Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio/TV commercials for the US tour!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio/TV commercials for the US tour!  (Read 9571 times)
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »

I cant wait for the autobiography of Axls maybe he will explain the lack of promo and why Chinese Demo didnt get the full treatment. Its strange i feel like a hypocrite cos my favourite band is Pearl Jam and i love the fact that they let music sneak out without huge promo and the fact they dont seem to try and write "HITS" but for some reason it really bugs me that GnR are underselling themselves.                                                                                                                       
i guess i should just be happy for what we got
lagr08
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 01:36:58 AM »

I dont know how people would find that out.....but i agree.  A little good promo (live performance or video) would go along way I think....since the media is ALWAYS reporting on the negative. The average person may have only have heard about how Axl supposedly can't sing anymore....or a report on how some people think Axl is overweight...etc.  I would love Axl to go on a late night show and sing the shit out of This I Love...pretty much saying fuck you to all the people who say he can't sing.
Not really responding to the above post I just noticed you were at the 02 Tacoma show and 06 Portland show.  As was I!  I was pretty piised there was no encore in Portland but it was a rather pathetic crowd.

KC: 2011
Portland: 2006
Tacoma: 2002
lagr08
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 01:42:41 AM »

I read in another forum that the American tour was selling miserably does anyone know if thats true or bullshit? If true dont you think Axl should try something like release a video or do an interview or go on tv . It would be a shame to miss a chance to win a load of new fans over
I know this much, I can go to ticketmaster right now and get seats pretty much just as good as those I bought 30 seconds after they went on sale for the Nov. 12th show in KC.  It just pisses me off that I was unable to buy the tix early, I got real good seats but not the great seats I was hoping for. 

KC: 2011
Portland: 2006
Tacoma: 2002
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 02:00:54 AM »

I read in another forum that the American tour was selling miserably does anyone know if thats true or bullshit? If true dont you think Axl should try something like release a video or do an interview or go on tv . It would be a shame to miss a chance to win a load of new fans over
I know this much, I can go to ticketmaster right now and get seats pretty much just as good as those I bought 30 seconds after they went on sale for the Nov. 12th show in KC.  It just pisses me off that I was unable to buy the tix early, I got real good seats but not the great seats I was hoping for. 

Isn't i kinda boring to sit? Better in the front row man Wink

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 02:09:36 AM »

I dont know how people would find that out.....but i agree.  A little good promo (live performance or video) would go along way I think....since the media is ALWAYS reporting on the negative. The average person may have only have heard about how Axl supposedly can't sing anymore....or a report on how some people think Axl is overweight...etc.  I would love Axl to go on a late night show and sing the shit out of This I Love...pretty much saying fuck you to all the people who say he can't sing.
Not really responding to the above post I just noticed you were at the 02 Tacoma show and 06 Portland show.  As was I!  I was pretty piised there was no encore in Portland but it was a rather pathetic crowd.

I asked Dizzy about no Paradise City and he just gave me a look like he didn't want to talk about it.  Probably a time issue.  Yeah, the crowd was around 9,000 but didn't seem really into it.  I was in the pit and almost got into it with a guy, because I was rocking out to hard!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »

just caught a clip of the choir series starts monday( it`s a programme based on a choirmaster forming choirs out of people from all walks of life) This series is wives and girlfriends of  troops in afghanistan and they were singing sweet child of mine, seems like it`s going to be the song that they`ll practice and then it will be the main song, sounded good, I have a feeling they would`ve had to get Axl`s permission for it like they did for the john lewis advert will be interesting to see if it`s spoken about  ok
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: