Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 154347 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

Sources say Shaun Ellis is joining the Pats pending passing a physical. Its a one year deal. The Jets were already planning on limiting his playing time in favor of rookie Muhammad Wilkerson who was a standout at Temple. Thoughts Faldor?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »

I like the move.  Gives the Pats needed depth on the D-line, and possible insurance if Haynesworth doesn't work out.  Ellis always seemed to play well against the Pats too, so it's a plus they don't have to go up against him twice a year to boot.

A lot of Pats fans wanted them to take Wilkerson in the draft, and were upset when the Jets snagged him.  I don't know too much about the guy, though I did see him play against UConn at least once.  It's tough to gauge the small school guys, as they don't go up against the toughest of competition.  The guy has some skills though from what I hear.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2011, 12:35:56 AM »

Yeah, they needed more help there. It is definitely one of their weaknesses so Ellis will help. I'm sure Pats fans will be glad to not see him playing against them anymore.

That's interesting. They must think very highly of him. I do wonder how well he will play being just a rookie.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »

Andre Carter reported on his twitter account that he'll be playing with New England next season.  As far as I know, the Patriots haven't made it official yet.  Another addition to the D-line though.  They sure are stocking up at a quick pace, and that's good to see.  They could use the help.  It finally looks like they have some guys that can get after the QB.  It's about time, it only took 4 years or so.  It also appears they'll be playing a lot more 4-3 this year than 3-4, as most of their personnel lends itself to that.  Of course Belichick is denying that and calling it a "media fabrication", but it certainly has that look.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »

I loved that answer from bill regarding the media fabrication. I love it when Bill basicly tells them your question was stupid and here's why.  hihi

Ellis on the PUP, so we'll see how that works out. Looks like the pats are going with a lot of de's that can do both 3-4 and 4-3 so i forsee a switch from week to week or even possibly down to down based on best possible match ups. I have this vision of bill sitting in an office for most of the lockout watching tape and strategizing for the upcoming season, so whatever this defense does i think it will be interesting.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2011, 12:26:16 AM »

I loved that answer from bill regarding the media fabrication. I love it when Bill basicly tells them your question was stupid and here's why.  hihi

Ellis on the PUP, so we'll see how that works out. Looks like the pats are going with a lot of de's that can do both 3-4 and 4-3 so i forsee a switch from week to week or even possibly down to down based on best possible match ups. I have this vision of bill sitting in an office for most of the lockout watching tape and strategizing for the upcoming season, so whatever this defense does i think it will be interesting.  smoking
Yeah, I'm quite certain he kept himself quite busy during the lockout.  I think I heard they have 21 D-lineman on the roster now.  Obviously that's going to have to be cut down.  Lots of competition I guess, let the best rise to the top and make the necessary cuts.  I was a little worried when they cut Ty Warren.  I didn't realize they were going to go on a Super Market Shopping Spree on the DL after that.  Now it makes more sense.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »

as u all know bout my Money keeper league... Draft is Sept 4th and I can't decide between McFadden,Mendenhaal or Desean

well, I possibly can trade McFadden or Mendenhaal for Larry Fitzgerald.

league is 1 point per reception 10yrds per point

Sound like a good deal?

I feel i got lucky on McFadden and to sell him this high for Fitz would be a great move.

thoughts?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2011, 12:57:54 AM »

as u all know bout my Money keeper league... Draft is Sept 4th and I can't decide between McFadden,Mendenhaal or Desean

well, I possibly can trade McFadden or Mendenhaal for Larry Fitzgerald.

league is 1 point per reception 10yrds per point

Sound like a good deal?

I feel i got lucky on McFadden and to sell him this high for Fitz would be a great move.

thoughts?
I'd trade Mendenhall due to my distaste for him, but I think that'd be a good deal.  McFadden was great for ONE season.  Fitz has been great for many more.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2011, 03:02:56 AM »

Seems like it would be a good deal D. I think Fitz would a be a good low-risk move.

i will say i'm a huge mcfadden homer and really think the guy could be great this year. That being said, i'm weighing on keeping him in my keeper league because of the loss of robert gallery on that o-line which could be tough to fill. And the loss of zach miller who has been the only dependable recieving target in oakland the last few years which could make them even more one-dimensional than they already are. And also don't forget how easy their schedule was. I'm trying to convice myself not to keep him. hihi smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:34 AM »

Read this earlier about chad ochocinco:  "I'm going to do something different, I'm actually going to stay with a fan for the first two, three weeks of the season," he said Tuesday. "That should be fun, until I get myself acclimated and learn my way around." "I'm not sure how it's going to work, but they have to have Internet and have to have Xbox," he said. "That's about it."

I like chad's personality. I know it gets on some people's nerves but i have always found his antics to be mostly harmlessly entertaining. Being in new england now i expect bill to want him to tone it down quite a bit but i do hope chad is still chad sometimes.

i know it won't happen, but i want him to bring back his list of corner backs he faces each week with check marks next to the ones he burns. That was hilarious. hihi smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »

Seems like it would be a good deal D. I think Fitz would a be a good low-risk move.

i will say i'm a huge mcfadden homer and really think the guy could be great this year. That being said, i'm weighing on keeping him in my keeper league because of the loss of robert gallery on that o-line which could be tough to fill. And the loss of zach miller who has been the only dependable recieving target in oakland the last few years which could make them even more one-dimensional than they already are. And also don't forget how easy their schedule was. I'm trying to convice myself not to keep him. hihi smoking

Bringing back Michael Bush scares me cause he will steal a lot of redzone and 3rd down Opportunities... worries me about his lack of durability also.

I like Kolb.. he might not win games but he can at least throw the ball somewhat. Having a big target like Fitz who i also think is in a contract year is big.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

I made the deal.

He only would do McFadden so screw it.

Fitz almost outscored Mcfadden in my league and he had Derek Anderson and John Skeleton at QB.

So I think I made a great deal.

Steve Smith of the NYGiants signs with Eagles! HOLY SHIT!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:22:15 PM by D » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:21 AM »

Steve Smith of the NYGiants signs with Eagles! HOLY SHIT!
He's out for at least half the season though isn't he?  Not too sure about the severity of his injury, but I'd say they're taking a chance.  Certainly not as much of a slam dunk signing if he was healthy and able to play out of the chute.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2011, 12:49:44 AM »

yeah but when he does come back will be a huge shot in the arm and makes them even stronger.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2011, 01:05:57 AM »

yeah but when he does come back will be a huge shot in the arm and makes them even stronger.

IF he comes back full strength.  Again, I don't know much about his injury.

Just read this on twitter though.  Obviously a difference of opinions.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
So which doctor is right? Giants think WR Steve Smith won't be ready until mid-seasons. Eagles Drs think he'll be ready for opener.

Also, Eddie Trunk is not happy with the move.

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
Just landed in Chicago to see the Eagles now signed the Giants best receiver Steve Smith!?! What are the Giants doing?! Brutal!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:08:58 AM by faldor » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »

how can u be a Giants' fan and not know Hakeem nicks is ur best wr?

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »

meaningless football starts tonight and i can't wait to watch back up quarterbacks light it up against guys that will be bagging my grocies in a couple weeks.

i am excited though. It's nice that football will be played tonight and ill be watching! smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »

For the record i despise the change to the kickoff rules. Now the ball is on the 35 and the kicking team has to be at least touching the 30. We're gonna have a lot of balls going out of the endzone for touchbacks or players just taking the knee. Goodbye kickoff returns for touchdowns.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »

Holy shit, the pats put up 47 in a pre season game? Are you kidding me.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »

Holy shit, the pats put up 47 in a pre season game? Are you kidding me.

And Tom Brady didn't play either

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: