Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 155048 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #640 on: February 03, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »

Am I crazy or something? I don't really see anything bad or embarrassing about this...this is a woman who loves her husband is very supportive of him.  It shows she actually gives a shit.

Not exactly the picture of a big, tough football player, though.  It's like Eli's "hug from mom" comment.  There's nothing inherently WRONG with it....but it's certainly fodder for some ribbing.

I mean...when I'm out being a weekend warrior, playing whatever...my wife can pray for me all she wants.  At home, I think it's sweet.  Outside the house....it'd turn my face a little red in front of my drinking buddies if/when they found out.

I'm not saying it's going to hurt his career....or whatever.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #641 on: February 03, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

Am I crazy or something? I don't really see anything bad or embarrassing about this...this is a woman who loves her husband is very supportive of him.  It shows she actually gives a shit.
Yeah I didn't really get it either, but then again I'm a Brady/Patriot fan, so I am a little biased.  Apparently deadspin thought it was embarrassing enough to share.

I really can't find one embarrassing thing about it.  I mean it's not like she sent out an email saying "Tommy is really scared of Pierre Paul and the Giants brutal pass rush"  I mean come on, a wife showing support for her husband, whats the big deal?
Yeah, things are always blown out of proportion in these big games.  The NY media took Brady's comments at a pep rally last week and tried to make it like he was guaranteeing a victory.  He simply said, "we hope we're back here in 2 weeks having an even bigger party."  Hardly a guarantee in my book.

Then the media ran off on Manningham's comments about wanting to see Julian Edelman on the field playing defense.  I mean, he was right in what he said.  As a Patriot fan, I don't want to see Edelman out there on defense on a regular basis.  He's fine in a pinch, but that's asking a lot for him to play as much as he did against the Ravens.

And recently some of the Giants (Tuck and Canty I believe) have been saying they expect to win.  I mean, what are they supposed to say really?  Granted the Patriots handle it differently, and give you the non committal response, but the Giants are coming off as confident more so than cocky.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »

^ Here's to hoping that Belichik agrees with you guys and has her on the sidelines to provide Tommy with positive energy he needs so he can fulfill his dreams.  

Seriously, of course there's nothing 'wrong' with it, it's all very sweet and supportive, but being a team leader, he'd probably rather the rest of the world didn't have to know about it.  

Anyway, let's now just step over the lead balloon and move on.  

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »

Yeah, things are always blown out of proportion in these big games.  The NY media took Brady's comments at a pep rally last week and tried to make it like he was guaranteeing a victory.  He simply said, "we hope we're back here in 2 weeks having an even bigger party."  Hardly a guarantee in my book.

I agree...that was nuts.

The guy basically said "I hope we win and you can celebrate with us if we do".

No shit.

Then the media ran off on Manningham's comments about wanting to see Julian Edelman on the field playing defense.  I mean, he was right in what he said.  As a Patriot fan, I don't want to see Edelman out there on defense on a regular basis.  He's fine in a pinch, but that's asking a lot for him to play as much as he did against the Ravens.

Again, agree.  I'd say the same thing.  The Pats COACHES are probably thinking/saying the same thing.  If Edelman is lining up against Cruz every snap.....that's not good.  

So...no shit.

And recently some of the Giants (Tuck and Canty I believe) have been saying they expect to win.  I mean, what are they supposed to say really?  Granted the Patriots handle it differently, and give you the non committal response, but the Giants are coming off as confident more so than cocky.

Cruz, too.

Not "we're going to win".  Not "I guarentee we win".  We expect to win.  Um...I bet everyone on the Pats expects to win, too.    In this type of game, both sides expect to win...because they have confidence in their teammates and coaches.

So..for the third time...no shit.

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #644 on: February 03, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »

My most annoying media moment was when Adam Schecter at ESPN was reporting the winner/loser bonus payments ($88K for players on the winning team and $44K for the losers).  Regarding the $44K loser payment, he scoffed something to the effect that 'even if you lose you get a bonus' and that 'it's good work if you can get it'. 

'Good work if you can get it'?  As if that dweeb could last even a play in an NFL game, forget the whole game.  Personally, you could not pay me enough to play an entire NFL game, as I would most certainly die.  For just a play, I suppose I'd do it for $44K, so long as I could run out of bounds immediately. 
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #645 on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:36 AM »

My most annoying media moment was when Adam Schecter at ESPN was reporting the winner/loser bonus payments ($88K for players on the winning team and $44K for the losers).  Regarding the $44K loser payment, he scoffed something to the effect that 'even if you lose you get a bonus' and that 'it's good work if you can get it'. 

'Good work if you can get it'?  As if that dweeb could last even a play in an NFL game, forget the whole game.  Personally, you could not pay me enough to play an entire NFL game, as I would most certainly die.  For just a play, I suppose I'd do it for $44K, so long as I could run out of bounds immediately. 

haha, I'm not sure I feel confident I'd get out of bounds before getting killed.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #646 on: February 03, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »

44k is a little less than 6 months salary for me....probably just shy of 40% of my annual salary, actually.

If I got hit by one of those guys.....I'd be out of work a LOT longer than that.

Thus...no freaking way is it worth it!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:14:30 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #647 on: February 03, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »

Not exactly the picture of a big, tough football player, though.  It's like Eli's "hug from mom" comment.  There's nothing inherently WRONG with it....but it's certainly fodder for some ribbing.

I mean...when I'm out being a weekend warrior, playing whatever...my wife can pray for me all she wants.  At home, I think it's sweet.  Outside the house....it'd turn my face a little red in front of my drinking buddies if/when they found out.

I'm not saying it's going to hurt his career....or whatever.

He's definetly going to get ribbed for this. Its like the stetson add several years ago and all the ribbing he had with that. Or Giselle having him go with the long flowing hair or the bieber hair cut. Or the fact he's spokesman for uggs. Definetly going to get some ribbing for this too.  hihi

Personally I found the fact he calls players babe all the time quite funny as well. ESPN Boston had an article about what you may not know about brady. In it they had a quote from a player who begged not to be named that Brady calls other players Babe. Like good job babe, or hey babe.  hihi Apparently he got it from his dad who on the golf course called everybody babe. hihi  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #648 on: February 05, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »

Lets Go Giants!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #649 on: February 05, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »

Lets go Pats!!!!

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #650 on: February 05, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »

Bullshit call on the Giants. Shouldve been first down... Ended up punting smh... Lets go GMEN!!!!

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #651 on: February 05, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »

Ochocinco with a big catch!  The tide in this game has shifted big time. 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »

1st deep throw by Brady --- INT! 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

Genius move by Belichik to let them score. 
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #654 on: February 05, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »

The second welker dropped that pass i just had a sick feeling. What a bad drop by hernandez..i know it was only ten yards but your tryin to get going and you drop it. If that branch play happened over the middle on that last drive would have been interesting. The branch sideline pass at least would have made it a more managable hail mary as well.

Hell of a pick by a lb on the deep throw. Don't want to make excuses because of injury but I wonder if Gronk is full strength does he make a better play for the ball. He seemed to stop and than limp towards the spot and when he trying to get into position seemed he wasnt moving right. But doesn't negate the great play by a LB on that pass.

Giants got some breaks with recovering both those fumbles but pats got breaks with a couple penalties called by refs so it evened out.

At the end of that game Giants just played better as a unit both offensively and defensively. Dropped passes killed the pats in the last 4 or 5 mins where as the Giants didn't make those mistakes.

Though loss..not as bad as last time but it stings bad. Congratz you stinkin giants fans.  ok hihi smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »

Giants got some breaks with recovering both those fumbles but pats got breaks with a couple penalties called by refs so it evened out.

Giants also got hosed on some BAD no calls (the pass interference call that wasn't and one VERY obvious hold where the Giants receiver's shirt practically was ripped off).  It evened out in the end, I think. 

GREAT game.  Neither team was dominant....and Eli was clutch on that last drive.  Brady just flat out ran out of time.

VERY happy I was wrong about my pick...for the longest time it looked like I was going to be pretty close....

GO GIANTS!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #656 on: February 05, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »

Incredible game and amazing it was almost exactly like the last time they played in the super bowl. Only two points difference.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #657 on: February 06, 2012, 12:29:08 AM »

Since the 2003 season only 3 teams have represented the superbowl for the afc. Colts, Steelers and Patriots. Those 3 teams just lost consecutive superbowls. Crazy. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #658 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

i think for anyone without a horse in that race, it was a boring game overall, until the 4th quarter. and really until the last drive.

it was very evenly played throughout the entire game, but the giants were a little bit better. the major difference was welker dropped that pass, which was not a difficult catch to make, and manningham caught a pass that was extremely difficult. that catch was incredible, and it was an absolutely perfect throw. the tyree catch was lucky, but this play was clutch all around. giants players stepped up and made plays so the better team won.

commercials were decent. nothing stands out but i laughed out loud a few times. can't wait to see "the dictator."

and for some reason, i liked the half-time show. i hate when people lip sync, but madonna was the huge female pop star for a large period of my youth, and i like alot of her songs. so i think it just kinda brought me back to when i was 13. and i thought she looked great and visually it was really cool. and my daughters quickly picked up on the fact that madonna reminds them of lady gaga, so i gave my daughters a good history lesson. i feel old.

anyway, congrats to the giants. and Joe Montana - his legacy as the greatest can't really be challenged by Tom Brady at this point.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #659 on: February 06, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »

If Eli wins another SB and SB MVP (over Brady) he would not only be on the same planet as Brady, he'd have flown across his country, driven across his state, biked across his town, walked down his driveway, , rang his doorbell...and kicked Brady in the teeth when he opened the door.

Brady would still be better...but he'd likely need a good dentist and a plastic surgeon.

Eh....yup.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: