Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154551 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »

Tebow almost brought them back

He should def be the starter.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »

I agree. That was impressive how he almost got them a touchdown with 26 seconds and 3/4 the field to go.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2011, 08:19:42 PM »

I agree. That was impressive how he almost got them a touchdown with 26 seconds and 3/4 the field to go.

Tony Dungy agrees with you guys.
Personally, I believe if you want your best shot to win, you play Orton.
That said, if you as an owner want to sell tickets and make money, you play Timmy Tebow.
The Broncos aint going anywhere this year.  So, "Go on, take the money and run."
The best scenario for Denver would have been to trade Orton b4 the season, and start Timmy the whole season.  A 3-13 year would have given them a shot at Luck.  Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »

Huge emotional win today for the Raiders.  It is only fitting that they win with Sebastian Janikowski, Darius Heyward Bey and Michael Huff all coming up big.  3 guys that Al Davis valued highly when everyone else thought he was crazy.  Davis always loved and believed in his players and their abilities, sometimes to a fault(Jamarcus Russell.)  As a Raider fan I am very happy he stuck around long enough to get them back on the right track.   They are far from perfect, but they are young and have a lot of promise.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2011, 10:58:19 PM »

That said, if you as an owner want to sell tickets and make money, you play Timmy Tebow.
The Broncos aint going anywhere this year.  So, "Go on, take the money and run."
The best scenario for Denver would have been to trade Orton b4 the season, and start Timmy the whole season.  A 3-13 year would have given them a shot at Luck.  Wink

how do u have a better chance to win with Orton when he is 4-14 over his last 18? he sucks

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »

how do u have a better chance to win with Orton when he is 4-14 over his last 18? he sucks

because Tebow likely would have been 0-18.  He is not an NFL caliber quarterback, and if he plays out the rest of this season it will finally put this issue to bed.   Poor arm strength, slow delivery, these are things that can't be fixed.  He was a great college quarterback, but that doesn't mean anything in the NFL.  He is a very good running quarterback, but ask Michael Vick how many rings that gets you.  Tebow is a good kid, good character all that stuff,  just not an elite player, and thats what it takes to be in the NFL.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »

I don't know that Tebow can ever be a franchise-QB that will lead his team to multiple Super Bowls, but in the 3+ games he's played, the Denver offense has been far more productive than it has with Orton.  And if he ends up being half the player Vick is, he'll be better than a lot of starting QBs out there right now, if he isn't already.  From what he's already shown, I'd take him over Rex Grossman, Tarvaris Jackson, Andy Dalton, Chad Henne, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert and, yes, Kyle Orton.     
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »

Tebow can come into a game and look fairly effective at the end of a game against a team that spent all week preparing for Orton. That being said, they aren't winning anything with Orton anyway. Might as well play the kid and put the issue to rest like someone else already said.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »

as for the eagles....all i can say is thank god we have the flyers!!!

after that brutal weekend, philly really needs them.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:58 PM »

Look at his stats in his three starts last year. Very good stats as a Rookie QB

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »

Look at his stats in his three starts last year. Very good stats as a Rookie QB

D, every time I bolstered my arguments in the past with stats, you told me stats don't mean anything!  You crack me up.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2011, 12:27:17 AM »

Well, I'm not comparing Tebow to Brett Favre LOL

and McNabb has proven to be a product of Andy Reid's system. Def no John Elway.

I've never said he'd be a pro bowler or win a super bowl, just he was way better than Kyle Orton.

u guys act like he can't play and I can use stats to prove in 3 games, he did very damn good as a rookie.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »

Well, I'm not comparing Tebow to Brett Favre LOL

and McNabb has proven to be a product of Andy Reid's system. Def no John Elway.

I've never said he'd be a pro bowler or win a super bowl, just he was way better than Kyle Orton.

u guys act like he can't play and I can use stats to prove in 3 games, he did very damn good as a rookie.

Well D, it's TEBOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!  He's got the gig now.  He's got a peach of a matchup too.  The Dolphins are ranked 31st out of 32 teams in fantasy points given up to opposing quarterbacks...AND a bye week to prepare.  Plus, he'll be playing in Florida...methinks he'll have plenty of fans in the stadium that game. Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2011, 08:16:18 PM »

Go Niners!!!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #254 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »

Go Niners!!!

Coop

Congrats man...so far.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2011, 09:44:46 PM »

Go Niners!!!

Coop

Congrats man...so far. 

Ya I think the Lions are gonna be tuff to get past, but it will also be a good gauge of where we are at right now...I think for the most part we are a legit team, but we will most likely stay at the bottom of the top ten. We had the most going against us going into the season from a lock-out stand point and the team seems to be getting caught up...who knows where we will end up. Feels good to be a niner fan again! Also cant wait until Harbaugh finally unleashes Kaepernick...whenever that will be.

Coop
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:46:31 PM by SpecialAgentCooper » Logged

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2011, 01:59:06 AM »

Wow no posts this week?? Well it feels good to be a Niner fan! Big win...what more can you say? Sad that the "handshake" was the post-game focus, but whatever..it just keeps the attention away from the players and what they continue to build.

Coop  Grin

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »

Wow no posts this week?? Well it feels good to be a Niner fan! Big win...what more can you say? Sad that the "handshake" was the post-game focus, but whatever..it just keeps the attention away from the players and what they continue to build.

Coop  Grin

I work with a Niners fan and he's on Cloud 9 too.  If they go .500 the rest of the way, they'll be 10-6!  Honestly, with the shitty division they're in and the schedule they've got, 12 wins is not unrealistic.

The handshake thing was b.s.  Goodell was right not to fine these children.  Harbaugh should have been respectful, and Schwartz should have been the bigger man.  Nuff said.

After watching my Vikes play like dogshit last night, I am ready to admit one of my faves is no longer playing at an elite level.  Donovan McNabb (God love him!) needs to step aside.  Ponder came in and showed better escapability and definitely more potential than Donovan.  I'm just not seeing the spring in his step anymore.  We are 1-5...play Ponder to see if we like him.  If he's awful, we'll be 2-14 and have a shot at Luck or Moore.  If he's pretty good, we'll still finish less than .500 and we can build with a top 10 draft pick.
My dream of Donovan getting that 3 seasons of 20-25 touchdown passes to get him to 300 career td's aint gonna happen.  Philadelphia Eagles Ring of Honor?  Definitely.  Hall of Fame...unfortunately.................................. crying  crying  crying  crying  crying

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »

As soon as Dallas got ready to punt, i posted on FB and tweeted that Jason Garrett just lost the game

Worst coach in the NFL and has been since he was O Coordinator.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2011, 11:46:42 PM »

Coop  Grin

After watching my Vikes play like dogshit last night, I am ready to admit one of my faves is no longer playing at an elite level.  Donovan McNabb (God love him!) needs to step aside.  Ponder came in and showed better escapability and definitely more potential than Donovan.  I'm just not seeing the spring in his step anymore.  We are 1-5...play Ponder to see if we like him.  If he's awful, we'll be 2-14 and have a shot at Luck or Moore.  If he's pretty good, we'll still finish less than .500 and we can build with a top 10 draft pick.
My dream of Donovan getting that 3 seasons of 20-25 touchdown passes to get him to 300 career td's aint gonna happen.  Philadelphia Eagles Ring of Honor?  Definitely.  Hall of Fame...unfortunately.................................. crying  crying  crying  crying  crying

That's the first Vikings game I've seen this year, and I thought McNabb played well. On two third down plays early in the game, he hit both receivers in the hands yet they dropped the ball. He had a high completion percentage. The Vikings just suck as a whole. McNabb may not have been very good in the previous games, but their problems go much deeper than the QB position. I lost my fantasy matchup this week in my main league by dropping the 49er's defense for the Vikings defense, so I'm especially annoyed. I figured the Vikes would rack up several sacks. Instead they got me negative points.

That may have been McNabb's last game as a starter. It's hard to imagine where he will end up next year. I'd like to see him return to Philly and backup Vick.

Speaking of the Eagles, I think people are buying them too soon. The NFC East isn't what it used to be. The Redskins still suck; Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman. The Giants are inconsistent. The Cowboys are good, but always find a way to lose. Andy Reid's teams usually start out slow (although usually not this slow), but finish the season strong. I still think the Eagles win the division.

It's hard to imagine anybody beating the Packers, though. They're kinda like my fantasy team in the HTGTH league. Might as well crown us both. ok

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: