Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:09:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NHL 2011/2012 Season
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2011/2012 Season  (Read 102894 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »

Go Devils

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »

N0o0o0o0o please get off the bandwagon, none of you are welcome.

it's cool. i aint rootin fo yo team.

You ain'tz rootin fo my team, so you iz da koolz.
N0o0o0o0o please get off the bandwagon, none of you are welcome.

I have to root for someone new since my team is gone though!

You don't, you really don't.

Stick to the Yankees and Cowboys, really.  No need for the negative vibes.

I just want to see anyone not named the Devils win and i don't like the Cowboys. I hate them with a passion.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2012, 11:31:54 PM »

Ha! Suck it Brodeur and the Devils. What a move by Kopitar to win it in OT. Faked Brodeur out so bad he didn't have a chance in hell at stopping that puck.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »

Yay Kings.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

Nick Lidstrom has retired.

Gonna be weird not seeing him playing, especially with the Winter Classic scheduled for the Big House for this season. I was hoping he'd go on for at least another year.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »

That's a shame one of the best of all time and also great classy guy. He's gonna be missed in the league.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »

You know, i really wonder what the NHL is thinking with the schedule for the finals. Why did they put two days off between game 1 and 2? Wouldn't that be better served between game 2 and 3 when the teams have to travel from New Jersey to Los Angeles? And then again between 5 and 6 when they go back to New Jersey?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »

Radiohead are playing at the pru center

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »

Radiohead are playing at the pru center

Well that sucks for both teams having only a travel day in between game 2 and 3.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:35 AM »

Yay Kings.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »

both games for kings at overtime!!!
devils had plenty of chances to win the game but gladly kings won!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »

Devils are in a world of trouble now. Game 3 is a MUST win.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

Isn't every game a must win?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »

Isn't every game a must win?

Well technically yes, but you can't go down 3-0 to this team. Not with the way they are playing this postseason.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »

LOL Devils are in serious trouble now.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2012, 11:02:06 PM »

Ok NBC sports, calling Quick the best goalie in the NHL based on this playoff run is a bit silly. Yes he's been spectacular this postseason but neither he or the the kings were great during the regular season. He's gonna have to play this good a lot more then 17 games before he's considered as good as guys like Brodeur and Lundqvist.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:41 AM »

Ok NBC sports, calling Quick the best goalie in the NHL based on this playoff run is a bit silly. Yes he's been spectacular this postseason but neither he or the the kings were great during the regular season. He's gonna have to play this good a lot more then 17 games before he's considered as good as guys like Brodeur and Lundqvist.

yeah but as the playoffs have once again showed, the NHL regular season means dick.  All that matters in the regular season is finishing in the top 8 of your conference to get in the playoffs after that all bets are off.  Quick has been unbelievable this postseason and so have the Kings, Devils had their opportunities in games 1 and 2 but didn't make the plays, the Kings did.

Calling Quick the best goalie in the NHL is just what dumb sportscasters do, he is certainly playing the best right now but I don't they are saying he is better than Brodeur or Lundqvist overall or all time.  Nobody is better than Brodeur, unless his name is Roy, and some would argue that as well.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:17:45 AM by Bodhi » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2012, 12:25:40 AM »

yeah but as the playoffs have once again showed, the NHL regular season means dick.  All that matters in the regular season is finishing in the top 8 of your conference to get in the playoffs after that all bets are off.  Quick has been unbelievable this postseason and so have the Kings, Devils had their opportunities in games 1 and 2 but didn't make the plays, the Kings did.

Calling Quick the best goalie in the NHL is just what dumb sportscasters do, he is certainly playing the best right now but I don't they are saying he is better than Brodeur or Lundqvist overall or all time.  Nobody is better than Brodeur, unless his name is Roy, and some would argue that as well.

Devils definitely weren't bad the first two those games could've gone either way for sure. I don't know what happened tonight but they looked awful and i don't see them coming back from this. The kings are just unreal this postseason.

They actually said best in the league that's what i had an issue with. Playing the best in the league right now? Aboslutely, if he wants to be the best in the league he's gotta have several years in a row like this. He could become the best in the league but for me right now its still Lundqvist. He's been this good now since he came into the league. I would agree Brodeur as much as i dislike the guy is the best ever. You can't just overlook what he's accomplished. Its just amazing.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:31:54 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »

Devils definitely weren't bad the first two those games could've gone either way for sure. I don't know what happened tonight but they looked awful and i don't see them coming back from this. The kings are just unreal this postseason.

They actually said best in the league that's what i had an issue with. Playing the best in the league right now? Aboslutely, if he wants to be the best in the league he's gotta have several years in a row like this. He could become the best in the league but for me right now its still Lundqvist. He's been this good now since he came into the league. I would agree Brodeur as much as i dislike the guy is the best ever. You can't just overlook what he's accomplished. Its just amazing.

yeah for sure, Brodeur is 40 and the Finals again, he really has nothing more to prove.  I wouldn't read too much into what sportscasters say though, they are hype machines no matter what sport it is.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:25 AM »

yeah for sure, Brodeur is 40 and the Finals again, he really has nothing more to prove.  I wouldn't read too much into what sportscasters say though, they are hype machines no matter what sport it is.

And been this good for 20 years that's insane.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: