Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154502 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2011, 12:06:59 PM »

back up  a bit. I never said Tim Tebow would win a Super Bowl

I think he can be a successful qb.

Big Ben is so overrated its ridiculous.. U take him off that juggernaut defense and he has 0 rings. Let him go QB for Buffalo and see how good he is.

Prez its the same reason people miss on so many draft picks... they analyze too much date and things that don't matter.....

Tebow sucks in practice.... who gives a shit? what does he do in live action?? so far he has impressed me big time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »

back up  a bit. I never said Tim Tebow would win a Super Bowl

Big Ben is so overrated its ridiculous.. U take him off that juggernaut defense and he has 0 rings. Let him go QB for Buffalo and see how good he is.

you take Big Ben off of those two Steeler teams and the Steelers have 0 rings in the past 10 years.  I guess you are saying that just anybody can orchestrate a 2 minute drill like he did against the Cardinals in the Super Bowl, or how intangibles about his season saving tackle in Indy when Bettis nearly gave the game away.  Big Ben is a one of the better clutch Quarterbacks in the game, thats not an opinion, I have watched him win games in the fourth quarter a ridiculous amount of times over the years.  I would take him in a big playoff game over any QB in the league today thats not named Tom Brady.  When a play breaks down, there is no one better than Ben.

Overated is not a word to describe Super Bowl champs.  It's not like he was Trent Dilfer out there, Big Ben helped win those titles for the Steelers.  Yeah he didn't have a great game against the Seahawks, he was also a second year player and still made the plays when it counted in that game.  The last game in Green Bay wasn't his best either, but how about all the playoff games leading up to that?  It also wasn't his fault that Rodgers was shredding that Pitt defense up, its a team game.  Ben has made more plays than Tony Romo or Mike Vick ever made, the two truly most overated players in the game today.  Romo might be the most overated player I have ever seen in the history of pro sports.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2011, 05:42:16 PM »

I hear this shit all the time

If ben was a better QB, maybe there would've been no need to orchestrate a 2 min offense?

Threw for what? less than 123 yards 0 TDS 2 Picks  in his first SB win

second super bowl He did well.. but C'mon Arizona were not exactly a defensive Juggernaut I give Santonio Holmes more credit for making an amazing catch on that one.

Last year, that pick 6 he threw turned out to be losing margin....

Ben is a "Clutch" QB but I think he is highly overrated QB rest of the game.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »

Bodhi, I'm with you on Ben.  I'm not quite there with you on Romo.  I think Romo's a bit underrated.  Hell, most of the Cowpoke fans I know think Romo's a choke artist who will never help the team win a Ring.
I think Romo's pocket awareness and agility are underappreciated. 

Orton vs. Tebow, I'm taking Orton every time.

D, we need video of you doing the Allen Iverson (now Aaron Rodgers') "practice?  practice?  you're talkin' bout practice???  Not a game, but practice?"   rofl
If Timmy can't get it down play after play after play in practice, how the hell is he gonna be expected to do it in games?
A.I. could get away with that shit because he had established himself in the league already.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »

Look at Cam Newton.. How is he better?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »

Look at Cam Newton.. How is he better?

I don't think anybody here said he is.
Plus, Newton has the advantage of only having to beat out Jimmy Claussen.
Orton > Claussen.
Personally, I think Carolina could be making a big mistake starting Newton from Day 1.

I am considering benching my stud Jets defense in favor of the Cardinals just because the Cards are playing against the panthers and it's Cam's 1st game.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »

that is a pretty good idea on the defense.. still got Stewart and DeAngelo though

I had a great keeper draft today

First rd I was between Mike Williams TB and Brandon Marshall.. back n forth back n forth... Ended up taking Williams and Marshall slipped to me next rd

I ended up with this lineup.. On yahoo projections I am projected over 150 almost every week!!

QB Vick/
RB Hillis
WR Fitzgerald
TE Dallas Clark
W/R Mike Williams
W/R Brandon Marshall
W/R Joseph Addai
Bench: Josh Freeman
Bench: Jacoby ford
Bench Sidney Rice
Bench Ben Tate
Bench Delone Carter
Bench Marion Barber

Defenders
Laron Landry
Derrick Johnson
Jon Beason

B David Smith

K Sebastian janikowski

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2011, 03:04:17 AM »

I think Tebow is one of those players who will always perform much better in game situations than in practice. There are many more athletes who are the exact opposite. I'd rather have the former.

Tebow is very raw. He was supposed to be a long-term developmental project. People thought it would be 3-4 years before he was capable of starting. I thought he was very impressive in his three starts last season, especially when you take everything into consideration. Analysts said he wouldn't be able to run in the NFL, yet he hasn't had a problem doing that so far. His potential growth as a QB was stunted this season due to the lockout. New coach, new system, etc.

I'm on the side that believes Tebow can be a successful starting QB. There are definitely flaws in his game, accuracy being the biggest one. But I think he seems like an intelligent guy, he works hard, he's motivated. I think he'll continue to learn and develop and improve his game. For him to be truly successful I think he'll definitely need to be in a system that is designed around his strengths (running ability, improvisational skills) while masking his inaccuracy and other flaws. He'll never be a Pro Bowl player. But I do think he can be a winning QB.

Plus he's got God on his side. I'm sure the Big Man Upstairs will guide a few of those errant passes into the hands of Tebow's receivers.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2011, 08:45:46 AM »

I think Tebow is one of those players who will always perform much better in game situations than in practice. There are many more athletes who are the exact opposite. I'd rather have the former.

Tebow is very raw. He was supposed to be a long-term developmental project. People thought it would be 3-4 years before he was capable of starting. I thought he was very impressive in his three starts last season, especially when you take everything into consideration. Analysts said he wouldn't be able to run in the NFL, yet he hasn't had a problem doing that so far. His potential growth as a QB was stunted this season due to the lockout. New coach, new system, etc.

I'm on the side that believes Tebow can be a successful starting QB. There are definitely flaws in his game, accuracy being the biggest one. But I think he seems like an intelligent guy, he works hard, he's motivated. I think he'll continue to learn and develop and improve his game. For him to be truly successful I think he'll definitely need to be in a system that is designed around his strengths (running ability, improvisational skills) while masking his inaccuracy and other flaws. He'll never be a Pro Bowl player. But I do think he can be a winning QB.

Plus he's got God on his side. I'm sure the Big Man Upstairs will guide a few of those errant passes into the hands of Tebow's receivers.

I think God blew his wad a few years ago on Eli's errant throw being caught by David Tyree against the Pats in that Super Bowl!  What the hell did Eli do to deserve that prayer being answered!  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

More Peyton Manning neck surgery
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning had further neck surgery Thursday, the team announced, his third surgery in the past 19 months.

AFC South blog

Kuharsky ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

? Blog network: NFL Nation

Manning decided to have the surgery after consultation with a half-dozen doctors who reached a consensus that the most viable option would be a one-level cervical neck fusion in the wake of his May 23 surgery to repair a bulging disk. It's unclear whether Manning would be able to return to play this season.

The team said in a statement Thursday that the surgery was "uneventful" and that it would not place Manning on season-ending injured reserve and instead keep him on the active roster.

"This procedure is performed regularly throughout the country on persons from all walks of life, including professional football players. Two former Colts players had this same procedure last winter and have fully resumed their careers," the team said in the statement.

"Rehabilitation from such surgery is typically an involved process. Therefore, there will be no estimation of a return date at this time."

The team said that Manning immediately would begin the rehabilitation program prescribed by his surgeon.

Manning was unavailable for comment, as was his agent, Tom Condon. His father, Archie, and brother, Cooper, whose college career was ended by a severe neck injury, would not specifically address Peyton's surgical decision.

Archie Manning, a former NFL quarterback, only spoke of his son's state of mind.

"I think he's OK, probably because there's a little finality to this deal in terms of playing," the elder Manning told Mortensen. "He's been on the clock since May. He didn't make it. Obviously, it's a big letdown, but he can relax a little bit compared to the intensity of everything he has done trying to rehab."

Earlier Thursday, without confirming any pending surgery for brother Peyton, Cooper Manning told ESPN that a cervical fusion would be a logical step after his brother's slow recovery and setback last week when he experienced more upper back and neck pain.

"Everyone is different, but I've had a fusion and I've known players who have had fusions and went on to play football. ... You can get a pretty good range of motion back and much more stability once it heals," said Cooper, the oldest of three brothers that include quarterbacks Peyton and Eli.

Cooper said he did not have specific knowledge on a decision regarding another operation for Peyton.

"You know Peyton and how he values his privacy even within a very tight family like we have," he said. "We've exchanged some short texts and I've given him his space. He's had a lot going on."

Manning will miss his first NFL game when the Colts open the 2011 season Sunday against the Houston Texans. He had made 227 consecutive starts counting playoff games, including the Super Bowl the Colts won capping the 2006 season. The four-time MVP is 35 years old.

Manning was hopeful that four months of therapy after his May 23 surgery would allow him to resume normal football activity, but his progress was minimal with nerve regeneration and his triceps area remained weak, not allowing him to throw a football with reasonable velocity. He was taken off the PUP (physically unable to play) list last week so he could practice on a limited basis as a part of his therapy in hopes of making progress and measuring his readiness.

However, Manning's progress "plateaued" and pain returned to his upper back and neck region, which initiated a new set of diagnostic tests and the recent prognosis that an anterior cervical fusion would be a wise course of action, sources said.

On Wednesday, in an interview with ESPN 1050 in New York, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian revealed that Manning would not play the opener Sunday at Houston. Manning confirmed the decision in a statement later Wednesday.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.

This is HUGE news, possibly no Peyton Manning this year? I don't give the colts much chance without him.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »

Looks like Manning won't be back this year. Interesting to see how far the Colts fall without him.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »

Guarantee they won't go 11-5 like NE did without Brady

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »

Guarantee they won't go 11-5 like NE did without Brady

Hmm, methinks Bellichik has a little something to do with how that played out.  Wink
Jim Caldwell is no Bill Bellichik.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »

Makes you wonder all the more why they didn't seriously pursue The Gunslinger instead of Kerry Collins.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »

In PPR league would u start Joseph Addai or take a gamble with Jacoby Ford??

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2011, 06:43:02 PM »

In PPR league would u start Joseph Addai or take a gamble with Jacoby Ford??

That's a tough one D.
Sorry, I have never done a PPR league.
addai will get 10-12 carries for 45 yards, no td's.  3 receptions for 19 yards.

Ford:  4 catches 68 yards, plus return yardage.
addai has a better shot at a td though in my opinion.

I've got Arian Foster...start him or bench him?  nervous
I'm thinking Matthews should do well against a Viking D with part of the Williams Wall serving a suspension.  ...but Arian is off the hook normally against the Colts.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »

tough thing with Arian is... If he does play and Houston get a nice lead.. do they give him the rest of the day off??

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »

How bout that "ELITE" Big Ben today? hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »

I think things are gonna get ugly fast in Indy, getting spanked by the Texans.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »

U would think from all the exams in college etc I've messed up second guessing myself, I'd learn not to do so

Today, I started Addai over Ben Tate at the last minute... STUPID

Then i had Patrick Peterson starting with 2 minutes to go till kick.... we count 25yards per point on returns and 1pt for tackles and 1 pt tackle assist

Benched Peterson last min for Bradie James cause he had higher projection..... STUPID STUPID DUMB DUMB FUCK

now instead of having my feet kicked in with no pressure or stress... I am down 30pts with Janikowski and Brandon Marshall left to play.... PPR 1 point per reception league...

I still got  David Harris and Bradie playing... So who knows.. maybe Marshall will have a big day but it isn't looking good all cause i am stupid and second guessed myself.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: