Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 155126 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:47 PM »

Jets wouldn't be a bad idea, it surely wouldn't hurt Sanchez to watch a future hall of famer for a few seasons.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #701 on: March 07, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

Surely Peyton wants to close out his career on a team that isn't in perpetual rebuild mode; I'd say Jets or Ravens.

NO ONE wants anything to do with the Jets right now.  They're in such disarray.....plenty of talent, but nobody knows how to keep their mouths shut.  It's a 3 ring circus...and that, alone, would keep Peyton away IMHO.

I think he's likely to end up in Miami, HOUSTON, or Seattle.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #702 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »

Jets wouldn't be a bad idea, it surely wouldn't hurt Sanchez to watch a future hall of famer for a few seasons.

They might want HIM (and he'd fit in pretty well...though I'm not sure Spags would be too happy about it).

I doubt he wants THEM and their baggage.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #703 on: March 07, 2012, 09:51:08 AM »

Peyton's free...plus what team doesn't have a bounty system?

The difference is this:

MOST bounty systems are controlled and administered by the players...sort of like the office NCAA pool.  They collect (and dole out) the money.  They're the judge of what wins.  Essentially...it's a bunch of side bets amongst the players.

THIS one was controlled and administered by the TEAM.

In the eyes of the NFL, that's a BIG difference.

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #704 on: March 07, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »

Surely Peyton wants to close out his career on a team that isn't in perpetual rebuild mode; I'd say Jets or Ravens.

NO ONE wants anything to do with the Jets right now.  They're in such disarray.....plenty of talent, but nobody knows how to keep their mouths shut.  It's a 3 ring circus...and that, alone, would keep Peyton away IMHO.

I think he's likely to end up in Miami, HOUSTON, or Seattle.

Jets are certainly a circus act, but people tend to like circuses.  When they were doing well, with the back-to-back AFC championship games, they were the talk of the town.  When they imploded last year, they were the talk of the town.  And for all that talk, they were only 1 or 2 wins off from the prior two seasons.   I don't know, that madness might be a draw for Peyton.  It's been 43 years and they're still talking about the last QB that won a SB with the Jets and he wasn't even that good.  Peyton's already a HOF lock, but if he wins a SB with the Jets, he's immortal.  No other team can offer that. 

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #705 on: March 07, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »

Not to mention the close proximity to, and attraction of a cross-town rivalry with little brother Eli.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #706 on: March 08, 2012, 06:41:52 AM »

Jets are certainly a circus act, but people tend to like circuses.  When they were doing well, with the back-to-back AFC championship games, they were the talk of the town.  When they imploded last year, they were the talk of the town.  And for all that talk, they were only 1 or 2 wins off from the prior two seasons.   I don't know, that madness might be a draw for Peyton.  It's been 43 years and they're still talking about the last QB that won a SB with the Jets and he wasn't even that good.  Peyton's already a HOF lock, but if he wins a SB with the Jets, he's immortal.  No other team can offer that. 

SOME people do, that's true.

Peyton doesn't seem to...he seems to steer clear of drama as much as possible.  Considering the suitors involved.....that (and the fact the Jets are a cold weather team) is going to be a huge sticking point.

I don't think he's too worried about being "immortalized" by a Jets SB win....especially not after what we all saw this off season.  If he wins in Miami, Washington, Seattle, or HOUSTON....it would add almost as much to his legacy, without having to deal with the baggage.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #707 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »

Not to mention the close proximity to, and attraction of a cross-town rivalry with little brother Eli.

I'm not sure if that's attractive or unattractive to him.  They seem a pretty close family...I'm not sure how strong the sibling rivalry is.  MAYBE it's a draw.  I'm not sure it's enough of one (considering the tabloid fodder it would generate, too) to convince him to overlook the other warts on the Jets.

Together again,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #708 on: March 08, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »

I'm sayin Peyton will more than likey end up in Miami or KC...we'll all know in about a week.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #709 on: March 08, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »

The Redskins are a no-go, and LT says Sanchez would probably ask to be released if Peyton ends up with the Jets.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #710 on: March 08, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »

The Redskins are a no-go, and LT says Sanchez would probably ask to be released if Peyton ends up with the Jets.
I don't really see how Sanchez and Peyton could co-exist on the same team.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Peyton is a MUCH better QB than Sanchez.  But the Jets have hitched their wagon to Sanchez for the last 3 years with the hopes that he becomes a franchise QB.  During that time, they've gotten to the AFC Championship game twice.  I can't see how they could say in year 4, "why don't you sit back for a few years and watch one of the all time greats and we'll try you out again in 2016."  I think it'd have to be one or the other.

With all that being said, however, I don't see Peyton ending up in NY.  They are close to the salary cap as it is, so they'd have to make some serious cuts or get awful creative to make space for Manning.  I doubt he's going to come cheaply.  Miami sounds like an early favorite for his services.  I think Arizona would be a good landing spot for him.  I believe his father said he'd prefer him to stay in the AFC to keep the dream of an All Manning Super Bowl alive.  To me, that's nonsense to even THINK about that.  If his best chance to win is in the NFC, so be it.  An All Manning NFC Championship game would be a pretty big deal in its own right.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #711 on: March 09, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »

Looks like Denver is making a BIG push to get Manning...and Mario Williams to the Bears..wow could you imagine that D if that happened

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #712 on: March 10, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »

I think you could count the Jets out of the Manning race after giving Sanchez that crazy extension.  I'll give them this, they're showing a lot of confidence in him.  So he better deliver for them, or they won't look very smart.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #713 on: March 10, 2012, 10:07:45 AM »

Poor Jets fans.  I pity you folks.
Sanchez was just given an extension?  Is there a catch somewhere I'm not understanding?  
Do Jets fans honestly believe Sanchez is the answer at quarterback?

How 'bout the 'skins mortgaging the future for RG3.

My Vikes were morons going out hard trying to win games at the end of last season.  That could have been us trading down from 2 to 6, AND nabbing 2 additional 1st round picks and a 2nd, AND more picks!  Snyder's a goddamned fool.  If I was a skins fan I'd be furious.  Yeah, they outbid the Browns, but what a tremendous cost.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #714 on: March 10, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »

My Vikes were morons going out hard trying to win games at the end of last season.  That could have been us trading down from 2 to 6, AND nabbing 2 additional 1st round picks and a 2nd, AND more picks!  Snyder's a goddamned fool.  If I was a skins fan I'd be furious.  Yeah, they outbid the Browns, but what a tremendous cost.

I was just thinking about this a few days ago...the Vikes really can't seem to forge much of a future for themselves..they should have not gotten Ponder sooo high..they could've had Mallet in the 2nd or 3rd round and let Joe Webb bring them the no 2 or 1 pick for this year...sorry Axl4Prez I know what it must feel like considering they were in the NFC Championship game just a few years ago

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #715 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »

Jets are stupid to stick with Sanchez..he's not even as good as Romo.

As for the Redskins..no surprise they traded their future away for RG3..the skins' owner has always been the biggest moron in the NFL..must make it really tough to be a fan

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #716 on: March 10, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »

My Vikes were morons going out hard trying to win games at the end of last season.  That could have been us trading down from 2 to 6, AND nabbing 2 additional 1st round picks and a 2nd, AND more picks!  Snyder's a goddamned fool.  If I was a skins fan I'd be furious.  Yeah, they outbid the Browns, but what a tremendous cost.

I was just thinking about this a few days ago...the Vikes really can't seem to forge much of a future for themselves..they should have not gotten Ponder sooo high..they could've had Mallet in the 2nd or 3rd round and let Joe Webb bring them the no 2 or 1 pick for this year...sorry Axl4Prez I know what it must feel like considering they were in the NFC Championship game just a few years ago

Coop

Sooo frustrating.
The ONLY silver lining is that Kalil is a lock to be a Viking for the next 10 to 12 years.  He's a stud left tackle.  I actually like Ponder...I think he's got potential.  But did we take him too high?  I think so...but in the draft if you trade down, there's no guarantee he'd have been there.
Soo frsutrating.
Then again, we could be the Redskins who now are royally screwed.

one more thought, how weird is it gonna be to see Peyton in a different uniform/helmet?  I hope he does well.  I like the guy.  I think he could put up monster stats in AZ.  I think he'd have the best shot at a ring in SF.  But seeing him boot Tebow to the curb would be priceless. in DEN.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #717 on: March 10, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »

Coop

Sooo frustrating.
The ONLY silver lining is that Kalil is a lock to be a Viking for the next 10 to 12 years.  He's a stud left tackle.  I actually like Ponder...I think he's got potential.  But did we take him too high?  I think so...but in the draft if you trade down, there's no guarantee he'd have been there.
Soo frsutrating.
Then again, we could be the Redskins who now are royally screwed.

one more thought, how weird is it gonna be to see Peyton in a different uniform/helmet?  I hope he does well.  I like the guy.  I think he could put up monster stats in AZ.  I think he'd have the best shot at a ring in SF.  But seeing him boot Tebow to the curb would be priceless. in DEN.  Smiley
That would be awesome, putting Tebowmania to the curb.  Showing he ISN'T the answer.  In his defense, I think it'd actually be alright for him to "learn" from Manning, as opposed to Sanchez.  Tebow was thrust into the role last year, he still has a lot to learn.  Sanchez does too, but the Jets have already committed to him the past 3 years.  There's no going back from that unless you cut ties completely. 

As for the Skins.  It certainly looks like a lopsided trade.  But if RG3 ends up being a franchise QB they can depend on for the next decade it's well worth it.  So I'd hesitate to slam them until that's figured out.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #718 on: March 10, 2012, 10:52:07 PM »

San Francisco would be perfect

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #719 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »

San Francisco would be perfect

In terms of ring potential, yeah.
Their defense is scary good, and they've got some weapons on O.  I'd like to see what Crabtree could do with a real quarterback...so far I'm just not impressed with Crabtree.  Perhaps having a SB Champ/HOF QB would light a fire under his ass.
Peyton would roll up mad numbers in AZ methinks. 
Denver's a bit of a head-scratcher for me.  I don't see that as a ring or numbers team for Peyton.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: