Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154444 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »

We need one more guy to sign up for fantasy football to even things out with www.gnrevolution.com, who's it gonna be?  Timothy?  Coop?  Beuller?  Who wants in?  I was thinking of moving the draft up to Tuesday, but we need another participant to conduct a draft.
sorry for the delay.
I'm ready to reclaim my '07 glory.  Smiley
 beer
I didn't even notice you were missing, I just assumed you were already in.  Alright, we're all set then.  Thinking about moving the draft to Tuesday.  Just a couple days away, sound alright?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »

We need one more guy to sign up for fantasy football to even things out with www.gnrevolution.com, who's it gonna be?  Timothy?  Coop?  Beuller?  Who wants in?  I was thinking of moving the draft up to Tuesday, but we need another participant to conduct a draft.
sorry for the delay.
I'm ready to reclaim my '07 glory.  Smiley
 beer
I didn't even notice you were missing, I just assumed you were already in.  Alright, we're all set then.  Thinking about moving the draft to Tuesday.  Just a couple days away, sound alright?

Tuesday's fine with me.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »

I got my first draft tonight

Gonna be interesting to see where Chris Johnson goes in the draft.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »

Survival Football league if anybody is interested.

Im giving 2 chances instead of one

Group ID# 16397
password:harlan

yahoo.com

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

I got my first draft tonight

Gonna be interesting to see where Chris Johnson goes in the draft.

I'm just not a CJ fan...and this holdout makes me even more leery. 
Personally, I think Ray Rice will outperform CJ in 2011. 

good luck D!  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »

anything that late is fine with me.  Tuesday's fine.  Faldor, thx for setting it up as usual!
lookin' forward to it all.
D. let us know how your money-league draft went.
I had my annual, "Damn, why did I do that" feeling immediately following my draft.
Can't wait!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2011, 06:59:51 PM »

Money League draft is Sunday

I hate our current set up cause we do 3 straight rounds before snake begins round 4.

this sucks cause where i finished 2nd, I ampicking 9th,19th,29th.....

The guy picking first has Andre Johnson,Jamal Charles and Maurice Jones Drew as his keepers.. so yeah he had to ReALLY suck to get last with that squad.

Anyhow last nights free league went pretty well.. I somehow managed to snag both Jamaal Charles AND Lesean McCoy.. I play a .5 PPR league

QB Josh Freeman WR's Chad Ocho,TB Mike Williams  Santana Moss  TE Jason Witten W/R Legarrette Blount

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2011, 07:14:14 PM »

D, I wouildnt expect great things early on from Chad (Johnson). He's been slow to learn the offense, as many newcomers to the Patriots often are. I do think he'll get there eventually, but you might want to keep a close eye on him in the beginning. Plus the fact that Brady has so many options and loves to spread the ball around. Chad could blow up some weeks and be non existent others.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »

I hit on Jacoby ford late.. so I may rely on him and hope he lives up to the potential.  I also got my old reliable Danny amendola

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2011, 12:20:06 AM »

Fantasy league members, sorry to keep switching the draft date and times on you guys.  But I wasn't getting a very warm response to tomorrow at 10:30, and I do agree that's kind of late.  I changed it to next Monday, 7:45.  I realize that's Labor Day, so hopefully that won't ruin or infringe on anyone's plans.  I figure it should be late enough.  Just make sure if you go away for the holiday, rush to get home in time for the draft.

Just kidding.  No worries if you can't make it, though I'd like as many to attend as possible.  It's always a good time. 

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2011, 03:01:29 AM »

D, I wouildnt expect great things early on from Chad (Johnson). He's been slow to learn the offense, as many newcomers to the Patriots often are. I do think he'll get there eventually, but you might want to keep a close eye on him in the beginning. Plus the fact that Brady has so many options and loves to spread the ball around. Chad could blow up some weeks and be non existent others.

I totally agree with this assessment. He is such a great route runner and a really hard worker that it will be tough for him not to succeed eventually. Though it could be sooner than we think, i am confident he'll be great by mid season.  Cool
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:04:18 AM by Sober_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »

Regarding Tim Tebow...

A few months ago, I found his popularity ridiculous, that his jersey was a bestseller, that he was automatically considered the starter at Denver, and that, in Orton, the Broncos would dump a proven veteran to make a royal path for Tebow.

Now, things have completely turned and I find it equally ridiculous that most analysts are now writing off Tebow as a potential impact QB in this league, simply because he doesn't fit the conventional NFL QB mold.  He is without question a unique talent, was one of the greatest college players ever, and performed quite well in the 3 games he started last year (which is incredible given he was a total novice at the pro game). 

Personally, I think he needs one more year on the sidelines, but after that, I definitely think he can be a starting QB in this league and could one day even be a major impact guy.  After all the years I've been watching football and the crap that I've seen at the QB position in the past (for example, how many years was Dave Brown a starter for the Giants?) and even now (fucking Chad Henne?), I find it insane that for a guy with his talent it could be a foregone conclusion that he just can't be a pro QB.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »

Regarding Tim Tebow...

A few months ago, I found his popularity ridiculous, that his jersey was a bestseller, that he was automatically considered the starter at Denver, and that, in Orton, the Broncos would dump a proven veteran to make a royal path for Tebow.

Now, things have completely turned and I find it equally ridiculous that most analysts are now writing off Tebow as a potential impact QB in this league, simply because he doesn't fit the conventional NFL QB mold.  He is without question a unique talent, was one of the greatest college players ever, and performed quite well in the 3 games he started last year (which is incredible given he was a total novice at the pro game). 

Personally, I think he needs one more year on the sidelines, but after that, I definitely think he can be a starting QB in this league and could one day even be a major impact guy.  After all the years I've been watching football and the crap that I've seen at the QB position in the past (for example, how many years was Dave Brown a starter for the Giants?) and even now (fucking Chad Henne?), I find it insane that for a guy with his talent it could be a foregone conclusion that he just can't be a pro QB.

Somebody should set up a board in which 2 people could bet on stuff like this.  If you were willing to bet on it, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat.  Timmy should try his hand at tight end...perhaps lining up in the occasional Wildcat formation.  NFL personnel guys are usually right far more than they are wrong.  I'll roll with Boomer and Hoge on this one. 
Why on Earth would the Broncos NOT want this guy on the field?  Tebow puts fannies in the seats.  He sells jerseys like nobody's business.  If he had 75% the talent of Orton or Quinn, he'd be the Broncos opening day starter.  But that's not the case.  The latest rumor had the other qb Weber out of U. of Minnesota outplaying him.

being successful in college just does not always equate to success in the NFL.  apples and oranges...he seems like a good guy, a bit preachy for my tastes, but a good guy nonetheless.  He's a hard worker and I respect that.  I hope he is able to turn the corner...but so far it doesn't look that good.

I wish I was an NFL G.M.  I've got the plan all worked out.  I would have traded '11 draft picks for '12 and '13s.  I'd put a guy like Tim Tebow in as starter.  I'd surround him with entertaining characters...Tiki Barber, TO or Randy Moss, maybe Culpepper...get some old-timers in there.  (the entertainment sells tickets but fans can only support the team for so long before the losing gets to them)  Go 2-14 and get ready to introduce Andrew Luck, qb of the next 12 to 15 years, at the next draft.  (fans are then ecstatic)  Surround him with kick-ass rookie talent.  In 2013, that's when you sign the free agents to get you to playoff level.  By 2014, you've got 3rd-year receivers and a solid core on defense and you're ready to challenge for a Super Bowl.
"It's so Easy..."   hihi 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2011, 01:23:07 AM »

How does he not look good?

He had 3 very good games last year at the end of the season

and he has been great in the preseason 20 out of 31 or something over 300 yards...

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »

How does he not look good?

He had 3 very good games last year at the end of the season

and he has been great in the preseason 20 out of 31 or something over 300 yards...

In his 3 starts, he completed less than 50% of his passes last season. 
One of his td passes in that Raiders game was extremely dangerous and should have been picked.

Tebow's obviously not getting it done in practice. (cue Aaron Rodgers' hilarious take on Allen Iverson's famous line:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-Xj3n9MvI)
As a result, half the guys he's playing with and against won't be NFL starters or even backups.
Orton's lighting it up against starters in the pre-season. 

From a business perspective I can understand the drafting of Tebow...he sells merchandise and tickets.  Does he and will he win you games?  I am rolling with the majority of football experts who tell me he's not "that guy."   no

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »

Dude, what part of being a "ROOKIE" do u guys not understand?

My God, Peyton Manning,Troy Aikman amongst others weren't that good as a Rookie.

Did people expect him to be Tom brady the moment he touched the field?

As a rookie, he still did damn good all things considered.

he has done nothing to make me think he won't be a good starter.

We've already seen what Kyle Orton gives u which is a lot of yards.. but no results.  473 yards last year against Indy... 13pts.. how is that possible?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »

Dude, what part of being a "ROOKIE" do u guys not understand?

My God, Peyton Manning,Troy Aikman amongst others weren't that good as a Rookie.

Did people expect him to be Tom brady the moment he touched the field?

As a rookie, he still did damn good all things considered.

he has done nothing to make me think he won't be a good starter.

We've already seen what Kyle Orton gives u which is a lot of yards.. but no results.  473 yards last year against Indy... 13pts.. how is that possible?

Peyton and Troy had tools coming out of college that Tebow did not.
(sure, Tebow's a much more gifted runner, but he just doesn't have the quick delivery and he's not accurate)
Why would unnamed Broncos big-wigs...and just about every talent scout out there say the guy is not where he should be?
What could they possibly be gaining from calling a spade a spade?
Don't ya think if Tebow really had something his receivers would have supported him more?
Brandon Lloyd was happy as hell to see Orton stick with Denver.
There had been practices in which Tebow couldn't hit receivers in stride...and not just once, but over and over. 

btw, of course Denver could give you plenty of yards, but they had no running game.  It was Josh McDaniels.  Add to that the fact their defense was a sieve...of course they got a ton of passing yards. 
If you think Tebow can outperform Orton, honestly, I think you're nuckin futs.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »

Name of the game is winning, not how pretty u look doing it.
Look at Vince Young.. 30-17 has a terrible delivery, doesn't wow u with stats. or Big Ben is first couple seasons when he didnt' always put up the best statistics but just got the job done.

Tebow went 1-2 last year but u can't blame Oakland who scored 49 or SD who was just a far superior team for him losing.

Orton was 3-10 last year... he throws a pretty ball though.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:20 AM »

Look at Vince Young.. 30-17 has a terrible delivery, doesn't wow u with stats. or Big Ben is first couple seasons when he didnt' always put up the best statistics but just got the job done.

Tebow went 1-2 last year but u can't blame Oakland who scored 49 or SD who was just a far superior team for him losing.

Denver had a horrible defense last year with key injuries and a non-existent running game. They were a one dimensional offense with a game management type quarterback in orton trying to play like a pure passing quaterback because they had no running game to help him. Its a team game. People are quick to blame the qb when the team loses and quick to praise him when they win. Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Brees and manning, basicly the top teir guys, don't win games by themselves. They do however make spectacular plays that can give you a big advantage in key situations as well as provide great leadership that can elevate the players around them. Basicly, they make can plays that can win games but there are 10 other guys on those successful offenses. Not to mention most of those teams can at least play decent defense if not great.

Tim Tebow is a run first quarterback. It has been proven over the last decade and before run first quarterbacks cannot succeed in the nfl. Their skillset doesn't match whats needed to bring championships to teams. Evident by every big star quarterback who has won a superbowl this past decade and before. In fact name me a run first quarterback with a poor throwing motion and that can't read more than one side of the field, if that, who has won big play-off games or superbowls. Name me one that came from college with this skill set and was successful in the NFL. One might say Michael Vick, however Vick can't make the throw to win the game that a quarterback has to make. He may improve with reid but he still has difficulty reading the entire field. He failed when dan reeves was coach, he failed under mora and failed last year with the eagles in the play-offs. Yes he has qreat talent around him now but as long as he remains run first he never will be as successful as the great quarterbacks have been, which is why he's trying not to be and being semi-successful, at least semi in my eyes.

There have been successful scrambling quarterbacks but those guys are all pass first, run second guys. Tim Tebow was not great at throwing the ball in college and will not be great at throwing the ball in the nfl. He is a quarterback with a paticular skill set that allowed him to be highly successful with his great leadership skills and atheleticism but he has probably never been able to throw the ball very well. In college you can be very successful as a niche quaterback like Tebow or even Cam Newton but in the nfl the defenses are smarter, faster and bigger. Therefore running first no longer works because of injury, the lack of open space in the nfl compared to college, and the fact the read option plays like tebow and cam were so successful at don't work in the nfl.

There may be a time when this type of quarterback will be successful in the nfl but it hasn't happened yet and i don't believe Tebow will be one to break the barrier. Cool

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »

D, you put V-Why? in the same sentence as Big Ben...that's wrong on several different levels.  Smiley
VY has a losing record against teams with winning records...hopefully that puts the "30-17" talk in its place. 
Imagine how good the Titans would have been with a quality qb.  (VY is mediocre at best, a head case, and an overall net negative to a team...how pissed must Andy Reid have been after VY fueled opponents' fires with the stupid dream team quote?"
Sober_Times said it very well.
Nobody here is proclaiming Kyle Orton is a great quarterback.
Orton's a good quarterback who can manage a game.  Put him on a team with a great defense and he could pull a Dilfer or Brad Johnson...I don't believe VY could.
I sure as HELL don't think Tebow could...at this stage of the game and without DRASTIC improvement.

Broncos front office.
Broncos teammates.
NFL scouts who watch days of tape on these guys.
Former NFL players.
All of them with an overwhelming majority have echoed Sober_Times' words. 

btw, maybe ALL of those people are wrong.  It's possible.  Hell, I love seeing a good comeback story.  I'll get my popcorn ready!  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: