Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio/TV commercials for the US tour!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio/TV commercials for the US tour!  (Read 9582 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »

Title says it all

http://www.tourdesigncreative.com/media/approved/Guns%20N%20Roses%20-%20North%20American%20Tour/

Edit: TV commercial for Houston, TX @ Toyota Center - November 4th on the same URL.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:51:36 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »

HELL. YES! Love hearing that shit! Thanks for sharing!

beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »

Very exciting cant wait for more dates to be announced  peace

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:05:26 PM »

Gonna try and order some of the Minneapolis fliers. I may be able to secure the deal. Gonna see.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »

I was able to rip both commercials to mp3, it's neat to keep that kind of stuff around.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »

This is great shit. Having said that, I don't think I like the "Over 2 hours of classic hits" part. I have witnessed GNR go over 3 hours at a couple shows I have seen (Once at the LA Forum and once at the Rose Bowl). I would also like to hope for Axl and the boys to drop some surprises. Maybe give us a taste or 3 of some material off hopefully a new album. I know nothing in the world of GNR goes according to plan. And Axl's plan to have had enough recorded material to drop an album a year or so after CD so they could tour without interruption never came to be. I knew that would never happen and I was surprised he even suggested that knowing that we know how it works. I am excited as hell to see them again live but hate to think they are being too restrictive. 2 hours, and the classics. I really loved how things used to be. You never knew what the fuck the band felt like playing and there was clearly no setlist that they had to obey nightly. Maybe its just the way this promotion is coming across for me, and Axl ill surprise us with some new shit and shake things up with the setlists. I like the idea of Axl just doing whatever he feels like regardless if that means he may not do November Rain at every show. I would prefer Axl just does whatever songs he feels like doing.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:17:34 PM »

2-5-3.5 hours is "over 2 hours". Wink

I think you're reading too much into that.

It's just a reminder for the casual fan, the majority of ticket buyers fall into this category, that the band will play the hits and play a long show.

Doesn't mean they will play only the hits and two hours sharp.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:26:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »

I'm just happy for everyone that this tour is happening and growing, just heard there are even HD video commercials !

Exciting times ahead, looking forward to it all :-)

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »

TV commercial is up!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:43:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKNzaHhzoUk

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »

Looks great!

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:01 PM »

I heard the Live Nation radio spot featuring the GNR date at IZOD Center during The Howard Stern Show on Sirius Monday.  Pretty cool! 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FabioFrehley
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »

How is the sale of tickets for the Guns N 'Roses in the U.S.?  Huh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:07:00 AM »

I've heard the radio spot a couple of times during The Howard Stern show over the past few weeks. 

Also, driving home from the thrilling Patriots victory over the Cowboys on Sunday night I was listening to the Patriots post game show and they chose "Paradise City" as their song of the night.  They then, promoted their upcoming concert in Worcester.

Then this morning I had on VH1 Classic and they ran an "update" where they announced GNR's first US tour in 5 years.  It was a couple minutes long, they talked about how lots of people would still go see GNR just to see what Axl would do.  They directed you to their website for more information, and here's the writeup from there.

http://blog.vh1.com/2011-10-12/guns-n-roses-prepare-for-first-united-states-tour-in-five-years/

Guns N? Roses Prepare For First United States Tour In Five Years

For the first twenty minutes of Guns N? Roses?s rain-soaked headlining performance at Brazil?s Rock In Rio Festival earlier this month, frontman Axl Rose wore a big yellow raincoat, and from the coverage the band?s performance has gotten, you would be forgiven for thinking that this wardrobe choice was the most noteworthy thing about their set. Nevermind that the band played for a full two hours more once he stripped off the coat (even though the rain never let up). At the start of the performance, Axl promised, ?I?m gonna try to focus on singing rather than running around like an idiot,? and while our gut reaction to that is ?Why not do both?? we figure we?ll leave that to the professional?which is a word we chose intentionally here, since the once infamously unreliable singer put in the work, and then some, to close out the festival.

Perhaps the most significant detail was the band?s performance of ?Estranged??the first time that Axl Rose has sung the song live since 1993, when it was the last single off either Use Your Illusion album. This tour?s press material promised ?all the classic hits,? but until we saw footage of ?Estranged? we weren?t sure whether that was just hype. We try not to buy the narrative arcs that partially define musicians in popular culture, but it?s hard not to find that symbolic of a last step towards reconciliation with a complicated Guns N? Roses career?just in time for the band?s first United States tour since 2006. The Rock In Rio Festival has always been kind to Guns N? Roses?it?s where the band staged its first live return in 2001?so if we were the superstitious type, we?d say that the upcoming American tour looked rather promising. The live clips on YouTube of the other dates they?ve played in Argentina since seem to support this notion. The American tour kicks off at the end of this month (dates after the jump).

October 28: Amway Center, Orlando, FL
October 29: AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL
October 31: BI-LO Center, Greenville, SC
November 2: Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA
November 4: Toyota Center, Houston, TX
November 5: Gexa Energy Pavilion, Dallas, TX
November 8: CenturyLink Center, Omaha, NE
November 9: Lloyd Noble Center, Norman, OK
November 12: Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
November 13: Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
November 15: Allstate Arena, Chicago, IL
November 17: IZOD Center, East Rutherford, NJ
November 19: Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT
November 20: Mohegan Sun Arena, Wilkes-Barre, PA
November 23: Times Union Center, Albany, NY
November 25: DCU Center, Worcester, MA
November 26: Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
December 1: The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
December 2: U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
December 4: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
December 5: DeSoto Civic Center, Southaven, MS
December 7: Covelli Centre, Youngstown, OH

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »

I've only heard the radio spot a few times in Detroit and haven't seen the TV ad. But it was cool to hear once or twice.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »

If we havent heard about it now, i t aint happening.  But live concert footage put together in like a hour long show would be cool to put out during the next week or two to promote the US tour.  Also maybe a showing on Fallen would be friggen sweet....just like they did in the oldin days. New band, starting out....do it just like 88'

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »

I read in another forum that the American tour was selling miserably does anyone know if thats true or bullshit? If true dont you think Axl should try something like release a video or do an interview or go on tv . It would be a shame to miss a chance to win a load of new fans over
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »

I dont know how people would find that out.....but i agree.  A little good promo (live performance or video) would go along way I think....since the media is ALWAYS reporting on the negative. The average person may have only have heard about how Axl supposedly can't sing anymore....or a report on how some people think Axl is overweight...etc.  I would love Axl to go on a late night show and sing the shit out of This I Love...pretty much saying fuck you to all the people who say he can't sing.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 01:10:43 PM »

I read in another forum that the American tour was selling miserably does anyone know if thats true or bullshit? If true dont you think Axl should try something like release a video or do an interview or go on tv . It would be a shame to miss a chance to win a load of new fans over
i checked 3 shows on ticketmaster,and gnr sold more than 60% of capacity,and i think it is success...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »

It's tough to tell.  I don't think I'd use the term "miserable" to describe ticket sales.  I'd imagine they're about the same as in 2006, maybe a little below that.

Some promo and press would probably help, but I don't imagine we'll be getting any of that.

I e-mailed a DJ from WCCC here in Hartford and he said that sales were going pretty well for THAT show and it should be sold out by showtime.  He also said that Wolfmother may be the opener for that particular show.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: