Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Makes Up W/Velvet Revolver: 'Maybe We'll Do Some Shows Some Time'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Makes Up W/Velvet Revolver: 'Maybe We'll Do Some Shows Some Time'  (Read 6818 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 28, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

SCOTT WEILAND MAKES UP WITH VELVET REVOLVER: ?MAYBE WE?LL DO SOME SHOWS SOME TIME?

by: Amy Sciarretto 1 hour ago

Never say never. That?s the viewpoint Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland had adopted when it comes to his other former band, Velvet Revolver. Weiland reports that he is once again friends with Slash and the rest of the group, and says not to rule out an on-stage reunion at some point in the future.

In a recent interview with Classic Rock magazine, Weiland reflected somewhat wistfully on his time in Velvet Revolver, which paired him with former principal members of Guns N? Roses, saying, ?That was a magical thing, too. That was right when I was getting off dope and those guys were all sober and clean, and I had a very special kind of kinship because we?d all experienced the same things.?

Weiland intimated that there was a fraternal camaraderie in the band: ?It felt like us against the world: ?We?re gonna play just pure rock ?n? roll.? And I think we did a really good job of it. It was a great band to see live, and I think we made two exciting albums.?

So it?s great to see that after the expected nastiness that follows a breakup, the musicians are all friends again, even staying in contact thanks to technology. Weiland admitted, ?We patched things up and we get along. I see them every now and again, we text each other.?

He also offered up a little sliver of hope to diehard VR fans, saying, ?And you know, we can never say never. Who knows, maybe we?ll do some shows some time.? That?s good news, especially since Velvet Revolver still haven?t found a replacement for the singer, having shelved recent material recorded with Slipknot?s Corey Taylor.

One can dream, right?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/scott-weiland-velvet-revolver-some-shows-together/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »

That would be the best resolution to this whole singer situation. Just get Scott back. I'd feel a lot better hearing Scott singing songs that are so personal to him, and things that he was going through than someone else singing them... even a technically better singer. Just as long as if they ever make another record it's not in the same vein as Libertad.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:51:22 PM »

I wonder if enough time has passed that they would give Scott another go. 

Maybe Duff and Matt would be up for it, but I doubt Slash.  Although Slash has been known to change his mind. Smiley

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:16 PM »

SCOTT Rulez !!!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »

Slash said he had hung out with Scott within the past year-I think the worst of it was between Matt and Scott.

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

I think the worst of it was between Matt and Scott.

I agree with that, but Slash was the most critical of Scott to the press.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »

HOLY SHIT I AM ExcITED

please let this happen!!!

alot of bands have sophomore slumps.

Lets do a THIRD KICK ASS RECORD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »

HOLY SHIT I AM ExcITED

please let this happen!!!

alot of bands have sophomore slumps.

Lets do a THIRD KICK ASS RECORD.

Settle down there D, just a random comment made by a mercurial singer...

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:03:57 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »

Contraband's music ROCKED... The lyrics/vocals still left a lot to be desired.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08:47:26 PM »

that would be great..a lot more exciting than corey taylor. I always thought VR would develop their own sound with each album. Although contraband was a better record they were starting to develop a more unique sound with Libertad. Songs like pills & american man
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »

Contraband's music ROCKED... The lyrics/vocals still left a lot to be desired.

Don't agree

Lovin the alien is profound  You Got No Right, Even Dirty Little Thing ,Set Me Free, Slither ,Fall to Pieces... Superhuman

rest is just fun like Sucker train... sure lyrics are weird but still awesome

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

Scott is one of the few if not the only frontman--songwriting/performance-wise remaining who throughout his career makes the effort to evolve with each album. His voice may not be the perfect compliment to Slash's aggressive style but the overall package is there. They can develop their signature sound and just write great songs. Wishful thinking of course...I'm sure waiting around for hours for Scott to go onstage not knowing if you are getting the sober Scott might prevent them from ever doing anything more than a one-off show
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:59:19 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »

Scott is so cool about not holding grudges.  I really admire that about him.    Imagine if they got back together after all that drama? It would be so rock n roll.  Even though they aren't as young now, Scott is such a confident front man that he could still make it work. And it would be cool to see them all playing alongside eachother again.  That being said, it shouldn't really be anything too serious besides an album and tour and some new covers.   I think STP has a better musical catelog than VR.  But I think VR has more of a presence with Scott  Slash and Duff...and even Matt. 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »

Granted it would look extremely stupid to see them on stage after all the bravado badmouth bashing they did towards each other
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »

Good news.  I like VR with Scott.  I saw them twice and it was well worth it.  They put on a great show.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 04:51:09 AM »

first of all its nice to hear that scott is friends with everybody
then i love stp aswell but getting vr back WITH scott sometime will be the shit!
plus that will get dave back drool

trying to not get too exited Lips Sealed

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »

Anything possibly happening with VR/Scott is a minimum of 2 years down the line at this point because Slash is releasing his new album with Myles in the first quarter next year and will certainly spend the rest of the year touring it.

Slash had said he ran into him on a plane earlier in the year and had a nice conversation with him. From what I gather the main irritant in the band was always the relationship between Matt/Scott.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the line maybe they played a show or 2, but the idea of them ever making a go of it for another album is just never going to happen.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »

I think Scott was being more diplomatic than anything else...I would be very surprised if there was ever another VR record with Scott.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »

Let's all hope. No better solution to the "VR-problem" than Scott!! He is fantastic  yes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 04:03:28 PM »

I think this is the only ever chance that VR will ever be as big as they once were again... And besides, Scott was the perfect singer for that band, I hope they all decide to give it another shot again in the future.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: