Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy mentions rehearsing GNR songs for Rio
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy mentions rehearsing GNR songs for Rio  (Read 7541 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: September 01, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello my peeps,

I?m completely stoked that my record is finally out there, and want to thank all of you who have bought it so far. For those of you looking for it on vinyl, there was a production snafu and it?s now looking like the LPs will hit stores in November, just in time for Christmas. In the meantime, it?s available digitally and on CD, and if your local record store isn?t carrying it, tell them that they can order it from Redeye Distribution.

Also, in case you haven?t heard, a portion of the money you spend on my record will go directly to the Timkatec Schools in Haiti. This photo shows a three-story building that was a two-story building when we went down there for their graduation in July of 2010. The third story was built with the money raised in the auction last year. I can?t begin to say tell you how good this makes me feel, and I can?t wait to contribute more and I encourage you to as well at Timkatec.org.

We had a great time playing shows we over the last month, and look forward to doing a whole lot more in the future. There were lot of bonuses along the way ? We had to re-order the CD twice because it kept selling out, we had a great in-store show at Main Street Music in Philly (I can?t wait to do more of those), and I met all sorts of nice people. I also figured out that as much as I want to play guitar on stage, it?s best that I stick to bass, as well as lay off the pizza and jellybeans.

After Hurricane Irene forced us to postpone the Providence and Boston shows, Tim, Jon, Emily and myself stocked up on survival supplies and came back to our house in upstate New York to weather the storm and started recording some new songs. It was my first time recording a whole band in my new digs. I am very stoked at how quickly and easily it was to work with these guys and we?ll definitely be doing a lot more of it in the new year.

Thats all for now. I?ve gotta get back to workin? up some GNR tunes for Rock in Rio. Whoa?stay tuned.

t
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:58:58 AM by jarmo » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »

I don't think he's hinting anything other than he's gonna rehearse GN'R songs for the tour that starts in Rio de Janeiro?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »

I don't think he's hinting anything other than he's gonna rehearse GN'R songs for the tour that starts in Rio de Janeiro?

/jarmo
You're probably right. But, he said once on Twitter that at one point, they "worked up" a version of "Perfect Crime" in 2006. But, I'm probably engaging in some wishful thinking Smiley

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »

I might be engaging in wishful thinking as well, but the "woah" after it seems to indicate that he's psyched about whatever they're cooking up.  But again, I may be looking into it too much.
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »

"woah"

Wouldn?t that sensation be gripping you too if you were about to partake in such an event like Rock in Rio?

Bumblefoot also, during a stream, implicated rehearsals were imminent.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »

I think playing at Rock In Rio warrants a "Whoa"!

hihi

The band hasn't played a show since December 2010, makes sense that they'll rehearse.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »

Why people need new songs ?? We have..

TWAT, PROSTITUTE, SR, SCRAPED, CITR, IRS, BETTER, ITW, SORRY, TIL

This Song NEVER Play In RIR

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 11:44:06 AM »

Why people need new songs ?? We have..

TWAT, PROSTITUTE, SR, SCRAPED, CITR, IRS, BETTER, ITW, SORRY, TIL

This Song NEVER Play In RIR

Out of those only Better, Sorry and This I Love were actually performed in Rio de Janeiro in 2010.

There Was A Time, Prostitute and Catcher In The Rye were not performed in Brazil or South America.

Scraped was only performed in Brasilia (on the whole South American tour).

I.R.S. was only performed in Sao Paulo (on the whole South American tour).

If The World was not performed in Rio de Janeiro.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 11:48:01 AM »

I dunno guys, I wouldn't rule a new song or two out just yet.  In the past, GNR's used their Rock In Rio shows to debut new songs like they did in 91 & 01.  

It's a BIG show, and I wouldn't be surprised if Axl had an Ace or two up his sleeve to make Rio 2011 that much more special.  We'll soon see...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »

To those who are keeping down the heat, let the fans dream about it.

Ok, I admit that some fans dreams about certainly things that when those things doesn't happens they get mad. They act like someone promised them something that nobody promised and when those things do not happen they start to throw shit everywhere.

But we are fans, we are not objective people that see Guns N' Roses only as a band. So, instead off shutting down every single hope that it grows on the fanbase try to understand that this is a FAN FORUM of Guns N' Roses. People excited about Guns, about every single rumour, is normal...it's not bad.  There's no need to "calm down" the fans and breaking their hopes the second after a rumour or something like that is posted.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:57:34 AM by Ulises » Logged

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »

I dunno guys, I wouldn't rule a new song or two out just yet.  In the past, GNR's used their Rock In Rio shows to debut new songs like they did in 91 & 01.  

It's a BIG show, and I wouldn't be surprised if Axl had an Ace or two up his sleeve to make Rio 2011 that much more special.  We'll soon see...

No one's ruling it out. But at the same time, we shouldn't potentially misinterpret comments made by the band members and get our hopes up. It'd be awesome if they debuted new material, but as I won't be there and no one has said that they'll definitely be playing new songs, I won't complain if they don't.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

Ok, I admit that some fans dreams about certainly things that when those things doesn't happens they get mad. They act like someone promised them something that nobody promised and when those things do not happen they start to throw shit everywhere.

But we are fans, we are not objective people that see Guns N' Roses only as a band. So, instead off shutting down every single hope that it grows on the fanbase try to understand that this is a FAN FORUM of Guns N' Roses. People excited about Guns, about every single rumour, is normal...it's not bad.  There's no need to "calm down" the fans and breaking their hopes the second after a rumour or something like that is posted.

No... getting excited about something based on your own interpretation of a fairly innocent comment apparently about rehearsals is exactly the reason people "throw shit everywhere" when things didn't happen. It's best to keep the heat down until someone from the band confirms something and/or it actually happens.
There's the band making a return to a legendary festival that has been great for them in the past to get excited about... we don't need to invent new things. Wink
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »

No one's ruling it out. But at the same time, we shouldn't potentially misinterpret comments made by the band members and get our hopes up. It'd be awesome if they debuted new material, but as I won't be there and no one has said that they'll definitely be playing new songs, I won't complain if they don't.

Not getting my hopes up, I'm just saying that it would make sense for Tommy to be talking about new songs.  He's been in the band for 12 years.  I think he has Paradise City & Jungle down.  hihi

Rio will be awesome no matter what the setlist is.  I just think it would be an amazing medium to indtroduce a new song or two to the world, to show that the GNR road didnt end with Chinese Democracy and that there is, in fact, more to come.  
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »

Also, working up some new songs doesn't mean they'll be in the setlist. Not to be a party pooper.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »

Dreaming is fine. No harm in that.

It's only when people start feeling "upset" or "let down" because their dream didn't come true that there is a problem.

I hope the fans who start campaigns for certain songs to be played at Rock In Rio or those who "expect" new songs to be premiered, for whatever reason they have, don't feel let down if it doesn't go as they dreamed.

It'll be a once in a lifetime experience no matter what. Enjoy it!

/jarmo

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 12:10:59 PM »

No... getting excited about something based on your own interpretation of a fairly innocent comment apparently about rehearsals is exactly the reason people "throw shit everywhere" when things didn't happen. It's best to keep the heat down until someone from the band confirms something and/or it actually happens.
There's the band making a return to a legendary festival that has been great for them in the past to get excited about... we don't need to invent new things. Wink

I understand and I'm with you. But...are we FANS or are we diplomatic people discussing about Guns in the UN? Why do we always be so "cold" about these things? Why do we have to be "careful" with all these things? Why? Will someone get mad with all our hopes? What's the deal? I do not understand. Let the people "dream" and think whatever they want. It seems some people LOVES to ruin every single expectation.

However, I hate all those who get mad when the things doesn't work out like THEY think they should work. I'm not talking about these kind of people though...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:15:53 PM by Ulises » Logged

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 12:14:17 PM »

I dunno guys, I wouldn't rule a new song or two out just yet. 

New songs of course, are always going to be a possibility (particularly as we know there is more material).

But ?working up some GN?R tunes for Rock in Rio? can be interpreted in more than one sense (merely rehearsing, altering existing songs etc.).

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »

Hoping GNR plays a certain song, new or otherwise, is harmless.  Speaking openly about those hopes is equally harmless.  

But I agree that throwing it in the bands face once it doesn't materialize, like they owed it to you, is borderline insane.  Thing is, not everyone falls into that category.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

Hoping GNR plays a certain song, new or otherwise, is harmless.  Speaking openly about those hopes is equally harmless.  

But I agree that throwing it in the bands face once it doesn't materialize, like they owed it to you, is borderline insane.  Thing is, not everyone falls into that category.

Exactly. I'm one of those who get pretty excited and have all this expectation but I won't insult Axl or anyone when those things doesn't happen. When I say "let the people dream about it", I'm talking about the people who thinks like you or me.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »

The problem is given the fickle nature of the fans ?hopes? multiply. Roll Eyes

I hope GN?R tour.

Now I hope they play new songs on the tour.

Now I?ve heard the songs live I want to hear the studio versions.

I?ve got an album, I want another.

I hope GN?R tour.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: