Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154669 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »

Exactly but only one guy took the blame for all that.

McNabb fired the first shot.

He could've said, we were fortunate to make it to the Super Bowl but the only chance we have at winning is if T.O is on the field.

He was jealous cause Philly loved T.O and never embraced Donovan and Donovan felt like he deserved more credit so he bitch smacked T.O.

Why would Donovan say that?  It makes zero sense.  "The only chance we have at winning is if TO is on the field," is a preposterous statement.  NO qb would ever say that.  Brady, Peyton, Ben...NONE of them would EVER say something like that, period.
Every person has their faults, but on this particular issue, I believe you've got it wrong D.  Sorry.   peace

btw, I am predicting right now Tebow rolls the Broncos to victory today.  The matchup could not be better even if it was hand-picked!  It's a fucking home game in the state of Florida. Smiley  The Dolphins suck against the pass.  Tebow will roll.  Dolphins fans would be wise to root for the Broncos.  The Dolphins in my opinion have the best shot at landing Luck.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2011, 12:49:44 PM »

U guys better jump on the Tebow bandwagon now.

I will be proved correct moving forward.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »

U guys better jump on the Tebow bandwagon now.

I will be proved correct moving forward.
You may be, but today will prove nothing.  The Dolphins are TERRIBLE!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »

Tebow in crunch time!!

They should start Orton first 3 and play Tebow in 4th.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:03:52 PM by D » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »

we should just stop wasting time discussing mcnabb.

within about 18 months, 3 teams have realized that mcnabb is done, he's doesn't train hard, he doesn't put the necessary work in, and he's difficult to deal with.

he will be remembered most for his lack of leadership and off-field drama, being a product of Reid's system who did not perform as well in the playoffs, and as a player who in his only SB appearance, choked both figuratively and literally.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »

within about 18 months, 3 teams have realized that mcnabb is done, he's doesn't train hard, he doesn't put the necessary work in, and he's difficult to deal with.

he will be remembered most for his lack of leadership and off-field drama, being a product of Reid's system who did not perform as well in the playoffs, and as a player who in his only SB appearance, choked both figuratively and literally.

If the reports of him showing up to meetings late and not putting in the necessary work are true...Sandman, I will accept the truth.  "The truth is," (when you're an Orange fan and Vikes fan) "...the truth hurts..."   crying

Damn!  ...but I still think he deserves some credit for Philly's past successes.  NFL Hall of Fame?  Hell no.  Philly should honor his #5 in my opinion though.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »

He is as good as Elway though, Right Prez??  hihi Kiss

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »

He is as good as Elway though, Right Prez??  hihi Kiss

Up to the time we started going back and forth with this stuff, McNabb had put together one hell of a resume. 
Since then, he has had a serious decline.  I'm not gonna sugar-coat anything.  I think I've been quite clear in my assessment of how Donovan's career should be looked back on.
Better than Elway?  No way.
Better than Plummer?  Hell yeah!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2011, 12:23:24 AM »

McNabb will be remembered most as the greatest QB in Philadelphia Eagles history. Yeah, Reid gets the best out of his QBs. Look at Kolb and how he's sucking it up in AZ, despite having the best WR in the league. But I think McNabb would've had a lot of success over the past decade no matter where he played. His poor play now has more to do with the fact that he's 35 years old and has been on two bad teams two years in a row. And what have the Eagles done so far without him anyway? Yeah, Vick was great last season, but did the Eagles win a playoff game? No. This year they're already in danger of missing the playoffs, despite being loaded with talent. McNabb was always blamed for the red zone deficiancies, but those have continued even without him.

And why the hell is anyone defending TO? People hate him everywhere he's ever played. He's thrown all his QBs under the bus at some point. TO is all about TO. He's a diva and a selfish jackass. He's cancer in the locker room. Fuck TO.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:48:40 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »

McNabb will be remembered most as the greatest QB in Philadelphia Eagles history. Yeah, Reid gets the best out of his QBs. Look at Kolb and how he's sucking it up in AZ, despite having the best WR in the league. But I think McNabb would've had a lot of success over the past decade no matter where he played. His poor play now has more to do with the fact that he's 35 years old and has been on two bad teams two years in a row. And what have the Eagles done so far without him anyway? Yeah, Vick was great last season, but did the Eagles win a playoff game? No. This year they're already in danger of missing the playoffs, despite being loaded with talent. McNabb was always blamed for the red zone deficiancies, but those have continued even without him.

And why the hell is anyone defending TO? People hate him everywhere he's ever played. He's thrown all his QBs under the bus at some point. TO is all about TO. He's a diva and a selfish jackass. He's cancer in the locker room. Fuck TO.

Norm Van Brocklin is the greatest eagles QB. he only played 3 season, but he won a championship for them. They beat the Packers, which was unheard of at that time. He's in the NFL HOF. eagles haven't won a title since.

there are more people coming out today saying mcnabb stopped working hard after he left the eagles. that's a disgrace. and speaks volumes about his character. he never worked as hard as necessary in philly. the last memories of mcnabb will be so negative, that will overshadow all the great things he did.

i'm not trying to the kick the guy when he's down. i had hoped he would do well cause part of me believed Reid's philosophy held mcnabb back at times. but its been nothing but a disaster since he left the eagles. he's washed up.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »

the sports guy ranked all the QBs today. interesting since we've done that in here a few times. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7160762/nfl-quarterback-power-rankings

his thoughts on mcnabb are pretty much exactly what i said last week....

28. Donovan McNabb
You know what's strange? In this day and age ? when NBA stars like Dirk Nowitzki are peaking in their mid-30s, when 34-year-old Tom Brady is playing as well as ever, when training and dieting has staved off the aging process for great athletes by a couple of years ? how in God's name was Donovan McNabb (born on November 25, 1976) washed up two years ago? It's not like he suffered a major injury. It's not like his personal life fell apart. Shouldn't he still be thriving? Mike Lombardi's recent report about McNabb's poor work ethic was pretty telling ? even though he gave Philly 10 quality years, made six Pro Bowls, finished 98-62 as a starter and goes down as one of the most talented QBs of that decade, it feels like the ancillary stuff (that he didn't stay in shape, that he wasn't prepared, that he wasn't enough of a leader, that nobody will ever totally know what happened in the fourth quarter of that Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl, that three teams quit on him) will become a bigger part of his legacy than anything else. He's one of those rare athletes who was handed the complete car wash package and never totally appreciated it. You know what Sonny from A Bronx Tale would say.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »

Cant believe the Saints lost to the Rams...I guess the energy is St. Louis is still running strong. Looks like the Niners got a chance at the No. 2 seed.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »

"'15'?" one Lions defender said, according to a Yahoo! Sports report. "Come on -- that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?'"

Said Lions defensive end Cliff Avril: "As long as he felt our pressure, he was going to make crazy decisions."

Detroit cornerback Chris Houston, who returned a Tebow pick 100 yards for a touchdown, was similarly unimpressed.

"He's an athlete. He's no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or no Michael Vick or none of that," said Houston, according to The Denver Post. "He's got a long ways to go as far as being a quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a4c8c/article/lions-defender-calls-tebow-a-joke-following-decisive-victory?module=HP11_headline_stack

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #293 on: November 01, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »

"'15'?" one Lions defender said, according to a Yahoo! Sports report. "Come on -- that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?'"

Said Lions defensive end Cliff Avril: "As long as he felt our pressure, he was going to make crazy decisions."

Detroit cornerback Chris Houston, who returned a Tebow pick 100 yards for a touchdown, was similarly unimpressed.

"He's an athlete. He's no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or no Michael Vick or none of that," said Houston, according to The Denver Post. "He's got a long ways to go as far as being a quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a4c8c/article/lions-defender-calls-tebow-a-joke-following-decisive-victory?module=HP11_headline_stack

while Tebow did suck it up last weekend, I don't know how I feel about anyone associated with the DETROIT LIONS talking shit.  The Detroit Lions are the laughing stock of the NFL post-merger.  I mean it is a truly embarrassing franchise since the late 60's.  Now that they have somehow won a few regular season  games all the sudden they are talking trash like the 2000 Ravens.
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: November 01, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »

TT 15 is so overrated its not even funny. Hes going to be the next Ryan Leaf, unless they decide to move him to running back, that is the only way he will have a future

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #295 on: November 01, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

TT 15 is so overrated its not even funny. Hes going to be the next Ryan Leaf, unless they decide to move him to running back, that is the only way he will have a future

I am still preventing myself from responding to D's October 23rd post:  "U guys better jump on the Tebow bandwagon now.  I will be proved correct moving forward."
 rofl

gnr85...I don't know about rb, perhaps TE?

I still think the guy's in over his head...but he's got a load of money to retire on, so I don't feel bad for him.  He seems like a good guy.  I see him either coaching or broadcasting...or wandering the streets healing the blind and deaf.   hihi

Yo Bodhi, at least the Lions are going to give us something fun to watch on Thanksgiving for a change!   Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »

Yo Bodhi, at least the Lions are going to give us something fun to watch on Thanksgiving for a change!   Cool

I actually looked forward to the annual 50 point ass whoopings the Lions received every Thanksgiving...but you are right, at least it should be a competitive game this year.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #297 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »

I think the Lions have a pretty good shot at taking Green Bay out...GB is due for a loss..and they've looked not horrible by any means, but not that great the last few weeks. Lets see how the Packers do after the bye.

As for Tebow...the guy will never be a good QB in the NFL...he doesnt suck, but hes nothing amazing. He does however have a ton of passion and athlethic ability so you never know where that would lead...I think hes one of the best back-ups to have on a team...hes a motivating leader who can win you a few games here and there

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: November 02, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »

I wouldn't give up on Tebow just yet.  Most 1st round QBs are afforded a year or two of being awful before either jumping ship or seeing if the light bulb goes on. 

I'll never forget how terrible Doug Flutie was during the few initial chances he was given to play in the NFL, but he was exiled to the CFL immediately and not given a chance to develop because he was 5'9" and the 'experts' unanimously decided he can't be an NFL QB.  Then he comes back to the NFL in his late 30s and lights it up.  Which was bittersweet to see because he was a lot of fun to watch and it would have been great to see him have a full NFL career. 

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #299 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

The problem with Tebow is he is not ready to be a starter in the NFL yet.  Just because Josh McDaniels was an idiot and drafted him too high doesn't mean Tebow should be expected to be the savior of the organization.  He could be useful in 3rd downs or in the wildcat for now, he is capable of making some plays, but he has horrendous mechanics and everything else that it takes to play football at this level.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: