Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 01:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Hartford, CT November 19th
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Hartford, CT November 19th  (Read 22861 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »

Maybe, altho we know we're on Axl's time regardless of curfews... lol
It dont matter to me at what time they come on. Its a Saturday anyways...

Agree.  And I've been at shows in Hartford (at both places) that have gone past midnight.  They don't pull the plug...they just get "snarky".  I know the XL Center....the curfew was always because the event parking lot owners complained (though usually only during the week).

But with the Comcast (Dodge/Meadows/whatever they're calling it this week), that's not really an issue. They have on site parking that can MORE than handle the 7500 people.  Sure, the makeshift event parking is cheaper...but it's not necessary.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 07:27:08 AM »

Hell F'ing yes!  I can't wait.  What's this with needing an iPhone for the pre-sale?  That doesn't seem right.

there seems to be 2 presales.  One is a mobile app presale but the only way to download the app is with an Iphone..hopefully I am wrong on that one I am looking into it more.  The second presale which happens on Thursday is a Citi cardholder presale which is the official card of livenation, then the public on sale is Friday. 

The Citi presale will require you to actually HAVE (and, I think, use) a Citibank credit (maybe debit, too) card.  You enter your card number in, much like the AMEX presales.  No password for that one.

The mobile app presale MIGHT have a PW...or it might just make you use the app to order tix.  Not sure.

Together again,
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »

I'm there!  show #3 for me - day after Priest show- going to NY from NC to see my folks 4 annual trip anyway- gonna borrow 1 of my client's Citibank card's 4 pre-sale- fuck yeah! beer
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »

Hell F'ing yes!  I can't wait.  What's this with needing an iPhone for the pre-sale?  That doesn't seem right.

there seems to be 2 presales.  One is a mobile app presale but the only way to download the app is with an Iphone..hopefully I am wrong on that one I am looking into it more.  The second presale which happens on Thursday is a Citi cardholder presale which is the official card of livenation, then the public on sale is Friday. 

I don't have an iPhone or a Citi card.  Not off to a good start here.

yeah I'm going to borrow someones Citi card.  I hope I can figure out a way to do that mobile app presale since it is the first one.  Either way, I am not as stressed as I should be because of two factors, 1. I am highly motivated, and 2. I have this week off from work.  That is a deadly combo for me.  I'm talking multiple computers/smartphones set up and going to be relaying instructions to friends over the phone, it's going to be DEFCON 1 status by Thursday morning.   hihi

but having said that, I am still stressed until I get the actual tickets.  I also hope this mobile app presale bullshit doesnt eat up all the good seats.  Of course I say it is bullshit because I don't have an iphone, if I had one this app presale would be the greatest idea ever!!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:45:45 AM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »

How are the acoustics at this place?
Gonna be up in NH that weekend for Social Distortion. Would be great if GNR played Hampton Beach, or Verizon Center.
Maybe wishful thinking though..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »

Gonna be up in NH that weekend for Social Distortion. Would be great if GNR played Hampton Beach, or Verizon Center.

Not...great.

Let me caveat that by saying: I've NEVER been to an indoor "rock" show there.  All the big rock concerts I've been to at the Dodge/Meadows/Comcast have been with the "doors" open and the lawn in play.  It's not horrible, but it's not great, either.

Closing it off, though, is probably going to radically change the acoustics, though.  It's VERY small.  They say 7500 people, which sounds about right. In the indoor seating, you sort of feel like you're sitting in the performers laps.  The indoor is MUCH more like a theater setting than an arena.

Together again,
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »

Not...great.

Let me caveat that by saying: I've NEVER been to an indoor "rock" show there.  All the big rock concerts I've been to at the Dodge/Meadows/Comcast have been with the "doors" open and the lawn in play.  It's not horrible, but it's not great, either.

Closing it off, though, is probably going to radically change the acoustics, though.  It's VERY small.  They say 7500 people, which sounds about right. In the indoor seating, you sort of feel like you're sitting in the performers laps.  The indoor is MUCH more like a theater setting than an arena.

Cool, thanks. Theatre setting is definitely appealing.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »

I've seen a few concerts there...  Motley Crue, STP, etc.  it's an ok place, similar to Providence.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »

I just got an e-mail from Live Nation about the pre-sale.  It appears those of us without iPhones or Citi cards might be okay, at least from what I can gather.  Just try the password "speaker", and it should work like the others.  Looks like it's a Live Nation/Mobile App. pre-sale, meaning you can use one or the other.  At least I hope so.  I'll be online tomorrow the stroke of midnight, hoping for the best.  I just tried to call into WCCC to win front row tickets, but no luck.  I didn't understand the damn question anyway so I wouldn't have gotten it regardless.  They were doing some contest "Name that Sweet Child".  They gave some random clue, and the answer was Suri Cruise.  I was lost, so I'm glad they didn't pick up on me.  Would've made me look foolish.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »

Same here...

Also, I heard another date coming out soon.  Going to post on the main forum.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »

Same here...

Also, I heard another date coming out soon.  Going to post on the main forum.

where?

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »

Worcester, MA. I just posted it.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »

Thanks peace i'm gonna try to get tickets in hartford though im using the citicard peresale cause worcester is 2 far a commute and hopefully they will play the NY Metro area cause i live around there so i can up 2 or 3 shows there

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »

I'm going to hit both Worcester and Hartford if they play both.  They are both about 40 minutes from my house.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 07:16:50 PM »

Lucky  hartford is about 2 hours from me so worcester will probablly be around 3 hours

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

Yup it's about 3 hours from you.  I travel from my area through yours every now and then and that's about right.  You'd take 95N to 395N and be in Worcester.  I'm in Rhode Island but only 10 minutes from 395 and another 20-30 from Worcester.

If you did both shows you'd be better off staying over in Hartford...
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »

I'm gonna hope they play more in NY but im definitely in for the hartford show cause im doing the presale  Grin

IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:53 AM »

I'll be there!

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 10:39:44 PM »

Is the Hartford presale at 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM on Sept 22??? The e-mail I got says 12:01 AM, but everything on the site says 12:00 PM? Anyone?

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »

Is the Hartford presale at 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM on Sept 22??? The e-mail I got says 12:01 AM, but everything on the site says 12:00 PM? Anyone?
It looks like they changed it.  Used to be 12:01 for the mobile app/Live Nation pre sale.  But looks like those AND the Citi card pre sale are all tomorrow at noon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: