Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154881 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #480 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »

Wow fucking terrible call on that fumble just now in the Giants/Packers game. That was clearly a fumble from all angles. Refs should be fined for that bullshit.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #481 on: January 15, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »

Wow fucking terrible call on that fumble just now in the Giants/Packers game. That was clearly a fumble from all angles. Refs should be fined for that bullshit.

Lets not forget the penalty call on Osi. Shouldve been 4th down but they extendedtje drive.... Giants beat the Packers and refs... 49ers are next!!!

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #482 on: January 16, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »

Lets not forget the penalty call on Osi. Shouldve been 4th down but they extendedtje drive.... Giants beat the Packers and refs... 49ers are next!!!

yeah the Giants thoroughly outplayed the Packers today..You take away those 2 bullshit calls; the penalty on Osi and the blown fumble review the Packers might not have gotten in the end zone at all today...very impressive.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #483 on: January 16, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »

yeah the Giants thoroughly outplayed the Packers today..You take away those 2 bullshit calls; the penalty on Osi and the blown fumble review the Packers might not have gotten in the end zone at all today...very impressive.

And the HORRIBLE spot they got on that 3rd down play.  He CLEARLY got the 1st down...and they spotted the ball about 2 yards back.

3-1 on my picks, VERY close on margin on 2 of them, and the third was just a bigger blowout than the blowout I thought would happen. I've never been so happy to miss a pick in my life, on the last game!

Giants look GOOD, right now.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #484 on: January 16, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »

Lookin' like a Giants/Patriots Superbowl repeat.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:23:44 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #485 on: January 16, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »

Wow 9ers can't get any respect  Roll Eyes

They're going to take it all  ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #486 on: January 16, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »

Wow 9ers can't get any respect  Roll Eyes

They're going to take it all  ok

They're decent, but Eli is simply too clutch and The Giants look like the team of destiny of 5 years ago, sorry  Kiss

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #487 on: January 16, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »

They're decent, but Eli is simply too clutch and The Giants look like the team of destiny of 5 years ago, sorry  Kiss

hihi

9ers D is a little better than green bay... They cooled off Drew Brees enough  peace
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #488 on: January 16, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »

There should be some fines levied against the refs of that game. They did everything they could to try and keep the pack in that game.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #489 on: January 16, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »

hihi

9ers D is a little better than green bay... They cooled off Drew Brees enough  peace

32 points and 4 lead changes in the final 4 minutes is "cooling off"?  hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #490 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »

hihi

I respect the 9ers d.

That being said:  The reason the 9ers win that game, at all, is because of the early turnovers by NO....and there were lots of them.  I give the 9er's credit for that (because that's the way they play) but, again, I go back to the fact that NO had not played SF this year, during the regular season.  It's one thing to see it on tape...it's another thing to have to deal with the way SF goes after the ball every play during a game.

SF doesn't have that advantage against the Giants.

And, on the flip side....the Giants D is a LOT better than NO D was/is.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »

i've been predicting giants-pats SB since the playoff started, but i don't like this matchup with SF. i don't think they will out-scheme or out-play the niners. they are basically another team that is having a very special season, is well coeached, and is playing real well right now. this is a tough game to predict and i may end up going against my insticts and take SF. gotta give it more thought though.

it's kinda cool that 3 of the 4 remaining teams are old-school with power running games and great physical defenses. cause the trend in recent years has been the opposite of that.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #492 on: January 17, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »

i've been predicting giants-pats SB since the playoff started, but i don't like this matchup with SF. i don't think they will out-scheme or out-play the niners. they are basically another team that is having a very special season, is well coeached, and is playing real well right now. this is a tough game to predict and i may end up going against my insticts and take SF. gotta give it more thought though.

it's kinda cool that 3 of the 4 remaining teams are old-school with power running games and great physical defenses. cause the trend in recent years has been the opposite of that.
the Giants have the defense part down, but they're much more of a passing team these days than a running team. Eli has had a great season, as have Nicks and Cruz. Bradshaw and Jacobs are playing better in the playoffs, but theiir running game was among the worst statistically during the regular season. Injuries had a lot to do with that of course, but they're still a pass first team.

The Patriots though are obviously the team that depends most on their offense left. They are healthy now and looked great against Denver, but I'm not sure that's much to brag about. The Ravens ooffense isn't all that great either, but Brady has had some problems with their defense in the past. Of course he has more weapons this year than he's ever had, so I'm not sure what you can take out of past meetings.

I'm picking the 2 home teams, but nothing would surprise me, especially the Giants winning.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #493 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »

9ers already beat the Giants once this year...its going to happen again. I like how all these Giants fans come out of nowhere once they start winning. 9ers got the better D and better special teams...plus its at the stick.

Go Niners!!!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #494 on: January 17, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

The Giants look scary right now, but that can change fast. Look no further than their mediocre regular season.
I can see this game going either way. Niners already dispatched a better team in the Saints, so don't see how you could rule them out.

Hoping the Pats fare better this time than the last time they hosted Baltimore in the playoffs. That game was over quick.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2012, 08:06:42 AM »

the Giants have the defense part down, but they're much more of a passing team these days than a running team. Eli has had a great season, as have Nicks and Cruz. Bradshaw and Jacobs are playing better in the playoffs, but theiir running game was among the worst statistically during the regular season. Injuries had a lot to do with that of course, but they're still a pass first team.

The Patriots though are obviously the team that depends most on their offense left. They are healthy now and looked great against Denver, but I'm not sure that's much to brag about. The Ravens ooffense isn't all that great either, but Brady has had some problems with their defense in the past. Of course he has more weapons this year than he's ever had, so I'm not sure what you can take out of past meetings.

I'm picking the 2 home teams, but nothing would surprise me, especially the Giants winning.

i agree to a point about the giants (and i didn't mean to imply that they are not pass first). but i think they have thrown the ball so much this year because they couldn't get their running game going (for various reasons). Coughlin's  philosophy has long been a balanced attack. they did not have a great regular season, and i think they went with what was working.

i'll admit it could just be my own personal view of the Giants franchise since i've followed them relatively closely for most of my life, but i do not put them in the group of teams such as the saints, packers, patriots, eagles. those teams are passing the ball and will loook to exploit matchups in the passing game first - much of those teams' running stats come when they are up double digit points late in games. conversely, i think that if coughlin had it his way, he would get his RBs going early in most games.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »

I agree the Giants would like to run the ball more often, and effectively. But they've had so much more success passing the ball this year. They ran all over the Falcons but didn't have much success against the Packers last week. Although Bradshaw did have a few huge runs when needed. I guess it depends on the type of game for them. I'd expect them to try and run the ball more this week in a more grind it out type of game. But at the same time, I don't think they're afraid to go against a high powered offense. They feel they can hang.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »

9ers already beat the Giants once this year...its going to happen again. I like how all these Giants fans come out of nowhere once they start winning. 9ers got the better D and better special teams...plus its at the stick.

Go Niners!!!

Coop

9er's beat the Giants by the skin of their teeth, when the G-men weren't playing all that well.  Remember?  Giants deep in 9er territory (red zone), needing a TD to tie?  Yup, 9ers defense made a stop.  But lets not paint that 9er victory as being anything other than it was.  It wasn't a blow out, by any stretch.

In the regular season, the 9er's had the better defense.

In the playoffs, so far?  No.

You've got 2 very good (borderline great) defenses.  I'd go so far as to say defense MIGHT be a push, but if you held a gun to my head, considering the Giants D is healthy for maybe the first time all year, I'd give the edge to the Giants.

But the Giants have the better offense...and more specifically the better QB.

Special teams has become a non-factor, thanks to the new NFL kickoff rules.  Both kickers are pretty good.

This is going to be a slobbernocker.  Odds makers are favoring SF by 2.5...when there's a standard 3 point bump to the home team.  This game is basically a push.  I won't even pick it, it's so close.

As for "coming out of nowhere"....I watch every snap of every Giants game.  I don't talk football, all that much, til the playoffs start.  Same with the NBA.  

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »

I agree the Giants would like to run the ball more often, and effectively. But they've had so much more success passing the ball this year. They ran all over the Falcons but didn't have much success against the Packers last week. Although Bradshaw did have a few huge runs when needed. I guess it depends on the type of game for them. I'd expect them to try and run the ball more this week in a more grind it out type of game. But at the same time, I don't think they're afraid to go against a high powered offense. They feel they can hang.

The thing is:  Defenses prepare for the Giants run.  They WANT the Giants to be a passing team because, historically, you can beat them that way.  Eli's inconsistency, and (sometimes) their receivers inability to catch balls thrown at them have hurt them.

This season, defenses have been playing them the same way.  Giants are still trying to run (to keep the defenses gearing toward it)....but they've been more successful at making the run oriented D's pay with their passing game.

They ran over the Falcons because, largely, the Falcons decided to try to pressure Eli (which is a departure from the way most teams play them).  That didn't work out so well....

Giants have the talent to run....and other teams know that. 

The question is: If you can't cheat run, because the offense's passing game is too good...and you can't cheat pass, because the offenses running game has too much talent...what do you do? 

The answer, if your defense is good, is to depend on your secondary to make stops.  Neither Atlantas, nor GB's, secondary was good enough to do that.  We'll see if SF (who's secondary is better than both those teams) can.

Together again,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2012, 01:10:32 PM »

Go Niners!!!

Coop

9er's beat the Giants by the skin of their teeth, when the G-men weren't playing all that well.  Remember?  Giants deep in 9er territory (red zone), needing a TD to tie?  Yup, 9ers defense made a stop.  But lets not paint that 9er victory as being anything other than it was.  It wasn't a blow out, by any stretch.

In the regular season, the 9er's had the better defense.

In the playoffs, so far?  No.

You've got 2 very good (borderline great) defenses.  I'd go so far as to say defense MIGHT be a push, but if you held a gun to my head, considering the Giants D is healthy for maybe the first time all year, I'd give the edge to the Giants.

But the Giants have the better offense...and more specifically the better QB.

Special teams has become a non-factor, thanks to the new NFL kickoff rules.  Both kickers are pretty good.

This is going to be a slobbernocker.  Odds makers are favoring SF by 2.5...when there's a standard 3 point bump to the home team.  This game is basically a push.  I won't even pick it, it's so close.

As for "coming out of nowhere"....I watch every snap of every Giants game.  I don't talk football, all that much, til the playoffs start.  Same with the NBA. 

I think alot of people forget that Frank Gore didn't play in that first matchup...and I think field position is a factor

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: