now.  2 down 2 to go.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:12:09 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: