Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:30:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154724 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »

Holy Fuck!  Maybe there is something to this Tebow guy!
God damn, am I wrong about everything!!!???   hihi

What an amazing finish.  Mucho props to Tebow.   beer

Tried to tell u guys

apologies accepted.

look everyone, i like Tim Tebow, but he has just posted 2 of the worst games by a winning quarterback in NFL History.  The last 3 games they happened to catch teams at the right times, the Raiders in Carson's first game, The Chiefs who are completely banged up and the Jets coming off a crushing loss to the Pats then a cross country trip to Denver 3 days later.  I will be interested to see how they stack up against teams that are playing at the top of their game.

Exactly he has played terrible teams! What happened when he played a decent team? The Lions killed him, OVERRATED

well the Raiders and jets are far from  terrible teams, they happened to catch Oakland in Palmers first week also playing without Mcfadden. I'm confident if they played the Raiders again now they would get destroyed.  The Jets had the short week and cross country trip.

The Lions who I am still not convinced are THAT good laid an ass whooping on them at home.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:03:51 AM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »

U can't say that though cause Denver are a TERRIBLE team. Who does he have to give the ball to? MacGahee had hamstring injury and was maybe 50 percent. he has no elite WR since they traded Lloyd.

he lost to Detroit, SO?  He is supposed to go undefeated???

If u look back through all my Tebow posts, I never said he'd make a Pro Bowl, win a Super Bowl or go to the HOF. just said he was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Kyle Orton

That has been proven absolutely 100 percent fact.

Don't forget he came extremely close to leading Den from behind to beat SD if Lloyd hadn't dropped easy 2pt conversion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »

Denver has some weapons on offense.  They're not the greatest offense ever created by any stretch, but losing Brandon Lloyd doesn't put them in abysmal territory.  Tebow is not being asked to do nearly as much as Orton was, so it's hard to compare the two.  Orton played the game manager role quite well with the Bears for years, then he went to Denver and they turned him into a gunslinger, which didn't work out too well.  Tebow is operating an ultra conservative offense, which concentrates on running the ball and not making mistakes.  At the same time, letting their defense win games.  The one thing I think you can say is, for whatever reason, the team plays a hell of a lot better for Tebow than they did for Orton.  The guy is young and should continue to develop.  He's got that winner's mentality, and it's contagious to his teammates.  But he's severely unpolished at this stage of his career, and they're almost doing this with mirrors at this point.  Magical runs happen all the time though, so who's to say it can't continue?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

The Bills shoulda' held off on that big contract extension for Fitzpatrick.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2011, 10:29:14 PM »

U can't say that though cause Denver are a TERRIBLE team. Who does he have to give the ball to? MacGahee had hamstring injury and was maybe 50 percent. he has no elite WR since they traded Lloyd.

If u look back through all my Tebow posts, I never said he'd make a Pro Bowl, win a Super Bowl or go to the HOF. just said he was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Kyle Orton

Don't forget he came extremely close to leading Den from behind to beat SD if Lloyd hadn't dropped easy 2pt conversion.

No D, that's where we disagree again.  To say he's WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Kyle Orton is not "proven."  Who's to say Orton doesn't beat the same teams Tebow beat?  Come on now. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »

^ It's pretty clear at this point that Tebow is really Jesus and there's no way to gameplan against Jesus. 

Actually, I don't think it's a gimmick offense like the Wildcat, it's a pretty straightforward run option, nothing fancy about it.  You have the ESPN pundits now saying that by next season NFL defensive coordinators will have studied and caught up to Tebow.  What?  Maybe I'm missing something, but the Broncos don't exactly appear to be running some complex voodoo offensive scheme that takes a year to understand. 

I think it's just a matter of Tebow being better one-on-one (and often even one-on-two, three) than most NFL defenders.  Anyway, I hope he continues to succeed, if only to show that there's more than one way to play quarterback in the NFL.
It's a gimmick offense in the sense that NOBODY has run that type of offense consistently in the NFL probably EVER.  It's certainly not an offense that has never been seen before, but NFL defenses are not accustomed to playing against it.  Teams WILL catch on, it's only a matter of time.  It happens to every successful, or different offense.  And before I go any further, let's not get carried away.  It's not like the Broncos offense is working wonders.  Their offense is downright AWFUL up until the final drive for the most part.  So they have as much work to do, if not more, than opposing defenses.

There's nothing to catch on to, every team knows what they're doing.  That's why most teams have been stopping them for the first 3 quarters.  What happens is that by the 4th quarter, the 50+ running plays (and defending 11 guys instead of just 10) start to take its toll on the defense.  Did you see that Jets defense in that last drive?  Shying away from contact, waltzing with blockers... they were completely spent.  So the point is, the Denver offense isn't out-thinking anyone with any kind of smoke and mirrors, they're just outlasting the opposition.  And that's not something that can be fixed with Xs and Os. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

^ It's pretty clear at this point that Tebow is really Jesus and there's no way to gameplan against Jesus. 

Actually, I don't think it's a gimmick offense like the Wildcat, it's a pretty straightforward run option, nothing fancy about it.  You have the ESPN pundits now saying that by next season NFL defensive coordinators will have studied and caught up to Tebow.  What?  Maybe I'm missing something, but the Broncos don't exactly appear to be running some complex voodoo offensive scheme that takes a year to understand. 

I think it's just a matter of Tebow being better one-on-one (and often even one-on-two, three) than most NFL defenders.  Anyway, I hope he continues to succeed, if only to show that there's more than one way to play quarterback in the NFL.
It's a gimmick offense in the sense that NOBODY has run that type of offense consistently in the NFL probably EVER.  It's certainly not an offense that has never been seen before, but NFL defenses are not accustomed to playing against it.  Teams WILL catch on, it's only a matter of time.  It happens to every successful, or different offense.  And before I go any further, let's not get carried away.  It's not like the Broncos offense is working wonders.  Their offense is downright AWFUL up until the final drive for the most part.  So they have as much work to do, if not more, than opposing defenses.

There's nothing to catch on to, every team knows what they're doing.  That's why most teams have been stopping them for the first 3 quarters.  What happens is that by the 4th quarter, the 50+ running plays (and defending 11 guys instead of just 10) start to take its toll on the defense.  Did you see that Jets defense in that last drive?  Shying away from contact, waltzing with blockers... they were completely spent.  So the point is, the Denver offense isn't out-thinking anyone with any kind of smoke and mirrors, they're just outlasting the opposition.  And that's not something that can be fixed with Xs and Os. 

I'll take the Chargers -6 1/2 this week over Timmy.
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2011, 09:27:43 PM »

No D, that's where we disagree again.  To say he's WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Kyle Orton is not "proven."  Who's to say Orton doesn't beat the same teams Tebow beat?  Come on now. 

well Orton is 4-14 in his past 18 starts... So

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »

...soooo Orton is waived! 
the Broncos are fucking crazy.  (not for starting Timmay over Kyle...what is this, South Park?  hihi )  but for not dealing Orton for value when they had the chance.

, so the big question, do Da Bears jump on Orton or do they roll with Caleb hanie?
same question for the Texans...Leinart or Orton?
Neither team's a perfect fit for Orton.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »

Tebow 5-1 BOOM

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »

Tebow 5-1 BOOM

Someone could get extremely rich betting the opposite of everything I say!   rofl

Tebow may actually be the Second Coming...is that sacrilege?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »

Tebow is still a terrible QB, yet the Broncos continue to defy logic and win.  Still waiting for them to beat a GOOD team.  There are so many bad teams in the NFL this year.  The AFC has NO dominant team.  The Packers are still head and shoulders the best team in the league and at this point I don't see a team that can beat them.  Quietly marching towards 19-0.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »

Tebow is still a terrible QB, yet the Broncos continue to defy logic and win.  Still waiting for them to beat a GOOD team.  There are so many bad teams in the NFL this year.  The AFC has NO dominant team.  The Packers are still head and shoulders the best team in the league and at this point I don't see a team that can beat them.  Quietly marching towards 19-0.

I think The Saints could definitely beat The Packers.

Their first outing with The Vikings was a close one, and The Lions looked decent Thursday if not for the backbreaking penalties.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2011, 12:04:31 AM »

Tebow is still a terrible QB, yet the Broncos continue to defy logic and win.  Still waiting for them to beat a GOOD team. 

we are going to have to wait longer, as now they have the Vikings next week.  Tebow really stepped in at the right time. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2011, 01:23:21 AM »

U can't say that though

This same Broncos team was 1-4 with Kyle Orton.

So u lose your number 1 WR in Brandon Lloyd and Knowshon Moreno

U can't say they haven't beaten a good team when they are a shitty team as well.

It isn't like Tebow is playing on the GB Packers beating bottom feeders.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »

U can't say that though

This same Broncos team was 1-4 with Kyle Orton.

So u lose your number 1 WR in Brandon Lloyd and Knowshon Moreno

U can't say they haven't beaten a good team when they are a shitty team as well.

It isn't like Tebow is playing on the GB Packers beating bottom feeders.
I can say it.  His stats are HORRENDOUS.  You have to be fair.  There are times when YOU use stats to back up your argument.  In this case, you're basing his performance solely on his record.

I will grant you, that wins are far more important than stuffing the stat sheet, but that doesn't make Tim Tebow a good NFL QB.  The defense is playing out of their minds right now.  The running game is superb.  Tebow is not making mistakes.  They're playing a bunch of bad teams, or catching good teams at the perfect time, in a down year for the NFL. 

I'll agree with you Denver is not that good.  Though many QB's have done far more, with far less weapons.  You give Tebow Brandon Lloyd, Jerry Rice, and Randy Moss and he's still not putting up monster numbers.

I just agree with Willis McGahee.  It's not Tim Tebow who's winning these games.  Sure he's a big part of it.  But there's 52 other guys out there.  McGahee is having a resurgence, the defense is playing great.  They're playing a much different, and safer style of football, then they were with Kyle Orton.  If they changed the system and inserted Orton, I'm not convinced the same thing wouldn't have happened.

I'd like to see Orton get a shot in KC (that time HAS to be coming) before it's too late.  And I'd love for Orton to lead the Chiefs past the Broncos in the standings, but time is running out for that.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »

I would actually agree with the point that Denver is not suddenly winning just because of Tebow, but I don't think anyone has said that.  However, he is contributing positively to their recent winning streak and that is impressive enough for an inexperienced QB.

As far as him being a terrible QB, if he's shown anything it's that we need to distinguish 'passing' skills from 'QB' skills.  Yes, his stats show his passing has not been good (but with his low INT rate and solid yards per attempt, I wouldn't say terrible), but he's been a very effective QB this past month.  Make no mistake, Denver's success in running the ball is centered on Tebow's ability to improvise and make split-second decisions when running the read option.  He's been doing a good job of that and that's the main reason why Denver now rushes for more than 200 yds each game.  Also, running the ball takes more time off the clock, reduces the opponent's number of possessions per game and so keeps Denver's defense rested and in a better position to succeed.  As a reminder, this defense was dead last in the NFL last season.   
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #337 on: December 01, 2011, 03:00:50 PM »

McNabb is back on the market.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #338 on: December 01, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

McNabb is back on the market.

Chicago? I can't imagine how he would help at this point. He'll get eaten for lunch behind that line.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #339 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »

Is time really running out for Andy Reid in Philly, sandman?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: