Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba: Axl Has 'Three Albums Up His Sleeve'; Two Part Audio Interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba: Axl Has 'Three Albums Up His Sleeve'; Two Part Audio Interview  (Read 22404 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »

you're in twisting mood, i'll try again:
its "weird" to talk about not doing asskissing but then kinda doing it - when also being on Axl's payroll and having the huge GN'R name as career pusher.

Re-Union time, baby!!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 03:10:42 PM »

i disagree, most people never heard his name before, Axl opened him the door for actual "getting" really successful, a huge career pusher! and yes, a hired gun is on Axl's paycheck, isnt on the same level like Axl, doesnt have band name rights or the final say....thats all on Axl's shoulders and this differs from many other "bands".
"my jaw hits the piano bench", "The guy is just fucking incredible", "I pray to God one day people get to hear what he has up his sleeve [...]the shit is just awesome", "I think it's an amazing record." etc. etc.  this interview is just full of too much positive stuff that it at least justifies the term "weird" i've used when he says he doesnt need to kiss ass but then kinda does it a lot.
anyway more of a real downie of the interview might be this one for me "I can't wait to get in and work on some stuff with him." - so they didnt really work together yet, he just sends him (part of) songs?

How So? This is common knowledge, just repeating the folklore as heard by a select number of others, but not the masses.  You don't get to produce the likes of Neil Diamond without having some kind of talent, or play along side Nikki Sixx, or write for Motley Crue for that matter. I really don't get what your issue is.. Kiss.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »

I mis-read your post jarmo, I thought you said "which most people here seem to ignore". I thought you was complaining about the thread not getting much attention again, but you was in fact saying that in regards to the people not on boards and are casually fans... so I got that one wrong, yes.  Shocked

But.......  hihi

In regards to the current discussion, I just want to state that I find it somewhat confusing having DJ say that he's working on loads of songs and passing them on to Axl. Don't get me wrong all of the things he said about Axl was spot on, and it's nice to hear those things.

But we have been told by Ron that the current band has yet to go into the studio together, and that the next album will probably be alot of CD type of songs recorded majoritily by the CD era members. So what is DJ doing?, is he recording overdubs and seeing if Axl likes them like Ron did in 2006-08. Is he been given the green light by Axl to try to create 1 or 2 more songs to put on the album?.

I don't know what to think?, and before anyone tries to be a smartass and says "the whole band don't have to be in the same room to record". I think Ron meant by that former comment, is that the progress in regards to the current line-up contributing to the next album is minimal at best...

I just get a sense that Ron has a very different view of what's happening in regards to CD2 than what DJ has. Or Ron just might be being cautious and not giving any false hope to the fans, in regards to saying comments like DJ's.  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:46:12 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »

its "weird" to talk about not doing asskissing but then kinda doing it - when also being on Axl's payroll and having the huge GN'R name as career pusher.

Maybe 'the glamrocker' enjoys working with a true artist, as opposed to walking in flock?

I betcha DJ has worked with other people and gotten paid for it without liking too much what he do, but as for now I think he got his dreamjob and expresses it nicely. Axl don't behave too well, WE ALL KNOW THIS, but I think the relief with working with music and shows together w GunsnRoses is pretty genuine.

Both Axl and DJ = the real deal.

They are not people that do what they do cause they think they are supposed to do it.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

Why does every single word spoken by a band member always need to be dissected?  At the end of the day the outcome is what?  It is the same mindless chatter rant  Let us just be happy there is going to be a strong possibility of some great new music coming our way, and lets not forget, they are in the beginning stages of touring Wink.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »

What kind of songs btw? Oldshcool-type-of-stuff? Ballads?

Can we except more stuff aka OMG/Silk Worms?

and lets not forget, they are in the beginning stages of touring Wink.

I hope he brings back the Satan-beard again, was kinda cool Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »

How can it be ass kissing when it's his opinion?

I bet the whole reason he mentions the ass kissing part is because of people like you. He probably knew that some one like you would hear the comments and think "He's kissing Axl's ass". Surprise, surprise!

Say something positive, and you're kissing ass. Say something negative, and you're telling the truth... Right?

If Dj really is excited and amazed by the songs he's heard, and he says so, how is that ass kissing?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »

I bet the whole reason he mentions the ass kissing part is because of people like you. He probably knew that some one like you would hear the comments and think "He's kissing Axl's ass". Surprise, surprise!

Say something positive, and you're kissing ass. Say something negative, and you're telling the truth... Right?

If Dj really is excited and amazed by the songs he's heard, and he says so, how is that ass kissing?

/jarmo

ajAJjaJAJajJAJjajAJjaJAJaj

DJ Is Happy

hihi rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:36 PM »

DJ is the perfect fit cause u can tell the guy is a big time GNR fan. thats refreshing. I never bought Robin being a GNR fan which is why i had a hard time accepting him.

DJ pays tribute to the past and is a perfect bridge to the now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »

DJ is the perfect fit cause u can tell the guy is a big time GNR fan. thats refreshing. I never bought Robin being a GNR fan which is why i had a hard time accepting him.

Could not agree more!
There really is nothing to discuss with regards to DJ's interview. He makes no promises just offers an insight into his life in GN'R. Why would he lie??. If I were to SPECULATE....I get the impression Axl holds DJ in very high regard, and I would not be suprised if he was closer to Axl than other members of the band. No source for this thinking just a gut feeling!
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »

I would agree, DJ is a huge GN'R fan.  That makes it genuine ,it also shows why he is excited to be in this band.  I don't get why some people try and turn positives into negatives every single time someone opens their mouth  no

to me that is much wierder than ANYTHING the band members talk about IMO
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »

I said it here before and I'll say it again. Robin Finck nor Buckethead were the the right guitarists for GNR. They just didn't seem to fit in that mold. DJ is the perfect example of a GNR guitarists. The guy has talent and is passionate. I like reading the story about how he and Axl beat up some dude b/c the guy was acting like a jackass. That's old school GNR attitude right there. I like what DJ says here and his attitude. I can't wait to see this band live.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 01:27:34 AM »

I mis-read your post jarmo, I thought you said "which most people here seem to ignore". I thought you was complaining about the thread not getting much attention again, but you was in fact saying that in regards to the people not on boards and are casually fans... so I got that one wrong, yes.  Shocked

But.......  hihi

In regards to the current discussion, I just want to state that I find it somewhat confusing having DJ say that he's working on loads of songs and passing them on to Axl. Don't get me wrong all of the things he said about Axl was spot on, and it's nice to hear those things.

But we have been told by Ron that the current band has yet to go into the studio together, and that the next album will probably be alot of CD type of songs recorded majoritily by the CD era members. So what is DJ doing?, is he recording overdubs and seeing if Axl likes them like Ron did in 2006-08. Is he been given the green light by Axl to try to create 1 or 2 more songs to put on the album?.

I don't know what to think?, and before anyone tries to be a smartass and says "the whole band don't have to be in the same room to record". I think Ron meant by that former comment, is that the progress in regards to the current line-up contributing to the next album is minimal at best...

I just get a sense that Ron has a very different view of what's happening in regards to CD2 than what DJ has. Or Ron just might be being cautious and not giving any false hope to the fans, in regards to saying comments like DJ's.  Shocked
DJ seems like a tireless worker.  Always in the studio working on new songs.  He's apparently sent some stuff Axl's way to see if he likes it, or if he could work with it.  This process has been going on for quite some time all across the rock genre.  It's nothing new.  Not sure what's so hard to comprehend there.  Ron said the band had not gotten together to start work on a new album and DJ pretty much said the same thing in this interview.  That doesn't mean that he, Ron, or anyone else can't share ideas with Axl in hopes that they might hit on something that may be used sooner or later.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 03:22:54 AM »

Exactly. No contradiction there between DJ's and Ron's comments.

Ali
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 04:40:38 AM »

you cant know for sure if its his real opinion.

nope, never said that, you're twisting big time again just to turn down my arguments.

/jarmo

chance is there that his words came through excitement, sure. but would people in such a (big) band openly say they dont like the songs and that their boss has some issues they dont agree with when they're on the payroll and have that huge GN'R name as career pusher? do people openly talk bad about their bosses in real life in a way that the boss (later) can read/hear their exact words? think twice, as a result you cant deny that possibilty aswell. we've had this before with all the hired band members over the years...they've learned that anything coming to critism (negative and positive) isnt really allowed to say, gets deleted etc. so they rarely touch those subjects - if at all.

read the 2 lines from my last post again and you cant deny that there is ground for that.

anyway, fans would like to hear those "outstanding songs" at some point to make up their own opinions. lets hope for some release in the near/middle future, peace out.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »

chance is there that his words came through excitement, sure. but would people in such a (big) band openly say they dont like the songs and that their boss has some issues they dont agree with when they're on the payroll and have that huge GN'R name as career pusher? do people openly talk bad about their bosses in real life in a way that the boss (later) can read/hear their exact words? think twice, as a result you cant deny that possibilty aswell. we've had this before with all the hired band members over the years...they've learned that anything coming to critism (negative and positive) isnt really allowed to say, gets deleted etc. so they rarely touch those subjects - if at all.

read the 2 lines from my last post again and you cant deny that there is ground for that.

anyway, fans would like to hear those "outstanding songs" at some point to make up their own opinions. lets hope for some release in the near/middle future, peace out.

I think if DJ really didn't like or care for the material that Axl is working on he would have chosen a different approach in the interview. He would never openly said it was bad, I agree with you there. But, he would probably have given a more neutral response, emotion-free. Something like "Axl's working on new material", no info on whether it's good or bad.

Hearing the interview, it sounds like he's genuinely impressed by what he has heard.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:55:45 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »

you cant know for sure if its his real opinion.

And you for sure don't know that he's just kissing ass.

You seem to think it's the best way to solve a disagreement, is by airing it in public in an interview.

And you think that because they're not doing that, they're not allowed to.

Funny.

It's like you create all these ideas in your head to match your theories.

Do you have a clear picture in your head of how it must be to be a GN'R member based on assumptions such as this one?

Where you took positive comments by Dj to literally meaning that he's not telling the truth and he's just kissing ass. Because in your picture, he can't be excited, amazed and feeling all those kinds of emotions because he doesn't own part of the GN'R name!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »

I think if DJ really didn't like or care for the material that Axl is working on he would have chosen a different approach in the interview. He would never openly said it was bad, I agree with you there. But, he would probably have given a more neutral response, emotion-free. Something like "Axl's working on new material", no info on whether it's good or bad.

Hearing the interview, it sounds like he's genuinely impressed by what he has heard.

For me it seems that DJ is the only one in the band right now who is talking about the new album. Considering that, I do not understand how what he is saying would be a lie. I don't understand why he would bring up something like that that other band members don't talk about just to lie about it ?

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »

For me it seems that DJ is the only one in the band right now who is talking about the new album. Considering that, I do not understand how what he is saying would be a lie. I don't understand why he would bring up something like that that other band members don't talk about just to lie about it ?

And why don't the other bandmembers talk about this kind of stuff, do you really need to think about it... Tongue

People like to bash people like me, who are realistic about what has happened, and what is likely to happen. I don't see DJ's comments through rose tinted spectacles, I see them and then make an assumption on how things are likely to turn out.

Just don't start bitching about the press, when they start quoting all of DJ's interviews in a years time, when the album still hasn't appeared. DJ's comments give people false hope, and even if they are not lies, they give the press ammunition to bash GN'R when things don't go to "plan".

And that is exactly the reason why Ron, Richard and Tommy don't go into things as much as DJ does. Because they know what might happen if things don't go to plan.....

Like it or not, that is the truth and I'm not going to censor it, just because realistic talk is not popular here.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:01:52 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »

I think some people are just naturally pessimistic whilst others are optimists.

For me, the glass is half full and this is great news.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: